Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (84588 Views)

I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / I Beat My Husband Because He Orders Me Around, Woman Tells Court / "I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Daboomb: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
godofuck231:

No need to run, he should be the dormant not the alfa, he should talk less, let her do the talking, don't go to her complaining, don't don't raise your voice on her especially when fuming, treat her with love,correcr her with love turn her into a new born baby, melt her with love, take her to the gym more often to work out her stress and frustrations, helps her loose the adrenaline buildup, e also has to be her minder,

After anger management she will be better, it makes her understand her self better and knows how to avoid meltdowns,

If she slips into a blood rage, find freezing water and pour on her head, pour lots of it,

Living is a cold region like Canada controls her blood rage, heat and discomfort is a no go for MAOA-A2, tell tale signs are sudden flash of red ring in the eyes, lol, that's why sango is said to have blood in his eyes " I see blood"

You are funny-die! grin grin
Can you imagine all those advice about MAO2 and MAO1, just so you can tame a crased woman? shocked shocked
When would the guy have time to do his daily job and earn a living, if he suddenly becomes a minder to a grown-up psychopath that is supposed to be his helper?

Some people think thi sis a video game where you can control all the actors, as you wish.

BTW: the real femminazzi nutheads are out in droves since morning. grin
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by elvision1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
anishoff:
Do not beat her. Two wrongs don't make a right. Sit her down and talk to her about the issue intensively and also go for series of counselling and finally pray about d issue fervently and i can assure u the problem will stop because there is nothing God cannot do.
I pray for God to give u the grace to hold and control urself completely.
It is well

Did David wait to be killed by a demon possessed Saul eventhough he was playing an angelic tune at that moment?
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by osuofia2(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
Bursted
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by MARKETfund: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
selflessmaya:

when ppl say never hit your wife, they mean never become the aggressor. what is happening to to you is domestic violence and your wife is abusing you emotionally and physically. you need to leave that woman fast. she's poison! don't try to change her, don't blame yourself for anything, just, cut her loose!

EDIT: so I just read the old article you included in the link, i change my mind. with more insight to this:
OP, I dont mean this in an insensitive way, your wife has some deep issues and must have suffered some intense psychological trauma to cause her to feel a lot of bitterness and act out in sadism when angry, the knife, the fork, hitting you with a shoe on your head and not stopping when you didnt even react!! this last one is a huge red light, something is really wrong with your wife, she loves to inflict pain and if her personality is as contrast as u say, that everyone thinks she's this sweet girl, then whatever is wrong with her runs really deep, it's not normal at all to keep hitting a person with a shoe on the head when they're not fighting back, she wants to hurt you, she wants u to feel pain.

I'm honestly convinced your wife has suffered sexual assault at an early age that led to a break in psyche, she's mastered suppressing her feelings, her nice girl act is not an 'act', she's actually that nice. but when she's angry, all the bitterness buried beneath the surface emerges and she finally deals with all the buried emotion in its magnitude, it overwhelms her and she wants to act out to hit something or punch a wall etc. when she's alone and unhappy, even when she lived with her parents, u really dont want to see/imagine what your wife does to and says to herself, this anger she shows you, she's lived with it for a long time, she's been her own victim till now when she made u her victim. there is nothing she has done to you that she hasn't done to herself times hundred.

if you choose to for better for worse it, find a psychiatrist or psychologist and go with your wife for counselling, your wife, with or without you will never change till she finally begins to work on whatever buried bitterness she's had to live with for years. try to get help together as a family or get a divorce if u would rather not go through it. it's really that simple, your wife will live with whatever has happened for the rest of her life but how she manages the accompanying emotions, her anger and abandonment issues can all be taken care of with a good psychologist and emotional support on your part. educate yourself on the topic of sexual assault and learn the necessary sensitivity training and triggers. counselling will teach you all this.

