Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria (13724 Views)

5 Creative Ways To Earn Money On Instagram / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2017
Are you looking for ways to get a job in Nigeria? Ok, you have posted and applied for all available jobs on several Nigerian job websites like jobberman, carrersng, myjobmag, Nairaland job vacancy section. You have even followed up several HRs with calls and networked till your shoes are almost worn out. Every Sunday you take several newspapers and apply for jobs in your field, but nothing yet to show for it.

I will want to assume that it is not yet your time, which I strongly doubt. Maybe you should take a look at your CV again By Clicking Here to FIX it. But if you assume that your CV’s are good to go alongside your cover letter then let’s look at the Guerilla methods that can get you a job in Nigeria before the year runs out.

Send Half of your Resume

Find a company you intend to work for. Write a SUPER cover letter on why they should give you a chance, pointing them to check out your resume. Don’t seal the envelope and don’t add any resume to the envelope. They’ll assume that the resume fell out off the envelope. Make sure you attach your number to the cover letter. It is 90% certain that they will call you for an interview – i.e if such a position needs someone to come in. When you are finally called, SELL yourself shamelessly and with all vigor.

Make use of Direct Mail

Make use of the power of direct mails – I don’t mean Emails. Emails can be trashed with ease, but a direct mail has the power to be treated with respect. Locate up to 5 companies you wish to work for. Look for a contact in your network and ask them if they know anyone who works in any of the firms you listed out. If they give out the names, collect permission to forward your resume via email and always mention your contact in the cover letter.

Use the Power of E-mail Chain Letter

Create a list of up to 20 companies you intend to work for and send an email to everyone you know, requesting to know if any of them knows someone who works in those firms. Ask them to contact you if they know someone so that you can ask for referrals. Finally, you can also ask them to forward the emails to 10 more people to their own contacts. Please don’t do this if you are currently employed – I guess you know the reason.

Distribute a Booklet

Write a booklet – electronically or otherwise with relevant information about your industry.

E.g. “Why Guerilla marketing is good for businesses with a small budget” I am a salesperson, so this relates to my industry.

Everyone loves free information, and this also demonstrates your expertise. This helped me get my last job, and it has been wonderful. Give the booklet away electronically or through other means. You can also advertise it to newsgroups where HRs personnel can see it. If you do this properly, it will help you get a job in Nigeria.

Call Human Resource Managers on Phone

Does it sound crazy? You should know that desperate time calls for desperate measures. Pick up the phone, call the Human resource department. You can ask them what outside agency or third party or recruiting firm they use.

They will surely ask you why you want to know. Pitch your skills. Remind them that since they are not recruiting now that you are available, can they recommend any competitor that might need your expertise?

The idea is to create value for you and help you get a job in Nigeria.

FREE TIP: Make sure you rehearse what to say before calling anyone on your list – it helps to make you deliver a smooth sales pitch.

To achieve all these, you must have a well-designed CV and your cover letter must be of the highest quality. If not, you might just end up making motions with no movement. To get a job in Nigeria, you must be ready to work hard for it, unless you have the popular “connections”.

See you in my next article. Remember to subscribe for more articles like this. Remember to share to your friends.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/get-a-job-in-nigeria/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2017
What do you think of these methods?

I can help create an effective CV for you. Please contact me here

I will be so glad to help. smiley
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Sirpaul(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2017
Oooops!... am a Professional Technical Recruiter it won't work effectively that way...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by lelvin(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2017
grin You will be frustrated if you do these things. Most unsolicited emails end up under spam.

Biafranbushboy aka prof of women and bedroom affairs, repent.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by mastercee(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2017
Are these applicable in Nigeria? I'm not sure

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Sirambassador(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2017
Udonminit grin
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by alfaHaywhy(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2017
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by midehi2(f): 10:35am On Oct 24, 2017
Sirpaul:
Oooops!... am a professional recruiter it won't work effective that way... Oh no
Hmm!
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by sunbbo(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2017
Nice one Op,

Apply for Holland Government Scholarship 2018/2019 for study at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University

The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University.This scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s at RSM.

