Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,876 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:45 AM

A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired (21877 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? / I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! / Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by wristbangle: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
I culled this story from an hiring manager in LinkedIn which would inspire most especially the unemployed.

A Candidate didn't do well in the interview. I still HIRED her.

Here's why.

Generally at the end of an interview, the interviewer will ask the interviewee if he or she has any questions.

She asked these 3 questions to HR Manager. It was pitiful to see her struggling to answer them.

1. What are the company's growth plan and strategy for the next 5 years?

2. Why should I work for your organization?

3. What are the weaknesses of your company and how do you see this position contributing to strengthening those weaknesses?

The HR Manager wasn't impressed but as the hiring manager I had the final say. I ended up hiring her and she did rock the boat but she helped the team and me as a leader to grow.

Interviewing numerous candidates over the years has taught me:

*Sometimes the best employees don't make good first impressions.
*Acing an interview and performing on a job are two different things.
*Strong employees intimidate weak managers.

Do you agree?

Lalasticlala

Source: Brigette Hyacinth post on LinkedIn

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Penalty82(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
A friend of mine gave testimony of such employment but alas!...her employers did so b'cos of her huge Breasts and massive nyash......... in their mind your breast and nyash don qualify you.....lol.

72 Likes

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by wristbangle: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:
A friend of mine gave testimony of such employment but alas!...her employers did so b'cos of her huge Breasts and massive nyash......... in their mind your breast and nyash don qualify you.....lol.

cheesy cheesy This is quite common nowadays. I have actually been a victim of this situation where 4 people (which includes me) made it to final stage in a firm. 3guys and a lady. She is well endowed as she was first called in by the HR guy of which the interview lasted for an hour. Our own no pass 5 mins and the next day we got a regret mail.

I called the babe, she said she was asked to resume with immediate effect cheesy

143 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

cheesy cheesy This is quite common nowadays. I have actually been a victim of this situation where 4 people (which includes me) made it to final stage in a firm. 3guys and a lady. She is well endowed as she was first called in by the HR guy of which the interview lasted for an hour. Our own no pass 5 mins and the next day we got a regret mail.

I called the babe, she said she was asked to resume with immediate effect cheesy

Chai, POWER OF THE BOOBS!!!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Penalty82(m): 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by galax1: 4:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
I hope I tell my story this way I attended an interview today and it wasn't really cool...i was bombed with technical questions
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by wristbangle: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
galax1:
I hope I tell my story this way I attended an interview today and it wasn't really cool...i was bombed with technical questions

God will favour you bro. Stop thinking about the way you performed. You might be the one they are looking for hence why they threw those bombs at u. I'm a living witness with respect to my current job cool

11 Likes

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by tosyne2much(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

[i] cheesy
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Lawal4green: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

sir is it all companies that send regret mail?
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Franchise21(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Fact

1 Like

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by wristbangle: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
Lawal4green:
sir is it all companies that send regret mail?

Not all sir.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by arthurshelly: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Its happen to me where nepotism rule ...
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
a friend went for an interview with one of those audit firms, he was bombarded with accounting questions wey he no sabi, d fine babe wey dem do interview togeda, dem just ask am about her course, hobbies, when she wan marry. d babe enter my guy got regret mail

4 Likes

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
Truth hurts! tongue
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Pat081: 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
Baba God don pick d gal calls b dat but dnt cum here tomorrow to tell us other thing ooooo
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Ejaculate: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
Thats why its good to marry fine girl and born fine girls and beauty will always open the ways. Shout out to all the fine girls!

8 Likes

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2017
Should we call this God's favor or favor due to physical attraction/attributes

1 Like

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Lawal4green: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Not all sir.
thanks

1 Like

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by SleekyP(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
incase lala...
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

Eeyaaa
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:

God will favour you bro. Stop thinking about the way you performed. You might be the one they are looking for hence why they threw those bombs at u. I'm a living witness with respect to my current job 8)
Hallelujah
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by AburoBuhari: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2017
Be Smart, Buhari was least qualified and millions of Zombies and other machineries picked him,why, he was Smart,he repackaged lies but every lie has an expiry date and Nigerians will do the needful when the time comes

*ÀbúròBuhari*

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Agimor(m): 7:31am On Oct 25, 2017
AburoBuhari:
Be Smart, Buhari was least qualified and millions of Zombies and other machineries picked him,why, he was Smart,he repackaged lies but every lie has an expiry date and Nigerians will do the needful when the time comes

*ÀbúròBuhari*
Buhari was breed out of lies and deceit, he has nothing to offer but lies and propaganda. It seems Nigerians has a penchant for liars.

5 Likes

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by DanielsParker(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2017
Okay.

Did this happen in Nigeria?

could be she was the most qualified candidate academically but luck didn't shine on her during the interview and the HR couldn't afford to lose her.

This rarely happens in Nigeria, if you ask me.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Mutuwa(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2017
wristbangle:
I culled this story from an hiring manager in LinkedIn which would inspire most especially the unemployed.

A Candidate didn't do well in the interview. I still HIRED her.

Here's why.

Generally at the end of an interview, the interviewer will ask the interviewee if he or she has any questions.

She asked these 3 questions to HR Manager. It was pitiful to see her struggling to answer them.

1. What are the company's growth plan and strategy for the next 5 years?

2. Why should I work for your organization?

3. What are the weaknesses of your company and how do you see this position contributing to strengthening those weaknesses?

The HR Manager wasn't impressed but as the hiring manager I had the final say. I ended up hiring her and she did rock the boat but she helped the team and me as a leader to grow.

Interviewing numerous candidates over the years has taught me:

*Sometimes the best employees don't make good first impressions.
*Acing an interview and performing on a job are two different things.
*Strong employees intimidate weak managers.

Do you agree?

Lalasticlala

Source: Brigette Hyacinth post on LinkedIn

sad
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by HtwoOw: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2017
grin

She has assets
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Nackzy: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2017
May be she did well in the other Room.. U can ask Buhari this.... He knows what am talking about
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Tolzeal(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2017
cool
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Kingdolo(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
It happens.
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by PastorandMentor(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
Make I cry if I no marry fine girl. Thunder blast ugliness
Ejaculate:
Thats why its good to marry fine girl and born fine girls and beauty will always open the ways. Shout out to all the fine girls!
Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2017
I hold the view that the majority of Nigeria's interviewers and HRs are not smart enough to interview anyone or spot intelligence. Their judgements are mostly based on emotions. I hope they are reading this. lol

14 Likes

Re: A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired by Aremu01(m): 8:11am On Oct 25, 2017
Can this happen in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs / They Finally Almost Had My Shadow. Pls Learn From This. / Why Do Banks Recruit Regularly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.