Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346282 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 4:51am On Dec 11, 2017
samhay:

When are you relocating back to Naija?

The answer is simple - NEVER. I cannot live in a country where people think we should justify a lack of integrity (in the name of "god"wink just because of hunger.

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 4:57am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

Here is the fundamental disconnect you and I are having... you see the hunger and suffering, i do too. The problem is that you're seeing these problems in a vacuum but i am not. I see hunger and suffering as consequences of our own behavior. Behaviors such as his where no one cares for rules and we show zero concern for doing things right. The countries you are running to are not immune to suffering and hunger... they just learned to conquer those problems by exhibiting the behaviors that you think are of no concern to you.

THAT is the problem and until we solve it, you and i will simply pass on that legacy of hunger and suffering to the next generation.

LET him get there, he will cope, he will adjust.

After all u never c any1 deported. It means they all adjusted when they got to a saner clime.

I also dey cross road anyhow when I dey naija and LASMA go cross follow me to collect fine.

When I moved to Dubai, I learnt to use the Zebra crossing since no go cross road to give u fine, but there is consequence

So him being righteous out of 160million pple will make the country beta.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 4:59am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

The answer is simple - NEVER. I cannot live in a country where people think we should justify a lack of integrity (in the name of "god"wink just because of hunger.

Pple like you are needed to help change situation of things.

Naija need righteous pple, cone and use ur 10years experience to better Naija

Make we no derail bro. Peace

40 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 5:02am On Dec 11, 2017
cheesy cheesy TWoods and his people grin grin

Y’all should bare with TWoods, dude has been Americanized for a while so that’s understandable to some of us enough to decipher his sophisticated stance and irritative frequency he perceives on the thread.

The struggle is indeed real! I can only wish everyone the best in whichever route they take!

#Mr.4.00GPA

12 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 5:05am On Dec 11, 2017
samhay:

Pple like you are needed to help change situation of things.

Naija need righteous pple, cone and use ur 10years experience to better Naija

Make we no derail bro. Peace

Nigeria has plenty of righteous people, if it won't listen to them, then how much more me? Besides, the last 2-3 pages of this thread is compelling evidence that Nigeria isn't interested in righteous people, just moral hypocrites willing to cheer them on the journey to bad choices.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 5:08am On Dec 11, 2017
samhay:

LET him get there, he will cope, he will adjust.

After all u never c any1 deported. It means they all adjusted when they got to a saner clime.

I also dey cross road anyhow when I dey naija and LASMA go cross follow me to collect fine.

When I moved to Dubai, I learnt to use the Zebra crossing since no go cross road to give u fine, but there is consequence

So him being righteous out of 160million pple will make the country beta.

I'm not standing in his way. Just pointing out the fact that when next you get set to blame your leaders for the state of Nigeria, remember 4 other fingers are pointing back at your blinding hypocrisy.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 6:44am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

I'm not standing in his way. Just pointing out the fact that when next you get set to blame your leaders for the state of Nigeria, remember 4 other fingers are pointing back at your blinding hypocrisy.

light, no security, health sector zero. (Vegetable go run go London for treatment sayin ear dey pain am)

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.

And its my hypocrisy Dat caused them. #WehDonSir

22 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2017
samhay:

light, no security, health sector zero. (Vegetable go run go London for treatment sayin ear dey pain am)

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.

And its my hypocrisy Dat caused them. #WehDonSir

All those did not occur in a vacuum, it started because someone decided it was not his concern if NEPA worked or not. We then decided we didn't care either, as long as we were called to "chop"... and you're surprised at your list? C'mon dude.

You yourself made the comment that while you faithfully use zebra crossings in foreign countries, you flout the law in Nigeria and jay walk as you please. It's the exact same attitude our leaders have... they kowtow to foreign leaders in foreign countries, then come here and appoint commissioners for happiness because they know we won't care.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samhay: 7:14am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

All those did not occur in a vacuum, it started because someone decided it was not his concern if NEPA worked or not. We then decided we didn't care either, as long as we were called to "chop"... and you're surprised at your list? C'mon dude.

