Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture (63930 Views)

Adekunle Gold And Simi Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary With Lovely Picture / Waje Celebrates Her Mother On Her Birthday, With Lovely Picture / Olajumoke Shares New Lovely Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by kasany(f): 9:05am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
Ugh...please stop spreading lies. This isn't about the black skin or something but the girl is UGLY. Like ugly in Uppercase.
We shouldn't encourage hypocrisy in the bid to promote the black skin. I'm sure the only reason why she's still keeping that complexion is because it is her means of livelihood.
your mind is ugly

3 Likes

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by enemyofprogress: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2017
This babe is ugly
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by mysteryman2014: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
at bolded...cheesygrincheesy.

Exactly my dear. Hypocrisy is just rife in this world. I know a lot of white people would have commented "Wow, she's so gorgeous" just because they don't want to be called racist for saying she is ugly. grin
But deep down...they are like "Wow, babe is so black. Exactly like coal!"

grin

Much like you hate the black skin texture

1 Like

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Dollabiz: 9:09am On Oct 27, 2017
Good
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by gtrader: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2017
She look very dirty to me, her dark skin colour is a no to me
Penaldo:
South Sudanese Beauty Yai Goes Viral Gains 16,000 Followers Overnight After This One Images Goes Viral

Yai, 19, is a student of Biochemistry at Plymouth State University, who moved to the U.S. from South Sudan in 2000. She was having a good time at Howard University’s homecoming when a photographer began taking photos of her.

“A friend of mine and I decided to travel to Washington, D.C., to attend Howard University’s Homecoming,” she told Yahoo. She and the friend attended Yardfest – the homecoming concert – and on her way to the dorms, the photographer TheSUNK randomly starts taking photos of her. She said:

After Yardfest ended, I began walking toward the dorms, when a photographer that goes by the name Steve ‘theSUNK’ Hall randomly started taking photos of me.
While he was taking down my information, he said, “Today was a good day, and a couple of these photos have the potential to go viral.” I didn’t really think much of it, so I just smiled and went on about my day.
Little did she know, those images will send her going viral on social media. This picture on theSUNK gained over 10,000 likes on their instagram page.

“It wasn’t until later that evening that I picked up my phone and found hundreds of Instagram notifications piling in,” Yai told Yahoo.

“Before all this happened, I had around 150 followers and was getting about 20 to 30 likes on each photo, and then suddenly, these numbers skyrocketed in a matter of hours.”

Now Yai has almost 25,000 followers and the post below has garnered almost 16,000 likes.

http://m.af1234.com/Af1234/details/south-sudanese-beauty-yai-goes-viral-gains-16000-followers-overnight-after-this-one-images-goes-viral
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Boyooosa(m): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
Ugh...please stop spreading lies. This isn't about the black skin or something but the girl is UGLY. Like ugly in Uppercase.
We shouldn't encourage hypocrisy in the bid to promote the black skin. I'm sure the only reason why she's still keeping that complexion is because it is her means of livelihood.
BTW may and now, u av used 8 days out of your life on NL, SMH.
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by ireneidiva(f): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
This one is really paining you o.

1 Like

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by OgundijoJustus(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
please tell them. Let them know. I was wondering who were the people that liked her picture. Her UGLY is supposed to be Bold sef. SMH
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Lightning07(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:

At least she's got eyebrows grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by OgundijoJustus(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2017
kasany:
your mind is ugly
her mind isn't ugly it's the fact. She's ugly I mean I can't sef beauty in her.

1 Like

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2017
You have been gyrating on this thread mentioning whoever has the same view as you, so I hope you won't take this as an offence either, cos just like you, everyone has their opinion, after checking your profile picture, I can only say with all the filter, that girl up there is more beautiful than you even in her so called "blackness "
according to you #justanopinion
Mariinee:
Exactly. grin grin grin
I'm just weak for this people.

Morning and how was your night?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Boyooosa(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2017
gtrader:
She look very dirty to me, her dark skin colour is a no to me
If you look at the picture with your right eye, you will find out that she has natural and was greatly created but she spoilt it all with her unnecessary bushy hair style and that stolen marine nails.
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Olatara(f): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2017
FreshBoiy:

Did you just seriously say there is nothing wrong with that statement?

The issue isn't whether she went viral or not. If you read the post you would notice it wasn't planned, she was having a good time and some random photographer decides to start taking pictures of her. Now that she has gone viral and people say she is beautiful can't we leave it at that?

