Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues (3396 Views)

When You Have To Hold Something Despite Not Being Drunk With Alcohol / Bacchus/dionysus The Demon Of Wine&the Corruption Of God's Servants. / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
Acts 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Acts 2 is popularly known by the ignorant folks to be a school where different languages are spoken and as a result. They religiously tag speaking in tongues to a language only and nothing else

The verse above spoke about a sect of folks that never heard anything and their confession were different, I don't know if they heard them praising, but they happen to have a different confession "this men are speaking gibberish"

In case you want to be enlighten about the topic called speaking in tongues, you must see verses like Romans 8:26-27 where tongues was said to be used for praying rather than preaching.

I believe the Bible linked tongues to prayer than preaching, but our standards today is the language
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:35am On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
Acts 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Acts 2 is popularly known by the ignorant folks to be a school where different languages are spoken and as a result.
They religiously tag speaking in tongues to a language only and nothing else
7In wonder and amazement, they asked,
Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans?
8How is it then that each of us hears them in his own native language?
9Parthians, Medes, and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,a
10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome,
11both Jews and converts to Judaism; Cretans and Arabs
we hear them declaring the mighty works of God in our own tongues!

- Acts 2:8-11

If speaking in tongues is not language only, then man is not a human-being only
Tongues is a synonym for languages
Speaking in tongues is a phrase that has exactly the same meaning as other words like language, patios, pidgin, broken english, ibo, hausa etcetera

Jews then, no matter how far flung in the world they are living,
must, as a matter of duty, travel to Jerusalem, to celebrate at its temple three feasts,

These three feasts namely are:
Passover, Pentecost and the Feast of Tabernacles

At the Pentecost feast, which is 7 weeks after the Passover feast celebration, is when and where these Jewish pilgrims,
as in, Jews living outside Israel, that had far and wide journeyed down from every part of the world,
heard Jews with Galilean accent, not just speaking in the Jewish pilgrims diasporas' various and own native languages
but also heard these Jews with Galilean accent telling about the miracles that God has done, in their diasporas' various own languages

GodsMopol:
The verse above spoke about a sect of folks that never heard anything and their confession were different,
I don't know if they heard them praising, but they happen to have a different confession "this men are speaking gibberish"
14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd:
“Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say.
15These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!
16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

- Acts 2:14-16

Peter rightly corrected those folks, who incidentally, were fellow Jews and all who live in Jerusalem, that what they heard was the Gospel

GodsMopol:
In case you want to be enlighten about the topic called speaking in tongues,
you must see verses like Romans 8:26-27 where tongues was said to be used for praying rather than preaching.

I believe the Bible linked tongues to prayer than preaching, but our standards today is the language
26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God

- Romans 8:26-27

Whatever you believe, be open to being wrong that the Bible linked tongues to prayer than preaching
Dont worry about being wrong because sometimes, wrong helps us find the right

Romans 8:26-27 doesnt in the slightest indicate or suggest that tongues was said to be used for praying
I am sorry to say, you're wrong on this one too

The prevalent status quo view on "speaking in tongues" aka speaking in languages which most are raised with and forced to believe is incorrect
because of the faulty understanding it is based on
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
7In wonder and amazement, they asked,
Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans?
8How is it then that each of us hears them in his own native language?
9Parthians, Medes, and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,a
10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome,
11both Jews and converts to Judaism; Cretans and Arabs
we hear them declaring the mighty works of God in our own tongues!

- Acts 2:8-11

If speaking in tongues is not language only, then man is not a human-being only
Tongues is a synonym for languages
Speaking in tongues is a phrase that has exactly the same meaning as other words like language, patios, pidgin, broken english, ibo, hausa etcetera

Jews then, no matter how far flung in the world they are living,
must, as a matter of duty, travel to Jerusalem, to celebrate at its temple three feasts,

These three feasts namely are:
Passover, Pentecost and the Feast of Tabernacles

At the Pentecost feast, which is 7 weeks after the Passover feast celebration, is when and where these Jewish pilgrims,
as in, Jews living outside Israel, that had far and wide journeyed down from every part of the world,
heard Jews with Galilean accent, not just speaking in the Jewish pilgrims diasporas' various and own native languages
but also heard these Jews with Galilean accent telling about the miracles that God has done, in their diasporas' various own languages

14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd:
“Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say.
15These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!
16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

- Acts 2:14-16

Peter rightly corrected those folks, who incidentally, were fellow Jews and all who live in Jerusalem, that what they heard was the Gospel

26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God

- Romans 8:26-27

Whatever you believe, be open to being wrong that the Bible linked tongues to prayer than preaching
Dont worry about being wrong because sometimes, wrong helps us find the right

