Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (345727 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by smokey12345: 4:40am On Jan 01, 2019
can you give the name of a school one can apply for in the carribean
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
lionlee216:
Thanks to you all. I appreciate.

Leaving Nigeria wasnt an easy decision. I got my Visa on the third attempt. If dressing is a criteria for issuing Visa, I would be denied that day. God bless lagosismyhome, She reviewed my mock Visa interview Transcript and every question came out with already prepared answers.

I flew Turkish airline, reported to school and left 6 months after due to financial reasons but that is not what I'm discussing here for now.

I found myself in Ohio thinking about the next phase of life.. I was out of status and going back home is NO. I have to move forward. I was fortunate to live white neighborhood and where white see no reason not to date a black guy and never experienced racism, so I blended in quickly.

Cool, crazy women have all come my way but I never let the pressure of regularizing my stay took advantage of me or else I would have entered into the wrong marriage.

Let me say your Host determines how far you go in life. My host tried his best but as a "guy" that I am, I dont take advice from people who has not been in my situation before. He came here through dv lottery, I came with F1.. The contant threat of Trump never got to me because I was rest assured police will never stop me to ask for my immigration status but I am focused and I gave myself a time frame to get my situation fixed.

Long story short, I found myself in Chicago through marriage and the rest was history today..

I read on a thread that if you are a lizard in Nigeria, You cant turn to a lion in America. Well, different stories for different people. I'm not a lion in america but I'm nowhere a lizard.

When I log into my Nigeria bank accounts, the smile will just come. You can imagine looking at your account balance and smiling.

My friends says I dont wear roca wears, designer clothes but hey, I'm comfortable with my oldnavy wears. He said I dont dress flashy. Well, i am not in America to use my dressing to impress people. I'm comfortable with my causal wear. Keep living American dream through designer wears while you eat $3 burgers while I dress casual and eat nice African food while smiling to the banks..

The woman that prepares my local/Nigeria food came in 3 years ago with her husband and they just bought their house(Cash). Im not sure if Husband is legal but wife is not. They came in 2016.

If you are a lizard in Nigeria and you are not lazy, You will surely make it in America. Hard work pays in America.

Dont surround yourself with people with negative mind, no ambition. I move with people that has vision as me and I'm more of a listener than talker.

I am not where I'm going but I'm not where I used to be. Truthfully, if I am in Nigeria, i wont even have this kind of comfort but to God be the Glory.

I had been dreaming of walking in the street of America since university days but here I am today.

I had never turn people down here no matter their immigration status. I had always helped in the little way I can and I will still helping because who accommodated and fed me in Ohio never knew my parents yet he helped me with no money given to him.

Next trip is Mexico, Canada then Nigeria. God help me

If you can dream it, You can achieve it and You will achieve it.

This is just to encourage someone to be focused and determined.
I tap into this your testimony this 2019, Good willing am leaving this ShitHole!! grin

Ameen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 02, 2019
HELLO GUYS, QUICK QUESTION HAS ANYONE HERE DONE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS AFTER FALLING OF STATUS UNDER F1VISA. Any info would be helpful
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 02, 2019
lionlee216:

Leaving Nigeria wasnt an easy decision. I got my Visa on the third attempt. If dressing is a criteria for issuing Visa, I would be denied that day. God bless lagosismyhome, She reviewed my mock Visa interview Transcript and every question came out with already prepared answers.

I flew Turkish airline, reported to school and left 6 months after due to financial reasons but that is not what I'm discussing here for now.

I found myself in Ohio thinking about the next phase of life.. I was out of status and going back home is NO. I have to move forward. I was fortunate to live white neighborhood and where white see no reason not to date a black guy and never experienced racism, so I blended in quickly.

Cool, crazy women have all come my way but I never let the pressure of regularizing my stay took advantage of me or else I would have entered into the wrong marriage.

Let me say your Host determines how far you go in life. My host tried his best but as a "guy" that I am, I dont take advice from people who has not been in my situation before. He came here through dv lottery, I came with F1.. The contant threat of Trump never got to me because I was rest assured police will never stop me to ask for my immigration status but I am focused and I gave myself a time frame to get my situation fixed.

Long story short, I found myself in Chicago through marriage and the rest was history today..

I read on a thread that if you are a lizard in Nigeria, You cant turn to a lion in America. Well, different stories for different people. I'm not a lion in america but I'm nowhere a lizard.

When I log into my Nigeria bank accounts, the smile will just come. You can imagine looking at your account balance and smiling.

My friends says I dont wear roca wears, designer clothes but hey, I'm comfortable with my oldnavy wears. He said I dont dress flashy. Well, i am not in America to use my dressing to impress people. I'm comfortable with my causal wear. Keep living American dream through designer wears while you eat $3 burgers while I dress casual and eat nice African food while smiling to the banks..

The woman that prepares my local/Nigeria food came in 3 years ago with her husband and they just bought their house(Cash). Im not sure if Husband is legal but wife is not. They came in 2016.

If you are a lizard in Nigeria and you are not lazy, You will surely make it in America. Hard work pays in America.

Dont surround yourself with people with negative mind, no ambition. I move with people that has vision as me and I'm more of a listener than talker.

I am not where I'm going but I'm not where I used to be. Truthfully, if I am in Nigeria, i wont even have this kind of comfort but to God be the Glory.

I had been dreaming of walking in the street of America since university days but here I am today.

I had never turn people down here no matter their immigration status. I had always helped in the little way I can and I will still helping because who accommodated and fed me in Ohio never knew my parents yet he helped me with no money given to him.

