Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says (17988 Views)

Toyin Lawani: You Must Pay Me N2m Before I Can Go On A Date With You / Harrysong's Female Fan Grinds Her Derriere On His Crotch When She Sees Cash / Wizkid Or Harrysong: Who Killed The Ankara Concept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by alobispot(m): 1:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
"Harrysong Promised Me That When He Blows He Will Pay Me"- Producer Chimbalin Blasts Singer For Lying And Abandoning Him

A music producer, identified as Chimbalin has accused Alter Plate recording artist, Harrysong of ripping him off his financial rights on one of his songs, "Tribute To Mandela".

According to Chimbalin, in a chat with Pulse NG, though he had no written agreement with Harrysong when he produced the song, he got a verbal agreement from the singer as to what he would get from proceeds of the song.

The producer said following the production of the song, he was promised to get 10 percent of the proceeds should the song make it to MTN's caller back tune and ring tones - which the song eventually did.

Chimbalin then went further to explain how he met Harrysong and all that transpired between them before he decided to call it quit with the singer.

The meet

I met Harrysong in Warri some years ago when one of my friends worked with him on a song. My friend brought him to my studio then, we did a song and afterwards, Harrysong showed interest in me and wanted to work with me.

I produced Ogogoro featuring Timaya and some other songs for Harrysongs after which he urged me to leave Warri saying my talent was bigger than Warri and I thought about it before relocating to Lagos.

Relocating to Lagos

We started working together when I relocated to Lagos. Then, Harrysong was still signed on to Questionmark and we did a couple of songs and we worked together like a team striving to attain greater heights. So when Mandela died, we decided to do something and I produced the track which he sang on for the Tribute to Mandela song.

After the song, I wasn’t paid but we had a verbal agreement that I was going to get 10% of whatever proceeds comes out of endorsement from the song after which MTN took over the song and till now, I’m yet to get my entitlement as the producer of the song.

The Betrayal

I saw Harrysong as a brother and a friend when we did all these songs, hence there was no written agreement or any kind of law binding agreement other than the trust and verbal assurance which I took to be his word and his bond.

We never had any form of payment model, it was always about getting the job out and he sometimes tips me as a form of remuneration because I was working with him as his personal producer so I never expected it to turn out this way.

However, Harrysong keeps reassuring me that once he hits it big, I will be well and officially compensated and these I believed until now.

Five Star Journey

I was actually one of the two in house producers for Five Star Music. I worked myself out for a total of one year before I moved on. I stayed with the music crew that included Kcee, Skibii and Harrysong.

I was producing music alongside Dr Amin, another producer before I decided to move on when all I got were assurances and reassurances and no deal, agreement or contract signing.

Setting The Records Straight

I have kept quiet all these while even though I had tried reaching out to Harrysong a couple of time even before he left Five Star Music and when he started Alter Plate but it was still reassurances until his manager, Mr Desmond started telling people that I have been paid for all the jobs I did for Harrysong.

And I also learnt that Harrysong also told Kcee while he was with Five Star that he had sorted me and paid me in full for all the songs I produced and I found that not only disheartening but shattering to my trust in his words. I’m surprised why his manager, who was not working with him when we were working together, can continue saying I have been paid when Harrysong fully knows that that is not the case.

I am not fighting with Harrysong, neither do I want to ride on his fame for anything but truth must be told in plain words. Truth is I really don’t like it when people say things that aren’t through. If I was paid, I won’t have the nerve to come out and say all these.

http://www.celebsnest.com.ng/harrysong-promised-blows-will-pay-producer-chimbalin-blasts/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by biacan(f): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
Another one harrysong how many people you promise better life before you blow...... almost all Nigerian entertainers had unfulfilled promises.......

4 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by MrFuckallday: 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Harry Song wey never blow finish? cheesy Dude better look for someone else to blow from.

17 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by ReorxTohGan(m): 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
i so dont trust this black eyed nigguh...shrugs!

1 Like

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by PenisCaP: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by maxiuc(m): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
cheesy
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by 2shure: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
nawa o.
see strong face.
last last
na confra

4 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by kay29000(m): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
That is why it is always good to have all agreements in writing. If he had the agreement in writing he would be able to sue and get his money.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by ayorhmeeday(m): 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
eeeehn...
shae Harry song aff BLOW nih??

nor go find better artistes associate yasef with. make u dey clinch wif upcoming artistes dia!!

grin
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Ambitionsway: 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
Now you don complain waytin you want us to do
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by blackbeau1(f): 4:15pm On Oct 28, 2017
No written agreement, no deal bro. In business you either have a written agreement or when the person doesn't live up to his promises, you just suck it up.

14 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by free2ryhme: 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
alobispot:
"Harrysong Promised Me That When He Blows He Will Pay Me"- Producer Chimbalin Blasts Singer For Lying And Abandoning Him

A music producer, identified as Chimbalin has accused Alter Plate recording artist, Harrysong of ripping him off his financial rights on one of his songs, "Tribute To Mandela".

According to Chimbalin, in a chat with Pulse NG, though he had no written agreement with Harrysong when he produced the song, he got a verbal agreement from the singer as to what he would get from proceeds of the song.

The producer said following the production of the song, he was promised to get 10 percent of the proceeds should the song make it to MTN's caller back tune and ring tones - which the song eventually did.

Chimbalin then went further to explain how he met Harrysong and all that transpired between them before he decided to call it quit with the singer.

The meet

I met Harrysong in Warri some years ago when one of my friends worked with him on a song. My friend brought him to my studio then, we did a song and afterwards, Harrysong showed interest in me and wanted to work with me.

