Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) (1312 Views)

Step By Steps Tutorial On Creating A Blog With Blogger / Help A Brother On Creating A News Website / Stuck Creating My First Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:58am On Oct 26, 2017
Good day everyone,my name is Sola. It has been few years now that i have been trying to create/design a blog but i seem to be inept. I am not just getting it, i don't know what i am doing wrong and i know there are people who could teach me. I would have been silent about it but i know that if i become silent, i might never know how to do it. So please someone should help me out and point my mistakes. The name of the blog is
www.vainearth.
I have been having sleepless night over the designing of this blog but i just don't get it. I hereby invoke/call upon all the gurus in webdesign to please show me the way. I am ready to learn, my motto has always been 'If he/she can do it, why can't i do it better?'

Anyone should please teach me the ropes. Thanks
#Iwrite
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2017
Teach you what there, exactly?
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 26, 2017
the great ikuku, they are invoking you come and teach...why you wait forever for ikuku.

you can go to youtude.
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Shobizz(m): 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
What Do U Really Want To Learn About Wordpress. Get A .Com Domain Name First Eg Vainearth.com Etc.
Vainearth. Provide Limited Access Then I Can Come In
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by ElizaVeta(f): 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Jackossky:
Good day everyone,my name is Sola. It has been few years now that i have been trying to create/design a blog but i seem to be inept. I am not just getting it, i don't know what i am doing wrong and i know there are people who could teach me. I would have been silent about it but i know that if i become silent, i might never know how to do it. So please someone should help me out and point my mistakes. The name of the blog is
www.vainearth.
I have been having sleepless night over the designing of this blog but i just don't get it. I hereby invoke/call upon all the gurus in webdesign to please show me the way. I am ready to learn, my motto has always been 'If he/she can do it, why can't i do it better?'

Anyone should please teach me the ropes. Thanks
#Iwrite
To Cut the long story short, I' ll create your desired wordpress blog for N4500. Interested?
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:06am On Oct 27, 2017
ElizaVeta:
To Cut the long story short, I' ll create your desired wordpress blog for N4500. Interested?
Thanks, i just want to get a hang of the one i created even though it looks botched. Maybe if i get the hang of it, i might secure your service. You might even create a website for me, so i just want to do the beginners stuff and see how it goes. Thanks once again
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:09am On Oct 27, 2017
Shobizz:
What Do U Really Want To Learn About Wordpress.
Get A .Com Domain Name First Eg Vainearth.com Etc.

Vainearth. Provide Limited Access
Then I Can Come In

I think a knowledgeable person is someone who can make efficient use of the little he has. I don't want to go big now, and i believe in your skills to intercede and make it happen.
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:12am On Oct 27, 2017
Tuham:
Teach you what there, exactly?
Thanks for asking
i want to make the articles show after clicking on the topic., not the one that it isthere like a drop menu. If you open it, you will see the education,home,scandal and some sections there, i want to know how to place articles in it.This will help for now. Thanks for asking anyway
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:15am On Oct 27, 2017
wamiikechukwu:
the great ikuku, they are invoking you come and teach...why you wait forever for ikuku.

you can go to youtude.
who is ikuku? i will take that as sarcasm.I am not seeing what i want on youtube and i think if someone who has the experience can teach me virtually, then i can make something of it. I can ask question, i can make mistakes and i can be corrected which youtube does not offer. Thanks
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Shobizz(m): 12:32am On Oct 27, 2017
Jackossky:

I think a knowledgeable person is someone who can make efficient use of the little he has. I don't want to go big now, and i believe in your skills to intercede and make it happen.
Feel free throw down ur question, if i can assit, but register a domain name .com .com.ng .org .net etc, not using free domain
gudluck
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 1:28am On Oct 27, 2017
Shobizz:

Feel free throw down ur question, if i can assit, but register a domain name .com .com.ng .org .net etc, not using free domain
gudluck
Wait, i just want to test run it and see f it works then i can think of getting myself a domain.
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 27, 2017
Jackossky:

Thanks for asking
i want to make the articles show after clicking on the topic., not the one that it isthere like a drop menu. If you open it, you will see the education,home,scandal and some sections there, i want to know how to place articles in it.This will help for now. Thanks for asking anyway

The first thing i will highly recommend is; you should change the whole theme

You can see some theme with excerpts. Once you've done that, then we proceed to categories
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:06am On Oct 28, 2017
Tuham:

The first thing i will highly recommend is; you should change the whole theme

You can see some theme with excerpts. Once you've done that, then we proceed to categories
Okay, you mean i should make use of the theme with excerpt
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Ignyte(m): 6:47am On Oct 28, 2017
Jackossky:

Wait, i just want to test run it and see f it works then i can think of getting myself a domain.