no, i'm not thinking too far, your wife ticks a lot of boxes:
-extra charming cos of distorted/low self image and need to be accepted
-her over-religiousness is for closure that she needs and like u said her prayers are always for her god to attack ppl for her. even her relationship with god isnt healthy, it's a coping mechanism. the idea of a protector that will attack on her behalf.
-she talks from 12am to 4am alone when you're asleep, OP, your wife is full of a lot of buried emotion, she really wants to talk to someone about something.
-despite being a nice girl, before you married her, she had no friends
-she's very quiet, hardly finishes her words (withdrawn personality, mastered suppresion)

you should never have raised your hands to hit this woman, when she froze for 5 minutes, it's not that she was thinking she overstepped her boundaries, she was actually coming back to her senses, when your wife gets angry, she loses her mind and forgets who she's dealing with. even worse when the person who angered her is male, she reacts with more venom cos subconsciously he represents her aggressor and she wants to hurt him to make him feel pain. she probably has conversations with herself and imagines herself confronting her abuser and being able to hurt him back and make him regret his actions and cries alone cos it's only in her imagination that she can deal with him. when a man makes her defensive in her personal space, she attacks. till u actually hit her, u just represented something that she has bad blood with and now you've added yourself to the list of men that have ruined her.
she has stopped hitting u cos she has buried the incident of the slaps too but OP, the same place it's buried is the same place her demons she's battling are buried, she wont touch you but when her bitterness surfaces when she's alone, this time you're one of her enemies. the resentment is growing and when she sees u, she's filled with such bitterness she shoves u. if u do not intend to fix this marriage OP, walk away NOW. a lot of bitterness is brewing in this woman and if you add yourself to the list, we will read about u in the news the day this woman snaps. the same way u never saw her eyes so red the day she yelled, u will never believe she has it in her to go the extent she'll go, your wife will surprise you.

nigeria does not have a good support system for ppl who have had to deal with the trauma of sexual assault, society takes it lightly too but this is 2017, ppl should educate themselves on this, when we read here everyday '6 yr old girl raped in lagos by 43 yr old man', that girl is someone's future wife and she will NOT just be like everybody else, the scars of her trauma will show one way or another and she'll need extra sensitivity cos she's a "special" case. your wife is not a naturally aggressive person, that i can tell u and it's sad that another human being created this monster in her. OP, this is really not your battle, it's not you she wants to fight, you did not give her all the bitterness she's carrying, so let the slaps u gave her be the last, you wife is a very very bitter scorned woman whose hurt has taken years and years to germinate, the person who hurt her isnt dealing with it, u are. if u add to her bitterness and it gets too much, the person who created 99% of this mess will not be the scapegoat, again it will be u. i haven't dealt with sexual assault personally or with a family member but i have met closely with some of the victims and the effects of sexual assault are too underestimated. ppl should be killed for damaging another human like that.

if u do choose to save your marriage:
apologize profusely for hitting her and become super sweet, if u choose to undo this mess, u have to be ready, sensitive, patient, very educated about this issue and strong for the both of u. if u choose to walk this path, u will watch her fall apart and u have to be ready to help her reassemble.
don't let her hit you, hold her hands and keep holding it and talking to her till she calms down. your wife is actually a very sweet person, the person you knew her to be when u married her exists, just buried under layers of bitterness. i dont blame u at all for hitting her, there's nothing illogical in hitting someone who came at u with a knife, i can understand why u snapped but let it be the last time. your wife wants to talk to you, listen to her, she talks when you sleep, when you leave she follows you, it's annoying but it's her subconscious, she really wants to reach out. listen to your wife! make out time and let her rant, she will talk about so many things, no matter how messed up it sounds, keep listening. then talk back about whatever and if she interrupts and tries to talk, let her talk, just listen. u can stop the midnight talks by changing it to day time. stop sleeping in your sitting room, move back to your bed.

when you're ready to make the move, try pulling it out of her, on top of your new sweetness, be extra extra sweet to her for the whole week like her sh!t dont stink, on a friday(so if she spills, you'll both have the weekend to grieve), make sure she's in a nice awww darling mood and when you're holding her, just brush by a conversation u heard at the office that made u really sick "about a dude that assaulted some teenage girl and how mad it makes you that men like that are still walking around breathing and if they ever dared it with someone u care about, u'll deal with them and how no matter what she was wearing or where she was, no one has the right on another person's body without consent and the worst part is there are girls out there who have experienced this and told no one and the animal didnt get caught"
stay on the topic of sexual assault and follow body language, dont change the topic, be gentle, when she cracks, try to get her to talk, say what u have to "she can tell u anything, u wont judge, u love her from here to japan, if it affects her it affects you, u are both one and she can confide in u etc" when she talks, encourage her to keep talking, show that you're listening, console her all you can, cry with her even if u have to force the tears though i doubt you'll have to force them, make her see that whatever sunken place she's in, you've somehow gotten there too but dont cry more than her haba. tell her that both of u will go for counselling together, find a good therapist and go with her till she makes progress to go alone. make sure u find a therapist before u try to get her to talk about this and once she talks, the upcoming monday, begin therapy. and dont expect to work this out in 2 days, give yourself time like 4-6wks to build the emotional environment of trust and zero judgement to be able to access her when the time comes. note: she has to open up to you before you can go for therapy.