You yourself made the comment that while you faithfully use zebra crossings in foreign countries, you flout the law in Nigeria and jay walk as you please. It's the exact same attitude our leaders have... they kowtow to foreign leaders in foreign countries, then come here and appoint commissioners for happiness because they know we won't care.

Search #EndSars on Twitter and remind me of my hypocrisy.

Am done derailing

@blowJobs am awaiting ur response on the tax question o

8 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 7:49am On Dec 11, 2017
lionlee216:

You are not smiling at all. I could relate..

Yes you are giving nigeria a bad name by what you are about to do grin

In as much the suffering for nigeria is too much, don't be in a haste to leave.. I am not saying you should not leave but pls do your homework well. Going to America without knowing someone is really a bad idea.

Don't rely on your 2k$ bro even though that its alot of money.

When you eventually get here without knowing someone and seems all hope is lost(God forbid), remember lionlee216 and shoot me a PM. I will see what i can do to help you but dont be so desperate.

What state are you heading To?
Thanks,bro. I'm heading to Texas.
I appreciate your your sincere advice. I'm actually still doing some underground work,reason I left it for March.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 7:51am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:

Ten years, His story will change positively!

That is the bitter truth! I am not encouraging fraud. A person is frustrated and his mind is made up and no matter what you say wont change his mind.

Him abusing his visa should not be our concern. let USCIS be the judge whenever he wants to adjust status.
Blessings,bro.

@richricco, God Bless your hustle and dont forget to get TWoods some agbo Jedi and Dried Fish from Nigeria. He lives in NJ grin grin

Your hustle will end in praise

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 7:52am On Dec 11, 2017
[quote author=richricco post=63173155][/quote]
Blessings,bro.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 7:59am On Dec 11, 2017
samhay:

Boss, but please free d guy na, d past 10years u don leave Naija, u knw wetin dey happen to d guy?

Is he d 1st person to av such intention?

because he cane out to speak now, u wan murder him as u be righteous person

NO is encouraging fraud, nothing stops u from telling him to calm down and watch his steps and volunteer if u can yọ guide him like som1 already did.

There is hunger in the land, there is suffering u r talking abt attitude.

How many hungry and frustrated person dey get attitude sir

Please live and let live.

My brother, leave matter. We know every. Because I came here to talk about mine.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by richricco: 8:01am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy...
Blessings,bro.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:16am On Dec 11, 2017
richricco:

I appreciate your your sincere advice. I'm actually still doing some underground work,reason I left it for March.

dont be discourage to take the risk we all dare to take in our lifetime..
the life we live is even more of risk everyday but we survive despite all odds...just be yourself...
#myadvice

9 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 10:01am On Dec 11, 2017
The mod should continue hiding my post because I'm against his friend (Mr righteousness) @ Mr righteousness why didn't you ask yourself why Nigerians (you always criticise) excel outside Nigeria shores,they do because they have the intention to and not only that, but also have dividend of good governance backing their hustle. Nothing like workers being owed salary, poor road network. You buy pole,wire and still pay nepa to connect your house to use electricity and in addition to that,you're issued ridiculous nepa bill. Tell me why you won't give boys 2k not to disconnect your wire gringrin. I think it's better to channel your rants to the government and not to people that are doing everything possible to come enjoy what you've been enjoying.

22 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2017
Mod, abeg no hide the posts.

I am enjoying the "For and against "

"Stay in Naija and continue to endure hoping things will be better"

"Travel to America abd try your hands on new adventure"

This is interesting...

Why should the young man continue to stay in Nigeria when America offers so much hope?

Why should the young man abuse the bond on his visa"?

25 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by NONNYG: 10:32am On Dec 11, 2017
Imagine if Twoods na VO for 9ja, no hope for B1/B2 visagrin

31 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2017
Englishboy:
BlowJobs, you no go give us money for December? grin

I am trying to actually. My expenses increased dramatically during the last 2 weeks. Na when you wan help people, na dat time village people dey show face.