Then run WordPress on localhost. You can do this by simply installing InstantWP on your sytem and opening the software after install.

For your posts, what you need do is to insert the read more tag so that the full post doesn't appear in your front page.

For the posts to appear in categories first create the categories you want then when writing a post, on the far right, tick the category you want the post to appear in before publishing.

For the Menu, just go to appearance>>Menus and create new menu. Then select everything you want to appear in the menu on your left and save the menu.

Hope this helps.

Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2017
Jackossky:
Okay, you mean i should make use of the theme with excerpt
Yeah.. You should be able to see one from the store
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Ignyte:

Then run WordPress on localhost. You can do this by simply installing InstantWP on your sytem and opening the software after install.

For your posts, what you need do is to insert the read more tag so that the full post doesn't appear in your front page.

For the posts to appear in categories first create the categories you want then when writing a post, on the far right, tick the category you want the post to appear in before publishing.

For the Menu, just go to appearance>>Menus and create new menu. Then select everything you want to appear in the menu on your left and save the menu.

Hope this helps.

Wow, you are a boss.lemme quickly try it
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 12:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Tuham:

Yeah..
You should be able to see one from the store
I dont know how tot hank you. Thank you for even wanting to help.
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 2:40am On Oct 30, 2017
Ignyte:

Hope this helps.

Please, I am using 'Your latest post' as the front page display, but all the post seems to be at the front page, please is there anyway i can break it into pages. It seems too long

Thanks for being there
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 1:03am On Nov 08, 2017
Ignyte:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your tutelage bruh. Please view the site (Www.vainearth.) and you will see i have improve a bit. But i still dont get some things,how can i make my front page to be broken into pages i.e to have *Next page/previous page*also, I did as you said but the post are not appearing under the menus i created. Whenever i click the top menus, i am always referred back to the home page. Please if you have any contribution i can add to make the page look attractive please i am willing to learn. Thanks once again
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Ignyte(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Jackossky:

Thanks for your tutelage bruh. Please view the site (Www.vainearth.) and you will see i have improve a bit. But i still dont get some things,how can i make my front page to be broken into pages i.e to have *Next page/previous page*also, I did as you said but the post are not appearing under the menus i created. Whenever i click the top menus, i am always referred back to the home page. Please if you have any contribution i can add to make the page look attractive please i am willing to learn. Thanks once again

Solution for broken pages. Go to reading under your settings and choose the number of posts that should appear per page. If for instance you choose 10, the 11th post will therefore appear on another page, that will give the Older post/newer post navigation

1 Like

Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 2:04am On Nov 17, 2017
Help, i am really new at this. On my blog, i already created the menus under the primary menu, i have also added the sub menus to it,but the problem is, I don't know how to make my post to go under the submenus. I want visitors to click on my sub menus and there they will see the post that are relevant to the submenu I created, but somehow my post just get to stay under 'Post by the authors' and it is shown only on the front page. I want it to show on the front page and also under the submenus because when i click on the submenus, it will just be blank with no topics there. Please help
Re: 'The Journey on Creating my WordPress Account...' By Jacob (#Iwrite) by Jackossky(m): 4:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
Jackossky:
Help, i am really new at this. On my blog, i already created the menus under the primary menu, i have also added the sub menus to it,but the problem is, I don't know how to make my post to go under the submenus. I want visitors to click on my sub menus and there they will see the post that are relevant to the submenu I created, but somehow my post just get to stay under 'Post by the authors' and it is shown only on the front page. I want it to show on the front page and also under the submenus because when i click on the submenus, it will just be blank with no topics there. Please help

I have gotten the hang of this though, seems like I should delete every content and recreate the blog to a perfect one... Maybe by next three or four month, I will go official

(1) (Reply)

Getbarter- Credit And Master Cards (no More Card Rejection Online) / Get A Fully Functional And Verified Stripe Account For A Discounted Price / Paystarmobile A New Way To Mobilized Your World Now In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.