Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi (17100 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) / PHOTOS: Last Moments Of Muammar Gaddafi(Viewer's Discretion) / Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2010
Onlytruth:

I am not an extremist. I'm just a man who understands the concept of time. There is time for everything under the sun, says the wisest king. Only a fool sticks to rigid patterns. Rigidity limits your options in life.
Anyway back to topic.
Cant say I disagree with this.

You hate pattern yet you pray for it; The ongoing slaughter of innocent ppl by the Hausa .
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Onlytruth(m): 8:54am On Mar 17, 2010
@topic, everyone knows that we have wasted almost 50 years killing ourselves. Even if a madman like Gadaffi says we should divide, did he say anything new?  

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Onlytruth(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

Cant say I disagree with this.

You hate pattern yet you pray for it; The ongoing slaughter of innocent ppl by the Hausa .

It is partly because I hate the fact that Nigeria kills innocent people, that is why I think Gadaffi has a point. I would always discourage any system that harms innocent people.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 17, 2010
Onlytruth:

It is partly because I hate the fact that Nigeria kills innocent people, that is why I think Gadaffi has a point. I would always discourage any system that harms innocent people.
hmm hmm, I pray so sha
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Feraz(m): 9:09am On Mar 17, 2010
Wats up with all these tribal bashings? We all know one way or d other, every tribe in lag contributed 2 its development. Try and face d topic here and don't deviate from it. Thanks.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by kabarka(m): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2010
I never knew Gadaffi is such courageous man.Don't worry about his BIG black spot,everybody has.The man is making sense,saying what has been in the undertune(divide Nigeria geographically not religeouslly).We are tired of these senseless bloodshed(500 a day as aganist 54 by an earthquake in turkey)
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 17, 2010
kabarka:

We are tired of these senseless bloodshed(500 a day as aganist 54 by an earthquake in turkey)

. . . If we so detest one another and cannot co-exist in peace and harmony, WHY ARE WE CLAMORING SO PASSIONATELY FOR A UNITED NIGERIA ?. . .

. . . I have always believed that its no use running, when you are on the wrong road . . .
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by leleri: 9:41am On Mar 17, 2010
he is a stupid man, what is business with nigeria
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by kingchild(m): 9:45am On Mar 17, 2010
@ (sleek417)
silly idea
when you brake up cos the North is always willing to slay the southerners

what happens when you split

lemme answer by asking questions

will the split stop the killings in Jos and Kaduna?

will the split ensure the Ijaws will not want to go Gung Ho on the Itsekiris?

who says the Ijebus and the Egbas will not go up in arms against each other in Ogun State
splitting will not stop the killings; use your head!!!!!

If you must talk learn to profer solutions not to make noise, dont be a market sound. am sorry but i hate guys without guts.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by H2O2: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2010
king-child:

@ (sleek417)
silly idea
when you brake up cos the North is always willing to slay the southerners

what happens when you split

lemme answer by asking questions

will the split stop the killings in Jos and Kaduna?

will the split ensure the Ijaws will not want to go Gung Ho on the Itsekiris?

who says the Ijebus and the Egbas will not go up in arms against each other in Ogun State
splitting will not stop the killings; use your head!!!!!

If you must talk learn to profer solutions not to make noise, dont be a market sound. am sorry but i hate guys without guts.
It's all an experimental suggestion by monotonous thinkers who never weigh reactions and consequences.

Are there any guarantees? NO. Guarantees of what? Will that cease the eruption of violence? Maybe, maybe not. the violence may even take on a new form.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by sirgeorge(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2010
i believe that nigeria as a nation will be better off divided.just the way it was before the amalgamation.i've tried to keep an open mind and look at it from all angles but i have to say the north really doesn't contribute in anyway to the good of the country.the majority of the resources are on the south side.a major portion of the literate class come from the south side.so it still amazes me that a majorly illiterate and extremist minority hold the high places in power.As far as i'm concerned it is just plain wrong.i think the south can stand strong without the north but i cannot say the same for the north.if the yorubas had worked in hand with the igbos during the civil war i think things might have worked out better.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by emmydee(m): 10:17am On Mar 17, 2010
The best solution is simply to divide this nation. We have never been one, we are not one, so why the craze for 'one Nigeria'?

The leadership knows the truth, the corporate community knows, the politicians knows, the religious community, everyone knows this simple truth. Why dont we go for it to stop all these killings, militancy, looting, injustice etc?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by tkb417(m): 11:01am On Mar 17, 2010
king-child:

you have the brain of a parrot
whats your solution?

advocating for peace means i dont have guts? u need some spiritual help in understanding the usage of english?
ure a typical shallow 9ja man with no sense
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Blazing99: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2010
When would the Third world nations realise that Gadaffi does not have the answer to all problems? Libya is certainly not a great example of a perfect state.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Joe50(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
if nigeria are to be divided into moslems and christians (northerners and southerners), how would that be possible huh?
remember that we have christians in the north and also moslems in the south, were would they go?
I think the best thing to do to bring lasting peace to this country is to ask the northern moslems which are the trouble makers of this country to move to their own states atleast give them 6 or 8 states only them to occupy since they don't want strangers to live with them and let them do their sharia there.
I am an Edo guy, we have Edo moslems and the way they behave is different from northern moslems.
I think this would solve the killing of souls.
SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPS. Make una help me pass this bill and implement it.
Thanks.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ Ezechue

