Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue (16889 Views)

Buhari To Upgrade Presidential Aircraft With N1.5bn / Osun State Needs N10bn Monthly Revenue To Survive Economically – Gov Aregbesola / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Centurion04: 3:38am On Oct 29, 2017
I wish other state govts could follow suit esp those ones with thieving governors who always feel their IGR belongs to their private pockets... They know themselves (needless to mention names).

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by kettykin: 4:03am On Oct 29, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

1. Why didn't Obiano release his IGR to NBS just like the rest of Nigeria, why now because of the election?

2. The rubbish link you posted about debt doesn't have anything to do with IGR so stop posting dumb and irrelevant rubbish.

3. Anambra is indebted like many states in Nigeria just like Ogun state, but Ogun still delivered more projects than all your SE villages combined debt or no debt.

4. 4 out of all your SE villages collected salary bailout from the FG just like Ogun.

5. Ogun collected more IGR than all your unproductive villages combined.

If you want to increase your IGR overnight, just draw overhead base or whatever rubbish map and watch your IGR shoot from 500 to 1.5 billion.

It's called anambra MAGIC. grin grin

These Igbos no go kill pesin with comedy sha grin grin

Sucks to be you losers.. grin grin grin

when should a performing governor release such strategic information , Obiano is a well experienced bank , most banks release earnings and promise dividends just before an public offer , same with other companies , if you are expecting the governor to release this kind of strategic information fter an election then it is you that has a problem and not the governor.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:06am On Oct 29, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

1. Why didn't Obiano release his IGR to NBS just like the rest of Nigeria, why now because of the election?

2. The rubbish link you posted about debt doesn't have anything to do with IGR so stop posting dumb and irrelevant rubbish.

3. Anambra is indebted like many states in Nigeria just like Ogun state, but Ogun still delivered more projects than all your SE villages combined debt or no debt.

4. 4 out of all your SE villages collected salary bailout from the FG just like Ogun.

5. Ogun collected more IGR than all your unproductive villages combined.

If you want to increase your IGR overnight, just draw overhead base or whatever rubbish map and watch your IGR shoot from 500 to 1.5 billion.

It's called anambra MAGIC. grin grin

These Igbos no go kill pesin with comedy sha grin grin

Sucks to be you losers.. grin grin grin

Did you still need to know why you are dumb
? Read 2015 report from NBS, Ogun IGR was 17.5 billion 2014, while Anambra was 10.4 billion as at then, businesses and industries in Anambra are 98% run by indigenous people unlike your backward state were Igbos, Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, and other tribes control 98% of industrial activities.

Read 2015 report, mind you 2016 Anambra state cut taxes for Anambarians during nation economy clutch, that is the reason why the state didn't improve on IGR also was not published, Anambra low taxes to encourage and support indigenous business operators that control our economy unlike Ogun, that's why Anambra trashed Ogun on money deposited in banks for five years released by CBN, and we are low on poverty index.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201861-11-nigerian-states-record-improved-internal-revenue-2015.html

11 Nigerian states record improved internal revenue in 2015

National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)

With declining global oil prices putting increasing pressure on states to explore alternative ways to shore up their revenue earnings, only 11 of Nigeria’s 36 states improved their internally generated revenue, IGR, in 2015.

The National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, in its latest IGR report on Thursday named Ogun, Anambra, Borno, Edo, Bauchi, Abia, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Taraba and Sokoto as the only states that bettered their 2014 records of revenue generation performance in 2015.

The NBS, which relied on records obtained from the Joint Tax Board and states’ boards of internal revenue, said the IGR earnings in 24 other states declined from the levels attained the previous year.

Among the 24 states that performed poorly included Kwara, Imo, Bayelsa, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Lagos, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Yobe, and Zamfara.

Ebonyi was the only state whose internally generated revenue records were not available.

Overall performance of the 36 states showed that the total IGR realised for the year dropped by 3.69 per cent, from N707.86 billion in 2014 to N682.67 billion.

Details of the respective states’ performances showed that Ogun State’s IGR records were adjudged best, with a 49.42 per cent increase, almost doubling the N17.5 billion revenue earned in 2014 to N34.6 billion.

