Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

How To Pass From Death Unto Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Pass From Death Unto Life (819 Views)

Is TB Joshua's Argentina Prophecy Coming To Pass? / Prophet T.b Joshua Raised A Man From Death.and The Man Died Again 3 Days Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass From Death Unto Life by PastorAde: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2010
[center]How to Pass from Death unto Life
[/center]
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die. (Genesis 2:17)

Verily, verily, I say to you, he that hears My word, and believes on Him that sent Me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death to life. (John 5:24, emphasis mine).

And you will not come to Me, that you might have life. (John 5:40)

Verily, verily, I say to you, If a man keep (obey) My saying, he shall never see death. (John 8:51)

The first scriptural passage above relates God’s word to Adam, the first man created. When Adam disobeyed God by eating of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he died spiritually, though he was still alive physically. Subsequently, he was driven out of the Garden of Eden (Gen. 3:24). The fellowship he had hitherto enjoyed with God was broken. His spirit was cut off from the life of God. This is the state of spiritual death. Since Adam is the first man created, all his progeny (i.e. descendants) inherited spiritual death, which is separation from God.

Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Roman 5:12, emphasis mine)

How then can we pass from the state of spiritual death unto life? In the second passage above Jesus said: “Verily, verily, I say to you, he that hears My word, and believes on Him that sent Me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death to life”. So by hearing the words of Jesus, and believing in the God that sent Him, you have everlasting life, and shall not come into eternal condemnation; but you are passed from death to life. In other words, for you to have a pass mark in this life, you must hear and believe in the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ and believe in the Father that sent Him. All those who reject Jesus and His word reject their means of eternal salvation and are thus condemned.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved (exposed) (John 3:19-20).

Jesus is the light of the world (John 8:12a), and His word is lamp to our feet, and a light to our path (Psalm 119: 105). The light of God’s word, if received and believed, dispels spiritual death and darkness out of the human spirit; and eternal life, which is the life of God, is immediately or instantaneously imparted. This is how to pass from death unto life. Will you like to pass from death unto life? If yes, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God. Come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, and by faith I receive eternal life in my spirit, Amen.

For further enquiries and counseling, write, call, or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

God's Word Is The Only Source Of True Power,therefore Connect With It Today. / If Your Child Ever Asks If You Were A Virgin Before Marriage What Do You Say? / Why God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.