Romans 8:26-27 doesnt in the slightest indicate or suggest that tongues was said to be used for praying
I am sorry to say, you're wrong on this one too

The prevalent status quo view on "speaking in tongues" aka speaking in languages which most are raised with and forced to believe is incorrect
because of the faulty understanding it is based on

Bloodofthelamb won't agree with you on this one

Lemme leave you with 1 Corin 14:2, Jude1:20 and 1 Corin 14:14-15
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
Wasn't it you that opened this thread.
You've lost the bottle and the will to defend your write up, you have to resort to alter ego to try bail you out

GodsMopol:
For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won't be able to understand you You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.
- 1 Corinthians 14:2

But you, beloved, building up yourselves in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
- Jude 1:20

14For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don't understand what I am saying.
15Well then, what shall I do?
I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand

I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.

- 1 Corinthians 14:14-15

It is very unfortunate that someone like you is quoting scriptures out of context
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Wasn't it you that opened this thread.
You've lost the bottle and the will to defend your write up, you have to resort to alter ego to try bail you out

For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won't be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.
- 1 Corinthians 14:2

But you, beloved, building up yourselves in your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
- Jude 1:20

14For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I don't understand what I am saying.
15Well then, what shall I do?
I will pray in the spirit, and I will also pray in words I understand

I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand.

- 1 Corinthians 14:14-15

It is very unfortunate that someone like you is quoting scriptures out of context

Are you JW

Which translation are you quoting? But,that's not the matter, my point is, your translation, am not familiar with it, or seen people preach it, its you an anelect that quote your kinda translation, moreso, the italics is sth above me.

Well, may God give you understanding

Shalom
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
Are you JW

Which translation are you quoting?

Well, may God give you understanding

Shalom
JW ko, JW ni.
Answer this to see how ridiculous your stance is.
Did Jesus, in your manner of reasoning, pray in tongues?
You've just embarrassingly made a right dog's dinner of all those scriptures featured in your original and last post.
It is a pitiful sight to bear and read.
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
JW ko, JW ni.
Answer this to see how ridiculous your stance is.
Did Jesus, in your manner of reasoning, pray in tongues?
You've just embarrassingly made a right dog's dinner of all those scriptures featured in your original and last post.
It is a pitiful sight to bear and read.

Ignorance is bliss they say, have a nice day bye
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
Ignorance is bliss they say, have a nice day bye
Scurry away, run with your tail dangling between your legs

Take note and make it a good notice of James 3:1
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Scurry away, run with your tail dangling between your legs

Take note and make it a good notice of James 3:1

Okay, do me the favour of explaining the difference BTW tongues and praying in the spirit
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
Okay, do me the favour of explaining the difference BTW tongues and praying in the spirit
Now you're beginning to talk

Though tongues has previously been somehow explained above, I will add that tongues simply is language.

One can pray in the spirit and one can, also pray out of the spirit.

One can pray in tongues IN CONJUNCTION with praying in the spirit
One can also pray in tongues IN CONJUNCTION with praying out of the spirit

One can pray in the spirit audibly
or pray in the spirit inaudibly, like doing it under one's breath
An example of the latter, is Hannah's, the mother of Samuel praying

This is just the tip of an iceberg,
there are a gamut of others we haven't brought up
for example: haven't touched groans, groaning, sighing,
haven't touched why were those three occurrences of speaking in tongues,
haven't touched what prompted them happening, what was the objective for them happening etcetera
but I think you're slowly beginning to get the drift
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Now you're beginning to talk

Though tongues has previously been somehow explained above, I will add that tongues simply is language.

One can pray in the spirit and one can, also pray out of the spirit.

One can pray in tongues IN CONJUNCTION with praying in the spirit
One can also pray in tongues IN CONJUNCTION with praying out of the spirit

One can pray in the spirit audibly
or pray in the spirit inaudibly, like doing it under one's breath
An example of the latter, is Hannah's, the mother of Samuel praying

This is just the tip of an iceberg,
there are a gamut of others we haven't brought up
for example: haven't touched groans, groaning, sighing,
haven't touched why were those three occurrences of speaking in tongues,
haven't touched what prompted them happening, what was the objective for them happening etcetera
but I think you're slowly beginning to get the drift

You know, there is this word "mysterion", that's what you are.

I am quite impressed by this write up

Groaning, supplication, agony and many others like sighing are all demonstrations of the spirit

The Bible said, the spirit giveth to everyman as He willeth

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

I believe, those guys spoke in tongues at that time, they speaking, not really having a clue what they are saying

And here are people not part of them, hearing them, the disciples were actually praying at those period, until the spirit came upon them and they were moved to speak in tongues.

