Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,840 members, 7,806,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! (2457 Views)

Huawei Has Completed The World's First 5G Live Broadcast In The UK / Motorola Announces First 5G Smartphone / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by sainttobs(m): 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Recently a Twitter user who goes by the name Sherif Hanna had posted a photo of world’s first 5G smartphone. Well, Sherif Hanna is marketing lead for 5G NR and LTE Modems for Qualcomm. The image clearly shows that the smartphone sports a dual rear camera and carries a Qualcomm Snapdragon logo at the back panel.

Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone!
If we talk about 5G technology, Qualcomm is the first name that strikes our mind. Well, Qualcomm has been actively committed to developing the 5G technology. The fifth generation technology is expected to revolutionize how technology or we interact with each other.

Recently a Twitter user who goes by the name Sherif Hanna had posted a photo of world’s first 5G smartphone. Well, Sherif Hanna is marketing lead for 5G NR and LTE Modems for Qualcomm. In his tweet, he wrote “Hard to believe that i have the world’s first 5G smartphone in my hand!”

Well, let me tell you that the phone displayed in the image above is not the final unit of Qualcomm’s first 5G smartphone instead it’s Qualcomm’s first mmWave 5G reference design. This is actually a model which was specially designed to test and optimize their 5G mmWave performance.

The image clearly shows that the smartphone sports a dual rear camera and carries a Qualcomm Snapdragon logo at the back panel. Sherif Hanna also mentions that the device can support multi-mode 2G/3G/4G/5G.

Recently, Qualcomm also demonstrated the 5G data connection on a single-chip 5G modem which is Qualcomm Snapdragon X50 5G modem. In the demonstration, Qualcomm managed to establish a 5G connection with great than 1GBps download speed.

So, what do you think about this? Share your views in the comment box below.

Source: http://www.9jatechguru.com.ng/2017/10/meet-worlds-first-5g-smartphone.html

Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by LOVEGINO(m): 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
Very useless for naija sad
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by sbashir10(m): 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
No be only 5G na 10G u go see

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by oluwadubem: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
bros abegi permit me to asked ooooooo,I think those that innovate all this networks are network providers not phone manufacturers...or I my wrongi...

#peace#
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by Tbillz(m): 12:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Make them this oyinbo come teach us how to tackle corruption, no be to dey import new version wey person go must steal b4 him fit afford
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by readwone(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2017
sadI Neva buy 4g self

1 Like

Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by oscillation55(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Eiyaaaa
readwone:
sadI Neva buy 4g self
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by nedu2000(m): 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Good network is good network,you can use 2G to stream videos,5G is of little relevance to me in nigeria
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by dan9ice(m): 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
4g never stable, una bring 5g..
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by haconjy(m): 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
Nigeria just reach 4G generation now we are talking of 5g
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by inedujac: 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
4g wey itel neva get 4 any of their brand? Now 5g? there is God o
Re: Meet The World’s First 5G Smartphone! by thesolutions(m): 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
I decided to put my BBQ10 on 4G Band and all network vanished. Manual search showed nothing. But my sim is 4G enabled.

This Nigerian Telecoms should stop being George Finidi. Always starting what they can not finish.

(1) (Reply)

Help How To Unlock My Lg D415 On Tmobile To Work On All Sim / Fero A5005 Official Firmware/flashfile / Share Photos Of Your Data Usage For January.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.