Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod (22479 Views)

"Buhari Will Still Win" - Ngige Tells Igbos / Olujonwo, Obasanjo's Son, Supports Buhari For 2019 Presidency / "Buhari Will Win 2019 Elections" - Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 6:59am On Oct 26, 2017
Before you proceed, kindly know that this is my personal opinion which I am entitled to, just like you are entitled to yours!

It is no longer news that Nigerians are undergoing much more suffering in the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration than has ever been experienced in the 18years of absolute democracy in the country.

This suffering and hardship has been defined differently, according to each person's political views and affiliations. President Buhari's supporters have not wasted any chance to shout to high havens that the suffering and hardship is as a result of the rot left behind by the defeated, now opposition Peoples Democratic Party, particularly, the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan has been fingered the most.

Whereas, others see it differently, as they believe the hardship is as a result of the ruling party's inability and inexperience to manage the country. Those in this school, point to many factors to proof their points. Some of which are:

1. Nigerian Naira was around 197 to one USDolloar, $1 = N197, at the tthe the current administration took over powers, but now, the difference is almost double of what it used to be.

2. PMS pump price was at N97, despite the fact that crude oil sold for $100/per barrel then. Now it is at N145 even though crude oil is selling at $54/barrel.

3. The Nigerian Economy was one of the best in Africa, yet after the new administration came on board, the economy plunged into recession.

4. As a result of the recession, food stuffs skyrocketed, thus, the hardship in question.

5. Etc

Be it as it may, Nigerians, particularly those from the Southern part of the country have accused the current President of sectional leadership style. Some believe the President favours citizens from the North more than he does those from the South.

This accusations have formed the basis for which many people who feel unduly treated, together with those not feeling the impact of this government, should I say, those feeling the impact negatively, have vowed to vote President Buhari and APC out of power, come 2019.

The truth of the matter; it is easier for this poster to be President by 2019 than for the South to vote out President Buhari, should he decide to contest.
Hold on, I know you don't share my position and want to attack me now. But can you set emotions aside so we face reality?

-Now, President Muhammadu Buhari is highly revered in the North. Most Northerners, particularly, the Muslims who hold the majority in terms of population see him as their Messiah and will vote for his obituary poster(pun intended here). In that case, Buhari on a wheel chair will still win in the entire.

- In the South, he has allies who will rather die than not support him, even if he were on a sick bed. These persons include; Rochas Okorocha, Governor of Imo State, Rotimi Amaechi, Babatunde Fashola, Ibikunle Amosun, Chris Ngige, Fayemi Kayode, et al.

With those people, Buhari will get the needed votes from the South (he may not necessarily win the South).
If you check, I did not mention Tinubu nor Obasanjo. That was on purpose. Because, in some quarters, people believe that Tinubu has fallen out of favours from the President and as such ''may'' not support him by 2019.

So you see! It is almost impossible to vote out Buhari and he, just like his supporters, like Sarrki, Cleverly, Hungerbad, Omenka, Mynd44(no ban me o, I get right to talk o) and others know this. Hence, they keep shouting, Buhari till 2023.

Let the bashing begin!

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Kalashnikov102(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2017
When everyone eyes don open

13 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by jumper524(m): 7:13am On Oct 26, 2017
the fact that Buhari plunged us into recession doesn't change the fact that if good luck or anybody were to be president it would have been averted. I remember vividly during the last days of goodlucks regime how economist were predicting doom for Nigeria.. many federal civil servant were scared of the fact that they won't be able to pay salaries... but thank god for buhari... salaries is no longer a problem at the federal level. because of Buhari and the recession I can see vast improvement in agriculture at the northern part of the country... its only a matter of time for the country to be fully stable..

77 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2017
jumper524:
the fact that Buhari plunged us into recession doesn't change the fact that if good luck or anybody were to be president it would have been averted. I remember vividly during the last days of goodlucks regime how economist were predicting doom for Nigeria.. many federal civil servant were scared of the fact that they won't be able to pay salaries... but thank god for buhari... salaries is no longer a problem at the federal level. because of Buhari and the recession I can see vast improvement in agriculture at the northern part of the country... its only a matter of time for the country to be fully stable..

Really?
If you want to talk about Buhari's achievements, please don't mention agriculture. It's a friendly warning. Because when those who have the strength to argue finally get here, they will put that line in the thrash where it belongs.
Have you heard of Akinwumi Adesina? Erstwhile minister of agriculture and all the good this he did in that sector?
Now we have Audu Ogbe who is exporting yams. Or did anyone tell you the yams were rejected in the US because they were bad? wink wink wink

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Mynd44: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2017
Abeg, let 2019 come first.

