Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. (23781 Views)

"I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / How Lovers Should Settle Their Fight During COVID-19 At Home / Ladies, When You Are Ready To Settle Down, Don't Settle For These Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Everyday we see people who had vowed to love one another till death turning around to detest each other and despite the clamor for someone to love,many people are left with heartbreak with single mums and dads on the increase which makes me wonder if this thing called love exists.

I think the reason many relationships fail these days is because we don't ask the right questions and we allow that crazy emotion gets the best part of us simply because we seek for love rather than seek for the real deal.

Wouldn't it be better if we have a different approach towards this facade called love affair?

I present to you 10 reasons why we should rather settle for a partner rather than an unrealistic lover...

1.A partner does not bother about us being compatible or whether I love her but she is more concerned about what we stand to benefit from each other. We are not parasitic but symbiotic in our partnership and both of us have something we bring to the table.

2. We are both ready without being melodramatic...we are not controlled by our heart but we use our heads. She sees what she wants in me and I see what I want in her...we ask the right questions and do due diligence to be sure and we get it on without fear of the so called heartbreak..we take it as a deal and not an unrealistic love affair.

3. We are less concerned whether we are meant for one another, if one person wants kids and the other does, if one person wants to commit and the other doesn’t, if one wants to live somewhere the other doesn’t, etc...all we do is weigh the options and if it is still worth it,we become partners and if not,we go our separate ways.

4.It is a deal with little emotions attached.You don’t find yourself trying to piece together “evidence” that they love you. You don’t have so much subconscious doubt that you feel you need to prove it to yourself, or anybody else. And more interesting is that you don't feel betrayed or hate on each other if either of you decide to quit.

5.Just like business partners, you can voice your concerns about the relationship without fear or being sentimental or emotional...communication is more frank and sincere.

6. Sex is never on demand but more pleasurable cos you will get it when the other person is ready unlike the must have in the case of marital love affairs...this simply means that If you stripped away the sexual part of your relationship, you’d still be best friends.

7. You can simply be yourself. You’re more desired and appreciated in a realistic manner everyday moments than you are when you’re going out or trying to impress the one you love.

8. You are more cautious,responsible and dedicated just like in a business partnership...You’re not necessarily completely certain, but you are absolutely willing to see whether or not you can become certain over time.

9. You’re happy and will remain so on your own regardless of the outcome . You could continue to be happy on your own, even if you lost this person cos you are already prepared emotionally. This is to say: you are not clinging to this person because you’re just terrified of being alone.

10. You actually want to spend time with them. A lot of time.You feel more at peace than you do anything else. At the core of your relationship is a very calm knowing, not a hectic need to prove anything to anyone.

In my opinion,if everyone can look for a partner rather than a lover,the world will witness the best union imaginable cos by trying to be a great partner,you inadvertedly become a great lover.

Don't know if this makes sense.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by obi4eze(m): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
I don't agree with the sex part. There are many reasons but one is that one of the parties will surely feel that s/he is being used.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by daewoorazer(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
This in its entirety is the definition of a 'baby-mama Vs baby-daddy' relationship.

The following points from 5 through 10 save 9 are totally off track.

Davido and Sophia is a perfect example

5. What idea does Sophia have for Davido..she can only murmur and wail from afar.

6. Davido can never go back to lamba Sophia... If she waits, she is on a long thing, perhaps rapture will happen first

7. Sophia is already flaunting her body for the next customer to come while Davido has another babyMama already...none is desired by the other...dunno bout Sophia tho

8. Davido is in no way cautious and as a matter of fact, his irresponsibility increases by d day....

10. Do you think Davido wants to spend time with Iya imade?

17 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by tosyne2much(m): 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
And here goes Toks again cheesy

Waiting for team "go and marry" to come and bash the OP
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by 9jayes: 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
obi4eze:
I don't agree with the sex part
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
And here goes Toks again cheesy

Wish I could do away with this crazy passion for freelance writing.Let me call seen or mynd44 to see this and decide.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
You can never be fulfilled...relationship wise, if you find yourself in such a relationship. Going by what you've stated here, the parties involved would be emotionally unavailable 'cause your relationship is transactional which makes it pure business for those involved. It's human nature to want to love and be loved. Imagine yourself in a relationship the lady/guy in question doesn't have an atom of feelings for you, it's best to have a one night stand than getting entangled in such affairs. On this note, I totally disagree with this write-up 'cause it didn't make sense to me.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
obi4eze:
I don't agree with the sex part

Kilode? it's partnership so you can't just order as you do in the usual love affair.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by tosyne2much(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
Toks2008:

Wish I could do away with this crazy passion for freelance writing.Let me call seen or mynd44 to see this and decide.
The same undying passion I have for it.. Ride on bro!
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Benita27:
You can never be fulfilled...relationship wise, if you find yourself in such a relationship. Going by what you've stated here, the parties involved would be emotionally unavailable 'cause your relationship is transactional which makes it pure business for those involved. It's human nature to want to love and be loved. Imagine yourself in a relationship the lady/guy in question doesn't have an atom of feelings for you, it's best to have a one night stand than getting entangled in such affairs. On this note, I totally disagree with this write-up 'cause it didn't make sense to me.

