Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) (43315 Views)

Kano Hisba Invades University Hostels Arrests Male, Female Students In Same Room / Best Five University Hostels In Nigeria(photos) - Kinesthouse / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by BaEnki(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
OAU Ile-Ife Hostels Are Dirty, Rot In Learning Environment

In as much as this article is not meant to spite the school authority, as bunch of it is directed towards the students, the school authority still have a great role to play in ensuring good living conditions of their students though it seems the students have been left alone to continue living like animals.

Since I've been in this school I haven't visit any female hostel as most guys would have, so my assertions here are based on what I had seen in the three males hostel i.e Awolowo, Fajuyi and Angola halls. A visit to any of the aforementioned hostel in normal weekdays will make you speechless but a visit on Saturdays and Sundays will definitely make you puke. The sight of dirt flowing around will made you wondered whether you're truly in OAU or some god forsaken prison yard, to be honest with y'all most OAU boys behave less than worst animals you see out there, that you'll begin to question yourself whether you're truly in the midst of people or mindless animals.

The toilets will be left unkept even when there is water to do so, the rooms will be left untidy like some animal breeding grounds, clean up the room this hour, next hour its already chaos, there are waste bins around but no one is using them.

I'm using this opportunity to reach out to my fellow students to imbibe the culture of cleanliness, let's begin to reason like humans and do the right things, please make use of the waste bins, clean your environments.

To the school authority, more hostels need to be built, you can't accommodate more than 10,000 boys in 4000 spaces, the toilets are eyesore, they all needed to be fixed or replaced, and lastly we are not animals stop treating us like one.
We can't be living in bushes because weren't wilds.

I typed this from my sick bed. cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by BaEnki(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
'Most' used waste bin I snapped.

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Olalan(m): 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yes more hostels are needed, the truth is the unhygienic state of the hostel are due to the ANIMALISTIC BEHAVIOR of the students residing there.

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
OAU whenever I hear the name I de bow but see... .
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
This is just too poor!
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by TheHistorian(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Why do Nigerians make a fuss out of nothing?

What's wrong in students mobilizing themselves in large numbers to clean this up and then solemnly swear to maintain the neatness they all contributed to.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by tstx(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
this one. is not our govts fault..Nigerians are dirty.. especially when the subject matter is not theirs.. In their head they'd be like. No be my papa house joor

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by cashlurd(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by buygala(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
From
Angola H7
To Awo block 2 room 209
To Awo Block 1 room 103, I experienced all shades of rot in OAU sad

Those days of Bobby, Africano, Devaino, Cowbell, Prof Faborode, Destiny, and that bastard named FJ undecided

OF THE GREATEST IFE!
ARTICULATE IFE
EVER-CONSCIOUS IFE
OF THE GREATEST GBIGBI
OF THE GREATEST GBOGBO
OF THE GREATEST SHHHHHHHHHH

Mama no fine, but her children still love her smiley

But Mama sef should try and have small sense na sad...... Dirt, decay and rot are never worthy traditions for any person or institution.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by 00Ademi(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
Very Bad
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by tstx(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
I know the hostels are old and all but assuming every inhabitant of those hostels are in the habits of cleaning their corners and disposing their refuse properly, no way wey the hostel go be like this.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by kelvyn7: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
shocked
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by donjosh47: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
COOL
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Greatmind23: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
omo ,and these people go get girlfriends

na why I dey knack people gf be this if I drive these nigga babe to my luxurious appartment now shei she no go hang legs for me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by obaival(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
U
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by dhardline(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
And you will think this one's will leave school and all of a sudden decide to keep Nigeria clean? Can't happen. The cycle continues.

The problem is from the foundation, once the foundation is not right things will never be right. Nigeria really needs to overhaul it's education sector for there to be hope in 15years time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by rozayx5(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nigeria does not have any standard public university

filthy place producing blockheads

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by adims96(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
IBB in mouau na small london to this one nah
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Rmxr: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Typical Nigerian hostel. Smh
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Damoxy(m): 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
The best solution to this Hostel shit is to force these politicians children to stay in this hostel just for a week.

U will be amazed at the revolution that will happen.

This leaders don't have a Good plan for the Nigerian Youth.
May God just Gimme Enough Money, My Children won't attend Government Schools if this Is the way things are gonna Be
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Badboiz(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
These students no try at all

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by emmyw(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yuck
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by billionman: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Despite the fact that the hostels are old, it could be cleaner if the students have the right attitude of cleanliness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Achillesdam500(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Awolowo hall be like hogs habitat

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by castrol180(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Some of the OAU hostels need renovation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by itiswellandwell: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Hmmmm. Giant of Africa school. smh

check my signature for your customised ATM card flash drive as ideal sourvenir for your clients this xmas/new year
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by lilmax(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
you can actually rear pigs there grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
ITS A BIG PITY...SMH
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Sebastine1994(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
I don't care attitude is what is killing Nigerians. If I was a landlord most of these boys can't rent my place because of standard. Should the government come and sweep rooms for you guys too?

I noticed first hand the life of hostel at kogi state university. The boys there made the place look like a dustbin. Throwing dirty water from the fourth floor, hanging clothes anyhow
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by CHIMCO(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Terrible. School authorities needs to act fast to avoid epidemic.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by Sebastine1994(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
F
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University Hostels Are Dirty (Disturbing Photos) by tolanibae(f): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Present Certificate Of Registration To CONUA (Breakaway ASUU Faction) / UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science) / University Of Ibadan Reacts To Aminu Zubair's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.