Plus, do know President Buhari can actually lose right? Just depends on who is going against him

13 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 26, 2017
Mynd44:
Abeg, let 2019 come first.

Plus, ou do know President Buhari can actually lose right? Just depends on who is going against him
Buhari base is still strong, Relative calm and Govt efforts in North east will secure a strategic voting block, the North west will vote in these line along side certain states in NC & SW, if the opposition is able to rebuild itself before 2019 but currently the opposition is in chaos and lacks a prospective candidate with a uniting and charismatic substance, as such 2019 election will be decided at the APC primaries

21 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2017
IbnSultaan:

Buhari base is still strong, Relative calm and Govt efforts in North east will secure a strategic voting block, the North west will vote in these line along side certain states in NC & SW, if the opposition is able to rebuild itself before 2019 but currently the opposition is in chaos and lacks a prospective candidate with a uniting and charismatic substance, as such 2019 election will be decided at the APC primaries
Baba, how far now...
Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Atiku2019: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2017
Likes for Atiku cool

Share for Buhari cry

112 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Clerverly: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2017
Ipob yoots vote with Sentiments... grin grin grin

They Shout 2019..when you ask them, who will defeat Buhari...they chorus Atiku, Fayose... grin grin grin grin

Yeye people!

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 26, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Baba, how far now...
I de gallant, how your side & movement
Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by jumper524(m): 7:45am On Oct 26, 2017
Axelrod:

Really?
If you want to talk about Buhari's achievements, please don't mention agriculture. It's a friendly warning. Because when those who have the strength to argue finally get here, they will put that line in the thrash where it belongs.
Have you heard of Akinwumi Adesina? Erstwhile minister of agriculture and all the good this he did in that sector?
Now we have Audu Ogbe who is exporting yams. Or did anyone tell you the yams were rejected in the US because they were bad? wink wink wink
you fell for that crap that our yams are spoilt?? no nah.. beside if you stay in the north you'll know agriculture has improved drastically my LGA kuje abuja are having problems with chicken sales despite low price so many people venture into poultry business as well as farm products.. if you stay in d north you'll notice for the past 3 years there's continuous increase in agriculture..

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by FarahAideed: 7:46am On Oct 26, 2017
jumper524:

If anybody else was President Nigeria wouldnt have plunged into recession

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:47am On Oct 26, 2017
IbnSultaan:

I de gallant, how your side & movement
Hustle get as e be, but we thank God we not on the street begging. Make God answer the cries of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Bolustical: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 26, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Hustle get as e be, but we thank God we not on the street begging. Make God answer the cries of Nigerians
We have survived the worst, hopefully we move gradually to better days, a lot of collective work is needed to achieve it.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by TippyTop(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2017
-Now, President Muhammadu Buhari is highly revered in the North. Most Northerners, particularly, the Muslims who hold the majority in terms of population see him as their Messiah and will vote for his obituary poster(pun intended here). In that case, Buhari on a wheel chair will still win in the entire.

Buhari is likely to win, considering he appointed his extended family members as (INEC) umpires.

17 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Mynd44: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2017
IbnSultaan:

The thing is that President Buhari will get almost 95% votes from the NE and that's the only given for now.

But for sure, he isn't getting any votes from the SE/SS but neither can the opposition get much votes from the SE/SS. Voter apathy will be a huge problem.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by jumper524(m): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2017
FarahAideed:

If anybody else was President Nigeria wouldnt have plunged into recession
really?? things were already getting difficult during the end of goodlucks regime. dollar was crashing gradually, fuel scarcity was at its peak state govt were already finding it difficult to pay salaries.. all these happened when oil price dropped from $110 per barrel $60 now compare that with buhari's own that met it @ $55 and it fell down to as low as $28.. although today its sells around $55

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Mynd44: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2017
Clerverly:

They Shout 2019..when you ask them, who will defeat Buhari...they chorus Atiku, Fayose... grin grin grin grin

Yeye people!
The headache is that Nigeria does not have a lot of choices.

Kwankwaso is too "Weird"
El Rufai talks too much
Lamido *laughs*
Fayose can only win Ekiti
Donal Duke can never get his party's support
Artikulate *abeg, boys just want his money*

The president can lose though. If the opposition can savage the growing disinterest in the SS/SE and draw the NC in.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2017
Mynd44:

The thing is that President Buhari will get almost 95% votes from the NE and that's the only given for now.

But for sure, he isn't getting any votes from the SE/SS but neither can the opposition get much votes from the SE/SS. Voter apathy will be a huge problem.

