Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City (13269 Views)

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / Claude Makelele Has No Time For Paul Pogba’s Goal Celebrations. (check Picture B / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by TrapHedges(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Claude Puel is to take charge at Leicester
Claude Puel has been named the new manager of Leicester and the former Southampton boss has agreed a contract which runs until June 2020.
The 2015/16 Premier League champions have moved quickly to replace Craig Shakespeare, who was fired last week after a 1-1 draw with West Brom continued Leicester's faltering start to the season.
The Foxes have subsequently been guided to a League win over Swansea and a Carabao Cup victory over Leeds by caretaker boss Michael Appleton, who will continue in his role as assistant manager.
He will work under the experienced Frenchman Puel, who has previously managed Lyon and Monaco, and steered Southampton to an eighth-place finish and an EFL Cup final last term, before he was dismissed at the end of the season.
Puel said: "It's a great privilege to become the new manager of Leicester City - a club whose values and ambitions are closely aligned to my own.
"The opportunity to help the club build on its remarkable recent achievements is a truly exciting one and I'm looking forward to working with the owners, players, staff and supporters to deliver further lasting success."
And Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: "When we began the process of identifying a new manager, the board quickly established the profile of candidate we needed to take the Club forward and Claude Puel was a perfect fit.
Puel was sacked after just a season in
Puel was sacked after just a season in charge at Southampton despite an eighth-place finish and a Cup final appearance
"Upon meeting Claude, his attention to detail, knowledge of our squad, understanding of our potential and his vision to help us realise it were extremely impressive.
"He quickly emerged as the outstanding candidate and I am delighted we will have the opportunity to reinforce our long-term vision, aided significantly by his expertise."
Puel, 56, finds himself back in the Premier League just 133 days after losing his Southampton job.
Leicester are 14th in the table after Saturday's win and the new man's first game in charge will be Sunday's home game with Everton

source : http://www.nemezu.com/2017/10/claude-puel-appointed-as-new-leicester.html

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Olesekeniwoye(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Second FP today

6 Likes

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by levi2(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Okay o!
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by 9jvirgin(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
It confuses me how Wenger still has a job.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by clems88(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
cheesy oga beta perform if not in next 2 month you shall be fired

1 Like

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by netbeans1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
These guys are just changing coaches anyhow undecided
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by LEXYCOM: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
;Dh
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by YomzzyDBlogger: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by EvilMetahuman: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
As long as he beats manyoonited, he has my support.
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by josielewa(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
am praying for him to win the league.....lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by MrBONE2(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
After the Fairy tales of Shakespeare comes the puel's Poem grin

2 Likes

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2017
THis Plot is for sale.
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Tobiplusglory16: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2017
Make una tell the man to tight him bet well o
Bcoz, the fear of BPL is t d beginning of wisdom o
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by shaibolo(m): 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, Kelechi will have more playing time under the new coach.
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Foodforthought: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
I blame Buhari
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by MrGreenMavro: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
j
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by MrGreenMavro: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
Foodforthought:
I blame Buhari
I blame who blame Buhari
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Edenoscar2(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
9jvirgin:
Year 2048

Arsenal after missing out on the premier league yet again,coach of arsenal 'arsene wenger' asks club management to renew his contract to 5yrs and vows to win the league the next season

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by kings09(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
If na buhari, na 80year old him for appoint
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by royalamour(m): 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
I hope this one will give Iheanacho more playing time.
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by emma321(m): 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Preciousojoka(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
Good. He's a good coach.

Meanwhile, check my signature and enjoy
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations....
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Duru009(m): 12:12am On Oct 26, 2017
9jvirgin:

Wenger has been doing well....

Always consistent!!
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 26, 2017
9jvirgin:
Arsenal is not like other clubs.
Re: Claude Puel Appointed As New Manager Of Leicester City by Habiodunz(m): 7:09am On Oct 26, 2017
Ancelloti is there they're are appointing Jean Claude Van Damme's brother undecided

(1) (Reply)

CAF Reveal Final Five For African Footballer Of The Year- Mikel Obi Missing! / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ / World Cup: Mexico Vs Sweden - 0 - 3 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.