Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery (609 Views)

My Testimony: What GOD Cannot Do, Does Not Exist / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? / Our Mother Is Not A Witch; Children Of Woman "Who Fell From The Sky",Say. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery by FreshGreen: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
WHY CHILDREN OF GOD CANNOT INVOLVE IN BETTING, LOTTO OR LOTTERY

-THOUGH THEY ARE LEGAL BUT THEY ARE ACTS OF COVETOUSNESS

Football betting, lotto or lottery is all about gambling. The word gamble means “to risk something of value on an outcome that depends on chance.” God’s blessing does not depend on chance, when people begin to seek for money by involving in activities like gambling, then there is a demon of covetousness behind that.

Any activity that involves gambling is ungodly because gambling is not part of the system of God, but covetousness which is unduly desire to get money, gain wealth through a short-cut means – a product without process of production. Playing the lottery as a get-rich-quick scheme is statistically futile, and it focuses the lottery player on the temporary riches of this world (see Proverbs 23:5). The fact is, God wants people to earn their money honestly by working hard: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat” (2 Thessalonians 3:10). We ought to gain wealth through diligence, as a gift from the Lord: “Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth” (Proverbs 10:4).

Gamblers, including players of the lottery, typically covet money and the things that money can buy. God forbids covetousness.

RTEM: rtemoutreach.org
Re: Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery by Uchan4u(m): 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
You are on point, a lot guys that do it don't really see it this way. Greed and covetousness lead people into gambling and betting
Re: Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery by Merryglad(f): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
I dont play lotto but who said lotto is not a hard work?
Re: Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
while paying tithe is just the same as playing the Lottery, some people are looking down on gamble, bwaaaaah! highly laughable!
Re: Why Children Of God Cannot Involve In Betting, Lotto Or Lottery by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
Merryglad:
I dont play lotto but who said lotto is not a hard work?

It's not ,trust me..

(1) (Reply)

Fg, Declare Friday December 1st Public Holiday / Chris Oyakhilome's Shadow Slays A Pastor & Usher As He Demonstrates Power(video) / My Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.