Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. (589 Views)

Father Ezeaka Felix Sunday Celebrates 5 Years Of Priesthood In Cameroon (Photos) / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by lawman88(m): 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2017
I'm Amuche, a member of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic diocese of Kano @ Ibo road, Kano. I spoke to ex-rev. Fr Inalegwu's sister today about the news making waves about inalegwu and she told me her own version of the story (we do Idoma meetings together both in church and outside the church, so I know the family well)
For those of you who does not know much about what transpired between Rev. Fr Inalegwu and catholic diocese of Kano before he dumped priesthood, please read this: Rev. Fr inalegwu was ordained as a priest in 2013 and posted to a catholic parish at komi village in Kura zone. Being a young priest, he expected to be posted within Kano metropoli. He was not comfortable but reluctantly accepted the post. He was the reverend father of the catholic parish of komi until his kidnap saga. His family informed the church about his kidnap but the church felt he arranged his kidnapping because it was obvious to the church that he didn't want to be there. His family took their grievances to the bishop of Kano diocese, most rev. John Niyiring but to their dismay, the bishop says there's nothing the church can do except to pray for him. Even when the kidnappers demands for 50 millions, the church said they can't give even a dime that as a priest, he has signed for both life and death in discharging his duty. So his family rally round until the got certain amount which the kidnappers accepted and granted father inalegwu freedom. After his freedom, he got a letter from the church instructing him to resume his priesthood service at the same parish where he was kidnapped. He was angry with the church for not showing much concern when he was kidnapped and try to plead with the church to transfer him to new Parish which the church refused. So he tendered his resignation letter.
He got married to his childhood friend about three months ago in a moderate wedding solemnization anchored by a Pentecostal church.
Luckily for rev inalegwu, a white man who owns companies in Kano adopted him as his son and inalegwu and his wife will travel out of the country any moment from now. It was not because of konji that he left priesthood!

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by Olafdan(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by lordimmaogidi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
Christian Dom is politics !!
Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by Kenzico(m): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
undecided I knew there was more to this case that meets the eye...

Quitting priesthood must have a good reason attached to it
Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by sKy007: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
Immediately after dropping boots, na woman him first go.

The Uyo own better, at least he is still preaching
Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by Amiano(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
This story doesn't add up, when did he resign and when did he get married? was he harboring the thought of marriage before his resignation or that was the first thing he thought of doing immediately after resigning?

I'm nt judging but let the will of God be done in his life
Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by lawman88(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
Amiano:
This story doesn't add up, when did he resign and when did he get married? was he harboring the thought of marriage before his resignation or that was the first thing he thought of doing immediately after resigning?

I'm nt judging but let the will of God be done in his life
He tendered his resignation letter to the church since November 2016 but they didn't approve nor responding to his resignation, saying what he wanted to do was a great sacrilege. So what do you expect him to do? For him to be a pastor in the Pentecostal church he wants to be a man of God, he must be married �.
Re: Real Reasons Why The Catholic Priest Dumped Priesthood And Got Married. by hisgrace090: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
Your post stand as justice to the former rev. farther.

Kudos!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Leadership Lessons From 1 Samuel 17(david Vs Goliath) / More Light On The Tithers And Non-tithers Dichotomy (2). / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.