And who love and feeling epp? Go to yaba left and see the result. The bottom line is that by trying to be a great partner, you automatically become a great lover.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Oledia(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
It may not work the way you think. Life is uncertain.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by sweetgoodnews: 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
Very correct. Most people see love as business. Most especially from the female view. True love still exist and I can feel it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
Toks2008:

And who love and feeling Don epp? Go to yaba left and see the result.
If e no help you, e help others. Marriage/relationship of convenience is one based on agreement rather than mutual feeling(love). Do you really understand what's like to be confined in a room with someone that all your relationship is about is documented and must be agreed upon?.

This reminds me of Christian Grey's agreement with Anastasia Steel #Fiftyshadesofgrey. grin

8 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nope! It doesn't make sense.

An intimate relationship between a man and a woman is not a business transaction, one carries out with any customer who strolls in your office and shows interest on what you are selling.

It's more delicate than you imagine.

Your write up is unrealistic in real life.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2017
Benita27:
If e no help you, e help others. Marriage/relationship of convenience is one based on agreement rather than mutual feeling(love). Do you really understand what's like to be confined in a room with someone that all your relationship is about is documented and must be agreed upon?.

This reminds me of Christian Grey's agreement with Anastasia Steel #Fiftyshadesofgrey. grin

Maybe you need to read again before making comments. There is nothing like marriage of convenience here.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
alexialin:
Nope! It doesn't make sense.

An intimate relationship between a man and a woman is not a business transaction, one carries out with any customer who strolls in your office and shows interest on what you are selling.

It's more delicate than you imagine.

Your write up is unrealistic in real life.

Unfortunately ladies keep reading this with emotions attached. What is up there is the ideal way most ladies want their relationship to be cos at the end, they still get a partner like treatment.

With all the sermons in the world,baby mamas are on the rise,divorce is the order of the day so why all the stress...?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by R0ckefeller: 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
all those one are story just say you are looking for baby daddy or mama

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
Toks2008:

Maybe you need to read again before making comments. There is nothing like marriage of convenience here.
Your points pointed towards that. No love involved, purely transactional to avoid losses. You want a win-win situation for those involved but life itself isn't fair which makes your assumption impracticable. I understood what you wrote abso-fùcking-lutely.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
R0ckefeller:
all those one are story just say you are looking for baby daddy or mama

The easiest way to get a baby mama is to lead a lady on...promise her love,take her to your family then do introduction and make her pregnant then give her stories why the marriage should wait....

So the point is that this so called love talks is for rookies who want to be decieved.Its better to think straight so that you can know what you are getting into.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
Benita27:
Your points pointed towards that. No love involved, purely transactional to avoid losses. You want a win-win situation for those involved but life itself isn't fair which makes your assumption impracticable. I understood what you wrote abso-fùcking-lutely.

And I still ask you. with all these sermons about real love....why do we still have breakups on the increase? could there be something unrealistic about it?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
Toks2008:

Unfortunately ladies keep reading this with emotions attached. What is up there is the ideal way most ladies want their relationship to be cos at the end, they still get a partner like treatment.

With all the sermons in the world,baby mamas are on the rise,divorce is the order of the day so why all the stress...?

So because baby mamas are on the rise and some people tend to divorce instead of working on their marriage.
Does not mean we should throw in the trowel and live our private lives like its every day business. Soldier come, soldier go

You may tend to follow the society and where it's menace is pushing you towards.

For me? I ain't following such route at all.

I still have faith I will. Marry well and live long , prosperous and happy with my partner, even if everyone is divorcing.

For me, I can't date a baby daddy, how much more take him serious. And I know there are some men out there, who cannot be with baby mama no matter what.

It's all about choices for yourself, as an individual.

Even in US wey divorce yaapa! And baby mama's and daddy's everywhere there.

Rappers still dey marry, the rich still marries and also the poor and average. They follow it through to the end, hoping they will have a Happy home and be with their loved ones till death do them part.

Some. People still have hope and faith they will get it right, even when majority are failing.