Shiiiit no regrets on all I said about Igbos cause you sparked it and now the flame burns. Fuk you still though and keep your stinking hands off Yoruba girls. I thought you said Igbo girls are better? Oboy Igbos de migrate ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!! Taaahh Mechionu there. Who said migrating is a culture in Igbo? Please y'all leaving cause y'all can't take it no more in your home land! Chinua Achebe and Emeagwali (who is currently an internet mouth piece) are the only Igbos I respect the rest can kiss nut!!! Even Emeagwali went to highschool in Ondo state. So pleeeese!!! Yorubas rock and you Igbos just follow. What music genre did Igbos invent? let me guess hmmmm the one whose lyrics are a list of people's names. Chief Ikemefuna , chief Ojo Madueke. Mr Julius Nwereji!! hahahahahahaha Cracks me up that you are even trying to uplift your tribe by attempting to bring down those who opened your eyes!! Fuk off!!!!!!! And stay out of Eko goddamnit!!!!

@ topic ban religion but first make people see the fallacy called religion for what it truly is.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by truly: 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2010
@9jaganja[b]
topic ban religion but first make people see the fallacy called religion for what it truly is[/b]

Given the way people, esp you and Ezeuche, have been carrying on the ethic animosity is more fearsome than that posed by religion. maybe I can actually appeal to religious leaders to try and call people to others
But ethnic leaders do not exist or do in name only and are not listened to

So when Nigeria's problem of religion is dealt with, people will now see that ethnicity is a far, far greater and insidious threat
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by otondo55: 1:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
He is right , but it may be up to 5 states.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by INDIAN1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
Devolution of power is the key for survival of any nation more importantly in a country like nigeria which has no common religion ,ethnicity,culture across its population

Across the world they are numerous countries which have broken up because of domination of single ethnic,religion,culture over the others with no devolution of power
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by ademolaD1: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
Well, mr Gadafi must know that Nigeria is not like his conutry Libya, so he must be very careful with his tongue. shocked
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by jimmysho(m): 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
it is not bad idea. just that it is coming from a man that do not appreciate a united and naija.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by sjeezy8: 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
Abagworo:

From every indication,people misunderstand how countries are divided.even if nigeria is divided an igbo's property in lagos remains his.and as someone that owns a property he is entitled to citizenship or at least a pass in the new country.so for those planning to covert the property of igbos,you have no legal backing.
Legal ko lawyer ni

hahah says who? you think you can tell someone what to do in their own country? you dey mad- if people make their national language yoruba or hausa, they will do it, If they want to tell every non yoruba to leave oduduwa or arewa they will do it. If they make a constitution that only recognises their ethnicity as citizens from then on, they will do it.

If I were igbo and there was to be a oduduwa republic or arewa I wouldnt even stay in any of those countries . . . . I would go live in biafra.

FL Gators:

You know what I find funny, its that you're wishing an horrid event on Lagos, so that the Hausas will kill Yoruba ppl.

But have you forgotten that a large number of Igbos also live in Lagos? I understand that they're clustered in V.I. . . . .

You're wishing the worst on a group of ppl, yet you do not understand that your own might also be harmed. . . . and maybe after Lagos, Igboland is next for the Hausa, they're very predictable you know lol.

Good, so you're not as stubborn as you seem. Change of diet with a snap of finger like that!

Dont mind the dck head he doesnt understand yoruba people. Hausas-fulanis only use religion to battle with help from other northerner muslim minorities, Fulanis cant do anything in a place where theres no religous fanatics.

All those people who are in north killing people are not all Fulanis or hausas but are Just muslim Northerners from minority tribes- who see it as muslim against christians.

Fulanis cant say or do anything in the Lagos because the only power they have is religion but yoruba muslims arent religous fanatics and are more of tribalist.

What muslim yoruba will help Fulanis carry out anything against yorubas, like the muslim hausas,gwaris,nupe who join fulanis kill in the north? Thats why there hasnt been any religous clashes in the SW because yorubas will not kill a fellow yoruba whether christian, muslim or shango worshipper.

Nigeria: September 2000 riots between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba; current relations between the two ethnic groups in Lagos

Information on riots in Lagos between the Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba ethnic groups, in September 2000, could not be found among the sources consulted by the Research Directorate. However, several sources report of violent clashes between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba, in October 2000, which resulted in over 100 deaths and the displacement of 20,000 mainly Hausa-Fulani (Global IDP Oct. 2000; ARB 23 Nov. 2000, 14155; HRW Feb. 2003, 16; ICRC Dec. 2000; BBC 18 Oct. 2000).

