Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry (19900 Views)

Woman Sues Husband For Allegedly Failing To Take Her To Saudi Arabia / 'I Beg My Husband For Sex, Sometimes He Gives Me Half Chop' - Mother Of 5 / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Islie: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
A divorcee, Hajara Usman, on Monday sued her former husband before an Upper Area Court in Karu, Abuja for stopping her from re-marrying.

Usman, residing in Asokoro, Abuja told the court that she got married to one Adamu Abdullahi in 2011 but that they got divorced through Islamic way in 2016.

She said that while the marriage lasted, Abdullahi tortured her at the slightest provocation.

“My parents actually forced me to marry him. I never loved him and when I got into the marriage, I discovered that Abdullahi was ill-tempered.

“He usually beats me up whenever he is angry and his parents and mine warned him severally to stop it but he did not heed their advice.’’

Usman said that Abdullahi divorced her in November 2016, compelling her to leave his house immediately after pronouncing `divorce’ three times in line with Islamic injunction.

“I have long observed my compulsory Idah(waiting) period but my ex-husband has refused to allow me to marry other suitors coming for me.’’

She told the court that having finished observing the waiting period, two men had at different times indicated interest to marry her.

Usman said that the moment her former husband got wind of her wedding plans and the ceremony that followed, he came to the venue and disrupted the ceremony.

“ In April this year, the man who first indicated interest to marry me came to perform the wedding rites, my ex-husband sent a group of boys to disrupt the ceremony.

“ On another occasion, when he heard I was about to re-marry, he way-laid me and beat me up so much that I had to plead with him.

“On the day he beat me, he said he was beating me so that no man would desire me since I decided to move on and re-marry almost immediately.”

She pleaded with the court to compel her former husband to explain why he would not want her to re-marry because his actions had discouraged her suitors.

Usman also pleaded with the court to divorce her and Abdullahi formally and legally, saying that she no longer had interest in Abdullahi.

“ I want the court to issue us a divorce certificate and restrain him from coming close to me,’’ Usman pleaded.

Reacting to the statement of his former wife, Abdullahi, who also resides in Asokoro, said that it was true that they were no longer married.

He said that his grouse was that his former wife came to the court to tell lies against him.

“ Since I divorced her, according to the tenets of our religion, I had nothing to do with her.

“I have avoided her and her family because the marriage was arranged between our parents and we were never meant for each other,’’ he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the estranged couple has no child from the marriage.

The Judge, Mr Abdullahi Baba, adjourned the matter until Nov. 1 for the plaintiff to come to court with at least two persons, who witnessed the disruption of her marriage rites.

Baba said that a divorce certificate would be issued to the parties at the completion of the case since there was no more love between them and they had also been living apart.

He, however, urged the parties to maintain peace since they lived in the same neighbourhood.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/woman-sues-ex-husband-for-refusing-her-to-re-marry.html

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by biacan(f): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
is obvious the husband can't accept being a loser..... such men are usually dangerous..... I do tell my friends make sure you provoke your spouse in a hot roll just to know the level of his anger before getting married to him.......they should send him to jail already

31 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Gentlevin: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
I think the terrestrial forces are after this man.....u divorce woman and at d same time u no want make she marry another man..........problem of arranged marriage..........

11 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by kaama68: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
shocked shocked this 1 strong ooo
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by MrTymlez: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lobatan
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Some are like this. They won't allow you remarry in peace. Maybe it's the anger that some other man finds a fairly used attractive.

She should change base after the court settlement.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by aleeyus(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
leave her alone, please

3 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Boyooosa(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Wow
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by josielewa(m): 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
na by force...idiotic man...anyway pls help me give the man...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Realfitbody: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
According to the story it was an arranged marriage, so there might be more to this than meets the eye.
Although I wonder why they still arrange marriages in this age and time.
In Other News
You can check out my blog www.realfitbody.com for 1 In 9 Men Have This Cancer-Causing STD
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by ivolt: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Oppressive man.
Restraining order should be issued against him
and he should be locked up if he violates the order.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by KingBelieve: 3:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Bitter men can be dangerous oooo anyway u can still accept his proposal if he wants u back

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Kobicove(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
Some people find it difficult to just let go

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by icon8: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
"Usman said that Abdullahi divorced her in November 2016, compelling her to leave his house immediately after pronouncing `divorce’ three times in line with Islamic injunction."

