Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions (8284 Views)

Gov Sani Reduces School Fees Of All State-owned Tertiary Institutions In Kaduna / Niger Gov, Bago Revokes C Of O Of State-owned IBB University / Tokunbo Wahab: LASU, Other Lagos State Owned Tertiary Institutions Not On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Lordxeer(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by thedondada(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:
My parents are the biggest cashew farmers in Nigeria. Our main farm at kogi. I know bello first hand. He is not the devil we paint him to be. He is also insecure too. His aim was to save enough money to carry out huge project at the end of his tenure. He would start doing mighty project to baffle the kogi people. Right now electricity is given daily. He expanded roads. He would do more

I don't understand this at all

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by einsteino(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:
My parents are the biggest cashew farmers in Nigeria. Our main farm at kogi. I know bello first hand. He is not the devil we paint him to be. He is also insecure too. His aim was to save enough money to carry out huge project at the end of his tenure. He would start doing mighty project to baffle the kogi people. Right now electricity is given daily. He expanded roads. He would do more

I dont want to say you are a fool.
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2017
jossy4joseph:
Kogi State government has banned the activities of the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Trade Unions of Tertiary Institutions and all forms of unionism in the state-owned tertiary institutions.

The government made the announcement in a statement signed on Wednesday by the state governor, Yahaha Bello.

Institutions affected are Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja; Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa; Kogi State College of Education Technical, Kabba; College of Nursing and Midwifery, Obangede; College of Health Sciences and Technology, Idah; and Kogi State University Teaching Hospital, Anyigba.

The government said it respects the rights of all citizens to responsibly associate and pursue their welfare within the ambits of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the laws of the state, the rights of other citizens and the general norms of a democratic society.

It added that it respects the rights of labour unions in relation to the responsibilities of the owners and proprietors of tertiary academic institutions.

It also said it has made tremendous progress in resolving all issues relating to adequacy and frequency of remuneration for all categories of civil servants in the state.

The state government, however, accused the unions in the state-owned tertiary institutions of impeding its efforts to carry out wholistic reforms of the civil service through their “unjustified and unjustifiable industrial actions.”

“The branch of the Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Trade Unions of Tertiary Institutions Owned by Kogi State in Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has proceeded on yet another strike for alleged non-payment of salaries and emoluments irrespective of clear evidence of Government’s good faith and efforts contradicting JAC’s position.

“Evidence of massive embezzlement of the Kogi State Polytechnic’s earnings in excess of N157m committed under JAC’s nose and government’s efforts to bring the fraudsters to justice have not persuaded JAC to work with government to resolve all extant issues bedevilling the institution’s cash flow,” the statement said.

The strike has grounded academic activities to a halt and thrown students out of their classrooms into an uncertain fate.

This prompted the government to immediately ban all activities of the JAC of trade unions of tertiary institutions owned by Kogi State, as well as all forms of unionism in its tertiary institutions.

The government further directed the State Ministry of Education to liaise with the Boards and Managements of the various Institutions to consider all staff who do not resume normal academic duties immediately as having resigned from their employment.

The Ministry was also asked to take steps to immediately find and engage suitable replacements for all academic staff vacancies, including those who have left or deemed to have left the service of the Kogi State Government because of the ban.

Similarly, Law enforcement and security agencies in the state were also directed to remain vigilant as usual and be proactive in preventing the breakdown of law and order in any part of the state.

The government said it remains committed to meeting its obligations to all genuine employees as promptly as available resources would permit, adding that it would ensure uninterrupted academic calendar in all basic education, secondary and tertiary academic institutions in the state.

... God can u pls remove this man
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by mrdipye(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:

is he supposed to use workers salaries?

what are you even saying?
why not do the project(s) and still pay workers owed salaries??
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 27, 2017
thedondada:

I don't understand this at all
.. God punish u ... lair!!!
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by mrdipye(m): 8:01am On Oct 27, 2017
I weep for the common man here in my state
you hear news of suicide every day
increase in criminal activities
lost of jobs
scrapping of Unionism in tertiary institutions
insecurity of lives and properties
half payment of salaries(I.e to those that are even laid once in a while)
Even after collecting
Paris fund 1&2
Bailout of over N50b
and monthly allocation from the Fed govt

God pls forgive the foolish APC party
provide for the common man his Daily needs
#Amen
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by newoffer: 8:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Kongi people are surfering o. A state that produces nothing. Empty land
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by udemzyudex(m): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:

Really? At the expense of kogi civil servant salaries? Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Funny.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by yaqq: 8:06am On Oct 27, 2017
einsteino:

I dont want to say you are a fool.
seriously she is not a fool, she is just plainly stupid!
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Vado(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:

Shut the hell up dumb sycophant.
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by HopeRisingmatte(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2017
This tyranny is what the honorable senator has been fighting all along. Owing 11months in salary arrears. Paris funds was released for the payment of salaries, yet u kept owing civil servants. It's sad. A director had to terminate his life due to hardship. His wife had triplets, he had no funds, it's sad when we allow our individual and collective conscience to die. It's also sad when we turn a blind eye to the suffering going on around us. They is karma, the governor should take caution. Hon. Dino genuinely had to literally go on his knees to beg for succour, for the Kogi populace, albeit civil servants. How long shall our ppl continue to suffer?
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by enemyofprogress: 8:15am On Oct 27, 2017
Now I know why these useless old politicians refused to give Nigerian youths the chance to rule
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by walexix(m): 8:15am On Oct 27, 2017
See what the leader of tomorrow is doing despite his young age. I can now see the reason why the old men in power don't want the youth to attain highest power because they know it will intoxicate them to suffer all and sundry. What a pity for kogi students
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by SeeUrLife: 8:26am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:

seriously?
is dat how u reason d situation of kogites?
I don't want to say u look just like ur post--- DUMB!

Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by vicben27(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:
sharap woman! what do you know about is tyrany many are suffering you here saying rubbish. if you dnt have better things to write abeg pack well.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by naijamafioso: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2017
this YEYE bello sef, na one kain persin.

contact my signature for free bitcoins, nothing to lose.
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by murjaatu(f): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2017
Queenlovely:
madam if you like be the biggest cashew farmer in africa,which stupid big project?after ppl yaf die finish Abi? Abg he should pay salary and make ppl comot for penury jare
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by bigpicture001: 8:59am On Oct 27, 2017
..unionism should be b banned through out nigeria...it's killing our market based economy nd the consumers are on the wrong side of it all
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by salesforce: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2017
Oh
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by princeade86(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2017
tyrant
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 27, 2017
Dis KOGI don dey bcome ONE WEEK,ONE TROUBLE tho.. and 2019 neva reach ooo...
by 2018 ending now, many would av gone cos every tin from now na politricks..THE MORE U LOOK, THE LESS U SEE

Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Simongm(m): 10:20am On Oct 27, 2017
Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad. This Yeye Below case no be ordinary eyes ooo. But wait, 2019 still dey far ooo...as in faaaarrrrrrr! Sey na like this we go dey
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by Organizer111222(m): 11:03am On Oct 27, 2017
Now is the time for NANS to show what we stood for those years. Dem no born anyone to ban unionism on campus when the whole state no one catch fire...
Re: Kogi Govt Bans Unionism In State-owned Tertiary Institutions by thedondada(m): 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2017
mrklean:
.. God punish u ... lair!!!

WTF!!!

Why the venom.

I only said I don't understand, a leader who can't pay salaries is gathering money to do something at the end of his tenure.

If you understand that pls explain to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

delete / Best University In Nigeria To Study Medicine/surgery(mbbs) / Ican Docket Printout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.