Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue (16885 Views)

Buhari To Upgrade Presidential Aircraft With N1.5bn / Osun State Needs N10bn Monthly Revenue To Survive Economically – Gov Aregbesola / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Blue3k2: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Amarabae:
It looks poor,
1.5billion a month?
For a state like Anambra,
Let there be improvement by bringing out policies to ensure faster and easy growth of private sectors in Anambra.

It's just a little lower than Kaduna's monthly IGR this year. It's probably because small percentage of population pays taxes like Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by cstr1000: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blue3k2:

It's just a little lower than Kaduna's monthly IGR this year. It's probably because small percentage of population pays taxes like Kaduna.
Why should they pay tax?
Is it because of the 24/7 light, good roads or what?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by aribisala0(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
post=61859466:

Our people find it difficult to pay their taxes, Anambra economy is run by indigenous people, you tax them they lament, our situation it's just like flies that perch on scrotum you need to apply wisdom to kill it they believe its their state, you tax them they go,against you during election.
Ebola Consolation. But they have no difficulty paying in Ragos where they are majority and developing the whole of Ragos?
Ebola people. Keep up your pathetic attempt at consoling yourself
This four a State that is the most industrialized commercialized .......Now generating 12 billion naira a year

Hihhihihihi

Ogun state generates that in 2 months

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Blue3k(m): 8:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
cstr1000:

Why should they pay tax?
Is it because of the 24/7 light, good roads or what?

Infrastructure and services aren't free unless your cool with borrowing.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by aribisala0(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
Amarabae:
It looks poor,
1.5billion a month? For a state like Anambra,
Let there be improvement by bringing out policies to ensure faster and easy growth of private sectors in Anambra.

A state like Anambra? What kind of state is Anambra exactly

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by aribisala0(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blue3k2:

D you have data for percentage of those that pay tax in Kaduna. ?

Define "small"
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Election will hold in Anambra but, there will be a very very low turnout that's what i am sure of cool

You guys should come out with speculated turnout percentage instead of disturbing us with warped and lame claim.

Last election in Anambra has 25% turnout. That is the percentage between registered voters and accredited votes. Election turnout over there is always low. I do not think there have been anything above 40% there once. These are fact.

If turnout is below 10%, you IPOB win. But if it goes beyond that, you guys failed

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by cstr1000: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blue3k:

Infrastructure and services aren't free unless your cool with borrowing.
Work with what you have. Be more creative with revenue generation instead of going the easy way of over-taxation..
Improve the infrastructure first, then you can tax me for using it.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Agentsmith002: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
MXrap:
Chyke the Abakaleke miscreant, we are not talking about gala hawking here. Go and hawk your gala and mineral drinks. Cursed almajiri-igbos.

[s][/s]
. i hawk gala marry wife, i hawk gala build better house, i hawk gala buy better car

proudly a gala hawker

let's here ur own story. anumanu

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Blue3k(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
cstr1000:

Work with what you have. Be more creative with revenue generation instead of going the easy way of over-taxation..

You're arguing to different points. Taxing isnt over taxing. Is what you have enough? What is creative tax generation? Taxes come from people and business. (Business always passes on taxes to consumers but whatever)

If you dodge taxes that your business. I'm not the IRS. They just borrow or put tolls on road of something.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Bro I thought you told us that you are from Anambra and that you stays at Nkpor in Idemili North LGA, so why are you referring Anambra state, your proclaimed state as "The State??
If you have nothing to say tonight, please swerve

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
Yyeske:
If you have nothing to say tonight, please swerve
Please always try to be proud of where you come from cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
Agentsmith002:
. if you believe that that eddiot is from anambra ,then you can as well believe that my wife is a virgin
And if true that I'm from Anambra then.......... I don't want to chop ban

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I know where he's from but i just want him to tell us story(ies) cool
Prove to me you are not from Somalia

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
Have you seen any abakaleke person that lives in a good house other than ghetto? Have you seen any abakaleke person that owns a car if not okada? Professional gala hawkers. Lol

Below is where I am responding from, show us the ghetto where you are right now. Ezi ofia

[s]
Agentsmith002:
. i hawk gala marry wife, i hawk gala build better house, i hawk gala buy better car
proudly a gala hawker
let's here ur own story. anumanu
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Blue3k(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
aribisala0:
D you have data for percentage of those that pay tax in Kaduna. ?

Define "small"

13% of tax base pays taxes in Kaduna. When vast majority don't pay that's small by any metric. KDIRS made this claim.

He said that the state had three to four million potential tax payers, but expressed regret that only about 400,000 were in the KDIRS revenue net.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by aribisala0(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Amarabae:
It looks poor,
om fantasy

Reality is different fantasy or wishful deluded thinking

This is the reality of what Anambra really is not what you want it to be . It is a shit-hole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
GavelSlam:

So if I use for the term" for the country" it means I'm from Ghana?
Allow those kids to continue gallivanting, when I have their time, ask them how it tells on them. Just leave them for me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
He has been claiming Anambrarian illogically that's why he needs an illogical question. I no dey vex cool
Thanks goodness you know your question was illogical and you need an answer from me? Go and play please

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by cstr1000: 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2017
aribisala0:
om fantasy

Reality is different fantasy or wishful deluded thinking

This is the reality of what Anambra really is not what you want it to be . It is a shit-hole
It is not a poo-hole.
It is actually one of the very few Nigerian states with decent finances.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
post=61859466:

