Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:58 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (344178 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by tony5(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Mod Justwise, That Guy Is Just Here For Familiarity,i Have Modified My Earlier Post, To The Whole Members Of The House, I'm Sorry For Derailing The Thread, Happy New Year To You All In Advance
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
lionlee216:
If you can dream it, You can achieve it.

Case was received - Fingerprint fee was received - Interviewed Scheduled - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - Greencard.

Journey of 2 years.. Do I have any regrets? No.

Is the journey worth it? Yes

congratulations SAM
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Hennyola(m): 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
lionlee216:
If you can dream it, You can achieve it.

Case was received - Fingerprint fee was received - Interviewed Scheduled - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed - Greencard.

Journey of 2 years.. Do I have any regrets? No.

Is the journey worth it? Yes

Congratulations Chief
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
JWTheocracy1:

Thanks bro.
NRN account GTBANK is the ONLY way that can be possible.
You will need your Mastercard and Token.
Its a process.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
Finally......

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by cyberhike(m): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......
congrats bro... this is the beginning of good things for you..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by tizzdi(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

congrat boss ..make everything fall in d right places for u..bro how far school?..u no go continue?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Unlimited22: 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
100!!!!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by mollode: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
congratulations bro... more achievements in the new year.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Failtech: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congrats bro, God is faithful
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by aywhy93(m): 12:26am On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

CONGRATULATIONS BOSS..! GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheZed(m): 1:21am On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congratulations Bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by warriboy21(m): 4:55am On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congratulations. Im next in line. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nymphomaniac(m): 6:35am On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

congrats bros
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by klexycole(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2018
Happy PAGE 100th anniversary to Blow.job and all followers. cool

Special congratulations to Lionlee216. May GOD continue to bless you, make your way smoother, and grant your heart desires. cheesy

Success to everyone. smiley
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......
congrat Another level
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by femora007(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

I'm happy to see this, congratulations bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lowkeyguy: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congrats bros
More blessings will come your way
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by domainservice(m): 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Big congratulations bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by tikkykay: 11:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congrats boss
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oreoreore: 6:22am On Dec 31, 2018
Hi i am in Philly and i dont mind making new friends
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BJ4REEL(m): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Congrats bro!

Can I pm you please? Need your help on something, thanks.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 8:08am On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks to you all. I appreciate.

Leaving Nigeria wasnt an easy decision. I got my Visa on the third attempt. If dressing is a criteria for issuing Visa, I would be denied that day. God bless lagosismyhome, She reviewed my mock Visa interview Transcript and every question came out with already prepared answers.

I flew Turkish airline, reported to school and left 6 months after due to financial reasons but that is not what I'm discussing here for now.

I found myself in Ohio thinking about the next phase of life.. I was out of status and going back home is NO. I have to move forward. I was fortunate to live white neighborhood and where white see no reason not to date a black guy and never experienced racism, so I blended in quickly.

Cool, crazy women have all come my way but I never let the pressure of regularizing my stay took advantage of me or else I would have entered into the wrong marriage.

Let me say your Host determines how far you go in life. My host tried his best but as a "guy" that I am, I dont take advice from people who has not been in my situation before. He came here through dv lottery, I came with F1.. The contant threat of Trump never got to me because I was rest assured police will never stop me to ask for my immigration status but I am focused and I gave myself a time frame to get my situation fixed.

Long story short, I found myself in Chicago through marriage and the rest was history today..

I read on a thread that if you are a lizard in Nigeria, You cant turn to a lion in America. Well, different stories for different people. I'm not a lion in america but I'm nowhere a lizard.

When I log into my Nigeria bank accounts, the smile will just come. You can imagine looking at your account balance and smiling.

My friends says I dont wear roca wears, designer clothes but hey, I'm comfortable with my oldnavy wears. He said I dont dress flashy. Well, i am not in America to use my dressing to impress people. I'm comfortable with my causal wear. Keep living American dream through designer wears while you eat $3 burgers while I dress casual and eat nice African food while smiling to the banks..

The woman that prepares my local/Nigeria food came in 3 years ago with her husband and they just bought their house(Cash). Im not sure if Husband is legal but wife is not. They came in 2016.

If you are a lizard in Nigeria and you are not lazy, You will surely make it in America. Hard work pays in America.

Dont surround yourself with people with negative mind, no ambition. I move with people that has vision as me and I'm more of a listener than talker.

I am not where I'm going but I'm not where I used to be. Truthfully, if I am in Nigeria, i wont even have this kind of comfort but to God be the Glory.

