Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues (3161 Views)

My Fiancé Just Lost His Job / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. (2) (3) (4)

A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by maxti: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
"Applied for a Consultancy Job. One of the Jobs that when got can take care of Expenses for the next 8 months. At the last process, I met with the Committee in Charge of the Job. What i was told next wasn't Funny. In Clear English, i was Told am the ideal candidate and very highly Qualified, But ....... i wont get the Job..... Reason: Am not from the state of Residence and the Board chairman Doesn't like People of my Tribe. A state i have lived in for over 14 years. Set up Businesses, Own Buildings and have always paid my tax" #therewasonceacountry

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by fav444(f): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
Were you thinking one Nigeria was real before?

I sincerely feel for you. Take heart and say to ur soul IT IS WELL

Modified: Funny enough when Nigerians go to civilised countries we are granted citizenship after a number of years but we can never try to grant that to other Nigerians who were even born in regions other than their native regions.
THIS IS NIGERIA!!!

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by SalamRushdie: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
maxti:
"Applied for a Consultancy Job. One of the Jobs that when got can take care of Expenses for the next 8 months. At the last process, I met with the Committee in Charge of the Job. What i was told next wasn't Funny. In Clear English, i was Told am the ideal candidate and very highly Qualified, But ....... i wont get the Job..... Reason: Am not from the state of Residence and the Board chairman Doesn't like People of my Tribe. A state i have lived in for over 14 years. Set up Businesses, Own Buildings and have always paid my tax" #therewasonceacountry

They explicitly told you that you wont get the job because of your tribe?
Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Nebuzaradan: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
only a fool will believe in one Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by mgbadike81: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
only a fool will believe in one Nigeria
only zombies believe in one Nigeria.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by mazimee(m): 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
What State is that? Also, what state are you from?
Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by DozieInc(m): 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
Very painful experience.

any job I apply, for which am qualified for, I must get.
Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Pojomojo: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
From the way you write, it obvious your writing can make you lose any job
maxti:

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by dahmie2013: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
If I were u, I will reject dat report & call on d Lord God of Elijah, to show up in my fa4. Remember Hezekiah in d Bible.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by PenisCaP: 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
maxti:

U didnt mention name or places in ur comment.
But its glaring and those things u neva mentioned..just defined themsleves.

So na now e clear for ur eyes.
Uneva see something

Im sure u are among thise who kick against the betterment of ur own people.
Becoz u living a good life elsewhere.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Coffin4Sale: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
D

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by RedDistrict: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nepotism has always been a norm in the Nigerian system na
Nor be today e start,
Take heart bro, u'll get another since ur game is that tight already.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by EvilMetahuman: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
Fake story.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by UfuomaUN(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
maxti:

Lagos abi?

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Fidelismaria: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
hmmmmmm
give us the names
otherwise fvck off

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Emmatik(m): 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
You that write correctly where do you work?...Shell abi Mobil?...Get your head out of the sand Mr Chinua Achebe

Pojomojo:
From the way you write, it obvious your writing can make you lose any job

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by kay29000(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hmm
Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Modelqwen(f): 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2017

My guess....
Op = igbo
Board of chairman = Yoruba.
Now Op u no know say one Nig na for mouth?
But i think there's more to this.. Pray & ask God for uncommon Favour. One closed door opens another... It's well.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Javalist: 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
This is cool, I'm very sure you know right that even your state of origin would do quite same to someone from the state you currently are living.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Meel: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2017
Modelqwen:

My guess....

Op = igbo

Board of chairman = Yoruba.

Now Op u no know say one Nig na for mouth?

But i think there's more to this.. Pray & ask God
for uncommon Favour.
One closed door opens another... It's well.
You guessed wrong, d op stays in the south south, calabar to be precise.

Is tribe might be Yoruba , or Hausa. No tribe is innocent of these fucking act tribalism.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Only foools are blinded by tribal sentiment. Tribalism is a success killer.
I will share this story of which I am a witness as it is happening currently. It could happen anywhere but I will mention the tribes involved.

This Igbo guy has been with this company for 7 years. He is intelligent. In fact all the new products that this company has introduced into the market in the last 5 years has been birthed by this guy, and he developed them too.
Then came this new MD who is Yoruba who came along with her own set of people and gradually started displacing the old successful hands. And the fortunes of the company started dwindling sharply.

