Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (114106 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Enugu Block Of 12 Flats Of 1 Bedroom Apartments" / The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Oct 23, 2017
We have landed here again in Enugu to build this beautiful detached duplex for a nairalander, the details of the project are as follows;

Project: Construction of a new 6 bedrooms duplex
Client: A nairalander
Contractors: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Project duration: 120 days
Budget: 17m

Please join us as we start this project and bring it to completion. Daily updates of works and challenges to be posted here. Thank you all.

8 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Oct 23, 2017
This house will have;

6 fairly large en site bedrooms
1 large public lounge downstairs
1 private lounge upstairs
1 dining room area
1 kitchen and kitchen store
1 ante room

front porch, 2 balconies, comfortable lobbies and sit outs from every corner.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:13am On Oct 23, 2017
More pictures soon, as I move to the market to buy some materials.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by Dieumerci(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2017
Well done sir. We are with you always.
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2017
Dieumerci:
Well done sir. We are with you always.
Congratulations.

Thank you Bro, I am encouraged the more when I remember all your support.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by bereiweris(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
spyder880:
God speed Sir. student 001 reporting for class sir

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by WorldAmbassador: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
spyder880:

Oga Spyder, great job. I learn a lot from your posts and hopefully one day you will supervise my project that I'll conceive. More grease to your elbows

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by gkutez: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
weldone Sir. following very closely.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
bereiweris:

God speed Sir. student 001 reporting for class sir

WorldAmbassador:
Oga Spyder, great job. I learn a lot from your posts and hopefully one day you will supervise my project that I'll conceive. More grease to your elbows

gkutez:
weldone Sir. following very closely.

What can I ever do without all your support, God will bless you plenty. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
1. The site
2. Pegging the build apace
3. Bringing in sharp sand for block making

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Clearing out some trees around the building space, cutting them in bits and removing them from our space so we can start properly.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Clearing out every tree, and even roasting a bush meat which is disturbing us from working grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by ChimaAdeoye: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Oga Spyder,

I want to buy land and build four flats in Enugu.
As you already know, i dey yankee. But, my brother and inlaws dey Enugu.
You are the only person i can yarn with and who has taste to build a solid design.
So i need reliable number they can call if you still have land in your estate. I will also call you from here to smooth en out how to wire your money after they confirm the site is good.
Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by Medicineguy: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
oga syder..abeg since u are well versatile on enugu lands..how much can I get a good plot of land in emene or maryland
Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by irokop(m): 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congrats Oga ken, that bush meat should be taking to lab for pox and iboo checks ooo!!!

Pls permit me to share my experience with Nigerian artisans especially roofers.if you recall I called you while at home to enquire about roofing sheets. I don’t know why some of these guys can not be straightforward for once don’t that a house built with one measurement can have different square meters when you call Nigerian roofers to measure how many square meters of sheet that can cover the house.

Chai as we go we learn what u don’t know u don’t know oo. First roofer gave me 770 sq meter, second 550 although he didn’t climb the roof to measure he went round the building mesuring with his foot after he said 550 square meters will cover the house that he is talking base on experience I sad to him that I hear. Third roofer gave 700 square meters we decided to use the third person, but before that we have to go to companies to price the sheet of which we settled for foreign alum sheet called metcopo 0.45guage @1770 although we got it 1700 naira for one square meter at a company in owerri Olu road.

My house is a two wing three bed bungalow with massive front and back seat out all in suite store and others.

Now here is the magic they do, I called the guy that is the third roofer whom I want to give the job and told him that I don’t have money to roof the house now that how much can I pay him to get me the correct measurements of the roof which is called cutting list at this point his continent changed he laughed and said ova no body will give cutting list that one is for him and the company it was at this point I caught him red handed I preached and preached it really took time to bring him to comprehend. Last we agreed that I will give him hundred thousand naira on top of his labour before he now showed me the citing list which he said the total square meters is 630 even at that I still believe that there is excess even the ridge and gutters he has to now bring down the meters after the roofing we had 4 meters left.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
Medicineguy:
oga syder..abeg since u are well versatile on enugu lands..how much can I get a good plot of land in emene or maryland

Budget between N5m-N12m depending on the actual location of the plot.
Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Let's excavate these foundation trenches.......

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
These blocks are being produced for use in the foundation. .......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by bereiweris(m): 6:06am On Oct 25, 2017
spyder880:
These blocks are being produced for use in the foundation. .......
pls how many blocks are you making per bag?
Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:50am On Oct 25, 2017
bereiweris:
pls how many blocks are you making per bag?

About 28 blocks per bag.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by bereiweris(m): 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Wow thanks boss. These will b very strong sir. Did 40/bag for my first set of 6" blocks but planning on increasing it to 45/bag since am using it next yr. Hope that amount is K?
Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:10am On Oct 26, 2017
bereiweris:
Wow thanks boss. These will b very strong sir. Did 40/bag for my first set of 6" blocks but planning on increasing it to 45/bag since am using it next yr. Hope that amount is K?

It might be Ok if they abide by good mixing practices, and choosing the right sand. Block industries sometimes get up to 60 blocks from a bag but due to their choice of sand and mixing expertise, you will never notice.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2017
We continue with the excavation. ......

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:24am On Oct 26, 2017
Column bases will be done today. .....

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by bereiweris(m): 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
spyder880:

It might be Ok if they abide by good mixing practices, and choosing the right sand. Block industries sometimes get up to 60 blocks from a bag but due to their choice of sand and mixing expertise, you will never notice.

thanks a lot will pay close attention on this 1. God continue to strengthen and give u more ideas. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2017
The 3d presentation

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by Bonaven001: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:33am On Oct 30, 2017
Starting iron works, foundation blinding and placement of column base reinforcement.

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Stand the starter bars........

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:37am On Oct 30, 2017
Foundation concrete blinding........

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:12am On Oct 31, 2017
After blinding, we start to reinforce the ground beam in readiness for the concrete cast.

Re: The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:12am On Oct 31, 2017
Bringing in more trips of stone. .......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sending Money Back Home For A Project: What Has Been Your Experience? / Buy Lands At Our Planned Estate "Royal Palm Estates" Ugwuomu Nike, Enugu / Things You Should Know Before Buying That Casement Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.