Your forgot the North West kano Kaduna Katsina, sokoto (only a strong opposition can cut their vote strength)

The SS N SE have shown in 2015 that it is disastrous to rely on their vote ,even when they do vote (ask Gej)

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by sarrki(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2017
Dem no dey tell man say rain dey fall

Baba will win hands down

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2017
jumper524:
you fell for that crap that our yams are spoilt?? no nah.. beside if you stay in the north you'll know agriculture has improved drastically my LGA kuje abuja are having problems with chicken sales despite low price so many people venture into poultry business as well as farm products.. if you stay in d north you'll notice for the past 3 years there's continuous increase in agriculture..

Was it a lie

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/fg-explains-exported-yams-rotten/

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Mynd44: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2017
IbnSultaan:

Your forgot the North West kano Kaduna Katsina, sokoto (only a strong opposition can cut their vote strength)

The SS N SE have shown in 2015 that it is disastrous to rely on their vote ,even when they do vote (ask Gej)
True. But if someone like Kwankwaso contests, it throws a spanner into that wheel.

As for the votes from the SS/SE, true again but remember that the difference between 2011 and 2015 was a few NC votes and votes from the SW taken away from Former President Jonathan.

It gets worse(for the opposition) that the votes from the SS/SE will be less this time.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by FarahAideed: 8:09am On Oct 26, 2017
Buhari can only win 2019 election by using a combination of electoral fraud and military might but God willing he wont get to that stage

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by lastcall: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2017
Axelrod:
Before you proceed, kindly know that this is my personal opinion which I am entitled to, just like you are entitled to yours!

It is no longer news that Nigerians are undergoing much more suffering in the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration than has ever been experienced in the 18years of absolute democracy in the country.

This suffering and hardship has been defined differently, according to each person's political views and affiliations. President Buhari's supporters have not wasted any chance to shout to high havens that the suffering and hardship is as a result of the rot left behind by the defeated, now opposition Peoples Democratic Party, particularly, the immediate past administration of President Goodluck Jonathan has been fingered the most.

Whereas, others see it differently, as they believe the hardship is as a result of the ruling party's inability and inexperience to manage the country. Those in this school, point to many factors to proof their points. Some of which are:

1. Nigerian Naira was around 197 to one USDolloar, $1 = N197, at the tthe the current administration took over powers, but now, the difference is almost double of what it used to be.

2. PMS pump price was at N97, despite the fact that crude oil sold for $100/per barrel then. Now it is at N145 even though crude oil is selling at $54/barrel.

3. The Nigerian Economy was one of the best in Africa, yet after the new administration came on board, the economy plunged into recession.

4. As a result of the recession, food stuffs skyrocketed, thus, the hardship in question.

5. Etc

Be it as it may, Nigerians, particularly those from the Southern part of the country have accused the current President of sectional leadership style. Some believe the President favours citizens from the North more than he does those from the South.

This accusations have formed the basis for which many people who feel unduly treated, together with those not feeling the impact of this government, should I say, those feeling the impact negatively, have vowed to vote President Buhari and APC out of power, come 2019.

The truth of the matter; it is easier for this poster to be President by 2019 than for the South to vote out President Buhari, should he decide to contest.
Hold on, I know you don't share my position and want to attack me now. But can you set emotions aside so we face reality?

- In the South, he has allies who will rather die than not support him, even if he were on a sick bed. These persons include; Rochas Okorocha, Governor of Imo State, Rotimi Amaechi, Babatunde Fashola, Ibikunle Amosun, Chris Ngige, Fayemi Kayode, et al.

With those people, Buhari will get the needed votes from the South (he may not necessarily win the South).
If you check, I did not mention Tinubu nor Obasanjo. That was on purpose. Because, in some quarters, people believe that Tinubu has fallen out of favours from the President and as such ''may'' not support him by 2019.

So you see! It is almost impossible to vote out Buhari and he, just like his supporters, like Sarrki, Cleverly, Hungerbad, Omenka, Mynd44(no ban me o, I get right to talk o) and others know this. Hence, they keep shouting, Buhari till 2023.

Let the bashing begin!

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, this is front page worthy!
Ewa
Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Clerverly: 8:13am On Oct 26, 2017
Mynd44:

The headache is that Nigeria does not have a lot of choices.

Kwankwaso is too "Weird"
El Rufai talks too much
Lamido *laughs*
Fayose can only win Ekiti
Donal Duke can never get his party's support
Artikulate *abeg, boys just want his money*

The president can lose though. If the opposition can savage the growing disinterest in the SS/SE and draw the NC in.