-u can expect her to go into depression for a while, she might need anti-depressants, sleeping pills too, she will be dealing with a lot of emotion once she finally lets someone in.
-NEVER EVER make a joke about her incident or say something mean to her about it... NEVER EVER!!! NEVER EVER!!! I MEAN IT OP.
-if u want to divorce her and not work through this, which is honestly the easy way out for you, then pls dont bring up anything i just told u here, dont taunt her over this, dont ask her about abuse or anything, just let the marriage end and pretend u didnt even read this. she will still live with herself so she has it heavy already.

i really do sympathize with you, u have found yourself in a very unfortunate position and no decision u make will be easy. sadly enough, i feel sorry for your wife too, she's really lived her hell and she's putting you through it. both of u dont deserve this. i also applaud you for all the grace you've shown, it's very hard to break the cycle of abuse, abused ppl mostly pass it on to others, maybe not in the form they received it but they leave their mark, so i can imagine how strong a person u were to endure all the emotional & physical abuse. and no, slapping her back was not abuse, u defended yourself full stop! dont feel sorry for yourself, just do what u have to do: stay & do the work to mend this if u can or leave if u cant.
u have to accept that your wife has issues that cause aggression when it flares. in time, u will also notice she's protective of children or animals or things she pictures as defenseless, it'll show in her mothering, not wanting your kid to go out, being too clingy to the child, convinced the big bad world is out to get her child, all that u will both work through in due time. once you can get your wife to show you the dark place she's in, it'll not be her safe place anymore, she can't hide there anymore, whatever comes to surface will be dealt with by both of you and u will finally live with the smiling smiling girl u married. good luck OP

Had to quote this for future reference..!
I doff my hat

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Belafonte(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
Daboomb:

Very True!
Behaviour is not something that one can change or swithc-off and On like Electricity, especially in marriage.

If you can cope with a person's behaviour during courtship, you wont be able to cope in marriage....and that is when it gets really worse.

I guess you meant to say "if you can't cope", in your last paragraph.And that's too true.

There's a reason marriage used to last longer in the old days. In its current format, divorce is inevitable. It's only a matter of time before men get with the times and start opting out of the charade that is the modern marriage.

Different cultures have theories about the female human kind being beyond comprehension as much post of their actions seem to be illogical. Cultures dealt with this unreliability through their seeming high-handedness, but that's not what it was, it was just stringent actions designed to deal with the uncertainty a woman with too much power can wreak on a relatively well-oiled society.

I strongly believe those measures will make a comeback as men husbands become a scarce commodity; and you know how much women need husbands and marriage.
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by osuofia2(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
Myde4naija:
I am even in worst senario, the difference is you follow all the oyinbo rules, 6years of friendship, 2years of courtship, 6month between engagement and marriage. If truely all the oyinbo rules they work for marriage you shouldn't have any problem at all.

I engage mine 6month after we met, yet...............
I hope your story is not mine
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by osuofia2(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Myde4naija:
I am even in worst senario, the difference is you follow all the oyinbo rules, 6years of friendship, 2years of courtship, 6month between engagement and marriage. If truely all the oyinbo rules they work for marriage you shouldn't have any problem at all.

I engage mine 6month after we met, yet...............
I hope your story is not like mine
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by tobaseye: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
wrongchoice:
COURTSHIP DAYS AND MY HATRED FOR WOMEN BEATERS
During our courtship days I have always reiterated my stand on men that do beat their wife. I was of the opinion that they are not lesser than a beast.
She is very quiet, she hardly finishes her words, and she was full of smile that my grandma named her “smiling smiling girl”. My family members were thanking God for me because of her gentle nature. She doesn’t have friends, she goes to church regularly. I went for her because I have seen a lot of unhappy homes and by all means I wanted to avoid such situation. Before her, I had seen many girls that I love and they equally love me too. I leave them immediately I see a sign of anger in them. So, I told her that all I wanted in my life was happiness and I will make sure I keep the home together and going smoothly in as much that happens.
She has her trust issues which I thought they were necessary and not out of control (that was my greatest mistake), but aggressiveness and hatred ,I never had that thought a bit. She didn’t even look it.

