Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland (843 Views)

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / What I Learned From My Fairytale Marriage / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by SALady(f): 9:01am On Mar 16, 2010
Hi Naira's I went throuhg a couple of posts yesterday that took me to all sorts of thoughts and emotions about the world I live in. When I went to bed I realised what a struggle it is to really make it through life. Some topics and posts that I felt were silly and some that I found so rediculous I've had to keep my opinion to myself, and ofcourse some really really educational and inspirational.

Isnt it amazing how we all could be living in the same world breath the same air and be ruled by one God and yet our lives be affected in so many different ways. Having joined this forum has allowed me to take good stock of my life, as to what happened in it and what didnt happen and what I would still like to do with my life.

It is through this forum that I've had to learn that my life is by far not anywhere close to where I want it to be. Since I joined the forum I have managed to plug the courage to fix every wrong thing that could be happening in my life from friendships, relationships and parental issues. I have decided to work very hard at my state of grace which seems to have diminished each day due to the people that we invite in our lives and the negative words that we take in, not to mention the worries that I have.

My biggest lesson was to love more only this time to learn to love with my head and not with my heart. My heart is my source of life and I need to protect it with everything in me. I've learned to let go of things that bring pain and suffering in my life and that my joy and peace is with God.

I've learned that people are inherently good and that there's a lot of them here on Nairaland. Nairalander's keep the positive vibes going there's a lot of good that some of us pick up here. You dont always have the right answeres to a lot of questions but you certainly make an impact with your responses, and my life becouse of your responses is under operation rebirth.

Please dont get me wrong I am not claiming perfection, I sometimes like the weak side of me it keeps me in check with my reality and ofcourse sometimes we need to go a little crazy just to survive just as long as we do not harm others in the process.
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 16, 2010
to have thick skin

otherwise you won't make it alive out of this jungle.insults flying all ova the place cheesy
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by SALady(f): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
haaaaahaaa! that's funny but true though, very true. I think I have developed thick skin myself ever since I joined the site. Its a good thing though.
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by DeepSoul(f): 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
I've learnt too much for it to be put in a few lines. Except Im given permission to write a book calld "What I Have Learned From NL" smiley
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
the stuff you learn on here is amazing. you learn about how nigerians all around the world think, how they view life from all over the planet, how they react to every news around the world and how they go about making a better life for themselves. you may realize how different or not you may be from the lot and what are most nigerian priority(religion/marriage/money/s e x ).

NL is a place where you will read the most amazing stories, claims, beliefs and what not. if you want to break a rib laughing then just read some of the stories out here.

you have to take NL as what it is: people behind their computer who are not afraid to be themselves in every sense of the word. its like a big happy family though. . . . .  you have your crazy uncle, your trouble making sister, your perv brother, your religious parent and the rest of the click but an extended family anyway!

we are all here to put our point across from what we believe/know on whatever subject. some people may like what you will bring to the discussion, others wont and a small few will just start abusing you for your beliefs.
some people come on here to vent their frustration and you cant blame them for that. its a free forum after all.

ENJOY THE RIDE AND DONT LET IT GET TO YOU!!!!
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
MrPrsdent:

to have thick skin

otherwise you won't make it alive out of this jungle.insults flying all ova the place cheesy

Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
@topic I have learned some negative and positive stuff here, take in the positive and drop the negative.

P.S The one thing I have really learned is that marriage is really really really not easy. grin
Re: Tell Us What Have You Learned From Nairaland by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 16, 2010
The negative - tribalism is very much alive and growing even amongst young Nigerians that were born and bred overseas, people can be really vicious and unfeeling toward others, too many psychos posting on here, too many people just spoiling for a fight

The good - The site is very informative in several different ways, lots of debates take place without the traditional recourse to name-calling and abuse. Somedays, you read posts and feel there might be hope for this country yet, other days. . . . . . lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Nostradamus Unlocked / Will You Have A Joint Account With Your Wife/husband? / Not To Marry The One You Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.