Jesus spoke in tongues, so they knew this thing was not some gibberish, moreso, for them to fully understand what they are voicing, imagine a lady, probably, Afghanistan, she's seeking to know the true God btw moha and Jesus. And all of a sudden, she starts saying in the language of a friend or passer by, I am the Lord that healeth thee, walk before me, and be though blameless, and suddenly, the passerby noticed, he was healed, what will you call that. Hmmmm,

2 Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

They heard Jesus spoke in tongues, they spoke too, but they needed confirmation, so people gave them that, aside that, Peter had scriptures.

Another one, Peter doesn't need peoples report, Thomas needs it, not everynow, but, also, every then. Jesus said, blessed his He that seeth not, yet believe

But lemme ask this question, what would they have spoken, if those visitors were not in the city, well, I believe, God orchestrated it to be so. I surrender to God, grin, He always knows the way I take
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:
You know, there is this word "mysterion", that's what you are.

I am quite impressed by this write up

Groaning, supplication, agony and many others like sighing are all demonstrations of the spirit

The Bible said, the spirit giveth to everyman as He willeth

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

I believe, those guys spoke in tongues at that time, they speaking, not really having a clue what they are saying

And here are people not part of them, hearing them, the disciples were actually praying at those period, until the spirit came upon them and they were moved to speak in tongues.

Jesus spoke in tongues, so they knew this thing was not some gibberish, moreso, for them to fully understand what they are voicing, imagine a lady, probably, Afghanistan, she's seeking to know the true God btw moha and Jesus. And all of a sudden, she starts saying in the language of a friend or passer by, I am the Lord that healeth thee, walk before me, and be though blameless, and suddenly, the passerby noticed, he was healed, what will you call that. Hmmmm,

2 Corinthians 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

They heard Jesus spoke in tongues, they spoke too, but they needed confirmation, so people gave them that, aside that, Peter had scriptures.

Another one, Peter doesn't need peoples report, Thomas needs it, not everynow, but, also, every then. Jesus said, blessed his He that seeth not, yet believe

But lemme ask this question, what would they have spoken, if those visitors were not in the city, well, I believe, God orchestrated it to be so. I surrender to God, grin, He always knows the way I take
I will respond to the above, in detail, later,
so for now, do you really understand the below reproduced, it's slightly edited, and a bit different from my earlier remark?

One can pray in tongues, IN CONJUNCTION with praying in the spirit
One can also pray in tongues IN CONJUNCTION with praying OFF the spirit

Do you understand, the implication of the remark; the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by GodsMopol: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I will respond to the above, in detail, later,
so for now, do you really understand the below reproduced, it's slightly edited, and a bit different from my earlier remark?

One can pray in tongues, IN CONJUNCTION with praying in the spirit
One can also pray in tongues IN CONJUNCTION with praying OFF the spirit

Do you understand, the implication of the remark; the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak

Ehmmmm am with you

But, the bolded though

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

Ehmmmm am with you
I don't think you are yet because I haven't even started

GodsMopol:

But, the bolded though

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
There isn't any thing head-scratching about the bolded brother

Have a go at these, make the attempt, won't matter, even if it's feeble
1.) Tell why there was the need for the Spirit to give them utterance so they can speak in another language?
2.) Tell what the identity is of the targeted listeners?
3.) Tell how is one to pray in the spirit?
Tell how does one pray in the spirit?
Describe examples of praying in the spirit
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
I want to ask a qeustion
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
I want to ask a qeustion
GodsMopol wouldn't mind me saying, go ahead
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
GodsMopol wouldn't mind me saying, go ahead
K
When a pastor is in the spirit speaking in tongues does a second party(another man) understand what he is saying or is only the pastor that understand what he speaks
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
GodsMopol:

SIR, I DON'T SPEAK IN THIS TWENTY FIRST CENTURY TONGUES, AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN IT...BUT, I BELIEVE IN THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...

"WHEN SOMEONE IS FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, EVERY THING THE PERSON DOES IS IN THE SPIRIT, EVEN PRAYING, TALKING AND WALKING."..

CHRIST OUR LORD NEVER PRAYED IN AN UNINTELLIGENT WORDS, BUT THE SCRIPTURE RECORDED THAT HE PRAYED, TAUGHT AND REJOICED IN THE SPIRIT, BECAUSE HE WAS FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT... BRO, IT IS NOT UNTIL YOU UTTER SOME NONSENSE THAT HAS NO MEANING, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT.

1 Like

Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
K
When a pastor is in the spirit speaking in tongues does a second party (another man) understand what he is saying
or is only the pastor that understand what he speaks
Very good question
but you'll first, have to say what you mean by "speaking in tongues" in no uncertain terms
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 7:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
SIR, I DON'T SPEAK IN THIS TWENTY FIRST CENTURY TONGUES, AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN IT...
BUT, I BELIEVE IN THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...

