Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346107 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
Last for now

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
So i picked up snow shoveling yesterday 25$ an hour.
Today, i no do again. So next snow storm and the guy calls, i just tell him, i'm good.

That thing no easy o. Make cold no kill me. I am not that desperate for money.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bwahahahaha.. U see cash dey run again.. That guy with B1/B2 no go mind oh.
BlowJobs:
So i picked up snow shoveling yesterday 25$ an hour.
Today, i no do again. So next snkw storm and the guy calls, i just tell him, i'm good.

That thing no easy o. Make cold no kill me. I am not that desperate for money.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

Your attitude is why you are leaving Nigeria frustrated. Zero respect for law and order. I'm surprised you cannot see the irony.

How do you intend to work and "stabilize" on a B2 visa?
The owner of America is asking how i intend to work & stabilize. How is that your business,sir? Na you give me visa? Abi you buy me ticket?
Yeah, I have zero respect for law & order, and I'm
leaving Nigeria a frustrated man.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2017
I noticed we are discussing about taking bath 2-3 times a week grin.
let me also go off TOPIC!

what am yet to understand is those nigerians who copy them Oyinbos taking their Bath without Sponge grin
for ma mind I will be like for this country wey dust full everywhere diff kinda things de follow air come Gum body but some people go come de compare am with yankee wey their Air are less polluted grin grin
the funniest part they go come even de follow person argue say Bathing with sponge no get use because oyinbo man no de bath with sponge. grin grin grin

NB: Am not saying bathing with sponge is a Most, but to those taking their bath in nigeria should have a rethink!!!

8 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
richricco:
I got my visa (B1). Moving to the US by March..I do not know anyone there,but trust me,I'm gon pull through. It will be difficult at first...but I give myself 3 months & I will stabilize. All he 'holier than thous' should not come here and tell me how people like me give an already useless country a bad name. I'm not relocating to do crime,but to work.. And work I shall..legal or not.

I don suffer enough for 9ja. Putting in so much work & still can't afford my basics. What kind of hopeless life is that?

Thanks BJ for being so open & truthful. Someday,I'm gon remind & probably send you gifts for being so real.
Pls, do you think $2k will be enough to start off? Any advice you can give me?

You are not smiling at all..

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
richricco:

The owner of America is asking how i intend to work & stabilize. How is that your business,sir? Na you give me visa? Abi you buy me ticket?
Yeah, I have zero respect for law & order, and I'm
leaving Nigeria a frustrated man.

You remind me of the topic currently on the front page - the Nigerian who just got deported from India (of all places) after 6 years living illegally and who is now writing letters soliciting funds to fly his family back home. I would bet he was warned about the step he was taking at that time... i can imagine he also told those who warned him that it was not their business... Good luck with the silly shortsighted attitude.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
i missed BJs post prior to his return now.. I'm so ashame of my country and the patriotism which we all have before is now declining... it pained me to see people wanting to leave but I can't blame them for their decisions because destinies, dreams and talents are destroyed here and the earlier the better one leaves this country..thanks to all who are making this thread a success...I will also make it there someday soon...by the Grace of God...

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 2:02am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

You remind me of the topic currently on the front page - the Nigerian who just got deported from India (of all places) after 6 years living illegally and who is now writing letters soliciting funds to fly his family back home. I would bet he was warned about the step he was taking at that time... i can imagine he also told those who warned him that it was not their business... Good luck with the silly shortsighted attitude.

You know Nigerians are smart than that. If Nigerians are given a chance to pick btw US Visa and India Visa, You know which one we will choose.

My Question is ; For over 12 years you have been living in US, who do you know personally that was deported because he/she was illegal and didnt commit a crime? Pls answer truthfully.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 2:09am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

I'm not sure what "solution" you're expecting? How to beat the system maybe? Lets cycle back in 10 years and see where you ended up.

Ten years, His story will change positively!

That is the bitter truth! I am not encouraging fraud. A person is frustrated and his mind is made up and no matter what you say wont change his mind.

Him abusing his visa should not be our concern. let USCIS be the judge whenever he wants to adjust status.

@richricco, God Bless your hustle and dont forget to get TWoods some agbo Jedi and Dried Fish from Nigeria. He lives in NJ grin grin

Your hustle will end in praise

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 2:09am On Dec 11, 2017
@Lionlee216...God bless you
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 2:10am On Dec 11, 2017
nastyd:
God bless you

Welcome to America and what did you bring for home boys?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 2:44am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

Welcome to America and what did you bring for home boys?