Is that all?

To divorce is as easy as that? In this day and age?

Divorce! Divorce!! Divorce!!! grin cheesy shocked

Wonders shall never end!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by aminahbest(f): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Nakairogold(f): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Why adjourn the matter when it can be concluded immediately. Nigerian judges prolonging issues.

You want him to kill her before Nov 1? sad

7 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by morereb10: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
smh
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by Aydiamond6(m): 3:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
The man need to be taken to a psychaitric hospital. what rubbish, u beat ur wife and divorced her and u r preventing her frm marrying a man better Dan u are and u deny DEm her d right, U nid 2 be arrested sef and detained.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by ivolt: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
icon8:
"Usman said that Abdullahi divorced her in November 2016, compelling her to leave his house immediately after pronouncing `divorce’ three times in line with Islamic injunction."

Is that all?

Wonders shall never end!

That is what it takes for a man to divorce his wife in Islam,
unfortunately, the woman has no such right.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by 124mumsy: 3:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
Gentlevin:
I think the terrestrial forces are after this man.....u divorce woman and at d same time u no want make she marry another man..........problem of arranged marriage..........
he dey enjoy the Bleep but do not want to take responsibility useless man
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by icon8: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
ivolt:

That is what it takes for a man to divorce his wife in Islam,
unfortunately, the woman has no such right.

Aaaahhh!!! shocked shocked shocked

You mean the woman can't do same?

That's cheating na!

5 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by 124mumsy: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
icon8:

Is that all?

Wonders shall never end!
islam is just too mechanical and grude

3 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by noskcid(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
aleeyus:
leave her alone, please

the man is not here oo grin
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by IFNOTGOD(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
biacan:
is obvious the husband can't accept being a loser..... such men are usually dangerous..... I do tell my friends make sure you provoke your spouse in a hot roll just to know the level of his anger before getting married to him.......they should send him to jail already

DO NOT TEST D DEPTH OF A WATER BY BOTH FEET,

provoking someone cos u want to know how dey will react in marriage is not the best option people pretend while dey are not married and time n situation can make a sheep become a lion.

E.g a man who has money before getting married and becomes broke wen married is not same thing no say dem no warn u

4 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by modelmikeI(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
MrTymlez:
Lobatan
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by felifeli: 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
biacan:

You mean you thought this work of genius up all by yourself ? Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by smogup: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
What kind of religion is this sef?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by samsam2019: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Why go to court? Simply arrange for guys to beat him for you.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by 00Ademi(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
IFNOTGOD:

DO NOT TEST D DEPTH OF A WATER BY BOTH FEET,

provoking someone cos u want to know how dey will react in marriage is not the best option people pretend while dey are not married and time n situation can make a sheep become a lion.

E.g a man who has money before getting married and becomes broke wen married is not same thing no say dem no warn u
i luv u for ds... No homo cheesy cheesy
Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by mylifeisagift(m): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
biacan:
what kind of fools do we have roaming as ladies these days..Provoke your spouse?? Really?
U are a very big joke

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by deybholar(f): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
The man is just a loser.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Ex-husband For Refusing Her To Re-marry by meforyou1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Is there something wrong with that judge?
The woman said they have divorced islamically.
The ex-husband agreed that they have divorced islamically and they have nothing in common again.
Instead of the judge to divorce them officially there and then and issue the woman divorce certificate and issue the man restrain order, he is there adjoining the case and calling for witnesses. For which matter again naa?
Nigerian judges are a wonder

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

“my Husband Killed Our Baby, Impregnated Two Married Women” / Meet Nigeria's Miss Virginity / My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.