Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

The Nigerian Doctor: Saving Medicine! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Nigerian Doctor: Saving Medicine! (441 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / Transformation Photos Of A Female Nigerian Doctor Based In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Doctor: Saving Medicine! by MrBigiman: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
A while ago, I heard a professor of pharmacy who travelled to Ghana, presumably an hypertensive patient, he went to a nearly pharmacy but was declined his medications without a doctor's prescription. This story was actually told by the Professor himself while giving a lecture of drugs being poisons. Simple question then will be, if Ghana is getting it right, why den can't we get it right?

To my bilwiderment, individuals who have no business with drugs are starting up IV lines, injecting and prescribing indiscriminately. To worsen it, pharmacist pose as doctors and commit all sort of Atrocities. I had a chat with a lady who had gynaecological issues and she told me outrightly that she went to consult with a certain pharmacist, who has now converted his shop to a mini clinic, seeing all sort of ailments and destroying the sanctity of ethical drug use.

When I have a rational discuss with patients, I tell them without mincing words that by visiting people who have no business treating, prescribing or running clinics, they create a bleak future for their Children and those not unborn, it's an emergency. Kidney diseases, chronic illnesses and drug related morbidities are on the rise and it's time to fight back.

The fight begins with medical doctors protecting their territories. A doctor has no business teaching a none medic strictly medical procedures, however our young doctors don't hear word. Also, Instead of doctors going on strike to fight for salary increase, when in fact their equally qualified colleagues in the private sector can hardly meet up with the cost of living, doctors could agitate for sanity. Sanctions ought to be made on pharmacist who sell prescription drugs without a doctor's stamp, Infact stamps having doctors unique seal should be made available so that pharmacist can be monitored to ensure that drugs sold for the day can be accounted for via these seals.

What the above will do, will be to put pharmacists and pharmaceatical companies on their toes, young doctors can get certain percentages for their prescriptions, doctors with erroneous practice's can be better traced and well deserving individuals can be rewarded for their mental effort and sanctity could return to Medicine.

What this holds for the Lab scientists and technicians is simple. Signing Lab report by technicians should be frowned at. Owning a lab is serious business, and any lab who cannot engage a pathologist should have no moral or legal right to operate. Gram negative sepsis diagnosed by a hematologist could save the medic countless hours of wasting the penicillin class drugs!, early blood cancers could also be detected.

Tomorrow is another day, but today is time to make better and healthier choices, as our lives are worth much more than the experiments that imposters seek to carry out. Our Children will be happier in a rational drug environment.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Monkeypox Victim Impregnated By NYSC Member Loses Pregnancy / Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera Gel And Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.