Lol.....how u take knw sef. These Chicago pple ehn. Home boys gallant already, i need not bring anything.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 2:48am On Dec 11, 2017
nastyd:

Lol.....how u take knw sef.
These Chicago pple ehn.
Home boys gallant already, i need not bring anything.

Your 9 days vacation never complete? grin shocked cheesy

Enjoy your stay joor. Nothing do u
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 2:54am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

Ten years, His story will change positively!

That is the bitter truth! I am not encouraging fraud. A person is frustrated and his mind is made up and no matter what you say wont change his mind.

Him abusing his visa should not be our concern. let USCIS be the judge whenever he wants to adjust status.

@richricco, God Bless your hustle and dont forget to get TWoods some agbo Jedi and Dried Fish from Nigeria. He lives in NJ grin grin

Your hustle will end in praise

Actually it should be our concern. This attitude is why our country is to the point where you and i and the OP are frustrated. Nothing is our concern. Obeying laws is not our concern, following rules is not our concern, people doing their jobs as they should is not our concern, fraud isn't our concern, government isn't our concern, corruption isn't our concern... and we're surprised that the nation is an incompetent jungle that cannot offer us anything. Yet here we are, lining up for visas to countries where all these are the concern of the average citizen. It's a shame how incoherent we truly are.

Thanks to his lies... we can expect even more difficult visa screenings for those coming behind us. But of course why should we care? Afterall we've got ours, screw everyone else. That is exactly how our government treats us, they've got theirs, screw us. We are one of the most selfish, myopic and self-destructive folks i have ever seen. The capacity for self introspection seems to be something missing in our genetic make up.

Sure you're not encouraging fraud... but "God" should bless his hustle. I wonder which "god" you're speaking about. Surely it can't be the same God who wrote Romans 13. lol a hustle that began in fraud will end in "praise"... i wonder what they teach in church these days. I no longer recognize this "God" of which you speak.

14 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 2:58am On Dec 11, 2017
emmanuelpopson:
i missed BJs post prior to his return now.. I'm so ashame of my country and the patriotism which we all have before is now declining... it pained me to see people wanting to leave but I can't blame them for their decisions because destinies, dreams and talents are destroyed here and the earlier the better one leaves this country..thanks to all who are making this thread a success...I will also make it there someday soon...by the Grace of God...

Those destinies were not destroyed by a genie living on the moon. If you're looking for those who destroyed Nigeria, look no further than this thread. The attitudes that ruined Nigeria are here aplenty.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 3:05am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

Your 9 days vacation never complete? grin shocked cheesy
Enjoy your stay joor. Nothing do u

Lmao!...U don sharpaly dig thru posts
I don dey my beloved Country back btw
grin shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 3:07am On Dec 11, 2017
nastyd:

Lmao!...U don sharpaly dig thru posts

I don dey my beloved Country back btw

grin shocked cheesy cheesy

Pic or ......... grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 3:15am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

Pic or ......... grin

Lol...its 3am here man. Make i enter street com dey snap pinshur??
plus my phone no get camera sef
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 3:16am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

Actually it should be our concern. This attitude is why our country is to the point where you and i and the OP are frustrated. Nothing is our concern. Obeying laws is not our concern, following rules is not our concern, people doing their jobs as they should is not our concern, fraud isn't our concern, government isn't our concern, corruption isn't our concern... and we're surprised that the nation is an incompetent jungle that cannot offer us anything. Yet here we are, lining up for visas to countries where all these are the concern of the average citizen. It's a shame how incoherent we truly are.

Thanks to his lies... we can expect even more difficult visa screenings for those coming behind us. But of course why should we care? Afterall we've got ours, screw everyone else. That is exactly how our government treats us, they've got theirs, screw us. We are one of the most selfish, myopic and self-destructive folks i have ever seen. The capacity for self introspection seems to be something missing in our genetic make up.

Sure you're not encouraging fraud... but "God" should bless his hustle. I wonder which "god" you're speaking about. Surely it can't be the same God who wrote Romans 13. lol a hustle that began in fraud will end in "praise"... i wonder what they teach in church these days. I no longer recognize this "God" of which you speak.

Putting religion aside, even an armed robber will thank God after successful robbery just as every other Americans do say "GOD bless America". Even yahoo boys pay tithes.

He's above 18 and he's responsible for his actions.. he has chosen his path and I will never discourage him. All I will say is God be with him and US is a land of opportunities, we both know he will surely make it here.

Life is all about risk.

Back to my question, throughout the years you have been staying in US , have you heard someone either you know directly or indirectly that was deported?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 3:17am On Dec 11, 2017
nastyd:

Lol...its 3am here man. Make i enter street com dey snap pinshur??

plus my phone no get camera sef

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I understand.. it's 3am and you are still up same time americans are up?

