Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume (61265 Views)

Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / Beautiful Yoruba Brides In Their Costume / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by SirMichael1: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
martha89:
You are not from Edo state. Evans is igbo and cant can never have ties with Edo state. The current kidnnapers they caught were igbos and Delta.

Miss, lady or whatever, read and comprehend first before you quote alright?? Is that too hard even for a very very very very very beautiful Edo lady to do??
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by fxjohn2: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
As an edo person i can testify that this is how all edo tribes dress i am also from Edo state and not benin but owan.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 3:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirMichael1:

Then many are senseless and blinded by the obvious...

Go to Benin, Auchi, Ekpoma or any neighboring village and see the atrocities carried out there. If you're defenseless, you'd sooner than later get entrenched to these vices...
Those places you mentioned is far more peaceful than some areas in Nigeria. Na Edo state kill you .
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirMichael1:

Miss, lady or whatever, read and comprehend first before you quote alright?? Is that too hard even for a very very very very very beautiful Edo lady to do??
Enough already and go away.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by SirMichael1: 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
martha89:
Those places you mentioned is far more peaceful than some areas in Nigeria. Na Edo state kill you .

After it kills and sweeps your corpse through a lagoon... smiley
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirMichael1:

After it kills and sweeps my corpse through a lagoon... smiley
fixed .

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Some pictures.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by BakireBulmaker: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Yoruba traces everywhere especially in the words/names.

Can Edo ever be free of Yoruba

Nice pix though.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
BakireBulmaker:
Yoruba traces everywhere especially in the words/names.

Can Edo ever be free of Yoruba

Nice pix though.
What is Yoruba in these pictures?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by BakireBulmaker: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
martha89:
what is Yoruba in these pictures

Names/words
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
BakireBulmaker:

Names/words
That filla cap the Yoruba's coypt it from the Hausas. ,Some Yoruba culture have some Muslim and northern element in it. Stop this i am better than others mentality.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by czarina(f): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirMichael1:

You honestly think what you wrote made sense??

What part of the above quote do you not understand?? If you honestly have something to say that would make me crack my brain to provide you an answer (like something you haven't written before), say it now or remain mute.
seems you're all set for an e-brawl, really not cut out for all that. Namaste
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by BakireBulmaker: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
martha89:
That filla cap the Yoruba's coypt it from the Hausas. ,Some Yoruba culture have some Muslim and northern element in it. Stop this i am better than others mentality.

Hausa and Yoruba have common middle eastern heritage. That's why.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by martha89: 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Edo state cannot celebrate something in peace without all these unnecessary comment here and there?

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by ernieboy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
captainbell:
it is wrong to generalise and say "Edo bride" Edo state has a lot of ethnic groups and divisions and not all of them dresses this way. I'm from Edo state and the part i am from our brides don't dress this way during wedding. be specific and say "Benin bride".
why not upload pics of how brides dress in your tribe.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by ernieboy(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
Zhahovic:
Which one is that wearing something like Hijab? angry
I think it is for those in Edo north with a large Muslim population.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
opal4real:

Guy na everywhere confra,runs babes n levels men dey. Turn left(s.west) u go see worst and turn right(s.east) dem own worst too. Even look up north for (m.belt) dem own nor be here. So y u expect we wey dey center of centerses to holy pass.
That guy is from the human being eating part of akwa ibom, don't fall for his stupidity, he is a fool that should be ignored

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by ernieboy(m): 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
martha89:
What is Yoruba in these pictures?
on the contrary it is traces of Edo culture that can be found in Yoruba tribe, don't forget that the influence of Benin empire spread far over a vast area including part s of western Nigeria and even to delta and asaba.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by midehi2(f): 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirMichael1:

I don't converse with folks who think throwing snide comment(s) is having an intelligent discussion!!

And this is where you come in. That's where your availability becomes needful... Being the runz chick on such festivity period, trading the hole for money

You honestly need to have your head examined... Check that!

BTW, I'm from Edo state and would reply no more to your mentions
within you now, you have made sense abi...hahahaha
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
frenzyduchess:
That guy is from the human being eating part of akwa ibom, don't fall for his stupidity, he is a fool that should be ignored

Osanoghodua!!! See balistic finishing....

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
opal4real:

Osanoghodua!!! See balistic finishing....
what else will you say about a fool who goes about mentioning me on threads even when he has been ignored several times, they say fools are better ignored, but when that fool doesn't know he is being ignored ,it just a pity
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by ofuregbe(f): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
ur hairdo even qualifies u. No nid to tell us you're from Edo. Abeg make i tear race
lol. abeg borrow leg join
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
ofuregbe:
lol. abeg borrow leg join
abeg send me pm make we talk jare. I dey Benin
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
martha89:
Some pictures.
why don't u and frenzyduchess post ur pictures abi low self esteem dey worry una
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by ofuregbe(f): 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
abeg send me pm make we talk jare. I dey Benin
I dey Jos ooo
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
ofuregbe:
I dey Jos ooo
e no matter. Send me pm o. Anytime i tour enter North Central i fit branch plateau
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by emmyreb(f): 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
can't wait to rock this even though I no sabi family house, all I know is papa is from Edo state...... wish to go there too
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by laudate: 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
scholes0:
Niice one. The attires look beautiful as a momental / one time wear but does not look too practical as an everyday/occasional wear.

Too busy.
The beaded headgear (okuku) and beaded tops are ceremonial wear, and are not worn everyday as working outfits. It is like how the Yorubas wear ankara or adire for their daily activities, while the rich, colourful aso-oke is reserved for ceremonial wear.

In fact, a lot of Igbo brides often copy the Edo ladies when they want to get married, by adapting the beaded headgear into their entire ensemble.

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by laudate: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
NeutralJUDGE:
Someone should come up with an Igbo thread please....we have seen Idoma/Tiv,Yoruba,Efik and now Edo. Lets bring our gals so that they would murder them all.
Keep qwayiet dia! angry Igbo girls that always copy traditional attire of other tribes, when they dress up for their wedding? Murder wetin??

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
SirMichael1:

Mister, Edo trumps many regions in those vices you can think of smiley

You assumption is wrong again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.