Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,335 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (8917 Views)

Voter’s Cards: APC, Others Protest In Lagos / Fani-kayode, Momodu, Others Confused Over Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by bgees(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
I believe this is the way to go instead of the crappy talk of breaking up.

we should unite and fight the government. Dele Momodu and co should not stop here, demonstrations like these should be done more often. If the next election is rigged , we should take it to the streets like they did in Iran.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by VPG: 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2010
Nigeria leader Goodluck Jonathan dissolves cabinet

Goodluck Jonathan assumed executive powers on 9 February
Nigeria's acting president, Goodluck Jonathan, has dissolved the country's cabinet, government sources say.

Mr Jonathan became acting president in February amid the continuing illness of President Umaru Yar'Adua.

Mr Yar'Adua went to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November last year and, despite returning to Nigeria recently, has not been seen in public.

The cabinet was picked by Mr Yar'Adua and correspondents say Mr Jonathan is now trying to stamp his own authority.

Election candidate

Information Minister Dora Akunyili said after a cabinet meeting: "Today, the acting president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, dissolved the Federal Executive Council (cabinet).

ANALYSIS

Chris Ewokor, BBC News, Abuja
The move was expected, considering the stories that made the rounds of the newspaper front pages in Nigeria on Wednesday. Some here had been calling for the dissolution of the cabinet, suggesting it had not performed to expectations.
Many here will see this as a major move by the acting president to consolidate his position.

But it is not the first such action. Soon after he became acting president he asserted his authority by swapping ministers - including the minister of justice, who was seen as a close ally of ailing President Yar'Adua.

"He did not give us any reason for the dissolution. Permanent secretaries will take charge of the ministries from tomorrow."

Ms Akunyili said that Mr Jonathan would issue a statement soon on the future make-up of the cabinet.

Mr Jonathan will have to submit the list of new ministers to the National Assembly.

It was only on 9 February that the assembly appointed Mr Jonathan as acting president, allowing him to sign legislation, chair cabinet meetings, reshuffle ministers and release oil funds.

Since he assumed power he has been faced with serious communal violence between Muslim and Christian groups near the city of Jos that has left hundreds dead. On Wednesday, at least 10 people were killed in an attack on a mainly Christian village near Jos.

Armed groups who say they are fighting for a fairer share of oil wealth have also continued their campaign in the Niger Delta.

YAR'ADUA ILLNESS TIMELINE

23 Nov 2009: Goes to hospital in Saudi Arabia
26 Nov: Doctors say he has pericarditis, a heart problem
23 Dec: First court case filed urging him to step down
12 Jan: President gives telephone interview from Saudi Arabia
27 Jan: Cabinet declares president fit
9 Feb: Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan made acting president
24 Feb: Yar'Adua returns
President Yar'Adua was treated in Saudi Arabia for what his doctor described as acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. There are no details of his current condition.

Amid the continuing uncertainty over Mr Yar'Adua, it was announced on Tuesday that next year's presidential election could be brought forward by three months.

Mr Yar'Adua's term of office expires in May 2011 but he is not expected to stand again.

The ruling People's Democratic Party, to which both Mr Yar'Adua and Mr Jonathan belong, has a policy of alternating between Muslim and Christian presidential candidates, allowing each to serve two four-year terms.

Mr Yar'Adua, a Muslim, was elected in 2007 after Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, had ruled for eight years.

The People's Democratic Party this month confirmed that a Muslim would be the candidate next year to continue this policy, ruling out Mr Jonathan, a Christian.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
VPG:

Nigeria leader Goodluck Jonathan dissolves cabinet

Goodluck Jonathan assumed executive powers on 9 February
Nigeria's acting president, Goodluck Jonathan, has dissolved the country's cabinet, government sources say.

Mr Jonathan became acting president in February amid the continuing illness of President Umaru Yar'Adua.

Mr Yar'Adua went to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November last year and, despite returning to Nigeria recently, has not been seen in public.

The cabinet was picked by Mr Yar'Adua and correspondents say Mr Jonathan is now trying to stamp his own authority.

Election candidate

Information Minister Dora Akunyili said after a cabinet meeting: "Today, the acting president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, dissolved the Federal Executive Council (cabinet).

ANALYSIS

Chris Ewokor, BBC News, Abuja
The move was expected, considering the stories that made the rounds of the newspaper front pages in Nigeria on Wednesday. Some here had been calling for the dissolution of the cabinet, suggesting it had not performed to expectations.
Many here will see this as a major move by the acting president to consolidate his position.