MY FIRST SHOCKER
After the introduction, she was eager for the wedding despite the fact that I hardly got employed in a small firm barely a year. We fixed the date and arrangements were going.
3 days before the wedding , I told my wife to-be that one of my friends promised to bring event ;ushers for our wedding just to add glamour to the day, she didn’t allow me to finish when she started shouting on top of her voice and with this kind of never seen before aggressiveness. I never saw such red eyes before in 2 years of our courtship and over 6 years as friends. She said my friends and I were bringing oloshos to sleep with for bash eve which I never even plan to have. Her argument wasn’t a concern but I never see her reacted that way. I cried and I knew I was in for a big trouble.

THE REAL SHOW

Fast forward to after wedding. To my surprise, before any argument she would hit me, sometimes slap just less than 2 months in the marriage. I discovered she has the strength of 3 men. We are talking about a lady that never misses any church program as a youth and when we moved to our new area , she became more popular than myself in the church. This went on for a while coupled with terrible issues that I would be taken one after the other.

THE DAY OF LESSON
There was this afternoon that an argument ensue base on (what I will share latter) , she took out knife, I collected it from her, she brought out fork I collected it from her, she resulted to my belt and she started beating me with it ,I didn’t even struggle with her just like before. She took her shoe hitting it on my head ,I didn’t even move, I wasn’t even angry self. She bite me on my shoulder and thumb which nearly had that finger off if not for quick medical attention. At this point a question flashed through my mind, “would this be how my live would be going?”. This woman may even ask me to lay flat to receive some lashes if I didn’t make attempt to stop her. I concluded that I have to do something. Then without any iota of anger in me. I raised my hand up and gave her 2 thunderous slaps across her face. She opened her mouth for complete 5 minutes she couldn’t close it. I knew she would be thinking she has over stepped her boundary. She started shouting that I have killed her and all sorts. People that never had me speak in that street for good one year I stayed their plus close to a year she has spent with me were aghast. Since that day many things changed for the worse. Though she stopped hitting me after that, except sometimes when she would push me against the wall and i get some bruises.
I later travelled home and my siblings were asking me if my hands were tied to my back while a woman was inflicting all these injuries on my body. They saw both the fresh ones and the old bruises. It was a very big issue that families, church members had to intervene. I can tell you since that day things had never remain the same again. It was the beginning of trouble and unhappy home.

My question is this? If you were in my position what would you have done differently?

you can check the previous post here
https://www.nairaland.com/4126638/how-wife-been-terrorizing-me

Well, i'm short of words.... I have always known that being a churchgoer cannot change whom you are it might tame you from doing some immoral stuff but your Adamic nature remains with you and it takes grace and personal commitment to getting rid of it. I know of many cases of good Christian marriages that most of the men regretted their choice of life partners though it happens both ways but mostly common to women as they believe the man won't beat them and no room for no divorce they tend to misbehave.

I want to believe that good marriage is luck and also maturity of both partners. Why I said it's luck is because even if you like date some people for 100yrs they will still hide their true self from you until you bring them in.

My advice to you is to find a way to help her. I think she has got a problem and she needs to see a psychologist. Also, Try to sit her down and have a good discussion with her about the series of events. She might be a product of a broken home where dad molests mum physically or morally and had planned to deal seriously with any man that tried that with her.

That is who she is....(your cross) though something might have triggered series of her reaction, you might as well need to check yourself and see where you have gone wrong. And next time don't sit and watch someone with such anger holding a weapon in defense if you love your life. You should run away from the scene next time to save yourself from being battered.

May God help you.

2 Likes

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by DonBobes(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
Rozaytee:
@ op please and please divorce dat winch u call a wife before she kills u one day... no wonder a lot of people in Nigeria stay in abusive relationships and marriages cuz dey are afraid of divorce.... while u are busy trying to change her she may even kill u in d process.... marriage is to be enjoyed and not a war zone....

Divorce is not biblical i still reiterate.
Before marriage I thought divorce is a normal thing. But after seeing d consequences behind it, I eschewed it India mike mike
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by DonBobes(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
peterphd:

Officer, I was thinking you'd be more ruthless. The woman has to go if I'm to judge by all he wrote.
Don't bring war to ur home. It will destroy all.
Everything about my job i drop at d door before i enta my house

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Belafonte(m): 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
chyseth:
funny enough what the OP is going through is exactly what am going through also... i have decided to go for a divorce... i need to be alive to take care of the only daughter we have in the marriage... for the first time in my life, i was afraid for my life... its that bad...

everytime i watch that show on CDS Reality - WIVES WITH KNIVES.... my spirit keeps telling me this woman will kill you one day if you continue in this marriage... she gets angry and starts breaking stuff in the house... like she looses her control once she is angry... to think i once ran for my life and she was pursuing me on the street with stone to hit me...

i have seen it all... i read the advise by #Selflessmaya. well written, the problem is, you might die trying to help such people... the best option i have taken is to walk away... its difficult because i have a baby with her but i will try to take care of my daughter...its her fault that we brought her into this world

From someone who has been in your own shoes, I wish you would go ahead with the divorce. Do not let your daughter needing a family dissuade you from leaving the union.

