Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? (13688 Views)

5 Pictures That Perfectly Describe Saturdays In A Nigerian Household / Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? / Who Comes First - Husband Or Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by BattaBox: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
VERY interesting responses - wait for the guy in white buba oooo shocked shocked

Who do YOU think is the final decision maker in the home - husband or wife?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sg21cIvNXg
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
Fact is, its the woman.

11 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
the question itself is stupid.... some issues its the husband, others its the wife.

22 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Oyindidi(f): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
Both

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
Some of the answers are ridiculous. Shows a lot about what's wrong with our (family) system.

Who is the best/final decision maker?
"The man" "Me of course, I am the man, I am the head of the house" "my husband" "me, the wife".

WHY?
"Because he is a man"
"Because (the bible says) he is the head of the home"

Just that? If my wife gives me this answer, I won't be impressed.

21 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Nawteemaxie(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
Whoever pays the bills.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by ElPadrino33: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
It should be the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by vickydevoka(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
formally it's the man buh now it's the woman

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by ivolt: 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
Decsions should be jointly made.

16 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by oshe11: 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
If u ask me......

well...

"ASK BUHARI"
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by ivolt: 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
ElPadrino33:
It should be the man

Why?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by 400billionman: 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
The decision maker is.

"My mother said..."

"My Father said..."

"My sister said..."
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by ibkayee(f): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
Both

8 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
Una don come again.

Una no dey Taya? sad

Very stupid question and topic.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
I ask for her opinion.......then I draw my conclusion and make decision.

She can go and look bush if it doesn't favour her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by favourmic(m): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
it can be any body, you know some nah their pastor
some nah their mother inlaw
some nah their father inlaw

but to me who ever pays the home bills
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Xisnin(m): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
Two heads are better than one.

13 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by TheArchangel(f): 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
Whoever brings more money or make more sense.....wtf is wrong with you guys not to figure this out.
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by 2O17: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
The person that can make the right decision at that particular time. cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Donald3d(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
This is why marriages keep failing
Most of the decisions should be jointly made
And even if they are not jointly made ,at least seek the opinion of your PARTNER
It also depends on what is being decided on
Married folks need to start seeing it as PARTNERSHIP and not MONOPOlY or Dictatorship

8 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by cashlurd(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
When it's between a cool headed husband and a troublesome wife, the wife becomes the head.
When it's between a cool headed husband and a cool headed wife... The husband is the head.
When it's between a troublesome husband and a cool headed wife, the husband is the head.

No man prays for the first situation. It can kill!

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by teamsynergy: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Growing up, my dad was as opinionated as my mom..... They r both smart and well, They rocked ma boat

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by piagetskinner(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
who gives a hoot...? as long as the decisons don't turn the home into an Isis battle field

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by basic23111: 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
I make decisions in my house, especially in d mid night game
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by oluwasegun007(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Decision is left to the peson that WINS the bread...lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by PDPGuy: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
They should both make decisions jointly. After all they are united as one, when married.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by DonBobes(m): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
D man is. But wen its a bit complicated u both decide n d man makes d choice n picks d 1 he deems or feels ryt.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by cerowo(f): 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
Both cool
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Duru009(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
70% of decisions are taken by wife

Cos thy are wise decision makers!!

8 Likes

Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by bayocanny: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
gist4real:
Fact is its the woman.
So your mom is the boss, while dad is just a mere spectator.
Re: Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
Both of them interchangeably. But the husband who is the breadwinner has the final say because two captains cannot be in one ship.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.