They noticed this guy, and they knew he was very instrumental to the company's diverse products yet that Tribalism monster that lives in her and the people she brought didn't want to rest. They first of all moved his office out of the main Admin block. The guy saw the signals and immediately started hunting for job. No sooner did he start than he landed a job offer in a company 10 times bigger and better than the present one.

The guy just relaxed to watch how things will unfold. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they sent a mail last week and copied the whole staff that he will be reporting to a lady who just joined a company without informing him. I don't know if they wanted to disgrace him or what. Note that he is a manager.

24 hours later, he sent his resignation letter. As I type this, all the management team are still begging him to rescind his decision, offering him more money and improved work welfare.

But alas, the guy refused. He is leaving and that is final. Meanwhile all the about 10 new products touted to be fantastic which the company is about to introduce by next month is right in this guy's office. But Tribalism blinded this people not to see that.

Tribalism is very bad. But again, Buhari is a culprit.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by maxwell767(m): 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
FortifiedCity:
I will share this story of which I am a witness as it is happening currently. It could happen anywhere but I will mention the tribes involved.

This Igbo guy has been with this company for 7 years. He is intelligent. In fact all the new products that this company has introduced into the market in the last 5 years has been birthed by this guy, and he developed them too.
Then came this new MD who is Yoruba who came along with her own set of people and gradually started displacing the old successful hands. And the fortunes of the company started dwindling sharply.

They noticed this guy, and they knew he was very instrumental to the company's diverse products yet that Tribalism monster that lives in her and the people she brought didn't want to rest. They first of all moved his office out of the main Admin block. The guy saw the signals and immediately started hunting for job. No sooner did he start than he landed a job offer in a company 10 times bigger and better than the present one.

The guy just relaxed to watch how things will unfold. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they sent a mail last week and copied the whole staff that he will be reporting to a lady who just joined a company without informing him. I don't know if they wanted to disgrace him or what. Note that he is a manager.

24 hours later, he sent his resignation letter. As I type this, all the management team are still begging him to rescind his decision, offering him more money and improved work welfare.

But alas, the guy refused. He is leaving and that is final. Meanwhile all the about 10 new products touted to be fantastic which the company is about to introduce by next month is right in this guy's office. But Tribalism blinded this people not to see that.

I like sharp guys...

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
maxwell767:

I like sharp guys...

They guy sharp but honestly tribalism makes people look stupid. I look at the culprits and I see shortsightedness

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by maxwell767(m): 9:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
FortifiedCity:
They guy sharp but honestly tribalism makes people look stupid. I look at the culprits and I see shortsightedness

Serves them right

But yet some people will never learn.

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Iscoalarcon: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
FortifiedCity:

chai bro all this lies from you alone shocked fear your creator na

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by MasterKim: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
FortifiedCity:

Liar liar.
African magic don destroy ur brain finish

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by PenisCaP: 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hmm
Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by AmuDimpka: 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
Be specific..which tribe are you from.and what state are you residing....I am Igbo in Lagos and I can relate with some stuff here
maxti:

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by GetUmad: 3:19am On Oct 24, 2017
The poster above me sha. They'd always hump on this kind of thread. They're always victims.

Sorry about this OP. However I must ask, are you sure you are not a TRIBALIST yourself and you're being paid just by your own coin? or what's the essence of this thread when obviously it's gonna get feasted on by fellow Tribalists.

Fact; Most people that easily spot tribalism in every ugly situations are by default, TRIBALISTS.

Your solution is not in any thread but consulting your God to cancel out every form of hatred and unfavorable decisions towards you which can deny you your blessings. The time you were opening this thread many destinies were being enriched and lives changed just by people from other tribe as theirs. When you carry that Grace, Favor speaks for you. Pastor GetUMad...

Re: A Nairalander Just Lost A Contract: Tribal Issues by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 24, 2017
MasterKim:

Liar liar.
African magic don destroy ur brain finish
Are you sure you are Okay? I wrote that this is what I am witnessing and you're misbehaving
Please don't quote me again if you have nothing sensible to say

What Staff Is Carrying Vs What The Staff Is Receiving. / Workforce / Thread For Jobs In Owerri

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113