Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346180 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Babyvet: 2:59am On Jul 26, 2018
Spygadgets19:
How long does it take to get green card in the US, I really want to join US army?

There are many pathways to green card in the US go on the USCIS website to find out what pathway to take . You have to be a green card holder or citizen to join the army.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 26, 2018
Babyvet:

There are many pathways to green card in the US go on the USCIS website to find out what pathway to take . You have to be a green card holder or citizen to join the army.
Thanks Much
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by adesbaba: 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2018
,someone I discussed dis my travel issue with told me he will contact his relative in USA DAT as spent like 20 yrs to send both of us invite cos he too plan travelling...that we will travel with it n then find our level wen we get there.....I think it will be visiting visa invite we will travel with and then sort things out when we land....

I don't want to do anything illegal cos of my future....pls is there a way I can convert this visiting visa to another visa that can allow me legally stay in USA,work and even in future relocate my family to join me in USA. ....

Note:am 23 yrs with bsc accounting, av 1yr post nysc work experience... n don't mind going back to skul wen I land in usa. ....pls
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by mankind9(m): 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2018
adesbaba:
,someone I discussed dis my travel issue with told me he will contact his relative in USA DAT as spent like 20 yrs to send both of us invite cos he too plan travelling...that we will travel with it n then find our level wen we get there.....I think it will be visiting visa invite we will travel with and then sort things out when we land....

I don't want to do anything illegal cos of my future....pls is there a way I can convert this visiting visa to another visa that can allow me legally stay in USA,work and even in future relocate my family to join me in USA. ....

Note:am 23 yrs with bsc accounting, av 1yr post nysc work experience... n don't mind going back to skul wen I land in usa. ....pls

Do not jeopardize your future for a mere USA greener pasture. You are still young and vibrant. Why don't try and apply for the Canada express entry. That your future is secured if granted the permanent resident visa.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2018
My k1 visa interview was held today.it went well to the glory of God.

The interview went thus:

1:what does your husband do ( i said no he is not yet my husband then i told him what he does for a living)

2:oh! Sorry...I meant your fiancé What is his hubby

3:  tell me the month and the year he visited you

4:is your daughter travelling with you or    she will join you later.(I have a 13 year old daughter)

5;What did you both do when he visited 

6: when did you meet

7: how did you meet

8:whats the name of you daughters father

9: were you married?

10:Have you met your husband's family(I said he is not my husband)oh sorry I'm used to saying husband (smiling)

11:okay let me see your pictures.

12: do you know what he does?

The interview did not take up to 10mind

In conclusion,he gave me a white paper that I should ask my fiance to send the affidavit of support(my fiancé only sent a tax record)and that I should submit it long with my international passport passport as soon as possible.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Taiwodot:

The interview went thus:

1:what does your husband do ( i said no he is not yet my husband then i told him what he does for a living)

2:oh! Sorry...I meant your fiancé What is his hubby

3:  tell me the month and the year he visited you

4:is your daughter travelling with you or    she will join you later.(I have a 13 year old daughter)

5;What did you both do when he visited 

6: when did you meet

7: how did you meet

8:whats the name of you daughters father

9: were you married?

10:Have you met your husband's family(I said he is not my husband)oh sorry I'm used to saying husband (smiling)

11:okay let me see your pictures.

12: do you know what he does?

The interview did not take up to 10mind

In conclusion,he gave me a white paper that I should ask my fiance to send the affidavit of support(my fiancé only sent a tax record)and that I should submit it long with my international passport passport as soon as possible.

Congratulations!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2018
ennyscongy:

Congratulations! I tap into this blessing.

Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
ennyscongy:

Congratulations! I tap into this blessing.
thanks.you shall testify
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by terrymason(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
mankind9:

Do not jeopardize your future for a mere USA greener pasture. You are still young and vibrant. Why don't try and apply for the Canada express entry. That your future is secured if granted the permanent resident visa.
is it possible for who just have bsc and nysc certificate to qualify for the Canada express entry? Thought you need to have some work experience..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Taiwodot:

thanks.you shall testify

A
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmybernard(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2018
Congratulations sir , sir how can I send you a pm
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 10:46am On Aug 08, 2018
emmybernard:
Congratulations sir , sir how can I send you a pm
cluck on my username, send email
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2018
Taiwodot:

cluck on my username, send email

Hi
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
[quote author=ennyscongy
It took exactly 6 months
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
Taiwodot:
[quote author=ennyscongy
It took exactly 6 months

W
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
The duration for approval also depends on the state handling your petition and the amount of pending petitions before your own.stick with visa journey it was very helpful to me.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Taiwodot: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2018
[quote author=ennyscongy post=70098749][/quote]
thank.you
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmybernard(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
Taiwodot:

thank.you
Have sent you a pm sir
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
Taiwodot:

The duration for approval also depends on the state handling your petition and the amount of pending petitions before your own.stick with visa journey it was very helpful to me.

Y

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 3:33am On Aug 13, 2018
Taiwodot:

Pls I have questions. The k1 process took how many months.

When your fiancee visited you in nigeria, did you guys get married in Nigeri a or not?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lillaowow(m): 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
lionlee216:

When your fiancee visited you in nigeria, did you guys get married in Nigeri a or not?

If someone seeking a K1 gets married, they can no longer apply for K1, they go straight to the PR process (which seems longer btw)

K1 process takes like 6-9months (5-6 months)

I just arrange babe for my padi. She dey Naija right now dey chop nkwobi and Suya for him head. Fortunately, they like each other more than we thought grin..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 12:41am On Aug 15, 2018
lillaowow:

If someone seeking a K1 gets married, they can no longer apply for K1, they go straight to the PR process (which seems longer btw)

What is PR process?

K1 process takes like 6-9months (5-6 months).

I just arrange babe for my padi. She dey Naija right now dey chop nkwobi and Suya for him head. Fortunately, they like each other more than we thought grin..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 12:45am On Aug 15, 2018
lionlee216:

The marriage is done in the US within 90days of arrival there. You can do a court wedding to legalise the union and return to naija for a big wedding when you have applied and gotten an Advanced parole which is like 6-8 months later.

Any marriage in Nigeria means the couple would have to do the IR1/CR1 visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by djfrancis: 12:54am On Aug 15, 2018
You are asking for something very very big but it is possible. First of all, b1/b2 is getting increasingly harder to get these days so I won't advise your for that invite thing you are thinking about. If you want to legally stay in the USA, there are so many visa classes to use but you can use the student visa or the fiance or spousal visa. Since you want to go to school, you can use the student visa and always change to the spousal/fiance visa by finding love lol. With that, you can invite your family members.

adesbaba:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by ItzChinnex(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
Dessydemmy:
Presently I work in a bank but planning to move out of this country with my family(4) with my husband and children, kinldy help me in process on doing this and i will like to move to Chicago or Texas. Please anyone with valuable informations

1. School for the children
2.How easy can I and my husband get job
3.How can we get Residence permit
4. Can will work without permit and can the children be registered to school

Kindly mention dessydemmy in your reply, I will apperciate any valid informations.

Has your dream being actualized?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
Wow...i remembered when this thread was at its infancy stage when the OP (BJ) was dishing out the infos to everyone.. how time flies as i have missed a lot so tey...i cant assimilate some of the post..but ill be around to read the ones i can...its good having the thread running still....my naija people..... i salute you all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Lhimeet(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2018
From Page 1 - 95..! smiley

It was a nice read actually.. Informative! cool

I have learnt something important from this thread

Thank You Blowjobs
cool

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 12, 2018
Getting ur documents here is very hard except you marry an American or are super smart or specially favored. Its the specially favored that is my last and only hope now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by princetigris(m): 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2018
Baba good-day. Can we talk private?
lillaowow:

K1 process takes like 6-9months (5-6 months)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2018
Please what type of specially favored?
12inches1:
Getting ur documents here is very hard except you marry an American or are super smart or specially favored. Its the specially favored that is my last and only hope now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.