Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) (62776 Views)

FIFA Club World Cup Final: Individual Award Winners (photos) / Moment Messi Received His FIFA Men's Player Award. See Van Dijk's Reaction / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by solaugo1: 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2017

Cristiano Ronaldo won the men’s award for the fourth time in five years while Lieke Martens was named best female player and Oliver Giroud won best goal

So Ronaldo wins the Fifa player of the year award for the fourth time in five years. That’s five awards apiece for him and Messi, the Argentinian’s golden period coming when he won four in a row between 2009 and 2012. Next year will sure be interesting.

Olivier Giroud wins Ferenc Puskas award for goal of the year

Olivier Giroud wins Ferenc Puskas award for goal of the year. Neymar and Antonio Conte reckon Giroud should win it, while Kane shows no bias by opting for Masuluke. The odd couple of Catherine Zeta-Jones and Diego Forlan are the ones in the know though, and it is Giroud. Great goal lad, but nothing beats this.

Zinedine Zidane wins coach of the year

Zidane wins, and looking suave as ever in a dickie bow, Zidane flits between English, French and Spanish. In Spanish he says he loves his wife, and name checks his best players “Ronaldo, Marcelo, Toni, Luca, thank you”. Thanks to Madrid he says with a beaming smile, and strolls off.

Gianlugi Buffon wins goalkeeper of the year

Buffon gets it. Legend. Will he ever stop? “It’s a great honour to receive this award at my age,” he says. The man’s only 39. He can go on for years. For now though he just wants to win the Champions League with Juventus and the World Cup with Italy. Aim high squire.

Celtic win best fans award

Glory for Celtic, primarily for honouring the ‘Lisbon Lions’ with stunning 360-degree card display on 50th anniversary of historic European Cup win.

Sarina Wiegman wins women’s coach of the year
Holland won Euro 2017 in fine style so naturally Wiegman takes the Fifa award. She’s not here though, but she tells us she’s happy in a video recorded yesterday. What! I thought no one knew the results.

Francis Koné wins Fifa fair play award

“This award shows more than any other the power of football and its ability to touch peoples’ lives the world over,” we are told. “And there can only be one winner”. That man is Francis Koné

The Fifa world team of year is announced

The Fifa Dream Team has been named, and here it is (4-4-3); Buffon, Alves, Marcelo, Ramos, Bonucci; Modric, Kroos, Iniesta; Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar. Difficult to argue with much of that team. But Iniesta? Was he that good last year? At least the announcement might cheer up Bonucci though …

Lieke Martens wins Fifa women's player of the year - Martens wins it. She was sensational in Holland’s stunning run to Euro 2017 glory. He skills were breathtaking and she’s still only 24.

https://news.assure.ng/cristiano-ronaldo-won-thebest-fifa-men-footballer-award-see-list-winners/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by marsoden: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congrats to them. They all deserve the awards.

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by emmanuelrabb(m): 9:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
I know one day I will surely make FTC.

Congratulations to Christiano Dos Santos Alvero Ronaldo..... CR7.

I like you but I love Lionel Messi.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by dominique(f): 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
How is this award different from ballon d'or?
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
When you look at award ceremonies like these, you will appreciate white people and how they have been blessed with good sense of judgement. In Nigeria, where awards are given to someone like Dino Melaye, Tinubu, Orji Uzo Kalu and Babangida, you will begin to wonder; if the black man understands the meaning of awards.

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by InfinixMine: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
The secret to winning is constant consistent management...

TEAM means Together Everyone Achieve More!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by KingTom(m): 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
dominique:
How is this award different from ballon d'or?
it used to be merged, now they've separated the two. This is the top award, ballon d or has been relegated back to a French award.

12 Likes

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Ugoeze2016: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congratulations Ronaldo

How come Mikel Obi and Moses are not on the list? smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Iscoalarcon: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ororo is the best but am not happy Isco should have been in the fifa X1 angry sad I dont why some idiots voted for Iniesta undecided

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by mickool(m): 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congratulations CR7. The legend !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by oviejnr(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ororooooo grin cheesy

All these Celtic aggressive racist fans won something too shocked

Imagine all these players in a team cool cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Mcowubaba: 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
My pikin most play ball, if him no gree, my future househelp must play ball professionally, somebody must play ball, sometimes I feel like I wAsted my time studying up and down, Ronaldo 1 week salary big pass my 3 years salary angry angry

some people wey get B.sc, M.sc, Phd dey earn 450K angry angry, while waec holder dey get 80 million per week grin..

work Smart NOT hard, omo nile and conductors get the same craze with Terry G, the even craze and suffer pass am..But Terry G carry him own crazy enter studio begin make fortune.

I get laptop and good internet since more than 10 years, but some Owerri and UNIBEN boys wey just borrow laptop from their friend last year, don hammer pass me, na youtube and blue film i dey watch since angry angry

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Lanceslot(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
This guy (CR7)in incredible... Real definition of hard work. Kante is suppose to have a place on the team of the year squad. He's a human machine.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Benekruku(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
And no award for LeBron James Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant and Valentino Rossi

smh.....

Fake Awards

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Bestchisom(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by joeaz58(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
this guy is overrated.... messi is greater

27 Likes

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by kramer: 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
joeaz58:
this guy is overrated.... messi is greater

U say wetin??

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by komzy589(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
English FA showed their nepotism here. Giroud's goal didn't even win Goal of the
month in England, but was recognised by FIFA as the best goal of the year.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by dominique(f): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
KingTom:
it used to be merged, now they've separated the two. This is the top award, ballon d or has been relegated back to a French award.

Oh! ok. Thanks
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by greatman247(m): 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
My guy is repping well. Ronald is truly the world's best, no doubt.
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ugoeze2016:
Congratulations Ronaldo

How come Mikel Obi and Moses are not on the list? smiley
hammed musa nko

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by blessedweapon(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
Finally ramos has got a worthy partner in bonucci.
Not that useless ogbono pique they pair him with

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by INTERMAN: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
This one ke. Gone are the days of ronaldinhio, maradona, etc. those are the real players.

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by tballeyy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
AJEE. Lomo
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Kamelot77(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Iniesta nd Dani alves dint deserves to be On pro 11

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by tstx(m): 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ronaldo
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Gabflex: 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
this is politics MESSI is better

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by parzdor(m): 10:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
ygf
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by Robbin7(m): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
Impressive.
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by cashlurd(m): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
A well deserved award I must say
Re: FIFA Player Of The Year Award: See List of Winners (Photos) by kerr9(f): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
komzy589:
English FA showed their nepotism here. Giroud's goal didn't even win Goal of the
month in England, but was recognised by FIFA as the best goal of the year.
the goal scored by the goal keeper Masuluke or the female footballer should have win the award. Giroud is like every normal goal na

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo In Embarrassing Blunder At ATP Finals (Photos) / Picture Of Messi And Suarez In Their Dressing Room After Beating Liverpool. / Riyad Mahrez Proposes To Taylor Ward With £400k Ring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.