Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

England Through To Yet Another Youth Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Through To Yet Another Youth Final (990 Views)

Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS / Tammy Abraham 'chooses To Play For Nigeria Over England' / Jese Rodriguez Is Proving Himself In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by P0intBlank(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
Brazil U-17 1 England U17 3: Rhian Brewster hat-trick sends Three Lions to the Finals

A second international hat-trick in two games for Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster sent England Under-17s to the World Cup final as they beat Brazil 3-1 in Kolkota on Wednesday to continue an astonishing run of English success at youth level.

Steve Cooper’s side held off their talented rivals in hot, humid conditions to reach Saturday’s final, where they can emulate the achievements of the World Cup winning England Under-20s and Euro 2017 Under-19s champions by beating one of Mali or Spain.

Brewster’s goals made the difference and individuals impressed - none more so than Man City’s Phil Foden, who displayed the kind of positional awareness and technique so rarely seen by those wearing the heavy white shirt of senior level - but most of all, this was an excellent team performance.

It's the first time this age group has ever made the World Cup final. What an achievement for Steve Cooper and his team. And the strangest thing? They genuinely deserve to be there on merit. The football on display was a beauty to behold. Whatever has happened to English football at youth level, it is something very special indeed

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/25/england-vs-brazil-17-world-cup-semi-final-2017-live-score-updates/

View highlights -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFyndnN5SiI

Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Johnflowey1738(f): 5:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
That's where it will end they won't break into the senior team undecided
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by P0intBlank(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Johnflowey1738:
That's where it will end they won't break into the senior team
undecided

You can't be so sure. They've never had it this good at this level. This level is usually dominated by Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Africa. There's something they are doing right and the impact will be seen in the near future.

1 Like

Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Johnflowey1738(f): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
P0intBlank:

You can't be so sure. They've never had it this good at this level. This level is usually dominated by Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Africa. There's something they are doing right and the impact will be seen in the near future.
OK
I see
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
P0intBlank:

Yinmu
With all the finals, their national team no dey pass R-16 for major tournament. Overhyped people
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

Yinmu
With all the finals, their national team no dey pass R-16 for major tournament. Overhyped people
Your nigeria That loves claiming champions of Africa,have they ever reached quarter finals!!!!!Before you diss outsiders,look inward and make sure yours is fault free!!!

1 Like

Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
useless bunch....when was the last time they've reached the final of a major senior tournament?!
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Your nigeria That loves claiming champions of Africa,have they ever reached quarter finals!!!!!Before you diss outsiders,look inward and make sure yours is fault free!!!
Who talked about Nigeria
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

Who talked about Nigeria
Then don’t criticize other countries doing great......
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Biodun37: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Then don’t criticize other countries doing great......
NIGERIA my country hold the best record in that tournament with not less than 3 crown s out of many finals appearances.
Check ur record well before condemnation of your own nation.
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by kenturkish(m): 7:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
People saying that they haven't done well @ senior level are way off the mark. The point is by the time this bunch of young lads come of age, England would have one hell of a team.

1 Like

Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by P0intBlank(m): 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

Yinmu

They've never been to finals of FIFA U-17 & U-20 in the past so I don't understand what you're saying. If they win U-17 world championship (in addition to U-20 won earlier), it would mean England have the best young teams in the world. Don't you suppose they have a bright future ahead; when you consider these players are genuinely young and not like some African countries.

You assertion is so wrong. England has gotten to R-8 on numerous occasions.
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2017
Biodun37:

NIGERIA my country hold the best record in that tournament with not less than 3 crown s out of many finals appearances.
when I talk sport,I don’t act biased!!!i don’t ridicule other countries all because I am a Nigerian....You guys have gone to the World Cup severally,what did you bring home?even Senegal went far on their 1st attempt
Re: England Through To Yet Another Youth Final by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Biodun37:

Did you watch the finale!!!i waited this long just to make you understand that (I get am before,no be property)wake up,I believe you are young!!!most poor families started same way young think....always think positive else you will be running after riches instead of otherwise

(1) (Reply)

Ultimatebettips.com Legit Or Scam? / Wigan To Probe Post-match Trouble As Sergio Aguero Clashes With Fans / Pogba Put Kanté To Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.