As to your comment about selflessmaya's post, I salute you. Those are just theoretical opinions. By the way one this person heals, if they ever become sane, what will be the cost to you? Broken self esteem? Depression? High blood pressure? Death? Degenerative death or a violent death?

No time abeg.

I'm more inclined to the MOAO-2 theory than that pseudo-scienxe selflessmaya spouted.

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Belafonte(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
godofuck231:

No need to run, he should be the dormant not the alfa, he should talk less, let her do the talking, don't go to her complaining, don't don't raise your voice on her especially when fuming, treat her with love,correcr her with love turn her into a new born baby, melt her with love, take her to the gym more often to work out her stress and frustrations, helps her loose the adrenaline buildup, e also has to be her minder,

After anger management she will be better, it makes her understand her self better and knows how to avoid meltdowns,

If she slips into a blood rage, find freezing water and pour on her head, pour lots of it,

Living is a cold region like Canada controls her blood rage, heat and discomfort is a no go for MAOA-A2, tell tale signs are sudden flash of red ring in the eyes, lol, that's why sango is said to have blood in his eyes " I see blood"

All these ones na theory. The man should be dormant, as in, he should let his wife dominate him and walk around on eggshells. Because? Because he wants to cure her crase. You make me laugh.

Women despise wussy husbands. It is innate. A woman craves a man who would dominate her and is repulsed by husbands who defer to them. She will chew him and spit him out like dry, tasteless sugarcane. Women like these cannot be reasoned with and they have a severe problem with self awareness.

The man will be enslaved to her ideology and whims. He cannot correct her when she is obviously wrong as she will double down on her rhetoric and treat him as an enemy because he corrected her. Baba, abeg no let me talk.

3 Likes

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Investnow2017: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Daboomb:

You are funny-die! grin grin
Can you imagine all those advice about MAO2 and MAO1, just so you can tame a crased woman? shocked shocked
When would the guy have time to do his daily job and earn a living, if he suddenly becomes a minder to a grown-up psychopath that is supposed to be his helper?

Some people think thi sis a video game where you can control all the actors, as you wish.

BTW: the real femminazzi nutheads are out in droves since morning. grin

At this stage, no matter the choice he makes, there are costs to it. Divorce is not as simple as it is being suggested here. Those who say they must retaliate by beating her up will only end up becoming what they never intended for themselves - wife beater or a murderer. Some boast 'I will send her packing', what if she refuses to leave? Remember, there is nothing the police can do - its a family matter. And only 2 out of 100 will believe your story that she is the aggressor. Everyone would assume you want to dump her for another woman. The point I am making is that each choice will require enormous sacrifice. So why not try the POWER of LOVE, not the type you may have on your mind. Read @selflessmaya. Sounds stupid, it might well be the solution!
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by apharm(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
selflessmaya:

when ppl say never hit your wife, they mean never become the aggressor. what is happening to to you is domestic violence and your wife is abusing you emotionally and physically. you need to leave that woman fast. she's poison! don't try to change her, don't blame yourself for anything, just, cut her loose!

EDIT: so I just read the old article you included in the link, i change my mind. with more insight to this:
OP, I dont mean this in an insensitive way, your wife has some deep issues and must have suffered some intense psychological trauma to cause her to feel a lot of bitterness and act out in sadism when angry, the knife, the fork, hitting you with a shoe on your head and not stopping when you didnt even react!! this last one is a huge red light, something is really wrong with your wife, she loves to inflict pain and if her personality is as contrast as u say, that everyone thinks she's this sweet girl, then whatever is wrong with her runs really deep, it's not normal at all to keep hitting a person with a shoe on the head when they're not fighting back, she wants to hurt you, she wants u to feel pain.

