Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? (24309 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / Bumps On The Neck @ The Back Of The Head (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by mints: 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2010
Do anybody know how to cure kiloid at the back of the head or neck?
Suggestion and success stories is welcomed.

Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by MCLOVIN: 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2010
Keloids in this area ususally occur in men with subcutaneous folds of fat in the upper neck at the back of the head. Repeated visits to the barber who usually 'skins' that area causes the hair to regrow into and in-between the folds rather than growing out normally. This results in the skin becoming irritated and after a while the skin begins to treat the ingrown hair as a foreign body. the hypersensitivity reaction causes an abnormal build up of collagen and fibrous tissue to form, hence a keloid develops.
injections of Triamcinolone (steroids) may help shrink it but not permenently, they always seem to return in afew months.
Surgery isnt advisable either as it leaves a nasty scar and it can regrow again.
Silicone bandages could help. But not available in this country.
You could also 'zap' the keloid with a scar reducing and healing frequencies. You can do it yourself at home. Its available here and you begin to see results in 10 days.
In future, i would advise you not to cut the hair in that area to skin level. A 'brother johnson' cut would suit you from now on.
Get in touch if you need more info on the zapper.
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^^
I think you're talking about "barbers rash".

Keloid is a hard skin that forms when there is a deep cut in the body.
It is common amongst the black race.

It can only be cured through skin grafting and maybe laser surgery.
Some creams claim to cure keloid but it's all hogwash.
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by MCLOVIN: 4:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
I cant see the photo on this browser. But im sure the OP knows the difference between a keloid and the self limiting maculo papular barbers rash. At least I hope he does. . .
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^^
Are you a qualified doc?
You seem to know your stuff.
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by MCLOVIN: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
Im a General practitioner (Family Medicine).
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 17, 2010
I see.
Keep the good work up.
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by mints: 9:49am On Mar 22, 2010
@mclovin,
Please how do i get the zapper as you have adviced.I am still waiting for comments on how this kiloid was cured or managed.
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by MCLOVIN: 10:51am On Mar 22, 2010
The keloid was probably managed with repeated intra-dermal injections of triamcinolone , a steroid.
However, we cant say that this keloid never returned. Its very common to have a re growth after a long break from injections.
Quite a few black men in the UK have this condition, they were all at one time treated with steroids but re grew the keloid later. They usually dont want to resume injecting because it is quite a painful procedure.
You can get the files for zapping which run off windows OS from me.
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by petawilson: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2011
Dear All Keloids Sufferers Out There,

Good News!

At last there's a hope for a cure for us. There's a definite prevention of new ones forming but complete cure, I'm still monitoring. Just check this site.
https://sites.google.com/site/keloidcurefinally

I came across it one of those sleepless nights and esp. the balm is preventing new ones from developing. So far tried on 2 pimples, one on my back and the other on the side of my left upper arm. Just knew if I leave these alone, they'll form into keloids like those on my chest and back. So I just apply this balm over clean skin on these new pimples as instructed and amazingly as described, the pimples didn't formed and disappeared after 4th day. Now, I'm saving from buying games to try and pay for the capsules since I've a formed keloid on my chest and 2 on my back. If anyone out there happened to buy the capsules and they work, please advised me.
Good luck to all.
Wilson Peta from Singapore
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by kunle2014: 4:03am On Nov 27, 2014
Dear Sufferers of Bumps,

A permanent cure for bumps is at hand in Kaduna. Though not yet commercialized till next year hopefully. Research is concluded - medication tested on some bumps sufferers over a year ago, indeed very effective and never re-occurred.

The researcher is a highly sincere person, a moralist, who never tells lies to make money. He has actually vowed to return any money paid by a sufferer who experiences no cure at the end of the day; but that is in normal circumstance.

I shall keep you guys posted.

Good Morning.

1 Like

Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by drjekoyemi: 1:33am On Aug 23, 2015
i need help. i have this black growth at the back of my neck. i have visited the hospital and still the same--- it was growing sometims back, but now, its just black patches. that is left.. how do i get to remove it pls??

help me
Re: Is Their Cure For Kiloid At The Back Of The Head Or Neck? by appyola(f): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
[quote author=drjekoyemi post=37237811]i need help. i have this black growth at the back of my neck. i have visited the hospital and still the same--- it was growing sometims back, but now, its just black patches. that is left.. how do i get to remove it pls??

help me[/quote
If u still need a cure,call 07035624324

(1) (Reply)

Reliability and Availability Of HIV Treatment In Nigeria / Bauchi: Illegal Abortions Responsible For Mysterious Deaths In Azare / How A Nairalander Saved My Pregnant And Dying Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.