Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor (13540 Views)

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Back As UNILAG VC / Buhari suspends Babalakin as UNILAG Pro-Chancellor, sacks Acting VC / ADP Lagos Congratulates Ogundipe As The New UNILAG Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 28, 2017
I just got prompt on my CX now that Unilag's Governing Council has appointed a new vice chancellor for the school.

COUNCIL APPOINTS NEW VICE-CHANCELLOR

The University of Lagos concluded the process for the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor which commenced on the 4th of July 2017, with the placement of advertisement in national newspapers.

Pursuant to the Law, the Search Team, the Criteria Committee, the Short-Listing Committee, and the Selection Board conducted the exercise and three candidates were nominated.

Consistent with the guidelines for the appointment of Vice-Chancellors and Provost, as recommended by the Ministry of Education, the three candidates were: Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, Professor Olukayode Amund, and Professor Ayodeji Olukoju.

At the end of the Governing Council meeting of Friday, 27th October 2017, Council approved the appointment of Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS, who coincidentally scored the highest mark in the exercise, as the 12th Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos.

Professor Ogundipe who is a Zonal Pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God is a Professor of Botany. He was formerly the Dean of Faculty of Science and also a former Director of Academic Affairs in Unilag.

Presently, he is the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics & Research), but will assume duties as a substantive VC by November 11th when the tenure of the present VC, Professor Rahman Ade Bello expires.

Congratulations to the new VC.

Cc Olawalebabs, fynestboi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by damoskiy(m): 2:24am On Oct 28, 2017
Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe.... Professor of Botany

4 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by fergusen: 2:41am On Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 28, 2017
Redeemed Pastor grin

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 28, 2017
NICE ONE
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Khonvicted(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations sir .. Hope ur hands don't get dirty
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 28, 2017
I hope he tries to improve the school, Nigerian academics are just money lovers, we wish you a successful and productive tenure

3 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by mastercee(m): 7:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Finally, Rahman is going

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by datola: 7:22am On Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations pastor prof!

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by eddyslim(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations to them! Mr. VC, better live up to expectations
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by K08(m): 7:24am On Oct 28, 2017
This is nice. Congratulations.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Pludo: 7:24am On Oct 28, 2017
Good one from Faculty of Science.. Just pray this Prof Is cool headed and not the Vc of INDEMNITY FORMS & 4 SEMESTERS..

4 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by innobets(m): 7:25am On Oct 28, 2017
congratulations sir
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by sbashir10(m): 7:25am On Oct 28, 2017
congratulations sir
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by GoggleB(m): 7:27am On Oct 28, 2017
mastercee:
Finally, Rahman is going
has gone.. Hin wahala much

10 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by bellazz(m): 7:28am On Oct 28, 2017
yes
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2017
hmmn
Listen to my songs @ http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Queenlovely(f): 7:29am On Oct 28, 2017
I met him 5 years back a jfk airport and we spoke for sometime at the waiting area. I was going to Oregon and he was flying to Benin republic. He was beating his chest about his various achievement in life while I watch with keen interest.
His Ipad was filled with so many narcissist pictures of him. I pity the school

10 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by georjay(m): 7:31am On Oct 28, 2017
nice one
repping botany
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by free2ryhme: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2017
interesting
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by GGirll: 7:38am On Oct 28, 2017
Congratulations my prof we also presently produced the Dean of faculty of science......prof ogundipe was also the former Dean of SPGS unilag n d current chairman of Boson you are indeed loved by God n all success lovers of sucess n I'm glad to be a partaker of your good works shine on sir for d sky is not even your limit in Jesus Name Amen
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by deji17: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2017
Redeemed Pastor? Osinbajo connection? I don't know.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by Youngeasy1: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2017
Pludo:
Good one from Faculty of Science.. Just pray this Prof Is cool headed and not the Vc of INDEMNITY FORMS & 4 SEMESTERS..

Hahahhahah... This one got me... I can't forget that indemnity issh. That man turned unilag to secondary school.. Thank God I just signed out of Unilag!

3 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by georjay(m): 7:46am On Oct 28, 2017
GGirll:
Congratulations my prof we also presently produced the Dean of faculty of science......prof ogundipe was also the former Dean of SPGS unilag n d current chairman of Boson you are indeed loved by God n all success lovers of sucess n I'm glad to be a partaker of your good works shine on sir for d sky is not even your limit in Jesus Name Amen
Dean of science from botany too
nice
shey na adedokun?
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by holytribe(m): 7:47am On Oct 28, 2017
Pludo:

He is a cool headed man...
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by holytribe(m): 7:48am On Oct 28, 2017
Queenlovely:
I met him 5 years back a jfk airport and we spoke for sometime at the waiting area. I was going to Oregon and he was flying to Benin republic. He was beating his chest about his various achievement in life while I watch with keen interest.

Lie lie[quote][/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by holytribe(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2017
deji17:
Redeemed Pastor? Osinbajo connection? I don't know.... grin grin grin grin

It's not about any connection. There has been a great progression in his career right from Dean of spgs to DVC academics and research and now the incoming Vc. He is a man of integrity and I have met him series of times

7 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by ArchiPelago1: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2017
Remember that redeem pastor that was suspended because of Pasuma poster?

Yes Professor Toyin Ogundipe is the definition of GRACE
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by lilytender: 7:56am On Oct 28, 2017
Queenlovely:

Obviously most of third religious people are narcissistic and megalomaniac. Such people shouldn't head educational institution if we want to progress.
Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by ArchiPelago1: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2017
holytribe:

He is a cool headed man...

Adekunle.. Man that likes Fungi more than Oxygen

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatoyin Ogundipe Appointed As UNILAG Vice-Chancellor by slapandfall(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2017
Queenlovely:

So he gave you give iPad to check pictures abi.
Sorry fake ass niccur

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which University Is Currently Selling Their Pre-degree Form.pls Help! / Imo State University Embarks On Strike After Convocation Ceremony / How JAMB Plan To Combat Exam Cheat In 2017 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.