Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light (1315 Views)

Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem / I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by koksybrown: 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hello people, my 03 Accord checklight is always on contantly. My machanic says its the Catalyst that is causing and he wants to remove it to free the engine according to him. Pls whats your advice?
Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by taurusdude0(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
koksybrown:
Hello people, my 03 Accord checklight is always on contantly. My machanic says its the Catalyst that is causing and he wants to remove it to free the engine according to him. Pls whats your advice?
Go for diagnostic's
Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by mayor2013: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2017
He wants to remove your catalyst or he wants to steal it

3 Likes

Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by honmusa(m): 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
koksybrown:
What diagnostics test did he run on the car to ascertain all this claims
Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
koksybrown:

first scan ur car.... a whole lot of things can cause check engine light including ur catalyst...... I don't know the intention of ur mechanic ooooo....but some local mechanics don't do anything when they tell u they will help u fix ur catalyst or change it. they just open ur dash board and off the light manually. Since It's underneat ur car and u won't really go under ur car to check after the supposed fix. They just chop free money.....
I know this is probably not the best advice u will get, but u r in nigeria, 70% of cars on Nigerian road have check engine light on. This crazily hot sun sef can cause check engn to come on in some cars. grin
If u worry about that thing too much u will just dash mechanics and rewire money periodically....just make sure u have done ur periodic engine,brakes, power steering and gear service. I'm just a nobody oooo.. but I drove my EOD for 4years with check engine and it was great all tru....

2 Likes

Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by koksybrown: 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
taurusdude0:

Go for diagnostic's
True... I never thought of that
Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by koksybrown: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
mayor2013:
He wants to remove your catalyst or he wants to steal it
grin grin grin
Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by koksybrown: 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
honmusa:

What diagnostics test did he run on the car to ascertain all this claims
None, i personally didnt think of that.
Re: My 2003 Honda Accord Check Engine Light by koksybrown: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
1StopRudeness:

first scan ur car.... a whole lot of things can cause check engine light including ur catalyst...... I don't know the intention of ur mechanic ooooo....but some local mechanics don't do anything when they tell u they will help u fix ur catalyst or change it. they just open ur dash board and off the light manually. Since It's underneat ur car and u won't really go under ur car to check after the supposed fix. They just chop free money.....
I know this is probably not the best advice u will get, but u r in nigeria, 70% of cars on Nigerian road have check engine light on. This crazily hot sun sef can cause check engn to come on in some cars. grin
If u worry about that thing too much u will just dash mechanics and rewire money periodically....just make sure u have done ur periodic engine,brakes, power steering and gear service. I'm just a nobody oooo.. but I drove my EOD for 4years with check engine and it was great all tru....
Cool. Thank brother. I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed Urgently, Can I Buy A Nice Car With N400,000 / Infinity FX35 For Sale. Urgent / NADDC Showcases Made-in-nigeria Vehicles At Lagos International Trade Fair (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.