But it is not the first such action. Soon after he became acting president he asserted his authority by swapping ministers - including the minister of justice, who was seen as a close ally of ailing President Yar'Adua.

"He did not give us any reason for the dissolution. Permanent secretaries will take charge of the ministries from tomorrow."

Ms Akunyili said that Mr Jonathan would issue a statement soon on the future make-up of the cabinet.

Mr Jonathan will have to submit the list of new ministers to the National Assembly.

It was only on 9 February that the assembly appointed Mr Jonathan as acting president, allowing him to sign legislation, chair cabinet meetings, reshuffle ministers and release oil funds.

Since he assumed power he has been faced with serious communal violence between Muslim and Christian groups near the city of Jos that has left hundreds dead. On Wednesday, at least 10 people were killed in an attack on a mainly Christian village near Jos.

Armed groups who say they are fighting for a fairer share of oil wealth have also continued their campaign in the Niger Delta.

YAR'ADUA ILLNESS TIMELINE

23 Nov 2009: Goes to hospital in Saudi Arabia
26 Nov: Doctors say he has pericarditis, a heart problem
23 Dec: First court case filed urging him to step down
12 Jan: President gives telephone interview from Saudi Arabia
27 Jan: Cabinet declares president fit
9 Feb: Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan made acting president
24 Feb: Yar'Adua returns
President Yar'Adua was treated in Saudi Arabia for what his doctor described as acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart. There are no details of his current condition.

Amid the continuing uncertainty over Mr Yar'Adua, it was announced on Tuesday that next year's presidential election could be brought forward by three months.

Mr Yar'Adua's term of office expires in May 2011 but he is not expected to stand again.

The ruling People's Democratic Party, to which both Mr Yar'Adua and Mr Jonathan belong, has a policy of alternating between Muslim and Christian presidential candidates, allowing each to serve two four-year terms.

Mr Yar'Adua, a Muslim, was elected in 2007 after Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, had ruled for eight years.

The People's Democratic Party this month confirmed that a Muslim would be the candidate next year to continue this policy, ruling out Mr Jonathan, a Christian.

In short,

I don't want any muslim infidel to sit on that seat again.

These people are devil's incarnate.

May y'all and sharia rot in sheol.

Nonsense!

By the way, are they not supposed to produce a worthy candidate,

Regardless of religion?

I can see that it is PDP that is ruling Nigeria!

Don't worry, I'm coming for you all!  angry
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by mrkoma2012: 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
People are not happy with the situation of things in the country any one who says the protest has achieved anything is missing the point which is enough is enough we are tired of the poor attitude of those in power.Moreover how do we stress our point if not by peacefull protest how i wish i was there to partake in d protest
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by SwtzMinx(f): 11:09pm On Mar 17, 2010
.hmmm
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Kratos007(m): 12:41am On Mar 18, 2010
saw clips of it on the network news. at least we are moving a step in the right direction, albeit a small one.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Redman44(m): 1:15am On Mar 18, 2010
I'm happy that our celebrities have joined in the crusade to protest bad leadership in Nigeria. It is time for all Nigerians to rise up and demand for good governance and functional public amenities. I believe the protests will grow stronger as time goes on. It will get to a stage when Professors and Vice Chancellors will join in the demonstrations. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It is time to vote in honest leaders. God bless all those who have participated in the demonstrations and protests. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by ficoram(m): 2:09am On Mar 18, 2010
I am truly proud of my pple.i will b proud 2 b part of d nxt protest.gone are d days when i'll lie in a corner of my room and keep on cursing and fuming wt anger.now is action time.let say NO to FAILURES we have chosen as leaders.shame on dem and their blood soaked money.cowards they are;local champions-they hold no say when other achievers worldwide are talking,yet they go about shoulder high wt their low-down attitude.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by ficoram(m): 2:15am On Mar 18, 2010
@cultey
I never knew you are such a fanatic
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by spoilt(f): 3:24am On Mar 18, 2010
The futility of protesting in Nigeria.

The govt will only pay hungry students to participate in a million man march begging the president to run for another term. shocked shocked
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by pete(m): 4:07am On Mar 18, 2010
This is amazing, it may not be now, it may not be now, this freedom of the Nigerian people would come some day.

Call Nigerians whatever name you so wishes, but ONE DAY, ONE DAY, things would begin to change.