Anambra followed closely, with its IGR rising by about 29.32 per cent from N10.45 billion in 2014 to N14.79 billion, while Borno came third with a 21.8 per cent improvement from N2.76 billion the previous year to N3.53 billion.

Anambra cut taxes in 2016 during nation financial turmoil to encourage and support our people.

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/09/20/recession-obiano-suspends-taxes-anambra/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by BabaRamota1980: 4:54am On Oct 29, 2017
kettykin:

when should a performing governor release such strategic information , Obiano is a well experienced bank , most banks release earnings and promise dividends just before an public offer , same with other companies , if you are expecting the governor to release this kind of strategic information fter an election then it is you that has a problem and not the governor.

He is running government, not a private company. He owes it duty to be transparent and share State performance results. What is strategic about hiding IGR numbers?

So if he didnt apply the strategy when he announced raising 200%increase in revenue collection by mapping aerial photography of Awka, I dont see any special priviledge of strategization that bars him from sharing his IGRnumbers for 2017.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 6:26am On Oct 29, 2017
Abagworo go and focus on your useless and worthless Imo state that does not generate up to 10k a month. Why are you cursed old man always more interested in Anambra matter than your dying Imo state? Our IGR is hitting 2b/m while your hopeless Imo state has nothing except building useless statues up and down while workers are owed 10months arrears and nothing anywhere on ground to show. Pay more attention in your useless Imo state where an hausa one-legged limping occultic bastard is your governor. Evil envious old man, your wish for us will always befall your worthless state.

[s]
Imo1stson:
Election! If he loses, his group will use the false claim of 1.5 billion to discredit the incoming Government that might discover it is actually 600 million.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 6:33am On Oct 29, 2017
asawanathegreat:
That is more reason why Obiano should comeback to help d state not all these thief's fighting to come and steal d state.

He is coming back for sure. GOD is with him.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 6:54am On Oct 29, 2017
aribisala0:
Ebola Consolation. But they have no difficulty paying in Ragos where they are majority and developing the whole of Ragos?
Ebola people. Keep up your pathetic attempt at consoling yourself
This four a State that is the most industrialized commercialized .......Now generating 12 billion naira a year

Hihhihihihi

Ogun state generates that in 2 months

HONESTLY, SOME R VERY GOOD IN EMBARRASSING DER PPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 7:00am On Oct 29, 2017
aribisala0:
om fantasy

Reality is different fantasy or wishful deluded thinking

This is the reality of what Anambra really is not what you want it to be . It is a shit-hole

N HIS SITUATION KEEPS GETTING WORSE. NEXT LINE OF ACTION WILL BE INSULTS N CHASING SHADOWS.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2017
cstr1000:

It is not a poo-hole.
It is actually one of the very few Nigerian states with decent finances.

BROS, WEN U C A LOST CAUSE, U WILL ALWAYS NO
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 7:04am On Oct 29, 2017
This is on point.

post=61866409:

Did you still need to know why you are dumb
? read 2015 report from NBS, Ogun IGR was 17.5 billion 2014, while Anambra was 10.4 billion at that time, businesses and industries in Anambra are 98% run by indigenous people unlike your backward state were Igbos, Indians, Lebanese, Chinese, and other tribes control 98% of industrial activities.

Read 2015 report, mind you 2016 Anambra state cut taxes for Anambarians during nation economy clutch, that is the reason why the state didn't improve on IGR also was not published, Anambra low taxes to encourage and support indigenous business operators that control our economy unlike Ogun, that's why Anambra trashed Ogun on money deposited in banks for five years released by CBN, and we are low on poverty index.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201861-11-nigerian-states-record-improved-internal-revenue-2015.html

11 Nigerian states record improved internal revenue in 2015

National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)

With declining global oil prices putting increasing pressure on states to explore alternative ways to shore up their revenue earnings, only 11 of Nigeria’s 36 states improved their internally generated revenue, IGR, in 2015.

The National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, in its latest IGR report on Thursday named Ogun, Anambra, Borno, Edo, Bauchi, Abia, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Taraba and Sokoto as the only states that bettered their 2014 records of revenue generation performance in 2015.

The NBS, which relied on records obtained from the Joint Tax Board and states’ boards of internal revenue, said the IGR earnings in 24 other states declined from the levels attained the previous year.