I am changing my number grin. Make my family give me breathing space. i don abandon my whatsapp sef.

20 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2017
richricco:

JJC grin grin

You are moving to texas in March on a B1/B2 with the intention to stay.

too much info bro. Be wise!!!

(Nigerian passport, Visit visa, texas, March, Male, First time traveling).. you are so easy to spot grin grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

Oga Twoods

Please permit me to ask, How did you become a citizen. What category?

Work related, Family?

Did you come here as an International Student?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2017
richricco:
I got my visa (B1). Moving to the US by March..I do not know anyone there,but trust me,I'm gon pull through. It will be difficult at first...but I give myself 3 months & I will stabilize. All he 'holier than thous' should not come here and tell me how people like me give an already useless country a bad name. I'm not relocating to do crime,but to work.. And work I shall..legal or not.

I don suffer enough for 9ja. Putting in so much work & still can't afford my basics. What kind of hopeless life is that?

Thanks BJ for being so open & truthful. Someday,I'm gon remind & probably send you gifts for being so real.
Pls, do you think $2k will be enough to start off? Any advice you can give me?

I'll like the gift okay. But please send them when you become a Permanent resident. i"ll gladly provide my address.

I am not For or Against your move. You do what makes you happy. Regardless of the decision you make, don't forget to do what brings you fulfillment.

it is gonna be tough without knowing anyone here, like really really tough. I'd advise you to link up with anyone that can host you for at least 2-3 months (friends of friends, extended family, old high school friends, etc)
Per work related, i can't advise you on that (you'll figure things out yourself when you arrive). It will be illegal for me to advise you based on the forum principle.
Also 2k$ will not be enough (especially if you don't know anyone), hold as much as you can get. The essentials you need to come with is your travel luggage (visiting people category), you don't need lots of clothes. If i were you, i'd pack 5-7Jeans trousers , 3-5 underwears (singlets and boxers), 2-4 shirts/T-shirts, Tooth brush etc. I'd mail my certificates and qualifications to the address i am going to (or instruct someone to mail it to the address i provide after), I'll come with my drivers license just in case and most importantly prove of my visit. Any other thing is an overdo.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2017
richricco:
I got my visa (B1). Moving to the US by March..I do not know anyone there,but trust me,I'm gon pull through. It will be difficult at first...but I give myself 3 months & I will stabilize. All he 'holier than thous' should not come here and tell me how people like me give an already useless country a bad name. I'm not relocating to do crime,but to work.. And work I shall..legal or not.

I don suffer enough for 9ja. Putting in so much work & still can't afford my basics. What kind of hopeless life is that?

Thanks BJ for being so open & truthful. Someday,I'm gon remind & probably send you gifts for being so real.
Pls, do you think $2k will be enough to start off? Any advice you can give me?
Bro hv u travel before or na Virgin passport? I was denied last month and my immigration lawyer said it's because i don't hv a travel history
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
eyinola:
Bro hv u travel before or na Virgin passport? I was denied last month and my immigration lawyer said it's because i don't hv a travel history

Not true
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
BlowJobs:
So i picked up snow shoveling yesterday 25$ an hour.
Today, i no do again. So next snow storm and the guy calls, i just tell him, i'm good.

That thing no easy o. Make cold no kill me. I am not that desperate for money.

Loool grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Tarry(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

Here is the fundamental disconnect you and I are having... you see the hunger and suffering, i do too. The problem is that you're seeing these problems in a vacuum but i am not. I see hunger and suffering as consequences of our own behavior. Behaviors such as his where no one cares for rules and we show zero concern for doing things right. The countries you are running to are not immune to suffering and hunger... they just learned to conquer those problems by exhibiting the behaviors that you think are of no concern to you.

THAT is the problem and until we solve it, you and i will simply pass on that legacy of hunger and suffering to the next generation.

