Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (345570 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Akintunde22: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2020
Akintunde22:
Pls I will like to pm you

quote author=Activedreamer post=88415559]
Thanks a lot.
I will create a thread soon.

..May all that your heart desire be yours. Dream it. See it. Work it.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2020
Activedreamer:

Thanks a lot.
I will create a thread soon.

..May all that your heart desire be yours. Dream it. See it. Work it.
Amennnnn.
Havenyou thought about joining the military?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by slashthroat: 9:59am On Apr 14, 2020
Activedreamer:

It was B1/B2..
I didn't get my permit 7 months of getting into the US. The process of applying for change of status took a total of 7 months .
I have been in the US for 1 year now

I smell lies. You cannot have a green card in your hand within 7 months not possible.
Which SC did you file at and what city are you resident in?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2020
slashthroat:

I smell lies. You cannot have a green card in your hand within 7 months not possible.

Oga he said the process took 7 months, he’s been in the US for a year now.
And my friend got her GC withing 1 year of living in the US, not hearsay.
Currently in the Navy and still training. She left for the US August 2018, her blue passport would be arriving in dec if the pandemic don’t slow things down.
So no be today, if you work hard and smart, with God’s grace you can get things done quicker than you can imagine.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by slashthroat: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2020
Jaycew:

You have no idea what i am talking about.
Shift go corner make him respond himself
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 10:11am On Apr 14, 2020
slashthroat:

You have no idea what i am talking about.
Shift go corner make him respond himself

Oh okay
Sorry

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by slashthroat: 10:18am On Apr 14, 2020
Jaycew:

Currently in the Navy and still training. She left for the US August 2018, her blue passport would be arriving in dec if the pandemic don’t slow things down.
So no be today, if you work hard and smart, with God’s grace you can get things done quicker than you can imagine.

Just curious when did she have the green card in her hand?
When did she apply to join the navy? When was she listed?

There are statutory timelines that guide path to citizenship. Answer this question and we can talk further.

I meant no disrespect
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2020
slashthroat:

Just curious when did she have the green card in her hand?
When did she apply to join the navy? When was she listed?

There are statutory timelines that guide path to citizenship. Answer this question and we can talk further.

I meant no disrespect

She was sworn in on the 3rd of March. That’s only the info I can give.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jaycew:

What is working hard and smart got to do with immigration that has procedures and timelines??.
Your friend joined the military and immigration procedure is expedited,so there's nothing strange here but the same can't be said about someone who isn't going through military route.
Even trump administration has increased the timeline and widened the processes for the military services.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nig4Greatness:

What is working hard and smart got to do with immigration that has procedures and timelines??.
Your friend joined the military and immigration procedure is expedited,so there's nothing strange here but the same can't be said about someone who isn't going through military route.
Even trump administration has increased the timeline and widened the processes for the military services.

I was talking about the GC
Remember she has to be a permanent resident to be able to join the military, I only mentioned that as a stress. And you’re missing the point, which is she got her papers within a year...
If you’re going to misunderstand me again. Kindly do not quote me. Thanks.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by slashthroat: 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jaycew:

She was sworn in on the 3rd of March. That’s only the info I can give.

Sworn into what? Took the oath of allegiance?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
slashthroat:

Sworn into what? Took the oath of allegiance?
I guess that’s what it’s called
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Sparrow0: 7:23pm On Apr 14, 2020
Activedreamer:

It was B1/B2..
I didn't get my permit 7 months of getting into the US. The process of applying for change of status took a total of 7 months .
Wow. First off, congrats again
Adjusting status from a B1/B2 in the US is really a rare case, I'm glad yours was successful.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by slashthroat: 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jaycew:

I guess that’s what it’s called

USCIS started conducting skeletal oath ceremonies March 1st until Social distancing was implemented on the 18th
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Jaycew(f): 8:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
slashthroat:

USCIS started conducting skeletal oath ceremonies March 1st until Social distancing was implemented on the 18th
I said she took her oath 1st week in March. What’s your point please?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by overseasnbeyond: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
Activedreamer:

It was B1/B2..
Absolutely possible base on you processing office and your previous record .Life is not same for everybody, Congratulations.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 15, 2020
Guys, take it easy with the lies ok. Do you realize you have to be in the military for at least 1 year before you qualify for a citizenship? And to the best of my knowledge, military recruitment and basic training take at least 6 months on the average. And that's already about 1 year and 6 months already. N400 application takes at least 6 months minimum if you SC is that very fast, and that's 2 years in total. And whomever said he got his or her GC within 7 months after application must be related to Lai Mohamed grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Activedreamer: 5:11am On Apr 15, 2020
slashthroat:

Which SC did you file at and what city are you resident in?
This one think I have time to be on here exchanging words and arguing over shit'ty issues.
Who are you again? Why should I give you those details you asked for?
Keep smelling lies.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Snipespeter: 5:15am On Apr 15, 2020
Activedreamer:

This one think I have time to be on here exchanging words and arguing over shit'ty issues.
Who are you again? Why should I give you those details you asked for?
Keep smelling lies.

You mustn't respond to anything anybody says... that's there opinion... please can I send you an email?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Activedreamer: 5:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Jaycew:

Amennnnn.
Havenyou thought about joining the military?
No. I don't have to and don't want to.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Activedreamer: 5:19am On Apr 15, 2020
Snipespeter:

You mustn't respond to anything anybody says... that's there opinion... please can I send you an email?
I don't remember the email I used to open this account.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Activedreamer: 5:24am On Apr 15, 2020
Sparrow0:

Adjusting status from a B1/B2 in the US is really a rare case, I'm glad yours was successful.
Thanks a lot. I think it's faster when you are married to a white. My interview that took me sleepless nights to prepare for was a walk over.

They only asked us questions related to what we filled in the forms. In the end, I was like 'is this this the interview '?
2 weeks after the interview,I got my card.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 2:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
Jaycew:

Remember she has to be a permanent resident to be able to join the military, I only mentioned that as a stress. And you’re missing the point, which is she got her papers within a year...

And who are you not to be misunderstood?.especially when you misrepresented facts.
I ask again, what does working hard and smart got to do with immigration??.
That's my bone of contention.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nig4Greatness:

And who are you not to be misunderstood?.especially when you misrepresented facts.
I ask again, what does working hard and smart got to do with immigration??.
That's my bone of contention.

Nothing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Firefox01: 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
lionlee216:

Nothing!
Big man. Please update us with more of your adventures on your thread. Looking forward to reading from you.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Firefox01: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
I also hope BlowJobs is good wherever he is.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by klawaaa: 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
what means are people using to get the Green card? Thanks
Jaycew:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Sparrow0: 7:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Activedreamer:

Thanks a lot. I think it's faster when you are married to a white. My interview that took me sleepless nights to prepare for was a walk over.

They only asked us questions related to what we filled in the forms. In the end, I was like 'is this this the interview '?
2 weeks after the interview,I got my card.
Oh I see....that's great
Better link me up with one babe for there before I expose your secret to your wife that you ordered one bag of fufu from Nigeria grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
overseasnbeyond:

Absolutely possible base on you processing office and your previous record .Life is not same for everybody, Congratulations.
Baba nla abeg
Help me find one babe for Maryland there
Konji can't keep up no more grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Akintunde22: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Sparrow0:

I will really like (activedreamerl) to shed more light on that, I mean adjusting b1b2 visa in d US, thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Akintunde22: 8:33am On Apr 16, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Baba nla abeg
Help me find one babe for Maryland there
Konji can't keep up no more grin

Abi ooo, make the guy help us reason one sure babe ooookk

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.