If people say she is beautiful and deep down they don't mean it, who cares?

Thanks for this statement, u are the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by robotix: 9:18am On Oct 27, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

Aha! Just when I was about to type a scathingly blunt remark, I stumbled on this - an exact projection of what I felt, what I still feel.

This isn't beautiful. Beauty isn't automatically a function of your skin colour. The chin, eye, lips , earlobes structures are requisites for having a beautiful face.

Kelly Rowland is dark-skinned but I dare opine she's more beautiful than Ellen DeGeneres who's white.

Genevieve is more beautiful than Cossy Orjiakor who's fairskinned.

Save us the politically correct hogwash! Not all black is beauty!
did you create your self? What if you came into the world ugly as Shrek, what would you do?

1 Like

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
Pot calling kettle black. Ugliness everywhere.
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by auto2(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
This ugly thing calling another girl ugly

1 Like

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Olatara(f): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
Okay, cool. But what about when you compare her to other ladies who aren't Sudanese? Lol.
I have no problem with her or her complexion. But people here claiming "she's beautiful" just because they want to pretend they are humane and nice are the ones I have a problem with.
The other black model, that one is even more popular. She's blacker and more beautiful. This one just doesn't cut it for me.

But maybe it's just me sha, my definition of beauty is weird. Even I don't categorize myself in the beauty department. So, it's not abouh jealousy. grin
Girl u don't have to quote everybody to prove ur self, U ARE SAYING THE SAME DAMN BORING SHIT.

2 Likes

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by LuvU2: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2017
Aww she is pretty and very dark. I checked the girl who said she is ugly, Omy how can she have a voice when it comes to beauty grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by toplad97: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:

But she's finer than you sha. With your fair complexion

1 Like

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Slayer2: 9:22am On Oct 27, 2017
purples25:
I think her facial structure is perfect. She's got a perfect set of eyes, snub cute little nose, small lips, high cheekbones, oval face. That's very proportionate in my opinion. What else are they looking for.

And I think you have got natural beauty, no make up /filter, beautiful set of eyes coupled with sexy lips I would like to kiss wink kiss
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by buskie13(m): 9:23am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
jealousy kills faster than HIV and Cancer combined, repent

3 Likes

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Jagabanmonerry(m): 9:23am On Oct 27, 2017
shinarlaura:

You know why i like u so much?

Because u always say things just the way they re kiss kiss
You don't pretend to please other people
Sweeree... How are you today?
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by shinarlaura(f): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2017
Jagabanmonerry:
Sweeree... How are you today?

I am doing good and u?

Goodmorning
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by freshvine(f): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:

continue with ur tablets, it may get resistant if u dont.

3 Likes

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Jagabanmonerry(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2017
LuvU2:
Aww she is pretty and very dark. I checked the girl who said she is ugly, Omy how can she have a voice when it comes to beauty grin

You are funny girl. I pm you.
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by JennyOfOldstones(f): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
Ugh! The only ugly thing I can see right now are your words. What gives you the right to call her ugly? Do you think you're beautiful? I see you quoting people who share your skewed POV...What are you searching for? Validation?

4 Likes

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Paschy88(m): 9:28am On Oct 27, 2017
Holy Christ.. This one black oo
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by dadtoyosi: 9:28am On Oct 27, 2017
She is beautiful and sexy.

Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Jagabanmonerry(m): 9:28am On Oct 27, 2017
shinarlaura:

I am doing good and u?

Goodmorning
Fine ooo. Enjoy urself ok.
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 27, 2017
Slayer2:

And I think you have got natural beauty, no make up /filter, beautiful set of eyes coupled with sexy lips I would like to kiss wink kiss
Kwantinu
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by wandyvirus(m): 9:29am On Oct 27, 2017
Why compare her to the bread seller? This piece of beauty is an under grad and has a whole lot more potential than the photo bombing bread seller. Abeg let's not celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Anok Yai: South Sudanese Beauty Goes Viral Overnight After This Lovely Picture by Awoo88: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2017
Mariinee:
na jealousy dey Warri u.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MC Fish: Why I Wash My Wife’s Underwear – Anita Joseph’s Husband / Wizkid's Starboy Fest 2019: People Waiting Outside For Ticket / EFCC Warns Kemi Adetiba With Her Work "The Wedding Party"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.