For me, I don't give up. And as a human being, u can't afford to give up to the pressures of society. Hell no!

9 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by InfinixMine: 10:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
OP Toks2008
"The reason many relationships fail these days is because we don't ask the right questions and we allow that crazy emotion get the best part of us simply because we seek for love rather than seek for the real deal."

My request is this kindly help state the right questions sir.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Toks2008:

And I still ask you. with all these sermons about real love....why do we still have breakups on the increase? could there be something unrealistic about it?
My dear, real love exist, and poo happens.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by ipobarecriminals: 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
lipsrsealed cry sad wink embarassed sad lipsrsealed embarassed i don quit politics. section. .No thanks to Malami,the grass cutter,Danbazu,Daura and co THIEVES.MAKE I try my luck here

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
alexialin:

So because baby mamas are on the rise and some people tend to divorce instead of working on their marriage.
Does not mean we should throw in the trowel and live our private lives like its every day business. Soldier come, soldier go

You may tend to follow the society and where it's menace is pushing you towards.

For me? I ain't following such route at all.

I still have faith I will. Marry well and live long , prosperous and happy with my partner, even if everyone is divorcing.

For me, I can't date a baby daddy, how much more take him serious. And I know there are some men out there, who cannot be with baby mama no matter what.

It's all about choices for yourself, as an individual.

Even in US wey divorce yaapa! And baby mama's and daddy's everywhere there.

Rappers still dey marry, the rich still marries and also the poor and average. They follow it through to the end, hoping they will have a Happy home and be with their loved ones till death do them part.

Some. People still have hope and faith they will get it right, even when majority are failing.

For me, I don't give up. And as a human being, u can't afford to give up to the pressures of society. Hell no!

I agree with you but my point is clear but unfortunately it is difficult to see in the write up.

Treat your affair more like a partnership thing and you will get the best out of it.

Every divorcee be it a man or woman had hoped at a time to be married till death so this is not about wishful thoughts but reality on ground.

Treat your affair like a partnership deal and you will experience a better romance...that is the message

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Toks2008(m): 10:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Benita27:
My dear, real love exist, and poo happens.

Whatever exists in 1 out of 10 cases is negligible so to save yourself from avoidable heartache..forget searching for real love and just be realistic about the whole thing. .these days its about what we stand to gain first then love can follow.

The only real love is from GOD...human love is a facade.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Toks2008:

I agree with you but my point is clear but unfortunately it is difficult to see in the write up.

Treat your affair more like a partnership thing and you will get the best out of it.

Every divorcee be it a man or woman had hoped at a time to be married till death so this is not about wishful thoughts but reality on ground.

Treat your affair like a partnership deal and you will experience a better romance...that is the message

Nope I won't.

Am enjoying my relationship the way it is.

The warmth and care is soothing.

I wish you luck in yours anyways.

What works for couple A, cannot work for Couple B.

Best of luck., my dear friend. And cheers to it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by darkmarky(m): 4:42am On Oct 27, 2017
Girls will not accept this post because they are blinded by love which fvcks them up in ways they can't even imagine.

Toks2008, I see sense in your writeup.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by GOFRONT(m): 6:45am On Oct 27, 2017
Thats why i hav alwayz wanted to go to the lowest class to pick my wife without emotional feelings first.....(partner)

Sometimes i ask mysef.....Did our fathers first debelop feelings for our for our mothers b4 marrying them and gav birth to us??
Yet there waz no divorce cases all over the place like what we seein today

@Op you arguin with the ladies dat want to settle for lover is like you tryin to tell a Nursin mother not to close her Eyez in pains whenever a doctor wants to pierce her baby's skin with an Injection Syringe. Y'knamean??

Their heart too fragile, too emotional

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by obi4eze(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2017
Toks2008:

Kilode? it's partnership so you can't just order as you do in the usual love affair.

I said so because one party will surely feel used.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 27, 2017
To enjoy a marriage, its better to settle for a lover.
Love is very important.
Re: 10 Reasons Why we should Settle For A Partner Rather Than A Lover. by R0ckefeller: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2017
Toks2008:

The easiest way to get a baby mama is to lead a lady on...promise her love,take her to your family then do introduction and make her pregnant then give her stories why the marriage should wait....

So the point is that this so called love talks is for rookies who want to be decieved.Its better to think straight so that you can know what you are getting into.
partner baby whatever fwb i still think all are the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Na Boyfriend Wey Calm Down Dey Enjoy This Big Nyash PICS / Why Do Some Ladies Resort To Hate After Being Turned Down? / Why Would A Guy BLEACH ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.