Among the 24 states that performed poorly included Kwara, Imo, Bayelsa, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Delta, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Lagos, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Yobe, and Zamfara.

Ebonyi was the only state whose internally generated revenue records were not available.

Overall performance of the 36 states showed that the total IGR realised for the year dropped by 3.69 per cent, from N707.86 billion in 2014 to N682.67 billion.

Details of the respective states’ performances showed that Ogun State’s IGR records were adjudged best, with a 49.42 per cent increase, almost doubling the N17.5 billion revenue earned in 2014 to N34.6 billion.

Anambra followed closely, with its IGR rising by about 29.32 per cent from N10.45 billion in 2014 to N14.79 billion, while Borno came third with a 21.8 per cent improvement from N2.76 billion the previous year to N3.53 billion.

Anambra cut taxes in 2016 during nation financial turmoil to encourage and support our people.

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/09/20/recession-obiano-suspends-taxes-anambra/

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 7:09am On Oct 29, 2017
blacknp:
Welcome to Biafra country,Lagos alone makes monthly more than what the whole south east combined makes in a month yet they want a country instead of requesting a local government.

UR COMMENTS OBVIOUSLY SHOWS HOW YOUNG U R.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2017
Imo1stson:
Election! If he loses, his group will use the false claim of 1.5 billion to discredit the incoming Government that might discover it is actually 600 million.

THOUGH I DON'T TRUST POLITICIANS, BUT WILLY IS FAR BETA DAN ROCHAS

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 7:15am On Oct 29, 2017
Yyeske:
Damn it!!!
I've made more enemies than friends for supporting who I know is working and will still work and you're telling me to stop? River Niger isn't too far or use the nearest well as the case may be. I never knew my actions were actually touching some nerves, my dear, you can as well sit in your house that day with your nsala and those of us who want him will go vote.
Nobody is begging you and you can as well start hating him from this moment and sense can fall on you afterwards.

See me see wahala, so I can't express myself on nairaland because of some unscrupulous unknown so called enemies I will always tell the truth.

NWANNA, 4GET DOSE CUCUMBERS ON NL. WE DAT D DIFFERENCE BW ANAMBRA OF MABADUJU N ANAMBRA OF OBIANO WILL NOT FALL TO CHEAP BLACKMAIL N PROPAGANDA IN NL.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Bail out funds is part of Federal largesse, it's no different than the monthly allocation handouts to States. Thats also a bail out for States to meet financial obligations.

So what is big deal about bail out fund? Nothing! Federal government handout, simple!

You ought to question why SE is missing in the list of zones that collect bail out.

While we are talking about bail out and IGR....lets visit interest free loans from Islam banks. It is not hidden even by your Governors that they are the top clients to approach Jaiz Bank for rescue loans. So swerve left with this bail out fund and address the more respectable index for gauging State capacity for independence and self-reliance....IGR!

Another ignoramus, bailout funds from FG,isn't a free gift all states must pay, add it to huge loans Ogun took from domestic and foreign banks, mind you Ogun is indebted to Anambra through bond, if they make so much IGR why asking for bailout twice to pay salaries?

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Igboid: 7:18am On Oct 29, 2017
obailala:
Lol... a lot of kids and dull adults actually litter this forum. That explains why you see such queer reasoning.

A non Igbo claiming Igbo, coming out to defend another impostor.
Why am I not surprised. grin
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Okeikpu(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Amarabae:
It looks poor,
1.5billion a month? For a state like Anambra,
Let there be improvement by bringing out policies to ensure faster and easy growth of private sectors in Anambra.
O'kwa ichobago ibe akwa ozo sad kwontinue
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by GoldNiagara(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Leez:

sure sure
we wee learn from osun and ekiti gringrin
lagos being wat it is today is bciz it was a former fed capital if not u know una way but just incase u've forgotten
BROWN ROOF REPUBLIC!!!

Wonder why Calabar is not also developed.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by chineduemmao: 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
ArchangeLucifer:
A large percent of my Nigerian subjects are based in Anambra State.

