Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:52 AM

Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume (61260 Views)

Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / Beautiful Yoruba Brides In Their Costume / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by PromoteUrMusic: 1:01am On Oct 29, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
I don't bother with these hoes don't let these hoes bother me grin cheesy

Who send you? #UglyFool

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by highway215(m): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2017
martha89:
idiot you have made a point and now get lost, please can you tell us your tribe?
Thank God you knew i made a point. grin
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2017
BakireBulmaker:
Yoruba traces everywhere especially in the words/names.

Can Edo ever be free of Yoruba

Nice pix though.

Before Yoruba, Edo was.

So who is copying who?

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 29, 2017
opal4real:

Before Yoruba, Edo was.
So who is copying who?
before Yoruba, Edo was. Why them come be majority, una still be minority.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
before Yoruba, Edo was.
Why them come be majority, una still be minority.

Before U.S.A, Isreal was! Go figure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by SirMichael1: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
highway215:
Thank God you knew i made a point. grin

Don't mind Martha89, she's just trying so hard to make people see Edo and everything associated with it as good.

1. We have the highest numbers of prostitutes in Italy

2. The head of witchcraft resides in Edo state, don't know his compound though but martha89 should. smiley

etc

...but she can't reply to all these 'cause I put her moniker to where it belongs. BANNED!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by laudate: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
SirMichael1:
Don't mind Martha89, she's just trying so hard to make people see Edo and everything associated with it as good.

2. The head of witchcraft resides in Edo state, don't know his compound though but martha89 should. smiley

etc

...but she can't reply to all these 'cause I put her moniker to where it belongs. BANNED!

Yes, Martha89's post may have glossed over the issues, but you are trying to make Edo State sound like the headquarters of criminal activity in Naija, while other parts of the nation appear holy in comparison, or their people are like saints in your own view. sadIf you have travelled far and wide within this country like I have done, you would realise that some places are even worse than many parts of Edo state, but they do not make noise about it. Most of the drug trafficking merchants in several Asian countries for example, where are they from? How many Edo names do you find among them?

I have lived in Benin and a few other places in Edo State, so I know the problems of the people. But it is no worse than what takes place elsewhere. Trust me. undecided As for prostitution locally and abroad, Edo babes may have made it popular but honestly, other tribes have since gone into the trade and taken over the mantle from them. You are just unaware of it, yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by BakireBulmaker: 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
opal4real:

Before Yoruba, Edo was.

So who is copying who?

Says who

Wishful imagination
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by SirMichael1: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
czarina:
seems you're all set for an e-brawl, really not cut out for all that. Namaste

Bow now ma and take your leave cheesy

BTW, do you offer full body massage? grin
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
SirMichael1:

etc

Irredeemable Moro.n!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by czarina(f): 12:45am On Oct 30, 2017
SirMichael1:

Bow now ma and take your leave cheesy

BTW, do you offer full body massage? grin
yea, you need one?
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by SirMichael1: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
czarina:
yea, you need one?

Whatsapp??
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by czarina(f): 6:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
SirMichael1:

Whatsapp??
Yea
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by SirMichael1: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
czarina:
Yea

The number on your signature?
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by czarina(f): 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
SirMichael1:

The number on your signature?
Nah, strictly for business
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by odigbosky(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
All Edo brides dress that way....its the men thay have varieties. To those talking stuffs about my lovely Edo...una do well oooo. Lemmme not forget to say this before i go.

OBA GHA TO KPERE ISE!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Konquest: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2017
post=61818638:
The Edo wedding attire worn by brides during their traditional wedding ceremony is so rich and regal. They look like true african queens in their beaded coral attires.

To start off with, Edo brides have their hair made into a unique hairstyle known as Eto-Okuku. Coral beads are then sewn into the hair to form of a crown know as the Okuku. Many opt to buy a ready made wig which comes with the hair styled and the crown sewn in.

Brides also tie beautiful wrappers made from a variety of fabrics including velvet, lace and george. Over the wrapper tied at their waist, some Edo brides wear the Ewu-ivie, a beaded cape or blouse. They also adorn their necks with coral beads known as Ivie-uru and wear the Ivie-obo on their hands. To complete the regal traditional Edo wedding look, brides wear beaded earrings – Emi-ehorivie, and carry a handbag made out of coral beads as well – the Ekpa-ivie. Feast your eyes on these Edo wedding beauties and be inspired!

Credit - weddingfeferity
^^^^^^^^
Classy...!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Gratiamakeover: 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
Beautiful brides and costumes, I love beads especially. Good job wedding feferity for these awesome pictures. If you are looking to get any of those costumes or a different design of your choosing for brides and grooms, you can whatsapp us at 08180785541. We rent, sell and dress up brides at affordable prices.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by Amenze3145: 8:10am On May 09, 2020
laudate:

Keep qwayiet dia! angry Igbo girls that always copy traditional attire of other tribes, when they dress up for their wedding? Murder wetin??

This is so true.Igbo brides are dressing in Edo attire and calling it theirs.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by osazuwa23: 8:40am On Aug 09, 2020
bini and esan dress the same are you from the igbo speaking part of edo
captainbell:
it is wrong to generalise and say "Edo bride" Edo state has a lot of ethnic groups and divisions and not all of them dresses this way. I'm from Edo state and the part i am from our brides don't dress this way during wedding. be specific and say "Benin bride".
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by osazuwa23: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2020
I notice that to that igbo women are always dressing in edo attire while igbo men have there own unique attire which is the stocking cap are the Christmas Santa hat with Isi Agu
Amenze3145:

This is so true.Igbo brides are dressing in Edo attire and calling it theirs.
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by osazuwa23: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2020
esan and bini have the pretty attire especially the red and purple robe with beads that are on top of the shoulders, edo men attire is different esan men wear white plain shirt with a kente on there should with a bead cap while edo men wear that all white native dress that go to there leg
odigbosky:
All Edo brides dress that way....its the men thay have varieties. To those talking stuffs about my lovely Edo...una do well oooo. Lemmme not forget to say this before i go.

OBA GHA TO KPERE ISE!!!
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by FeminineDiaries: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmdsVV1IP4

These Hairstyles go fit Edo wedding look�
Re: Beautiful Edo Brides In Their Costume by pupsyd: 4:20am On Aug 26, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.