Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 (2529 Views)

Reduce How Often You Eat These 4 Foods Once You Clock 40 / I might die before I clock 30 / 6 Things That Sum Up What Guys Really Need In A Relationship But Never Ask For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by FitnessDoctor: 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hello, guys, it's your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

First of all, Thank God It's Friday, No more projects, and heavy workload.

Most people are searching for how to grow in every aspect of their life, how to discover themselves, how to achieve their dreams, goals and for some, how to make their fantasies and wishes come true. I have been there, trying to work things out and struggle with several failures and underachievements. But I came to learn that the key to being successful is not about being the smartest or working harder, it is about building yourself first.

If you want to become successful or live a happy life, there are many things you would need to learn and there is no better time to learn such expect while you are young.

Here are 6 things I've learned to help me grow both personally and professionally (at an extremely rampant pace.

1. You Will Never Know Who You're Going To Be So Stop Trying To Figure It Out

I'm starting with this lesson because, as a 20-something, this is the most important and most difficult one to learn: You cannot tell the future. You cannot tell where you'll be 5 years from now. You cannot tell where you'll be a year from now. You cannot tell where you'll be a week from now, a day from now, let alone an hour from now. So stop trying to figure it out.

In your 20s, you're so wrapped up in trying to figure out who you're going to be that you constantly live in the future and miss the present moment. But the irony is that it's here in the present moment that you ultimately learn what it is you need to learn in order to become whatever it is you're trying to imagine yourself becoming ten, twenty, thirty years from now.

Dream, visualize but stop trying to figure it out. The only thing you have to do is whatever you're doing right now, better than you did it the last time.

2. Learn To Place A Value Your Time

I found out that those hours I spent procrastinating and running back and forth on many decisions I could have I used to achieve something incredible. I also found out that those hours I spend sleeping for nothing, or watching TV shows, or on social media, I could use those times to learn a skill, write a book or even work on this blog.

I learned how to put a numerical value on the time I spend. I would ask myself, If someone told me that those 3 hours I spend watching TV, that I could have used them to do something that could get me over a $100 dollars, could I spend them just watching TV?.

Learn the value of Opportunity Cost by placing a numerical value on your Time. This alone will drastically change the way you approach your life.

3. Be An Entrepreneur

I know the definition of this word has changed a lot so let me explain what I mean:

Try your own ideas outside of your job because THAT'S how you're going to learn.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

When people ask how I learn so fast, it's not because I'm super smart or I have an outrageous IQ, it's because I approach learning by doing things myself. Now, when I speak to clients or I give other people marketing strategies, I'm not just regurgitating industry bullshit or something I've read in an article. I'm sharing my own experiences and things I've seen worked or failed myself.

Try your own ideas outside of the office, and it will make you far more valuable than anyone who thinks their expertise is developed solely between the hours of 9 and 5.

4. Find A Mentor

I mention this in just about every article I write because I believe it is the single most valuable resource an aspiring 20-something can have access to. Mentors allow you to see the world through their eyes, and to grow at an extremely fast pace.

A great story I have for this is even with my current mentor, who is constantly surrounded by people who teach him as well—aka "double mentors" for someone like me. He'll have phone convos with these other extremely knowledgeable people and record them for future reference, and he'll ask me to listen and write up notes. On the surface, it's an extremely tedious and mind-numbing task, but it's also a holy grail of an opportunity. I'm getting to sit in and listen to unfiltered conversations between some of the industry's most creative minds.

I promise you, however much you think you learn from a book, you learn five times that just by sitting in the same room (or listening in on a call) between two masters of their craft.

Find yourself a mentor and don't expect them to hand-hold you or teach you directly. Just pay close attention.

5. Learn To Spend More Time Investing And Less Time Spending

Your 20s are all about Time. It's all you have. So how you invest it and where you choose to spend it is extremely important.

Copyright: Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor (realfitbody.com)

But keep in mind you're also in a prime time of your life where you are very nimble, you're healthy, and you're in a perfect position to LEARN.

The 20-somethings that take their Time and their Money to spend, spend, spend, are the ones that cap out early, settle into their skills, and eventually stop growing altogether (sad but true). They're the ones that come to a point where they ask the crisis question of "How did I get here and what am I doing with my life?"

Do not underestimate all the tiny choices. All the times you decide to go to the bar instead of learning something new; watching TV instead of reading; drinking with your friends instead of going to the gym, etc.

Everyone is entitled to live their lives however they want, and none of the above are "wrong" by any means. But the truth is: The people who grow the most, who succeed on their own terms, who ultimately turn their dreams into reality and build a life they are truly proud of are the ones who, in EVERY SINGLE MOMENT, ask themselves if what they are doing is conducive to their personal growth.

6. Learn To Relax

Playing off #5 here, do not forget to relax and have some fun. This is a constant struggle for me because my idea of "fun" is learning something new or being creative or diving into a new project—but it's important to chill and remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

Take it one day at a time and remember that JUST entered the real world. In all honesty, all of us 20-somethings are still kids.

At this stage never play with your sleep and health.

Contributors
Nicolas Cole
Writer | Top 30 Columnist @incmagazine � Founder of Digital Press � Author of Confessions of a Teenage Gamer.

Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor
Writer | Blogger | Editor | Fitness Enthusiast | Health Junkie

So there you have it.