God is watching you lol

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 3:19am On Dec 11, 2017
BlowJobs, you no go give us money for December? grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 3:22am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

Putting religion aside, even an armed robber will thank God after successful robbery just as every other Americans do say "GOD bless America". Even yahoo boys pay tithes.

He's above 18 and he's responsible for his actions.. he has chosen his path and I will never discourage him. All I will say is God be with him and US is a land of opportunities, we both know he will surely make it here.

Life is all about risk.

Back to my question, throughout the years you have been staying in US , have you heard someone either you know directly or indirectly that was deported?

1. He is responsible for his actions... however his actions have serious repercussions for the rest of us. His actions contribute a great deal to the stereotype of Nigerians when you appear at ports of entry or foreign embassies with your passport. They have repercussions on us when you apply for a visa and wonder why the VOs seems to "dash" everyone blue papers. Perhaps its because they are tired of people like him scamming them?

2. I don't know anyone specifically, because those i know, associate with or who are family have the same mindset as i have. The end doesn't justify the means and courage, character and integrity are worth more than 10 visas.

3. Please look on google, hundreds of illegal Nigerians are deported from the US monthly. There is a recent video of Nigerians on the internet begging to be allowed to cross into Canada from the US to seek asylum as a result of Trump's immigration stance. I watched that video and for every second, regretted being born in the same country as you.

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 3:27am On Dec 11, 2017
@twoods who is the real scam? Those wanting to run to US or the embassy that use Nigeria as business venture.

I once applied for a non immigrant visa and hearing the cgi officer telling people to hurry up thst they have 1000 applicants to attend to. Multiply 1000 x 64k daily. I believe they are both trying to steal from each other.

Those that cross to canada wasn't because of trump immigration stance but trying to take advantage of the asylum programme

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 3:39am On Dec 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 3:43am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

I understand.. it's 3am and you are still up same time americans are up?

God is watching you lol

Lol...God they watch us all

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 3:43am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:
@twoods who is the real scam? Those wanting to run to US or the embassy that use Nigeria as business venture.

I once applied for a non immigrant visa and hearing the cgi officer telling people to hurry up thst they have 1000 applicants to attend to. Multiply 1000 x 64k daily. I believe they are both trying to steal from each other.

Those that cross to canada wasn't because of trump immigration stance but trying to take advantage of the asylum programme

Americans do not go around asking you to file for a US visa, we line up in millions every day for it, willingly. The visas don't come for free... those fees pay to keep visa officers who receive and process your application and then interview you, the cost to run background checks on your application, print a visa for you... do you expect to receive all those for free?

You have the power to stop them from using you as a business venture, you can choose not to apply at all. I doubt America will care one bit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 4:45am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

1. He is responsible for his actions... however his actions have serious repercussions for the rest of us. His actions contribute a great deal to the stereotype of Nigerians when you appear at ports of entry or foreign embassies with your passport. They have repercussions on us.

Boss, but please free d guy na, d past 10years u don leave Naija, u knw wetin dey happen to d guy?

Is he d 1st person to av such intention?

because he cane out to speak now, u wan murder him as u be righteous person

NO is encouraging fraud, nothing stops u from telling him to calm down and watch his steps and volunteer if u can yọ guide him like som1 already did.

There is hunger in the land, there is suffering u r talking abt attitude.

How many hungry and frustrated person dey get attitude sir

Please live and let live.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 4:47am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

You have the power to stop them from using you as a business venture, you can choose not to apply at all. I doubt America will care one bit.

When are you relocating to Naija?

15 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 4:49am On Dec 11, 2017
samhay:

Boss, but please free d guy na, d past 10years u don leave Naija, u knw wetin dey happen to d guy?

Is he d 1st person to av such intention?

because he cane out to speak now, u wan murder him as u be righteous person

NO is encouraging fraud, nothing stops u from telling him to calm down and watch his steps and volunteer if u can yọ guide him like som1 already did.

There is hunger in the land, there is suffering u r talking abt attitude.

How many hungry and frustrated person dey get attitude sir

Please live and let live.

Here is the fundamental disconnect you and I are having... you see the hunger and suffering, i do too. The problem is that you're seeing these problems in a vacuum but i am not. I see hunger and suffering as consequences of our own behavior. Behaviors such as his where no one cares for rules and we show zero concern for doing things right. The countries you are running to are not immune to suffering and hunger... they just learned to conquer those problems by exhibiting the behaviors that you think are of no concern to you.

THAT is the problem and until we solve it, you and i will simply pass on that legacy of hunger and suffering to the next generation.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.