Reports of clashes between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba in Lagos during 2003 could not be found among the sources consulted. However, for detailed accounts of ethnic violence between the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba in Lagos during July and November 1999, October 2000 and February 2002, including interviews with community leaders and witnesses to the fighting and an overview of relations between the two groups, please consult the February 2003 Human Rights Watch report entitled "The O'odua People's Congress: Fighting Violence with Violence." The report states that one of the effects of the inter-ethnic violence is that "many Hausa – –fled the southwest and moved back to the north; some have not returned since"

People shouldnt get it fukd up cause I trust yoruba people they are tribalistic and not religous fanatics like the igbo christians and the muslim fulanis-hausas. So when something happens in the SW it quickly turns into yorubas VS everyone. To your average yoruba person -hausa,igbos,ijaws, are all the same.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

you have the brain of a parrot
whats your solution?

advocating for peace means i dont have guts? u need some spiritual help in understanding the usage of english?
ure a typical shallow 9ja man with no sense
Ok, that was hilarious grin cheesy grin
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by asha80(m): 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2010
sjeezy8:

Legal ko lawyer ni

hahah says who? you think you can tell someone what to do in their own country? you dey mad- if people make their national language yoruba or hausa, they will do it, If they want to tell every non yoruba to leave oduduwa or arewa they will do it. If they make a constitution that only recognises their ethnicity as citizens from then on, they will do it.

If I were igbo and there was to be a oduduwa republic or arewa I wouldnt even stay in any of those countries . . . . I would go live in biafra.

Dont mind the dck head he doesnt understand yoruba people. Hausas-fulanis only use religion to battle with help from other northerner muslim minorities, Fulanis cant do anything in a place where theres no religous fanatics.

All those people who are in north killing people are not all Fulanis or hausas but are Just muslim Northerners from minority tribes- who see it as muslim against christians.

Fulanis cant say or do anything in the Lagos because the only power they have is religion but yoruba muslims arent religous fanatics and are more of tribalist.

What muslim yoruba will help Fulanis carry out anything against yorubas, like the muslim hausas,gwaris,nupe who join fulanis kill in the north? Thats why there hasnt been any religous clashes in the SW because yorubas will not kill a fellow yoruba whether christian, muslim or shango worshipper.

People shouldnt get it fukd up cause I trust yoruba people they are tribalistic and not religous fanatics like the igbo christians and the muslim fulanis-hausas. So when something happens in the SW it quickly turns into yorubas VS everyone. To your average yoruba person -hausa,igbos,ijaws, are all the same.

Bring a link to prove igbo christian fanatics or stop trying to rope igbos with the muslim fundamentalist.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by sjeezy8: 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
asha 80:

Bring a link to prove igbo christian fanatics or stop trying to rope igbos with the muslim fundamentalist.

we know that igbos are christian fanatics and retaliate by burning down mosque and writing jesus on it.
No big deal, any person that burns down a mosque in retaliation to a church being burnt is a religous fanatic.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Onlytruth(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
^^^

Sharap dia , ode!

Go get ready for the Fulani. No time for brags. cool
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by asha80(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
sjeezy8:

we know that igbos are christian fanatics and retaliate by burning down mosque and writing jesus on it.
No big deal, any person that burns down a mosque in retaliation to a church being burnt is a religous fanatic.

My friend provide links to prove igbo christian fundamentalism or keep quiet.At least there more than enough links to prove northern muslim fundamentalism

Writing jesus on burnt mosques in deed abeg provide links and photos.See person wey never cross river niger before.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 006(m): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2010
For all those championing "One Nigeria", I have started fasting and praying that the next victims of these killings come from their immediate families.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by EzeUche(m): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
9jaganja:

@ Ezechue

Shiiiit no regrets on all I said about Igbos cause you sparked it and now the flame burns. Fuk you still though and keep your stinking hands off Yoruba girls. I thought you said Igbo girls are better? Oboy Igbos de migrate ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!! Taaahh Mechionu there. Who said migrating is a culture in Igbo? Please y'all leaving cause y'all can't take it no more in your home land! Chinua Achebe and Emeagwali (who is currently an internet mouth piece) are the only Igbos I respect the rest can kiss nut!!! Even Emeagwali went to highschool in Ondo state. So pleeeese!!! Yorubas rock and you Igbos just follow. What music genre did Igbos invent? let me guess hmmmm the one whose lyrics are a list of people's names. Chief Ikemefuna , chief Ojo Madueke. Mr Julius Nwereji!! hahahahahahaha Cracks me up that you are even trying to uplift your tribe by attempting to bring down those who opened your eyes!! Fuk off!!!!!!! And stay out of Eko goddamnit!!!!

I will never keep my hands off Yoruba girls!!! angry They will be part of my harem.

Until I go back to my village and marry an Igbo girl. grin

So go fuuuuuckk yourself again and again.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
EzeUche:

I will never keep my hands off Yoruba girls!!! angry They will be part of my harem.

Until I go back to my village and marry an Igbo girl. grin

So go fuuuuuckk yourself again and again.

And you'll also be part of their harem b4 they go and pick up a proper yoruba man cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU / SGF: Ex-cpc Members Lobby For Tony Momoh, Galadima / Anambra Decides: Two Anti-election IPOB Members Arrested – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.