I remain your favorite health blogger, Paul Samuel FitnessDoctor

Source: http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/10/6-things-you-must-learn-before-you.html

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Divay22(f): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nice list. smiley smiley
Just to chip in.... Don't make the internet your world, but make the world your internet...
TRAVEL
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2017
Okay
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by greatmarshall(m): 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
Alright
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by TechPanda(m): 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
Divay22:
Nice list. smiley smiley
Just to chip in.... Don't make the internet your world, but make the world your internet...
TRAVEL

Sisi, please come again grin
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by ArchangeLucifer: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
Divay22:
Nice list. smiley smiley
TRAVEL

Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Divay22(f): 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
TechPanda:

Sisi, please come again grin
Nah. you read again...
How many states have you visited this year? tongue
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Samexdx(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nice list
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by tosyne2much(m): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nice write-up

You forgot that they should stop sending and demanding unclad pictures

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Divay22(f): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:

I know you reside in hell but try take a stroll to heaven cheesy cheesy grin

And hey stop looking at me that way angry
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by TechPanda(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2017
Divay22:
Nah. you read again... How many states have you visited this year? tongue
Lol, should i exclude the ones am currently touring.
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Divay22(f): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
TechPanda:

Lol, should i exclude the ones am currently touring.
Nah..All in total
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by IamtherealRita(f): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
enemyofprogress come and see what you need to have in mind as you are growing up from being a child to adulthood
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by ArchangeLucifer: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2017
Divay22:
I know you reside in hell but try take a stroll to heaven cheesy cheesy grin
And hey stop looking at me that way angry

To attack you spiritually just dey hungry me but you no know...
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by enemyofprogress: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2017
IamtherealRita:
enemyofprogress come and see what you need to have in mind as you are growing up from being a child to adulthood
e pain am tongue

Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
Divay22:
Nice list. smiley smiley
TRAVEL

Travel to whe... why do girls keep making dumb suggestions even in 21st century?
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Divay22(f): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2017
swave7:

Travel to whe... why do girls keep making dumb suggestions even in 21st century?
You're the dumb one
How many states have you visited, let's not talk about countries ?
You think having internet connection and spilling trash online is living life right undecided undecided

Explore, expose yourself, put off your data and get to see world differently outside the net...
The net has access to limited things to view, but when you see real, you have unlimited things to view..
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by TechPanda(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Divay22:

You're the dumb one
You think having internet connection and spilling trash online is living life right undecided undecided

Explore, expose yourself, put off your data and get to see world differently outside the net...
The net has access to limited things to view, but when you see real, you have unlimited things to view..

You ma go like waka jugbe oh.
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
Learn to make mistakes, we often discover ourselves doing what is outside the usual or ordinary.
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by FitnessDoctor: 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
Blackfyre:
Learn to make mistakes, we often discover ourselves doing what is outside the usual or ordinary.

If you spend time learning to make mistakes then you could spend 10 years doing what others do in 2 years.

Making mistakes is a natural order of things, you simply learn how to live past them and embrace them. For example, I live my life according to adaption. Adaptation means that whatever comes my way I will simply accept it and try to use it to my advantage, be it a blessing, failure or setback.

Stay healthy, stay wise
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
FitnessDoctor:

If you spend time learning to make mistakes then you could spend 10 years doing what others do in 2 years.

Making mistakes is a natural order of things, you simply learn how to live past them and embrace them. For example, I live my life according to adaption. Adaptation means that whatever comes my way I will simply accept it and try to use it to my advantage, be it a blessing, failure or setback.

Stay healthy, stay wise

Oh i think i phrased that wrong. Learn to do things out of the ordinary/usual/ going against the norm which may lead to mistakes but then discovery.
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by lalasticlala(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by FitnessDoctor: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
lalasticlala:
You should have given credit https://medium.com/personal-growth/if-you-can-learn-these-things-in-your-20s-your-future-self-will-thank-you-84cf82f68bb1

I actually edited some parts of the article but let me edit it then and add myself as a contributor.
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by FitnessDoctor: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 28, 2017
Divay22:

You're the dumb one

As if everyone walking round can afford a car let alone fly.
Typical overly materialistic, selfish, soulless, modern day slut that doesn't think logically before commenting, can never put themselves in others' shoes, only themselves, grab someones money & spend it anyhow foolishly without care for tomorrow. Don't reply until you've gained level 15 in Mouth Gig skills. You & your mama, filth holes! cheesy
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Divay22(f): 8:15am On Oct 28, 2017
swave7:

As if everyone walking round can afford a car let alone fly.
Typical overly materialistic, selfish, soulless, modern day slut that doesn't think logically before commenting, can never put themselves in others' shoes, only themselves, grab someones money & spend it anyhow foolishly without care for tomorrow. Don't reply until you've gained level 15 in Mouth Gig skills. You & your mama, filth holes! cheesy
K
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 31, 2017
Divay22:

K
Mtcheew I know you've passed Lvl 15 olosho
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by twentyk(m): 7:18am On Oct 31, 2017
swave7:

Mtcheew I know you've passed Lvl 15 olosho
baba 7 never nack fah..kinda too early for hydrogen bomb
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2017
Learn to care for yourself and spend money on yourself, life no get duplicate.
Re: 6 Things You Must Learn Before You Clock 30 by FitnessDoctor: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Chybeibe:
Learn to care for yourself and spend money on yourself, life no get duplicate.

Okay

(1) (Reply)

My Mind Don Dirty Finish.. Some Of My Behaviour Will Amaze You / 11 Ways You Are Wrapped Around Her Finger (you Probably Don't Know) / Need Serious Help On How To Manage Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.