Requirements:

Your nationality is non-EEA;
You are a prospective student, starting your studies in the academic year 2018/2019;
You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at RSM;
You meet the specific requirements of the programme you are applying for;
You do not have a degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands (excluding exchange programmes in the Netherlands).
In principle, a fair distribution of scholarships over the various programmes will take place. This principle may be deviated from and priority may be given to applicants for certain programmes. Additionally, the school may strive for a certain distribution over the continents.

Benefits:

Amoun

The scholarship amounts to € 5,000for maximum 12 months, one academic year;
You will receive this only in the first year of your studies. This is nota full scholarship;
The amount will be transferred in two instalments (November 2017 and February 2018) after you have paid the full tuition fee amount.
Selection criteria

Prospective students for the IBA programme at RSM need to prove their excellence. Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved at secondary school (measured to date) is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10;

Click to view details
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by farous(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2017
Off point

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2017
Sirpaul:
Oooops!... am a professional recruiter it won't work effective that way... Oh no

lol... your English just gave you out! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2017
Pidgin2:
grin You will be frustrated if you do these things. Most unsolicited emails end up under spam.

What do you say to my proposal?
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by alfaHaywhy(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Send Half of your Resume

Find a company you intend to work for. Write a SUPER cover letter on why they should give you a chance, pointing them to check out your resume. Don’t seal the envelope and don’t add any resume to the envelope. They’ll assume that the resume fell out off the envelope. Make sure you attach your number to the cover letter. It is 90% certain that they will call you for an interview – i.e if such a position needs someone to come in. When you are finally called, SELL yourself shamelessly and with all vigor.

Quite funny. But in case it doesn't play well to the tune of the firms. O boy na too use the cover letter wrap roasted corn.

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Krystaal(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2017
One girl told me that when the trumpet will sound , the whole world will go for judgement only NIGERIA will NOT hear because of generator sound grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2017
alfaHaywhy:

Quite funny. But in case it doesn't play well to the tune of the firms. O boy na too use the cover letter wrap roasted corn.

cheesy cheesy...

depends on how compelling your Cover Letter is

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

What do you say to my proposal?

YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yiiiipiiiiiiidiiiiidooooodaaaaaaa!!!!
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2017
Pidgin2:

YES I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yiiiipiiiiiiidiiiiidooooodaaaaaaa!!!!

So, can I do the needful? smiley
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Chlorin: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2017
Nice write up! But it's all about connection
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by mixter(m): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2017
My question is, How do one go about writing a volunteering letter to a firm like say NB. Since you have no working experience in the breweries industry. The aim is to gain industry experience. Kindly address how to go about this. Thanks .
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by andsboy29: 10:44am On Oct 24, 2017
Cool
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by braine(m): 10:49am On Oct 24, 2017
Lovely tips!
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Amazingift01(f): 10:59am On Oct 24, 2017
[quote author=Sirpaul post=61720654]Oooops!... am a professional recruiter it won't work effective that way... Oh no
Hmm
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Amazingift01(f): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2017
Chlorin:
Na so

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by seunakin231(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2017
Fallacy....It won't blip

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Unlimited22: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2017
Lalasticlala and seun, please resolve my time spent online ish.
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by Agbeni33: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2017
Sending unsolicited CV to companies or recruiters works sometimes. I am a living testimony of such act.

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
Agbeni33:
Sending unsolicited CV to companies or recruiters works sometimes. I am a living testimony of such act.

Thank God. How did you do it?

1 Like

Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
braine:
Lovely tips!

Thanks bro.
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
mixter:
My question is, How do one go about writing a volunteering letter to a firm like say NB. Since you have no working experience in the breweries industry. The aim is to gain industry experience. Kindly address how to go about this. Thanks .

Such firms don't really accept that unless you have an insider. Who knows, you can meet an expert to craft out something for you.

Just enclose it in an envelop, direct it to the H.R,

Who knows, you may just be lucky!!!
Re: 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria by BiafranBushBoy: 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
Chlorin:

Nawa oo... So all of us that got jobs, do we all have connections?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hostcom: Is The F.g. Charging Youths To Train Them Or Is This A Scam? / Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women? / PYES Registration Portal Is Now Fully Back Online – No Network Problem On P-YES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.