I'm honestly convinced your wife has suffered sexual assault at an early age that led to a break in psyche, she's mastered suppressing her feelings, her nice girl act is not an 'act', she's actually that nice. but when she's angry, all the bitterness buried beneath the surface emerges and she finally deals with all the buried emotion in its magnitude, it overwhelms her and she wants to act out to hit something or punch a wall etc. when she's alone and unhappy, even when she lived with her parents, u really dont want to see/imagine what your wife does to and says to herself, this anger she shows you, she's lived with it for a long time, she's been her own victim till now when she made u her victim. there is nothing she has done to you that she hasn't done to herself times hundred.

if you choose to for better for worse it, find a psychiatrist or psychologist and go with your wife for counselling, your wife, with or without you will never change till she finally begins to work on whatever buried bitterness she's had to live with for years. try to get help together as a family or get a divorce if u would rather not go through it. it's really that simple, your wife will live with whatever has happened for the rest of her life but how she manages the accompanying emotions, her anger and abandonment issues can all be taken care of with a good psychologist and emotional support on your part. educate yourself on the topic of sexual assault and learn the necessary sensitivity training and triggers. counselling will teach you all this.

-her over-religiousness is for closure that she needs and like u said her prayers are always for her god to attack ppl for her. even her relationship with god isnt healthy, it's a coping mechanism. the idea of a protector that will attack on her behalf.
-she talks from 12am to 4am alone when you're asleep, OP, your wife is full of a lot of buried emotion, she really wants to talk to someone about something.
-she's very quiet, hardly finishes her words (withdrawn personality, mastered suppresion)

you should never have raised your hands to hit this woman, when she froze for 5 minutes, it's not that she was thinking she overstepped her boundaries, she was actually coming back to her senses, when your wife gets angry, she loses her mind and forgets who she's dealing with. even worse when the person who angered her is male, she reacts with more venom cos subconsciously he represents her aggressor and she wants to hurt him to make him feel pain. she probably has conversations with herself and imagines herself confronting her abuser and being able to hurt him back and make him regret his actions and cries alone cos it's only in her imagination that she can deal with him. when a man makes her defensive in her personal space, she attacks. till u actually hit her, u just represented something that she has bad blood with and now you've added yourself to the list of men that have ruined her.
she has stopped hitting u cos she has buried the incident of the slaps too but OP, the same place it's buried is the same place her demons she's battling are buried, she wont touch you but when her bitterness surfaces when she's alone, this time you're one of her enemies. the resentment is growing and when she sees u, she's filled with such bitterness she shoves u. if u do not intend to fix this marriage OP, walk away NOW. a lot of bitterness is brewing in this woman and if you add yourself to the list, we will read about u in the news the day this woman snaps. the same way u never saw her eyes so red the day she yelled, u will never believe she has it in her to go the extent she'll go, your wife will surprise you.

nigeria does not have a good support system for ppl who have had to deal with the trauma of sexual assault, society takes it lightly too but this is 2017, ppl should educate themselves on this, when we read here everyday '6 yr old girl raped in lagos by 43 yr old man', that girl is someone's future wife and she will NOT just be like everybody else, the scars of her trauma will show one way or another and she'll need extra sensitivity cos she's a "special" case. your wife is not a naturally aggressive person, that i can tell u and it's sad that another human being created this monster in her. OP, this is really not your battle, it's not you she wants to fight, you did not give her all the bitterness she's carrying, so let the slaps u gave her be the last, you wife is a very very bitter scorned woman whose hurt has taken years and years to germinate, the person who hurt her isnt dealing with it, u are. if u add to her bitterness and it gets too much, the person who created 99% of this mess will not be the scapegoat, again it will be u. i haven't dealt with sexual assault personally or with a family member but i have met closely with some of the victims and the effects of sexual assault are too underestimated. ppl should be killed for damaging another human like that.

apologize profusely for hitting her and become super sweet, if u choose to undo this mess, u have to be ready, sensitive, patient, very educated about this issue and strong for the both of u. if u choose to walk this path, u will watch her fall apart and u have to be ready to help her reassemble.
don't let her hit you, hold her hands and keep holding it and talking to her till she calms down. your wife is actually a very sweet person, the person you knew her to be when u married her exists, just buried under layers of bitterness. i dont blame u at all for hitting her, there's nothing illogical in hitting someone who came at u with a knife, i can understand why u snapped but let it be the last time. your wife wants to talk to you, listen to her, she talks when you sleep, when you leave she follows you, it's annoying but it's her subconscious, she really wants to reach out. listen to your wife! make out time and let her rant, she will talk about so many things, no matter how messed up it sounds, keep listening. then talk back about whatever and if she interrupts and tries to talk, let her talk, just listen. u can stop the midnight talks by changing it to day time. stop sleeping in your sitting room, move back to your bed.