I produced Ogogoro featuring Timaya and some other songs for Harrysongs after which he urged me to leave Warri saying my talent was bigger than Warri and I thought about it before relocating to Lagos.

Relocating to Lagos

We started working together when I relocated to Lagos. Then, Harrysong was still signed on to Questionmark and we did a couple of songs and we worked together like a team striving to attain greater heights. So when Mandela died, we decided to do something and I produced the track which he sang on for the Tribute to Mandela song.

After the song, I wasn’t paid but we had a verbal agreement that I was going to get 10% of whatever proceeds comes out of endorsement from the song after which MTN took over the song and till now, I’m yet to get my entitlement as the producer of the song.

The Betrayal

I saw Harrysong as a brother and a friend when we did all these songs, hence there was no written agreement or any kind of law binding agreement other than the trust and verbal assurance which I took to be his word and his bond.

We never had any form of payment model, it was always about getting the job out and he sometimes tips me as a form of remuneration because I was working with him as his personal producer so I never expected it to turn out this way.

However, Harrysong keeps reassuring me that once he hits it big, I will be well and officially compensated and these I believed until now.

Five Star Journey

I was actually one of the two in house producers for Five Star Music. I worked myself out for a total of one year before I moved on. I stayed with the music crew that included Kcee, Skibii and Harrysong.

I was producing music alongside Dr Amin, another producer before I decided to move on when all I got were assurances and reassurances and no deal, agreement or contract signing.

Setting The Records Straight

I have kept quiet all these while even though I had tried reaching out to Harrysong a couple of time even before he left Five Star Music and when he started Alter Plate but it was still reassurances until his manager, Mr Desmond started telling people that I have been paid for all the jobs I did for Harrysong.

And I also learnt that Harrysong also told Kcee while he was with Five Star that he had sorted me and paid me in full for all the songs I produced and I found that not only disheartening but shattering to my trust in his words. I’m surprised why his manager, who was not working with him when we were working together, can continue saying I have been paid when Harrysong fully knows that that is not the case.

I am not fighting with Harrysong, neither do I want to ride on his fame for anything but truth must be told in plain words. Truth is I really don’t like it when people say things that aren’t through. If I was paid, I won’t have the nerve to come out and say all these.

http://www.celebsnest.com.ng/harrysong-promised-blows-will-pay-producer-chimbalin-blasts/

Story for the gods

you produce for him and you dont have any written legal document to back your claims and foolishly based them on empty promises

na naija you dey

3 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by madjune(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
In this time and age, niggas are still doing verbal agreement when you dey street.

Guy man turn to joo man.

1 Like

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Fatasy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
you sha want to blow by force, it won't happen go and ask the from the likes of password of davido,this one went as far as realising his own version or this one that claims to produce pere,where are they now
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blowing is Relative
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Dollipsejay(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
Business and Friendship is two different things

never mix the two things together

if i sell stuffs and my dad comes to buy, HE MUST PAY not to talk of a friend

now you are saying stories that touch..

Eeyah

2 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Johnawesome(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Na wao, everybody won popular before December.
Pls do you guys know that wizkid is my house boy
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Unik3030: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
blackbeau1:
No written agreement, no deal bro. In business you either have a written agreement or when the person doesn't live up to his promises, you just suck it up.
it doesn't happen like that all time, Atimes u run things for your close pal based on believe n winning spirit. it happens like that in music even abroad but harrysong just decide to ditch his guy.

4 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by 1stMD: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Ziggyduben(m): 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
I'll pay u after I blow. Lie of d century. I don't believe d guy though. He probably just wants small fame
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Eazybay(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
ReorxTohGan:
i so dont trust this black eyed nigguh...shrugs!

Buh u trust HarrySong Because he's now A Star and does everything for the camera.

Ask any upcoming artiste from the SS region, they'll tell you how good Chimbalin is.

When ppl are desperate, they sweet talk you and you don't even bother about "agreement."

Even if it's your brother, before anything, sign AGREEMENT!

6 Likes

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by luckybaddest(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
Wait till he blow bro
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
biacan:
Another one harrysong how many people you promise better live before you blow...... almost all Nigerian entertainers had unfulfilled promises.......
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by blackbeau1(f): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Unik3030:
it doesn't happen like that all time, Atimes u run things for your close pal based on believe n winning spirit. it happens like that in music even abroad but harrysong just decide to ditch his guy.
when it's business, don't

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by KingDavidic(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
there is God.
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
Eazybay:

Buh u trust HarrySong Because he's now A Star and does everything for the camera.

Ask any upcoming artiste from the SS region, they'll tell you how good Chimbalin is.

When ppl are desperate, they sweet talk you and you don't even bother about "agreement."

Even if it's your brother, before anything, sign AGREEMENT!
i am not taking sides but if he is that good,let him produce for someone else and hit it big time........my only way to revenge or complain is to be successful
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Unik3030: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2017
blackbeau1:
when it's business, don't
it doesn't work that way my sister,but I agree with you sha
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by goodnews777: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Urgly Harry has no song
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by talk2percy(m): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2017
Harrysong, e no good if u really promised this guy u will see him after u don blow, and u blew with the track and chop the money alone?? Bros, u chop alone and die alone o...
Re: Chimbalin: Harrysong Promised That When He Blows He Will Pay Me - Producer Says by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Johnawesome:
Na wao, everybody won popular before December.
Pls do you guys know that wizkid is my house boy
Weed is not good for u bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Year Old Girl Started Trending On Twitter After Posting These Photos / Monalisa Chinda: Hot Or Not? / Uche Iwuanyanwu-Nnannah Responds To Compromizing Video Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.