"WHEN SOMEONE IS FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT,
EVERY THING THE PERSON DOES IS IN THE SPIRIT, EVEN PRAYING, TALKING AND WALKING."..

CHRIST OUR LORD NEVER PRAYED IN AN UNINTELLIGENT WORDS,
BUT THE SCRIPTURE RECORDED THAT HE PRAYED, TAUGHT AND REJOICED IN THE SPIRIT, BECAUSE HE WAS FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT...

BRO, IT IS NOT UNTIL YOU UTTER SOME NONSENSE THAT HAS NO MEANING, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT.
What is the "THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT"?
How do you and/or does one "PRAY IN THE SPIRIT"?
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Very good question
but you'll first, have to say what you mean by "speaking in tongues" in no uncertain terms
asin? I didn't get the message you were trying to convey
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
As in?
I didn't get the message you were trying to convey
Sorry about that.
OK, what do you know about "speaking in tongues"?
What to your understanding and interpretation does "speaking in tongues" mean?
Share examples, describing you've seen or what you know "speaking in tongues" to be
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Mwah, I've just begun to love you more for the most part of this post
LOVE CHRIST MORE.. I AM AS IRRELEVANT AS THE LETTER 'K' IN THE WORD KNIFE...CHRIST IS MY CENTER AND MY ALL... AND, THANKS FOR THE KISS.
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
LOVE CHRIST MORE..
You want to teach big momma how to suck eggs

bloodofthelamb:
I AM AS IRRELEVANT AS THE LETTER 'K' IN THE WORD KNIFE...
CHRIST IS MY CENTER AND MY ALL... AND, THANKS FOR THE KISS.
I couldnt contain it, my emotions got the better of me
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Sorry about that.
OK, what do you know about "speaking in tongues"?
According to what my friends tell it is language of the spirit realm because 80% of my friends are christians

What to your understanding and interpretation does "speaking in tongues" mean?
I feel it's d language of the holy spirit

Share examples, describing what you know "speaking in tongues" to be
it's a code language
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
According to what my friends tell it is language of the spirit realm because 80% of my friends are christians
I feel it's d language of the holy spirit
Is this the joke of the day? Never mind.
Are you into football, have you got a favorite team you regularly cheer or root for?

UmarIbnShittu:
it's a code language
I asked you share examples, describing what you know "speaking in tongues" to be
but you responded with "... code language" and then after that, you lost me

OK. Share examples, describing and explaining what "... code language" is
What is this "... code language" for?
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You want to teach big momma how to suck eggs

I couldnt contain it, my emotions got the better of me
OK MA!... I'M GLAD YOU ARE FULLY GROUNDED AND ROOTED IN CHRIST. PEACE!
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by MuttleyLaff: 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
OK MA!...
I'M GLAD YOU ARE FULLY GROUNDED AND ROOTED IN CHRIST. PEACE!
What is the meaning of your "THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT" wording?
Also share how you
and then how does one or how can one "PRAY IN THE SPIRIT"?
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
What is the "THE GENUINE TONGUE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT"?
How do you and/or does one "PRAY IN THE SPIRIT"?

IT IS WHEN THE HOLY SPIRIT ENABLES YOU TO SPEAK A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT YOUR TONGUE, SO THAT YOU CAN IMPACT AND MINISTER THE ETERNAL TRUTH OF GOD TO PEOPLE OF THAT TONGUE.

PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT IS PRAYING ACCORDING TO THE LEADING OF THE SPIRIT...TIMOTHY SPOKED IN THE SPIRIT WHEN HE WAS BROUGHT BEFORE HIS ACCUSERS...

CHRIST SAID YOUR FATHER WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WILL SAY AT THAT HOUR...FORGIVE ME FOR NOT QUOTING SCRIPTURE..
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Is this the joke of the day? Never mind.
Are you into football, have you got a favorite team you regularly cheer or root for?

I asked you share examples, describing what you know "speaking in tongues" to be
but you responded with "... code language" and then after that, you lost me

OK. Share examples, describing and explaining what "... code language" is
What is this "... code language" for?

I'm damn serious about that

no I don't like football

Hw else do you want me to explain it to you?

Pastors use it mostly to perform. Miracles
Re: These Men Are Drunk With Wine- The Misconception About Tongues by UmarIbnShittu(m): 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
Can we pls continue tomorrow I have to wake very early tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is A Greek Ggod / According To The Bible:if Your Wife Saves Your Life,you Cut Off Her Hand! / How To Become A True Disciple Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.