Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them (18534 Views)

Buhari Appoints Christy Uba As NYSC Acting DG / Happy Corpers Chanting "Sai Baba! APC!" As NYSC Allowance Is Increased To N50k / Aggressive Error Message Corper Got While Checking NYSC Portal. Is This Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by femi4: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
That green suppose be army green not leaf green
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Mexzy4sho(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
This one weak me die

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by efighter: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
iamawara:
Forget. This the worst registration ever. I left home early to the cafe for registration but upto this moment am yet to do the biometric capture, people just dey complain up and down.

I blame Yakubu Gawon for this pooo

Worst registration ever? Have you been doing NYSC every year?
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by NwaIgboBoy(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
When I say I hate nigeria ppl will be like "plz dnt hate my nation". But the truth is that noting is working here (eg), to gain admision problem, being a student wahala, doing busines problem, goverment worker wahala, jobless problem, to eat wahala, to sleep well problem, to buy a car wahala, to fuel it problem, to keep girlfriend wahala, to date a guy problem, to mary wahala, to divorce problem, even to die in this country wahala , good leaving problem.......... I HATE NIGERIA!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by kaypower1(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
instead of me to go.waste.my tym dey serve, if.opportunity presents itself, i'd rather bone.nysc, do something big liase wt d officials mk dem dey collect mi.19800, cos.wetin i dey get pass d money, i jst need d kpali.
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
frinx:
They collect billions only to spend a token for the service stressing PCM. undecided undecided

Excertly
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by eemalex(m): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
Let me help those having issues with registration.
1. Lagos, Abuja and other Sort after states won't disappear till at least tomorrow evening.
2. You can easily complete your registration up to uploading of passport photograph by yourself with your PC and do the biometrics at a cafe
3. It's easier when you do your registration from 11pm to 5am
the following day
4. To upload passport photograph with white background successfully, you can us your phone with PicsArt to edit the background from any colour and make sure the white colour is pure.
I registered on this day 24th of October 2016 at exactly 11pm and help a number of people do theirs successfully (Even took passport with mobile phone, using a white bus as background and editing with PicsArt) till 3am the next day.
I picked Abuja,Lagos, Kano and
Rivers in that order and was posted to Lagos in Stream 1
P.S - To use a mobile phone to register, you have to set your browser to desktop view/mode.
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
I don't even have the time to police one site doing wishy-washy. I will register once they have fix the hiatus.

Meanwhile, I give them thise first few days
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
iamawara:
Forget. This the worst registration ever. I left home early to the cafe for registration but upto this moment am yet to do the biometric capture, people just dey complain up and down.

I blame Yakubu Gawon for this pooo
are they forcing you to serve?
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by mhisterdreezy(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
ok
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by theboss56: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
This is the first stage of stress you go through, after this is the payment period, that one no funny weeks e fit no work and dem go deduct your money. But all been said you will surely register, NYSC now your suffering continue. Wish you guys all the best as you prepare for camp. Buy over sized shoe you will use in camp.
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by iamawara(m): 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2017
bjhaid:
are they forcing you to serve?

Can't u scroll without commenting? If it's not compulsory do u think I will be wasting my time
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by iamawara(m): 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2017
efighter:

Worst registration ever? Have you been doing NYSC every year?

Yes I own a Cyber cafe
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by charlisco(m): 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
visit us at warri for your registration, whatspp me on 08051311885
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by ojtech8291: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
Your own is better compared to Batch A sream 2. This is just a preamble. cheesy cheesy cheesy The real frustration is coming. The higher you go, the hotter it becomes!
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by kingsley3218(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
LifestyleTonite:

NYSC is currently trending on Twitter simply because of the stress many Nigerians are facing trying to register on its website.

Prospective Corp members took to twitter to air their grievances concerning the website's portal which is frustrating their attempt to register.

See reactions below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/nigerians-react-twitter-nysc-portal/
Lol...dem never see sumtin...this one na gear one, when dem enter the scheme gan gan,dem go dey pray make 11 months do fast waka!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by sludge: 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
Come and suffer with us NYSC is a scam
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Twrecks(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
How long shall we continue like this? serious war today but I conquered. Ajuwaya loading... But, why can"t there be at least five portals to reduce the pressure on one site?
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Lilkini(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
It took me from 7am - 5pm to get my face captured...what kinda stupid new development is that?? another 2hrs to complete d whole registration

out of d 50+ ppl at d cafe today,only mine went through till now

the most annoying part is that i had to bend my neck n face for that long just to get a capture after they have insulted me saying "invalid human face"... hahahaha,i soo hate this nation buh its well

Be patient friends,we would all register!!
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by piperson(m): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
mrphysics:
The pressure is much on the portal, they should be patient a little.