Twoods, I understand your concern and I share the same to see a better Nigeria, but I think you are getting things the other way round. The situation in Nigeria is not a consequence of the behavior of the ordinary people rather the behavior of the ordinary people is a consequence of the situation in Nigeria.

You said you will NEVER come to Nigeria because of the level of insanity and you want some to remain here and go mad when they can practically do nothing to change the situation in the country even if they want to. It is the leaders that can fix the country and the righteousness of a few ordinary people will not change it rather they will become endangered species.

I see people engaging in unscrupulous activity and though I will never join them nor encourage them but I see them mostly as victim of the Nigeria situation. Not everyone will rather die than compromise. It unfortunate that Nigeria has turned many upright individual to law breakers. I know it is easy to blame them when one is not in their shoe but I have learned that he that wears the shoe know where it pinches.

Does it mean we embrace illegality, NO, but we must understand that the situation makes it very difficult for ordinary people in Nigeria to be upright unless we want to deceive ourselves.

I understand it is a vicious circle, the illegality will only worsen the situation and the bad situation will make people do more illegality

What do we do in this situation, I will rather tell people the value of uprightness than condemn them for illegality. I would not condemn but enlighten

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eyinola: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
BlowJobs:

Not true
I was wondering because i hv seen people without travel history getting Visas, anyway i am re applying in January because i earlier stated March as my arrival date on the previous form if nothing changed i will go and spend my leave in Kenya and Dubai jejely
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Englishboy(m): 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods, so what advice will you give the guy?

The truth is you have left Nigeria so long. Things have changed.

Spend a month in nigeria and come back to give reviews.

If you claim you have integrity in nigeria, hunger go wire someone. .. Things are bad.

I went to firstbank one day and this woman at w3stern union was sacked and being investigated. Guess what? She stole 100m. What was recovered was just her uncompleted building and a Siena bus.. a source said she admitted she embezzled the money but not willing to give back the money. She even said she is ready to go to prision but of course she was claiming someone came to bank and use juju on her.

Well the last time I heard of her, she was bailed for 10 million naira and case already died down.. A customer said beside me said out of 100 million, they retrieved only an uncompleted building and a bus and said this is a lifetime opportunity lol.

This is what Nigeria has turned to. Nobody cares about integrity.

Nigeria is spoiled without recognition. Gone are the days where no one will want to associate with a thief but thieves in nigeria are now celebrity

God help us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2017
shakol91:
The mod should continue hiding my post
because I'm against his friend (Mr righteousness) @ Mr righteousness why didn't you ask yourself why Nigerians (you always criticise) excel outside Nigeria shores,they do because they have the intention to and not only that, but also have dividend of good governance backing their hustle. Nothing like workers being owed salary, poor road network. You buy pole,wire and still pay nepa to connect your house to use electricity and in addition to that,you're issued ridiculous nepa bill. Tell me why you won't give boys 2k not to disconnect your wire gringrin. I think it's better to channel your rants to the government and not to people that are doing everything possible to come enjoy what you've been enjoying.

If you have the ability to put your points across without insulting people then your post will stand.

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2017
The posts on this page are a sad indictment on us. Someone said i should channel my "rants" to the government... forgetting that we are the government. The government isn't some amorphous bunch of folks, they are a reflection of who we are. I have zero confidence that if we were in government, we would do any better. We'd be just as corrupt.

Good luck to you, as the CBP reads these threads.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by NONNYG: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:
The posts on this page are a sad indictment on us. Someone said i should channel my "rants" to the government... forgetting that we are the government. The government isn't some amorphous bunch of folks, they are a reflection of who we are. I have zero confidence that if we were in government, we would do any better. We'd be just as corrupt.

Good luck to you, as the CBP reads these threads.
I'm here to remind you that Blowjobs asked you how you became citizengrin

Abeg answer the question

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2017
NONNYG:
I'm here to remind you that Blowjobs asked you how you became citizengrin

Abeg answer the question

And that is of importance to you how exactly?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.