HELLO SIR! I PM’D YOU! PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAIL. Thank you ��.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2019
chuksproxy:
HELLO SIR! I PM’D YOU! PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAIL. Thank you ��.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2019
lionlee216:

Just email soyedele119@gmail.com
okay thank you, will do asap
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by SaintHilary(m): 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
lionlee216:

This got me thinking real hard

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by NumeroUno7(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]Next trip is Mexico, Canada then Nigeria. God help me

Congratulations bro... If you enter Canada please share photos of Canada on this thread
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samuel19222(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2019
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congrats bro, when are you resuming pick up?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 2:16am On Jan 08, 2019
BlowJobs:

Thank you brother.

How was your interview
welcome back bro
Happy new year to you and everyone on this thread.......
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 2:17am On Jan 08, 2019
lionlee216:

Mehn na interogation but God is good...

Tell us something about life..

Congratulations bro
I wish you more success in life IJN
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2019
wow!! Finally i don reach. From page 1 to page 101 in one and a half day. Pheeew! Oga blowjobs weldone oh. Inspiring piece you have, writing skills you gat! More blessings to u!

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by callnwman: 10:55am On Jan 13, 2019
Pleases did anyone recently changed or adjusted his/her visa status from B1/B2 tourist visa to either green card or F1 student visa since 2018 or since trump became president? Please share your experience on how it went. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by cassey14(f): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
chuksproxy:
HELLO GUYS, QUICK QUESTION HAS ANYONE HERE DONE ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS AFTER FALLING OF STATUS UNDER F1VISA. Any info would be helpful

I've been looking for a thread like this for days. There appears to be none.
Do you want to get reinstated to F1 or file AOS under a different category?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dutch2(m): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
[quote author=lionlee216 post=74314949]
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by YungJo207(m): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2019
So this thread still dey alive wow...I salute everybody even oga bjs I know him been do ghost mode thread come dull...anyways y'all keep your head up.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by gbaby4live: 10:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
cassey14:

Cassey, you just disappeared like that
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Flashvirus: 12:46am On Feb 19, 2019
@lionlee please I have a question about immigrant I don't know how to pm please quote me if u see this or any other peep that know more about immigration
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by voraz(m): 9:23pm On Feb 27, 2019
Oga BlowJobs, it's been a while.
Mrs K outta be heavy now.... Safe delivery to her in whatever country you've decided on cheesy
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 5:16am On Feb 28, 2019
Time has wings. I remember the first time I stumbled into this thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by AdetonaDami(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2019
Please anyone knows something about ACAWE "American Camp And Work Experience" for J1 visa ?

I need more info on this pls
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by spankyflex(m): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
AdetonaDami:
Please anyone knows something about ACAWE "American Camp And Work Experience" for J1 visa ?

I need more info on this pls
hey,am on it too, the final section is tasking.Howfar have you gone?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by AdetonaDami(m): 6:17am On Mar 10, 2019
spankyflex:
hey,am on it too, the final section is tasking.Howfar have you gone?

Just opened an account with them...my first time. I have not gone far at all.
Is this your first time? And do you know someone who it worked for cos I'll need enlightenment on this.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by spankyflex(m): 1:25pm On Mar 10, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Just opened an account with them...my first time. I have not gone far at all.
Is this your first time? And do you know someone who it worked for cos I'll need enlightenment on this.
its my first time, don't know anyone who have worked there. just giving it a try.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by AdetonaDami(m): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
spankyflex:
its my first time, don't know anyone who have worked there. just giving it a try.

Hmmm I see...
What's your qualification?...
I've read about the program tho and its a J visa.
Its for summer work and favours student just going for summer work from my reading
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by mayowa94: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
please which option is the best for student in China J1 or B1 visa?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by spankyflex(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
AdetonaDami:

Hmmm I see...
What's your qualification?...
I've read about the program tho and its a J visa.
Its for summer work and favours student just going for summer work from my reading
its also favours peeps with experience working with children in a camp setting.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Schwartz: 11:02am On Mar 12, 2019
Please i have a question,
A friend is married to a US citizen. Her husband filed for her to come over. Due to marriage she will be a citizen. The plan is to file for her parents to join her. After which she or her parents will file for her siblings to come to the US. Some of which are married and well into their 30s.
Question is: how can her parents get citizenship by virtue of thier daughter being one? Is it even possible?
Also can she or her parents file for the rest of the siblings?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Timi1990(m): 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
Schwartz:
A friend is married to a US citizen. Her husband filed for her to come over. Due to marriage she will be a citizen. The plan is to file for her parents to join her. After which she or her parents will file for her siblings to come to the US. Some of which are married and well into their 30s.
Question is: how can her parents get citizenship by virtue of thier daughter being one? Is it even possible?

It's possible but it's takes time and doesn't come with ease . Because she's a citizen doesn't mean she'll invite her parent tomorrow and govt go carry citizenship go give them for house the third day . They have to spend a particular number of days in the USA as resident before they can even be able to apply for citizenship.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taal17: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
Schwartz:

What she has by marriage is a RESIDENCY card not a US PASSPORT that would make her a citizen. She still needs to meet the requirements of citizenship before getting a US passport. That can take a couple of years. Its when she gets that she can apply for parents and siblings and even that would take 2-15 years ( the shorter time being for parents whilst siblings up to 15years)

So its a YES to your questions
Search US FAMILY BASED MIGRATION
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 15, 2019
PM ME PLEASE!
cassey14:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oakbend16: 9:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Hello friends I need your inputs please.

My sister is married to a USC and there went for the GC interview 2 weeks ago, they were told to come back with DNA report proving that their 1 year old son is their legitimate child and evidence of their marriage (they already tendered their marriage license)

So friends what other documentary evidence can they submit to prove genuineness of their marriage?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.