Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive (46022 Views)

Sad Mood I Lost All My Day Old Chick To Coccidiosis Disease..the Weather Is Bad / Sales Of Day Old Chicks, Poults And Other Birds In Ibadan / See The Current Price Of Day Old Turkeys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by balmofgilead: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
kunlesufyan:
Nice!
Animal freak!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Fuhrerfran6(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
mhen--- you made profits ooh....agriculture is the way o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Odingo1: 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
ojeffo:
Heartbreaking... All these love and care, even drugs. Only to sell them to be butchered by gluttons. #TEAMVEGETARIANS cry cry cry cry cry cry
That is why fulani people do not eat cow meat, but animal is meant for human to eat by our creator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by mastermaestro(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:
no forget to gve dem gomboro

Are you talking about what she has sold? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2018
mastermaestro:

Are you talking about what she has sold? undecided
grin grin grin she needs to gve buyers gomboro then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by prestigious12: 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
I want to start this poultry dear, am a stay at home mother,i will appreciate if you pull me through,i want to engage in something so as to regain my respect.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Ikenna240(m): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2018
JoGray:
Thank you. I still used the papers because of the store I kept them. It has only one window so it's usually very warm
using woodshavings will stain the floor.
They're already in their new cage though. And I'm using that now. Sorry for the late reply.

Cage?
Them be dog?
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by clems88(m): 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2018
1nigeriamyfoot:
grin grin grin she needs to gve buyers gomboro then

5 Likes

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by nwakibie3(m): 10:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
OP u forgot to tell us how many of them that died grin

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by ifex370(m): 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
prestigious12:
I want to start this poultry dear, am a stay at home mother,i will appreciate if you pull me through,i want to engage in something so as to regain my respect.

The only thing you have to do.. Is simply START...

Even 5 Chicks is enough

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by oluwakayode25(m): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
12345baba:
what's wrong with saw dust?

Saw Dust is that fine particle that is scrapped of wood in the saw mill..Fine particles like powder...Smooth and must not be used in Poultry production as the bird's are most likely to inhale this dust and develop Chronic Respiratory disease aka CRD..That's why people are advised to use wood shaving which this heavier and larger scrapes made in the saw mill...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by oluwakayode25(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
Odingo1:
Mix the food with palm kernel and maize, you used alot of bags which make the cost of your production high.

Oga no be cockerel she dey brood o..Na broiler and its Gabbage in gabbage out...Why waste unnecessary time stifling their growths ..she sold here birds for 3500 -4k which is good imo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by wizzprince(m): 11:12pm On Jan 29, 2018
JoGray:
My crate of day old broilers arrived last week Wednesday, on the 18th. They were already sprayed their first vaccine. I bought also Amoxy col WSP, neobro and sanctity energizer glucose as prescribed by the vet. They all looked healthy, except one who died later that day. Leaving me with 51 chicks.

These are the pics I took on Wednesday.

please i will to know the medication you use for them and how
e.g 1st day glucose ,3-6 day multivitamins etc
and what did you use as source of heat for them

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by ibro360(m): 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
JoGray:
#3500-4000
Which part of the country do you reside
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by mayorkyzo: 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2018
Omololu2121:
you go dey see profit of about 40-50k o wink
dey dere dey calculate person profit grin

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Omololu2121: 11:41pm On Jan 29, 2018
mayorkyzo:
dey dere dey calculate person profit grin
grin
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Kizyte(m): 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
JoGray:
They were two months yesterday. Their growth really surprised me. apart from the one that died in the beginning, no other one died. As a result of the bone meal they started taking early, their legs aren't bent. We noticed they're feaces were mixed with blood last week, the vet prescribed some antibiotics. They're okay now though. Sales already started grin

Thankyou all who followed this thread. I'm sorry for not updating frequently. By God's grace I expect their cage to be empty before the first week of January as I'll be ordering another crate for easter.

Keep it up dear! I love your hustle and God will continue to bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by klarke(m): 11:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
JoGray:
#3500-4000
Thanks for sharing. How much is a crate of day old, pls?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:
My crate of day old broilers arrived last week Wednesday, on the 18th. They were already sprayed their first vaccine. I bought also Amoxy col WSP, neobro and sanctity energizer glucose as prescribed by the vet. They all looked healthy, except one who died later that day. Leaving me with 51 chicks.

blah blah blah blah
who gves a foooq grin grin
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 30, 2018
lonelyisland:
Just like the guy above me stated, by nw the birds hv started differentiating between the feed and wood shavings or rice dust (which ever one u can get in ur area). So you are now free to pour any of the above on the floor.
When are u to administer Gumboro?

What's Gumboro please?

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by TechGod(m): 2:43am On Jan 30, 2018
Wow thanks alot for this, I just got inspired. I'm starting this business right away... God bless you dear ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Ndipe(m): 4:47am On Jan 30, 2018
How's poultry biz in Nigeria?
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Jamorezzi: 5:01am On Jan 30, 2018
Job well done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Samyj247: 5:18am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:

pls what's d cost of a 'rate of 52 broilers

1 Like

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 30, 2018
battousai36:

blah blah blah blah
who gves a foooq grin grin
what sort of insensitive comment is this. Do you have to comment at all. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Johnboom: 6:13am On Jan 30, 2018
pls i will like to get in touch with you. I practice poultry as well. my mail is genetic634@gmail.com. Thanks dear.
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by hola106(m): 6:22am On Jan 30, 2018
watch out for our group project about to start soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by tombeh(m): 6:29am On Jan 30, 2018
that's lovel.....waoooo
Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by emperormossad(m): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2018
Poultry farming is a hustle I must get involved with this year. God help me achieve something tangible please.
Nothing like hardwork and passion to become better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by onatisi(m): 6:53am On Jan 30, 2018
JoGray:
More
you have fresh beautiful hands. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh Start As My Day Old Chicks Arrive by Yoshy: 7:03am On Jan 30, 2018
If ever do this, I might get so attached to them and won't be happy selling them for food, then it will be fruitless Business wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo State Taskforce Destroys A Poultry Farmer's Day-Old Chicks (Photos) / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) / Eggs Crate/carton Are Available In Large Quantities At Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.