Our people find it difficult to pay their taxes, Anambra economy is run by indigenous people, you tax them they lament, our situation it's just like flies that perch on scrotum you need to apply wisdom to kill it they believe its their state, you tax them they go,against you during election.
You are right with that, our people don't like paying tax. Do you know that just Onitsha alone and environs can triple that figure.
Obiano really tried achieving this in an election year

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
aribisala0:

A state like Anambra? What kind of state is Anambra exactly
Give kudos to the governor, is it easy raising it from 500 million to 1.5B within 3 and a half years.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Please always try to be proud of where you come from cool
I hope you are equally proud being a Somali Jew

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
aribisala0:
Ebola Consolation. But they have no difficulty paying in Ragos where they are majority and developing the whole of Ragos?
Ebola people. Keep up your pathetic attempt at consoling yourself
This four a State that is the most industrialized commercialized .......Now generating 12 billion naira a year

Hihhihihihi

Ogun state generates that in 2 months
Kemi Olunloyo crew, I never believe in IGR from states in Nigeria, figures are pushed out
by governors without supervise by apex bank, if they like they publish it, IGR doesn't measure economy, if you are sound, some states can choose to low or higher their IGR, state like Anambra and Abia your don't expect high IGR because operators of economic activities from both states are indigenous people unlike Lagos, Ogun, Rivers. If you are smart can you ask yourself why Anambra trashed Ogun on poverty index, or money deposited by business operators in Anambra dwarfed Ogun?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by cstr1000: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blue3k:

You're arguing to different points. Taxing isnt over taxing. Is what you have enough? What is creative tax generation? Taxes come from people and business. (Business always passes on taxes to consumers but whatever)

If you dodge taxes that your business. I'm not the IRS. They just borrow or put tolls on road of something.

Taxation in Nigeria is over-taxation. What exactly are they taxing for? And they obviously do'n't do it right. I pay tax so I know.

You pay tax because the state has made it relatively easy for you to make money, so you contribute your quota in sustaining that advantage that the state has provided.
That is clearly not the case in Nigeria. The money that should be paid for tax is what people use in providing their own fuel, good roads and water for their business.

Nigeria is blessed with natural resources. utilize these resources effectively to generate ''quick cash'' that can be injected into solving our many infrastructural deficits.
Just like Dubai who financed her infrastructural growth with oil, and is now moving into a service-oriented economy. Dubai can now afford to tax the living hell out of businesses and people, because the infrastructure is already being used by those businesses to make money-making easier for them.

Our problem is wickedness, corruption and mental laziness.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Blue3k(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
cstr1000:

Taxation in Nigeria is over-taxation. What exactly are they taxing for? And they obviously do'n't do it right. I pay tax so I know.

You pay tax because the state has made it relatively easy for you to make money, so you contribute your quota in sustaining that advantage that the state has provided.
That is clearly not the case in Nigeria. The money that should be paid for tax is what people use in providing their own fuel, good roads and water for their business.

Nigeria is blessed with natural resources. utilize these resources effectively to generate ''quick cash'' that can be injected into solving our many infrastructural deficits.
Just like Dubai who financed her infrastructural growth with oil, and is now moving into a service-oriented economy. Dubai can now afford to tax the living hell out of businesses and people, because the infrastructure is already being used by those businesses to make money-making easier for them.

Our problem is wickedness, corruption and mental laziness.

It's OK dude dodge your taxes I'm not after you. You don't need to justify your lifestyle to me. I already told you the options the state will take.

Anyway you talk about natural resources which is extracted by who? Business and people who pay taxes unless they are illegal miners. I agree mental laziness is big problem.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Ovamboland(m): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
cstr1000:

They will first use wads of leaves to improve the infrastructure first and then demand cash later, you try well well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by cstr1000: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Blue3k:

It's OK dude dodge your taxes I'm not after you. You don't need to justify your lifestyle to me. I already told you the options the state will take.

Anyway you talk about natural resources which is extracted by who? Business and people who pay taxes unless they are illegal miners. I agree mental laziness is big problem.
I don't understand your problem. Natural resources is a different kettle of fish due to its potential for quick cash generation.
Nigeria engages in a sharing formula with the extracting companies in our oil sector. What have we done with our share aside from massive embezzling?
The extracting companies can be taxed heavily. That is no real problem, because they are making a lot of money almost immediately.
And we have so many natural resources we can exploit to make life easier for the ordinary citizens and smaller businesses.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by cstr1000: 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ovamboland:

They will first use wads of leaves to improve the infrastructure first and then demand cash later, you try well well.
No.
The better way is to embezzle and waste the revenues from the extractive industries, tax the citizens more heavily, tax them some more, and then expect businesses to thrive , the Jobs to increase,and quality of living to improve..

APC scums.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by asawanathegreat(m): 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
That is more reason why Obiano should comeback to help d state not all these thief's fighting to come and steal d state.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by highchief1: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
Amarabae:
It looks poor,
u don't no what's 1.5n

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by aribisala0(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
18 billion naira a year or
$48 million dollars a year for a state that is the economic and commercial and industrial hub of Nigeria?
Ebolla people grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Odigie-Oyegun Promises To Work With Secondus / Ministerial List May Trigger Another Round Of APC Crisis / Over 5,000 Jobs Lost In Lagos After Anti-xenophobic Protest - Governor Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.