Opposition cannot Savage anything, when they looked the other way, while secessionists in the South East, were busy insulting and abusing the rest of Nigerians...

If you dont know, the Campaign theme of APC in The North will be Unity Of Nigeria...(Buhari)

Then in South East, They Will Sell Northern Agenda (Meaning electing another candidate aside Buhari, would be giving the Northerner 12 Years of broken Leadership....

Head or Tail...I dont see any combination from the Opposition, that defeat Buhari...unless he chooses to step down.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by cstr1000: 8:19am On Oct 26, 2017
IbnSultaan:

You are not serious.
2 regions gave 12 millions while 4 regions that buhari won gave him 15 million.
If anything, the SE/SS have shown their electoral value. Ofcourse you don't exepect 2 regions to win against 4 regions. I even expected far more support from his 4 regions.
If Jonathan had gotten just one more region to make it 3-3 he would have won.
Any politician that retains the SE/SS and add another region to it will win.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2017
IbnSultaan:

But the same SE and SS delivered the decisive votes that crushed Buhari. What happened in 2015 was that Buhari had more zones than GEJ so there is a limit to which having two zones can achieve. This would hold true even if th two zones were the NW and NE.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2017
Mynd44:

If Atiku runs he would win or greatly get votes in the North-East.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by HoluwarTohbar(f): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2017
Clerverly:

Yeye people!
You are scared stiff and it's in your post.

This Op just needs some attention and congrats you are getting it on a platter.

Ordinarily, this post should be in joke section but since mynd44 has also commented, it means it remains here.

The very people that made Buhari president (Tinubu and OBJ), have been gratefully removed by you from the equation. Except these two maverick politicians are willing to return Buhari to power, Buhari is going back to his 150 cows in daura.

How many times before now did he contest, didnt his Almajiri worshippers vote for him? Did their votes give him the required national spread he needed to win?

You mention dead woods like Ngige, Okorocha and Fashola etc, how many votes did Buhari get from IMO and Anambra in 2015? Fashola is even the worst, dude has no political structure whatsoever even in his surulere constituency!

Buhari as dymistified today, has nothing else to deceive Nigerians with come 2019!

Other candidates who equally command a sizeable following from his almajiric north will appear come 2019 and the votes will be split!

For sure, Buhari cannot win election in the south anymore except his spin doctors manufacture a totally strange color paint to refurbish the old sepulchre to deceive zombies once again!!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by tsdarkside(m): 8:29am On Oct 26, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
You are scared stiff and it's in your post.

This Op just needs some attention and congrats you are getting it on a platter.

Ordinarily, this post should be in joke section but since mynd44 has also commented, it means it remains here.

The very people that made Buhari president (Tinubu and OBJ), have been gratefully removed by you from the equation. Except these two maverick politicians are willing to return Buhari to power, Buhari is going back to his 150 cows in daura.

How many times before now did he contest, didnt his Almajiri worshippers vote for him? Did their votes give him the required national spread he needed to win?

You mention dead woods like Ngige, Okorocha and Fashola etc, how many votes did Buhari get from IMO and Anambra in 2015? Fashola is even the worst, dude has no political structure whatsoever even in his surulere constituency!

Buhari as dymistified today, has nothing else to deceive Nigerians with come 2019!

Other candidates who equally command a sizeable following from his almajiric north will appear come 2019 and the votes will be split!

For sure, Buhari cannot win election in the south anymore except his spin doctors manufacture a totally strange color paint to refurbish the old sepulchre to deceive zombies once again!!

wowww...what you write sound like chinese to me...... shocked shocked shocked

but i dont understand chinese... grin...yeah,some words i understand in chinese..... grin...

but this is too much chinese...!!!!..... grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod by Clerverly: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

But the same SE and SS delivered the decisive votes that crushed Buhari. What happened in 2015 was that Buhari had more zones than GEJ so there is a limit to which having two zones can achieve. This would hold true even if th two zones were the NW and NE.

grin grin grin Motor park analysis, the elections in Nigeria are not won based on the number of zones a candidate wins but rather on a simple majority, provided the candidate meets the required 1/3 of the votes in the 2/3 of the Federation.

The total votes of the entire South East/SS are not bigger than that of the North West, Before you add other regions... grin grin grin

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Ongoing Road Rehabilitation By Federal Government. #FGatWork / Fayemi Sworn-in As Governor Of Ekiti State (photos) / Tinubu Healthier Than Most Youths Complaining About His Health Status- SWAGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.