when you're ready to make the move, try pulling it out of her, on top of your new sweetness, be extra extra sweet to her for the whole week like her sh!t dont stink, on a friday(so if she spills, you'll both have the weekend to grieve), make sure she's in a nice awww darling mood and when you're holding her, just brush by a conversation u heard at the office that made u really sick "about a dude that assaulted some teenage girl and how mad it makes you that men like that are still walking around breathing and if they ever dared it with someone u care about, u'll deal with them and how no matter what she was wearing or where she was, no one has the right on another person's body without consent and the worst part is there are girls out there who have experienced this and told no one and the animal didnt get caught"
stay on the topic of sexual assault and follow body language, dont change the topic, be gentle, when she cracks, try to get her to talk, say what u have to "she can tell u anything, u wont judge, u love her from here to japan, if it affects her it affects you, u are both one and she can confide in u etc" when she talks, encourage her to keep talking, show that you're listening, console her all you can, cry with her even if u have to force the tears though i doubt you'll have to force them, make her see that whatever sunken place she's in, you've somehow gotten there too but dont cry more than her haba. tell her that both of u will go for counselling together, find a good therapist and go with her till she makes progress to go alone. make sure u find a therapist before u try to get her to talk about this and once she talks, the upcoming monday, begin therapy. and dont expect to work this out in 2 days, give yourself time like 4-6wks to build the emotional environment of trust and zero judgement to be able to access her when the time comes. note: she has to open up to you before you can go for therapy.

-u can expect her to go into depression for a while, she might need anti-depressants, sleeping pills too, she will be dealing with a lot of emotion once she finally lets someone in.
-NEVER EVER make a joke about her incident or say something mean to her about it... NEVER EVER!!! NEVER EVER!!! I MEAN IT OP.
-if u want to divorce her and not work through this, which is honestly the easy way out for you, then pls dont bring up anything i just told u here, dont taunt her over this, dont ask her about abuse or anything, just let the marriage end and pretend u didnt even read this. she will still live with herself so she has it heavy already.

i really do sympathize with you, u have found yourself in a very unfortunate position and no decision u make will be easy. sadly enough, i feel sorry for your wife too, she's really lived her hell and she's putting you through it. both of u dont deserve this. i also applaud you for all the grace you've shown, it's very hard to break the cycle of abuse, abused ppl mostly pass it on to others, maybe not in the form they received it but they leave their mark, so i can imagine how strong a person u were to endure all the emotional & physical abuse. and no, slapping her back was not abuse, u defended yourself full stop! dont feel sorry for yourself, just do what u have to do: stay & do the work to mend this if u can or leave if u cant.
u have to accept that your wife has issues that cause aggression when it flares. in time, u will also notice she's protective of children or animals or things she pictures as defenseless, it'll show in her mothering, not wanting your kid to go out, being too clingy to the child, convinced the big bad world is out to get her child, all that u will both work through in due time. once you can get your wife to show you the dark place she's in, it'll not be her safe place anymore, she can't hide there anymore, whatever comes to surface will be dealt with by both of you and u will finally live with the smiling smiling girl u married. good luck OP
You are very intelligent person.

2 Likes

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Belafonte(m): 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
Rozaytee:
@ op please and please divorce dat winch u call a wife before she kills u one day... no wonder a lot of people in Nigeria stay in abusive relationships and marriages cuz dey are afraid of divorce.... while u are busy trying to change her she may even kill u in d process.... marriage is to be enjoyed and not a war zone....

You deserve chocolate cake for this comment. kiss
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Curvinus(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Maybe family and friends considered op lucky to have been blessed with such a woman because they felt the girl was too good for him or he didn't have what it takes to keep such a lady grounded and humble, which could be why the op lets her get away with murder as compensation. Op even admits this by saying the wife is more popular in the church in the new area they just moved into, meaning OP is invisible as a result of being overshadowed by his wife's charms, charisma and possibly beauty.

To describe your wife as having the strength of three men and come on here to complain about how she mistreats you suggests that you are the sissy and crybaby in this relationship. Your wife is actually the one who wears the pants and she is doing all she can to fill the leadership void you have left in your home. But we know women make poor leaders and that's why God in his infinite wisdom ordained you as the head of the home.