For those of you calling for peaceful transition, trust me, with the level of decadence we have reached, sustainable prosperity for ALL can't be achieved

unless blood is shed in some way. After all, blood is being shed today, in riots, accidents, electric poles, starvation, armed robbery related killings, fighting

over family properties, lack of health care, to mention but a few. So, before you say no blood, ask, whose blood are we talking about?
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by pete(m): 4:13am On Mar 18, 2010
LOOKING AT THESE PICS MY HEART WEEPS WITH JOY, I saw the Nigerian law enforcement standing and looking at protesters, felt like I was looking at a picture taken in New York, why? thats where I was involved in a protest and the police would not touch you, but stand and watch as long as you don't touch them or vandalize anything, Who said we're not moving forward

I was involved in "Babangida must go" and I carried the scare all through my high school days,

Nay its not for one day, its not for one day, this story of Nigerian freedom, its not for one day.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by pete(m): 4:20am On Mar 18, 2010
When would all the Nigerian celebs take a stand? the struggle needs at the least 80% of them

musicians, actors, pastors, imams and all university students need to take to the street for one day, and as a poster suggested, we may need to go to their homes, DON't set it on fire or anything, don't kill their kids(not yet), just let them know that, ENOUGH is getting really to be ENOUGH

Also, I guessing that Seun comment is not from the Seun who runs this site, if it is, then, it means I was wrong on who and what I had thought he stood for.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by qleyo(f): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2010
We should all read about the non-violent People Power Revolution in the Philippines and how it is what is today. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Power_Revolution

Enough truly is enough.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Akanbiedu(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
Those guys look like they are afraid of something.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
Okay for thos guys who are asking for more pictures, i stole some for you, dont worry, you can thank me later, but for now enjoy cheesy

That's Audu Maikori, the CEO of chocolate city, telling the officer "You no fit do anything, na my papa land be this''

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
Let's fight for it guys. . .Enough is damn enough"

Dnt be on Nairaland waiting for pictures on the next rally!. . . come out and do some fighting!

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
Alluta continua

Enougha Enougha!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2010
cool
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by honeric01(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
Nice violent, more more. cool
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by bawomolo(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2010
i came in to see the cleavage.

i'm outty yall he he
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
^^^^

don't worry, we'll eventually get to where Czechoslovakia is cheesy
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/245150_zim6_jpg8abb8e3a0b15b80189702618c291067b

Nigerian officers should do this more often. . . . I prefer seeing thier back better cool cool

Good news. . . . I just hope they dont get tired of protesting undecided

Is that Cossy I see? shocked
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by honeric01(m): 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
FL Gators:

Is that Cossy I see? shocked

Where you see Cossy? undecided you with this your cossy breasy obsession lipsrsealed
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
honeric01:

Where you see Cossy? undecided you with this your cossy breasy obsession lipsrsealed
Dont mess up my reputation jor.
Do I look like a lesbian to you?
I just thought I saw a half-chihuahua half-human in the rally
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 8:45pm On Mar 18, 2010
Tht's muma gee, she looks like cossy tho

. . .you gotta love Charley! cool

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by honeric01(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
FL Gators:

Dont mess up my reputation jor.
Do I look like a lesbian to you?
I just thought I saw a half-chihuahua half-human in the rally

lol, oh sorry, didn't know you "liked" only the frontpage. lipsrsealed

Chihuahua, ah, that ugly dog, chei, cossy don suffer embarassed
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2010
Tired of using "i pass my neighbor" wink

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2010
honeric01:

lol, oh sorry, didn't know you "liked" only the frontpage. lipsrsealed

Chihuahua, ah, that ugly dog, chei, cossy don suffer embarassed
Liked or licked?
Which one nau?

tehhehehehe grin

violent:

Tht's muma gee, she looks like cossy tho

. . .you gotta love Charley! cool
I've seen mamagee's real [not the ones in her profile pix] pix, she's beautiful wink kiss

I dont know who this charley is but I'm beginning to like him
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by honeric01(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
FL Gators:

Liked or licked?
Which one nau?

tehhehehehe grin

u don dey confess small small lipsrsealed
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2010
@violent

I have one question for you?

Why are the cops lined up like that? What building or what are they trying to protect?

@honerico
Is my confession going to make you happy? hmm?
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
I've seen mamagee's real [not the ones in her profile pix] pix, she's beautiful 

I dont know who this charley is but I'm beginning to like him

Oh not the nutcase we have here on Nairaland, i meant Muma gee, a Nigerian traditional singer.

And as for Charley boy. . he is who the playwriter had in mind when he said "One ring to rule them all". . if it tastes like beef and feels like beef, if Charley says its chicken, then's its fcking chicken!

I have one question for you?

Why are the cops lined up like that? What building or what are they trying to protect?

The are forming a barricade to prevent protesters from gaining entrance into the NA. . well, they couldn't hold on for too long!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? / The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt / How President Buhari Was Poisoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.