I had been dreaming of walking in the street of America since university days but here I am today.

I had never turn people down here no matter their immigration status. I had always helped in the little way I can and I will still helping because who accommodated and fed me in Ohio never knew my parents yet he helped me with no money given to him.

Next trip is Mexico, Canada then Nigeria. God help me

If you can dream it, You can achieve it and You will achieve it.

This is just to encourage someone to be focused and determined.

113 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 31, 2018
lionlee216:

Leaving Nigeria wasnt an easy decision. I got my Visa on the third attempt. If dressing is a criteria for issuing Visa, I would be denied that day. God bless lagosismyhome, She reviewed my mock Visa interview Transcript and every question came out with already prepared answers.

I flew Turkish airline, reported to school and left 6 months after due to financial reasons but that is not what I'm discussing here for now.

I found myself in Ohio thinking about the next phase of life.. I was out of status and going back home is NO. I have to move forward. I was fortunate to live white neighborhood and where white see no reason not to date a black guy and never experienced racism, so I blended in quickly.

Cool, crazy women have all come my way but I never let the pressure of regularizing my stay took advantage of me or else I would have entered into the wrong marriage.

Let me say your Host determines how far you go in life. My host tried his best but as a "guy" that I am, I dont take advice from people who has not been in my situation before. He came here through dv lottery, I came with F1.. The contant threat of Trump never got to me because I was rest assured police will never stop me to ask for my immigration status but I am focused and I gave myself a time frame to get my situation fixed.

Long story short, I found myself in Chicago through marriage and the rest was history today..

I read on a thread that if you are a lizard in Nigeria, You cant turn to a lion in America. Well, different stories for different people. I'm not a lion in america but I'm nowhere a lizard.

When I log into my Nigeria bank accounts, the smile will just come. You can imagine looking at your account balance and smiling.

My friends says I dont wear roca wears, designer clothes but hey, I'm comfortable with my oldnavy wears. He said I dont dress flashy. Well, i am not in America to use my dressing to impress people. I'm comfortable with my causal wear. Keep living American dream through designer wears while you eat $3 burgers while I dress casual and eat nice African food while smiling to the banks..

The woman that prepares my local/Nigeria food came in 3 years ago with her husband and they just bought their house(Cash). Im not sure if Husband is legal but wife is not. They came in 2016.

If you are a lizard in Nigeria and you are not lazy, You will surely make it in America. Hard work pays in America.

Dont surround yourself with people with negative mind, no ambition. I move with people that has vision as me and I'm more of a listener than talker.

I am not where I'm going but I'm not where I used to be. Truthfully, if I am in Nigeria, i wont even have this kind of comfort but to God be the Glory.

I had been dreaming of walking in the street of America since university days but here I am today.

I had never turn people down here no matter their immigration status. I had always helped in the little way I can and I will still helping because who accommodated and fed me in Ohio never knew my parents yet he helped me with no money given to him.

Respect
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheZed(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2018
lionlee216:
Finally......

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bashbanks(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
lionlee216:

I flew Turkish airline, reported to school and left 6 months after due to financial reasons but that is
not what I'm discussing here for now.

I’m so inspired.. I am coming very soon
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by tizzdi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
lionlee216:

My friends says I dont wear roc wears, designer clothes but hey, I'm comfortable with my oldnavy wears. He said I dont dress flashy. Well, i am not in America to use my dressing to impress people. I'm comfortable with my causal wear. Keep living American dream through designer wears while you eat $3 burgers while I dress casual and eat nice African food while smiling to the banks..

I am noking in the street of America since university days but here I am today.

Next .
bro this is really nice..congrats once again..wuick question pls..i know f1 visa is valid for the duration of study..so if along the way u leave school due to some reasons does it mean u fall out of status?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Beautyaddy: 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
tizzdi:
bro this is really nice..congrats once again..wuick question pls..i know f1 visa is valid for the duration of study..so if along the way u leave school due to some reasons does it mean u fall out of status?

Yes, you do fall out of status.

So either you return back to school to re-instate you legal status to remain legal in the US or you marry very quickly for green card to remain in legal status in the US.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by yemiosinbajo: 4:35am On Jan 01, 2019
tizzdi:

It depends on what you leave school for. Do you mean drop out or just a temporary leave? If you drop out, then yes, you're out of status. But if you leave for reasons such as medical (medical leave), then you are not out for status. For a medical leave to be granted, you need a doctor's report, and the maximum duration for which you can be granted a medical leave is one year. Endeavor to do your best not to fall out of status, because it doesn't always end well like in the story of the person you quoted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (110) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.