Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today Thursday, 26/10/2017. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today Thursday, 26/10/2017. (384 Views)

Deeper Life 160,000 Capacity Intl Centre; The Church Gives Updates - Pics / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Daystar Christian Centre Donates N10million To UNHCR Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today Thursday, 26/10/2017. by niceluvsus(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTRE
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY
THURSDAY, 26/10/2017.

#TOPIC: OVERCOMING LIFE CHALLENGES (PT. 3)

#TEXT: 1 Samuel 30:10-13, 15, 17-18 (KJV)
10 But David pursued, he and four hundred men: for two hundred abode behind, which were so faint that they could not go over the brook Besor.
11 And they found an Egyptian in the field, and brought him to David, and gave him bread, and he did eat; and they made him drink water;
12 And they gave him a piece of a cake of figs, and two clusters of raisins: and when he had eaten, his spirit came again to him: for he had eaten no bread, nor drunk any water, three days and three nights.
13 And David said unto him, To whom belongest thou? and whence art thou? And he said, I am a young man of Egypt, servant to an Amalekite; and my master left me, because three days agone I fell sick.
15 And David said to him, Canst thou bring me down to this company? And he said, Swear unto me by God, that thou wilt neither kill me, nor deliver me into the hands of my master, and I will bring thee down to this company.
17 And David smote them from the twilight even unto the evening of the next day: and there escaped not a man of them, save four hundred young men, which rode upon camels, and fled.
18 And David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away: and David rescued his two wives.

#MESSAGE:
God words are true. God is faithful. God does not lie, He does not fail, and He is sure. Just as God promised, David recovered all as stated later in the scripture (1 Sam. 30: 18 and 19) If God has promised you, hold on to His promises in faith, they shall surely come to pass in Jesus name.

# Friends, it's true that David overcame and revovered all, but his third strategy contributed greatly to his wining. In 1 Sam 30:10, God told David to pursue. David obeyed and pursued. Therefore obedience to divine instruction, when it looks irrational is also another principle of overcoming and restoration. Beloved, What has the Holy Spirit told you to do that you have refused to do out of fear or procrastination? Hear me this morning; You miracle is in obedience.

# One thing you must know is that divine instructions comes with divine provisions, though you may not see it until you make a move of obedience. As soon as David obeyed divine instruction, and moved in pursuit of the Amalekites, God provided a provision of sure recovery.‘And they found an Egyptian in the field, and they brought him to David’- verse 11.

# Dear friends, God has positioned someone to guide you out of your problems, as you take steps, your divine helpers will manifest in Jesus name. David never knew the way the Amalekites went. He never knew their route. He simply pursued out of blind obedience. Then help came from heaven. He met an abandoned slave from the camp of the enemy who showed him the way. Help is on your way as you take steps to come out of your crises. God shall show you the way, when there seems to be no way.

# And here comes the fourth strategy of David;‘And they gave him a piece of a cake of figs’ – verse 12. This word is for you this morning; Be nice to strangers, as your deliverance may be wrought through them. David’s camp never knew who the Egyptian abandoned in the field was, and yet they treated him nicely. Several other people might have passed by him, thinking he is an unnecessary distraction and nuisance. Alas, he held the key to the way forward in David pursuit of his enemies. Your love for your neighbors and strangers may determine your deliverance.

# Beloved, stop weeping, it doesn't solve any problem. Pray to God as you engage this Davidic strategies and I see you overcoming every challenges/invasions of the Amalekites in Jesus mighty name.

‘And David recovered all’ –verse 18. David recovered all the enemies stole from him. You too can recover all if you follow the principles of David. You can overcome that challenges and recover your marital joy, your job, finances, health, and most importantly your salvation in Jesus name.

#PRAYER:
Father, thank You for your word this morning. Give me grace to obey divine instructions and not to be carried away with its simplicity. Lord, in every challenges i face, provide me an helper that will guide me into victory and direct me into recovery in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Who Really Controls Or Rules The World? / Evangelism Takes A New Turn / Learn This About Tithing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.