Lol, everyone wants to register same day to select the best states.

lol

I hear say Lagos and Abuja don full
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by piperson(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
undecided
itsmeurLady:
Smh, Johnny just come! Don't they kno that the no of persons trying to register at the same time on the first day is high that's y the site is slow. Abi them nor do jamb or any other reg It's only normal that when too many people are trying to Acess a site at the same time, it will be slow. See them, dem Neva start NYSC , dem don complain... Nigerians and Complain *Smh

let's hear word joorr

so they should be incompetent... they didn't know much ppl will try to register on the first day In other to increase their capacity

iranu undecided
itsmeurLady:
Smh, Johnny just come! Don't they kno that the no of persons trying to register at the same time on the first day is high that's y the site is slow. Abi them nor do jamb or any other reg It's only normal that when too many people are trying to Acess a site at the same time, it will be slow. See them, dem Neva start NYSC , dem don complain... Nigerians and Complain *Smh

let's hear word joorr

so they should be incompetent... they didn't know much ppl will try to register on the first day In other to increase their capacity

iranu
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by YourMrBoo: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
Lilkini:
It took me from 7am - 5pm to get my face captured...what kinda stupid new development is that?? another 2hrs to complete d whole registration

out of d 50+ ppl at d cafe today,only mine went through till now

the most annoying part is that i had to bend my neck n face for that long just to get a capture after they have insulted me saying "invalid human face"... hahahaha,i soo hate this nation buh its well

Be patient friends,we would all register!!

You where able to be captured using the nysc Biometric client application??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by united442(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
eemalex:
Let me help those having issues with registration.
1. Lagos, Abuja and other Sort after states won't disappear till at least tomorrow evening.
2. You can easily complete your registration up to uploading of passport photograph by yourself with your PC and do the biometrics at a cafe
3. It's easier when you do your registration from 11pm to 5am
the following day
4. To upload passport photograph with white background successfully, you can us your phone with PicsArt to edit the background from any colour and make sure the white colour is pure.
I registered on this day 24th of October 2016 at exactly 11pm and help a number of people do theirs successfully (Even took passport with mobile phone, using a white bus as background and editing with PicsArt) till 3am the next day.
I picked Abuja,Lagos, Kano and
Rivers in that order and was posted to Lagos in Stream 1
P.S - To use a mobile phone to register, you have to set your browser to desktop view/mode.

bro there is no place to upload passport..
please if therw is a way to upload with capturing,please tell us..pleasss
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by united442(m): 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
please guys help ooooo...
please if there is a way to upload passport without capturing,please tell us oooo...pleass
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by adelowor(f): 9:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
itsmeurLady:

So only a small number of people are assessing Facebook abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by itsmeurLady(f): 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
piperson:
undecided

let's hear word joorr

iranu undecided

let's hear word joorr

iranu

Mr competent, na ppl like u go do website, d website nor go work talkless of ppl to access am.... stop criticizing ppl's achievements just because u have free data to talk, u can volunteer to create a better site that can help them do that but if u can't, kindly stay mute instead of expecting ppl like u to do wonders when u have not even done "won" talkless of "wonders".
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Lilkini(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
YourMrBoo:

You where able to be captured using the nysc Biometric client application??

i dunno how though buh twas via webcam
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by itsmeurLady(f): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
adelowor:

So only a small number of people are assessing Facebook abi?

Facebook was developed over time, it didn't get der in a day and let's try it sef even Nairaland sometimes, when they post a new topic to fp and many ppl are trying to click on it at the same time, it shows error, Facebook is the same. Every site has it. Facebook is a social network and besides Facebook has its limits, dats y they tell u that there is a maximum to every connection u have . Dunno if they still do it, but once u have 5000 friends, no body else can add u and u can not add the person as well to avoid system overload. Oga don't be deceived, every site has this issue, dats y they always upgrade sites to limit such occurrences. It's surprising how we want the blacks to automatically be like the whites in a day, the whites did not work magic in a day. They started from the bottom, the worst and they developed and worked on every achievement we are seeing today and appreciating. So let's not be quick to bring our own inventions down but be quick to praise foreigners, let's encourage our fellow Nigerians to do better. Criticizing, complaints, comparisons will not change anything instead u are makin the leaders feel that, no matter what they do, the masses will always find fault, so no point doing it anyway. I pray God help us to change our mindset Cs obviously our mindsets are deteriorating day by day.
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by benjijosh(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
The face detecting algorithm is probably the reason why the server response time is slow. putting up a website like that ain't a joke but the fact is, we expect perfection that is why it was supposed to be given to professionals. I hope the developer gets to fix these issues soon. Nothing as bad as waiting 7hrs in a cafe to register. I feel for you guys.
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Jclement(m): 11:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
Left home around 9am, came back around 11pm..
Thank God I was able to complete it
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by Hephhemcomputer: 1:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Good morning all PCMs viewing this
I can boldly say that everybody that came for registration at Heph Hem Computers Agodi Gate, Ibadan on 24/10/2017 smiled home. Meaning, they all completed their registration except those that could not wait. Though, this doesn't mean there wasn't any issues but the only issue was general network problem which affected everybody irrespective of your location. There wasn't passport upload problem AT ALL.
It's not by power nor by might
Visit us today for a sweet experience. Call/WhatsApp 08032819071
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them by piperson(m): 5:12am On Oct 25, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Mr competent, na ppl like u go do website, d website nor go work talkless of ppl to access am.... stop criticizing ppl's achievements just because u have free data to talk, u can volunteer to create a better site that can help them do that but if u can't, kindly stay mute instead of expecting ppl like u to do wonders when u have not even done "won" talkless of "wonders".

you still made no sense

next

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC 2015 Batch B Registration Details / Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Female Corper Donates Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.