Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else (1649 Views)

Meet Jazmy, My 11 Weeks Old GSD Puppy (need Advice) / Rate My 11 Weeks Gsd (marley) / Please Rate My 11 Months Old Neapolitan Mastiff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by thestriker: 4:28am On Oct 26, 2017
she is just 11 weeks old and she has been staying inside the house with us. I brought her in at the age of seven weeks. she started destroying things in the house so I decided to put her in chain and confine her to a place in the parlour. after three days, whenever I release her, she barks, growl and attacks the legs of whoever she sees around. At times she tries her teeth on my legs and causes me slight injuries. if you attempt to beat, she will start barking at you. she stays on chain almost throughout the day since she has destroyed virtually every thing within her reach. friends help me out. Is this a sign of aggression, do I have a problem on my hands or is just a puppy trait. or probably teething. I really don't understand her anymore.
Re: My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by layzie: 5:54am On Oct 26, 2017
U do have a problem. Dog's psych is not normal

1 Like

Re: My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by Kovu(m): 6:19am On Oct 26, 2017
thestriker:
she is just 11 weeks old and she has been staying inside the house with us. I brought her in at the age of seven weeks. she started destroying things in the house so I decided to put her in chain and confine her to a place in the parlour. after three days, whenever I release her, she barks, growl and attacks the legs of whoever she sees around. At times she tries her teeth on my legs and causes me slight injuries. if you attempt to beat, she will start barking at you. she stays on chain almost throughout the day since she has destroyed virtually every thing within her reach. friends help me out. Is this a sign of aggression, do I have a problem on my hands or is just a puppy trait. or probably teething. I really don't understand her anymore.

Get her bones to play with. She's probably teething. Make sure those bones are not the ones that can splinter.

1 Like

Re: My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2017
thestriker:

Had the same problem minus the barking and growling part... But it was more of a playful gesture of tge dog...

I guess it's teething like someone suggested you should also walk it more it probably needs more activities... Maybe its bored
Re: My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by Jungpablo: 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
the whole problem is down to yu OP how can yu chain a pup in the corner of your house for 3days? it's still a puppy give it a little freedom buy chew toys allow it play and run around take it outside socialize it that dog is bored.

2 Likes

Re: My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by metroid(m): 1:07am On Oct 27, 2017
OP your dog is still a puppy it needs attention not chain.
Re: My 11 Weeks Old Rottweiler Is Becoming Something Else by davillian(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
@ 11 weeks my dog did same she digs,run round the house,she plays with my legs also even till now she 10months.
She doesn't put pressure on the bite when ever I ignite the rough play by kicking her legs.
I gave my puppy a toy and she dint mess with anything in the house.

(1) (Reply)

Dairy of My Boerboel from the beginning he need help / 6 Male And Female Six Weeks Old Boerboel Puppies For Sale / Please Kindly Identify If They Are Full Breeds( GSD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.