But you say you've not been into your bedroom for more than five minutes in the last 6 months; meaning you have been walking on egg shells in your own home and you expect your wife to still desire, respect, submit and yearn for you. Where is the manliness in your actions that should attract any strong willed woman to you?

Your wife yearns for a strong masculine figure to look up to and make her happy and you must let her ago if you cannot inspire the fear and love of you in her.

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by doncharleyosumo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
This is one of the few comments on nairaland to surpass 700 likes within 2hrs. Good work selflessmaya...
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Godwin616: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
eyinjuege:
Move out of the house, and let her and your landlord know you're not renewing the rent.
Spend time alone to decide on your next step. If you see you have your peace as a separated man, please get a divorce as soon as is practicable.
Your new place shouldn't be known to others, except maybe a few family members who you trust not to inform others. Change your church, avoid hanging out where you normally do. If you can even change your job or even state of residence, do so.
When it's time for you to find love again, you will know
Well said. OP please take note of this advise. Its very valuable. Something similar happens to one of my guys as Well and he stayed away completetly. after a completetly of weeks she is the one pleading and eager to see her husband back.
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by gabe: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
Patriarchy is killing us. Your wife is molesting you, but you feel like as the man, it's your job to keep her under control and so you are ready to endure all suffering while you figure out how to control her. Yes, women can domestically abuse men the way men do. Shame is not allowing many speak up and they have been suffering in silence. I'm trying to imagine the strength it took you to write this. My friend, step one, talk to your wife. If no positive results, report to her parents or pastor. If no change, please don't listen to any bear your cross crap. Separate from her. Unless you want to wait until she stabs you at night while you are asleep.

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by luminouz(m): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
dingbang:
I just tire for that girl matter...
She like u bro tongue
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
selflessmaya:

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Rakash(f): 8:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
wrongchoice:

are u saying that one should by force marry his or her first girlfriend just to avoid this kind woman?
Iam simply saying most times we guys tend to make mistakes while choosing women to spend the rest of our lives with, we always want to settle down wit the girl who has no fault, but we shud also know that something that seems too good isnt true. You said it urself that u had other people u loved but u chose her because she seemed better. Now u got more than u bargained for

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
cococandy:
Most nairalanders are dummies. All you need to do is sound half smart and they start eating out of your fingers

I truly, simply cant deal
Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by maestro2000(m): 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
This is the best comment and advice ever on nairaland.

selflessmaya:

4 Likes

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Mhizrohzz(f): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2017
Newboss:
This is my biggest problem with religion! It turns men to robots and dummies without balls.

Keep praying o. Just be praying for that angel to appear and tell her "Woman, seest thou not that thou hurteth Mr. Jombosco? I pray thee to refrain to avoid going to hell" grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha grin grin grin grin
grin
Newboss:
This is my biggest problem with religion! It turns men to robots and dummies without balls.

Keep praying o. Just be praying for that angel to appear and tell her "Woman, seest thou not that thou hurteth Mr. Jombosco? I pray thee to refrain to avoid going to hell" grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 25, 2017
luminouz:

I look fresh?
Oya dash me a like.....

....stress n a lotta things make u get pimples...not only groundnuts!!

Cc dingbang......ur needed here bro

Araba lumi grin
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by luminouz(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2017
selvad:

Araba lumi grin
Selvadia!!!!! wink
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by adontcare(f): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
selflessmaya:

shocked are a a psychologist?
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by godman01(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2017
selflessmaya:

You are really selfless for taking out time write these just to help another person. God bless you real good!

1 Like

Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by chimatruth(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2017
Daeylar:

Why such advise? Did you not read about all the abuse he's enduring at the hands of the wife? This isn't one of the things they sit and talk about

The bolded is why atheists love insulting religion. It seems as though religion makes you lose your ability to think, Someone is damn crazy and instead of you to advise the op to run far away you say he should pray.
An atheist spotted. don't you believe in the power of prayers
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by emelda86(f): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

What if she says, she is going no where?

Unless the guy is a dunce
Re: I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? by vinchee: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
godofuck231:

Easier said than done. That's a full-time job on it's own.

Where will a man who is supposed to go out and conquer the world find the amount of time, energy and patience needed to manage a wife with such a condition.

So what if they happen to live in a hot and stressful country like Nigeria.
What if the man is an alpha, how is he meant to change his personality to become submissive.

Alas, anything is possible as far as the woman understands and admits thst she needs help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / My Dead Uncle's Wife Needs Children From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 313
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.