The volume of blood I receive from that region alone represents roughly 15% of my Kingdom's annual consumption.
ur kingdom get GDP abi... LOL in shanghai style
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Amarabae(f): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Okeikpu:
O'kwa ichobago ibe akwa ozo sad kwontinue
how?
What's wrong with my post? Mr man
Why not counter it intellectually like many did here,
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Leez(m): 7:38am On Oct 29, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Wonder why Calabar is not also developed.
wetin concern national capital with calabar na
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by GoldNiagara(m): 7:43am On Oct 29, 2017
kettykin:

Obiano should never consult alpha beta, abia state that did it is yet to recover from it. Anambra can boost it igr by going into an mou with the businesses in anambra to have a say on how the taxes they pay is used. Alpha beta should help osun , Oyo and other APC states that can not even pay workers salary

Why will Alpha beta work when you guys don't pay your taxes, remember the Firs statistics. Alpha Beta will not pay tax for you guys, it will only assist to aggregate what you pay and effectively collect and remit. Nothing works down in the east.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Amarabae(f): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2017
This thread still dey.
We should be looking beyond political affiliation when discussing issues in Anambra,
If restructuring comes now for example, many states will be looking at igr for sustainance,
Can 1.5b sustain Anambra monthly without any allocation coming?
We pray for igr improvement abeg.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by obailala(m): 7:46am On Oct 29, 2017
Igboid:

A non Igbo claiming Igbo, coming out to defend another impostor.
Why am I not surprised. grin
The Yeske guy may or may not be from anambra, I have no clue who he is, but basing your evidence on the fact that he referred to anambra as 'THE STATE', that is extremely daft and infact imbecillic logic.

I'm sure you certainly fall in one of the two categories I described in my earlier post; probably in the latter category. So biko puo m n'uzo kam soro ndi ishi ha dimma kpa nkata.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Okeikpu(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2017
Amarabae:
how?
What's wrong with my post? Mr man
Why not counter it intellectually like many did here,
Is that suppose to be ur good morning to me, azukwalu gi azu ofuma sad
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2017
Yeske, is a pure Anambra guy from Nibo and a resident of Onitsha.

obailala:
The Yeske guy may or may not be from anambra, I have no clue who he is, but basing your evidence on the fact that he referred to anambra as 'THE STATE', that is extremely daft and infact imbecillic logic.

I'm sure you certainly fall in one of the two categories I described in my earlier post; probably in the latter category. So biko puo m n'uzo kam soro ndi ishi ha dimma kpa nkata.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2017
obailala:

Hapu godi umu aka a, they can ascribe any tribe or state to anyone who wouldn't agree with them on issues. Let them come and peel off Anambra from my DNA na.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Yyeske(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2017
MXrap:
Yeske, is a pure Anambra guy from Nibo and a resident of Onitsha.

Nwanne, you don't even need to help me convince anyone about who I am because I'm already and always who I am.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by Imo1stson: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2017
buchilino:

In what way exactly? Maybe in alcohol consumption.
Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2017
Imo1stson:

OUT OF 10 STATEMENTS FROM OBIANO, 5 OR 6 R LIES. D REST CONTAINS SOME ELEMENTS OF TRUTH IN DEM. BUT WEN IT COMES 2 ROCHAS , OUT OF 10 STATEMENTS FROM HIM, 11 R ALL LIES N DECEIT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2017
The guy is right, in all parameters of governance Obiano's 3yrs in office beats the 8 wasted years of the limping bastard called Okorocha. Stop mentioning the name Okorocha because it represents curse.

Imo1stson:

1 Like

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by MXrap: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2017
buchilino:

Okorocha is a curse to Imo state. Do you know that one of my staff whose mom is a civil servant in Imo state was given a bounced cheque by Okorocha after owing them for several months. The young girl now came to ask me to assist her so that her parents and siblings can at least feed.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue by buchilino(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2017
MXrap:

Okorocha is a curse to Imo state. Do you know that one of my staff who's mom is a civil servant in Imo state was given a bounced cheque by Okorocha. The young girl now came to ask me to assist her so that her parents can at least feed.

DIS IS WAT WE R SAYING BUT D CUCUMBERS WEY FULL NL NO GO ALLOW PERSON HEAR WORD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign / Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) / Without Npdp, Buhari Will Win Again - Nasir El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.