Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/17 (758 Views)

Do You Think This Is Correct About Romans 10:17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/2022 / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(thur. 26/10/2017) As You Lay Your Bed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/17 by dallyemmy: 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 26TH OCTOBER 2017

THEME: AS YOU LAY YOUR BED!

Memorise:
The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.                                      2 Timothy 2:6

Read: Proverb 27:23-27

27:23 Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.

27:24 For riches are not for ever: and doth the crown endure to every generation?

27:25 The hay appeareth, and the tender grass sheweth itself, and herbs of the mountains are gathered.

27:26 The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.

27:27 And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.

Insincerity is a terrible character flaw that has led to the undoing of different generations of mankind. Take for instance Cain. He had no reason whatsoever not to have known that it was the nature and attitude of his sacrifice that made the Righteous God reject his offering. Furthermore, there was no justifiable reason whatsoever for him to have gone ahead to murder his brother, after he had been told that his wicked intentions were known to the Omniscient God. However, because he was not sincere to himself, he did what he did and he forever lived with its consequences. One dimension of the insincerity of men is manifested when people speak or work against paying a labourer his due wages. If you are one of such people, please know that this character is not a part of God’s nature and His word is against it. In 1 Timothy 5:18, God said:

“...Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.”

Some people envy hardworking colleagues who are being promoted. As it is generally assumed, promotion comes with its responsibilities as well as attendant goodies and benefits. More often than not, people refuse to see the added responsibilities of a hardworking leader; they only see his or her derivable benefits. This attitude is not godly.

There are some valuable lessons on labour and reward which I would like to point out to you today. First, I want you to know that since God has said that He who does not work should not eat, the righteousness of God makes it imperative that he who works must eat, (2 Thessalonians 3:10, 1 Timothy 5:18). Secondly, as you lay your bed, so will you lie on it. The more diligent you are in business, the more comfortable you will be after fulfilling all godly conditions. Thirdly, when you are diligent in your vocation, business or job, you will be promoted to lead, because Proverbs 12:24 says,

“The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.”

The fourth lesson I want you to note is that riches are not forever. However, they can endure on one condition: if you continue to be diligent at your business. The fifth lesson is that God must be factored into whatever you do. Remember that except the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it (Psalms 127:7). This consideration has to do with being faithful in paying tithes, offering, vows and the first fruits of your increase (Malachi 3:10, Psalm 50:14, Proverb 3:9). Beloved, the most needful of all these is that you give your life to Christ and accept the redemption which He used His life to produce for all mankind. It shall be well with you.

Prayer Point:

Father, through the knowledge of Your word and Your Holy spirit, help me to be sincere with Your principles which govern being blessed in this world and the world to come.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Titus 1-3
Philemon 1
Hosea 1          

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.

Refrain:

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honor Thy Word.

Refrain:

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!

Refrain:

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.

Refrain:
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/17 by Ibukunore06: 1:48am On Oct 26, 2017
��� *LET US PRAY* ���

_*THURSDAY, October 26, 2017*_

*PRAYER POINTSkiss _AS YOU LAY YOUR BED!_

1. *THANKSGIVINGS* .

2. *INTERCESSIONS/SUPPLICATIONS.*

3. *PRAYERS FROM OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL:*

----- Father, i thank you because *YOU ARE THE ALMIGHTY GOD.*

*_---- Father, I thank you for saving me and for the salvation of my soul....._*

*_---- Father, I thank you for the grace to be alive, today;......_*

----- *_Father, through the knowledge of Your word and Your Holy spirit, help me to be sincere with Your principles which govern being blessed in this world and the world to come, in Jesus' Name......_*

----- *_Father, please help me to always think and act aright, in Jesus' Name......_*

*_-----Father, please make my life a good role model for others to follow, in Jesus’ Name....._*

----- *_Father, please help me so that my foundation will not be faulty, in Jesus' Name......_*

----- *_Father, from today, please let Your blessings upon my life be on the increase all the days of my life, in Jesus' Name......_*

4. *PERSONAL PRAYERS REQUESTS:*
-- (John 16:23 - 24,
-- LUKE 18:1,
-- MATT 7:7 - 8 )......

---- FATHER, I thank you for the answers, for in *JESUS MIGHTY* Name I have Prayed.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 26/10/17 by dupsai(f): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: (Thursday, October 26, 2017) - AS YOU LAY YOUR BED!

1.Thank you, Father, for the salvation of my soul and for the abundance of your grace, that come with it.

2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus' name.

3.Father, release upon my life the spirit of diligence and of, profitable hard work, in Jesus' name.

4.Father, let every character flaw in my life, and all that concern me, be perfected, to your glory, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, let every spirit of insincerity, in my life, towards myself and others, be consumed by your fire, in Jesus' name.

6.Father, empower me by your grace, never to allow the sweat of any labourer to dry up, before he is paid his wages, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, in addition to being diligence in business, please, help me to fulfill all other godly conditions, that could deny me the fruits of my labours, in Jesus' name.

8.Father, empower me to be faithful in the payment of my tithes, offerings and firstfruits, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, cause everyone denying me the fruits of my labours, to pay them today, in Jesus' name.

10.Father, as a worker in your vineyard, make me the first partaker of the fruits, therein, in accordance with your word, in Jesus' name.

11.Father, through the knowledge of Your word and Your Holy Spirit, help me to be sincere with Your principles which govern being blessed in this world and the world to come, in Jesus' name.

12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

As A Christian This Is Not The Best Place To Hang Out / 26 Powerful Reasons Why Scholars Know Jesus Existed / Able Bodied Men Kneels Down To Welcome Their Pastor In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.