Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox (5126 Views)

Kano Confirms 3 more Coronavirus Deaths / Kano Confirms 2 More COVID-19 Deaths / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by actiondrilling: 6:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Kano State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Kabir Getso has confirmed that there is a suspected case of Monkey Pox disease in the state, which is being investigated.

The Commissioner, in a press briefing at the Ministry of Health headquarters in Kano on Saturday, said a suspected case was reported in the Bebeji Health Facility of the State and the patient demonstrated symptoms similar to that of monkey pox, which is also close to symptoms usually demonstrated by patients suffering from Smallpox disease.

“The case is being referred for investigation as the blood sample of the victim has been collected and sent to Abuja for onward transmission to Dakar, Senegal for analysis and authenticity.”

Getso said the result is being expected between two to three weeks. He said expert dermatologists have been invited and observations made, which they say the presentation is close to that of smallpox.

“The patient has no history of travels but had contacts with sixty other persons in his area who are now placed under observation.”

He said it is not confirmed whether it is monkey pox or not as such people should remain calm and dispel dangerous rumors that could trigger panic among the residence of the state.

He noted that the state government under the leadership of Governor Umar Ganduje has taken adequate precautionary measures to forestall possible spread of the suspected case in the state.

According to him, those measures include: activation of the Yar Gaya Isolation Centre, aggressive media campaign on radio using local languages, and update media briefing.

He urged people to engage in personal hygiene through the washing of hands, proper cooking of slaughtered animals, quarantine of suspected animals. He also urged the public not to panic nor create unnecessary tension as the situation is under control.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/10/kano-confirms-case-of-suspected-monkey_29.html

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by eezeribe(m): 6:29am On Oct 29, 2017
When it enters that region,it would be declared a national emergency.

12 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by femdevcon(f): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by SWORD419(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2017
Allah ya kare mu

8 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Mrkumareze(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2017
The monkey is back home!

3 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Ayo4251(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by SWORD419(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2017
eezeribe:
When it enters that region,it would be declared a national emergency.
why do u guys hate the north this much??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Kennitrust(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2017
I will only heard of it but it shall not come close to me.

what I don't know will not know me .

I declared in Jesus name
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by skedman(m): 7:20am On Oct 29, 2017
SWORD419:
why do guys hate the north this much??
ezerebe na ipob

5 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by skyba: 7:20am On Oct 29, 2017
⭐⭐⭐ Happy sunday I preserve my comment till d end of the day
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by talk2percy(m): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2017
Confirm....serves them right. Next destination is Daura.

1 Like

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by okpaire(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2017
i like d way d Nigerian government is being proactive
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by deebee13(f): 7:24am On Oct 29, 2017
SWORD419:
why do guys hate the north this much??

I'm not a northerner, but I was born and bred there. You took this question right out of my mouth. One would think every other part of the country is in heaven where there's absolute love and peace. But I think we all know better... The hates changes nothing!

9 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by xynerise: 7:25am On Oct 29, 2017
It is well...
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Lomprico2: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Its over!!! shocked
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:28am On Oct 29, 2017
I hope this disease doesn't progress to a full-blown epidemic.
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Lomprico2: 7:29am On Oct 29, 2017
deebee13:

I'm not a northerner, but I was born and bred there. You took this question right out of my mouth. One would think every other part of the country is in heaven where there's absolute love and peace. But I think we all know better... The hates changes nothing!

And I believe you know how unhygenic they are over there.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by agarawu23(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2017
The disease is gradually spreading

1 Like

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by deebee13(f): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2017
Lomprico2:

Haba bro, of course I do, but does that mean every other state is cleaner?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:34am On Oct 29, 2017
Lomprico2:

Don't mind her.

1 Like

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Lomprico2: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2017
deebee13:

Haba bro, of course I do, but does that mean every other state is cleaner?

I mean their personal hygiene!

1 Like

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2017
Be informed on Monkey Pox to save your family, friends and yourself. Read this article for symptoms and preventive measures against monkey pox.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/monkeypox-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by jamace(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2017
Do we have monkeys in Kano? How come?
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by otokx(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2017
So there is no testing facility in Nigeria that the sample has to be flown to Senegal.
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by paradigmshift(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2017
what happens in Kano stays in Kano.
**in Kendrick Lamar voice***
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Allureia: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Useless People.. Keep Calling everything "Monkey Pox" so National Cake will get to u. Useless Leaders Everywhere.
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Donsammi(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2017
otokx:
So there is no testing facility in Nigeria that the sample has to be flown to Senegal.

nothing works in Nigeria.
have you forgotten?

Excpt corruption, hatred,tribalism, ethnicity

1 Like

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by malware: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
talk2percy:
Confirm....serves them right. Next destination is Daura.

Why did it served us right?

Is there any sense in your comment? NO undecided
Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by FriendNG: 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lomprico2:

Foolishness is when the monkey pox started from the hygienic south.

When it comes to personal hygiene you should not be the 1 to speak because most of u don't bath. You urinate and let the traces of the urine stick to ur trouser. You poo and still don't use water (thinking toilet paper alone is OK). Some of u shit in a leather bag and den trow it backyard.

For the younger kids otherwise toddlers are train to shit outside anywhere.

For your females, I don't need to say anything. That is room of dirtiness.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Confirms Case Of Suspected Monkey Pox by Siddeek: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
FriendNG:

Foolishness is when the monkey pox started from the hygienic south.

When it comes to personal hygiene you should not be the 1 to speak because most of u don't bath. You urinate and let the traces of the urine stick to ur trouser. You poo and still don't use water (thinking toilet paper alone is OK). Some of u shit in a leather bag and den trow it backyard. 1000000 likes for you bro.

For the younger kids otherwise toddlers are train to shit outside anywhere.

For your females, I don't need to say anything. That is room of dirtiness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

About To Marry But My Menses Has Stopped Flowing / Help! What Drug Should Someone Take For A Severe Stomach Pain? / Enugu State Confirms 3 Cases Of Coronavirus, Discharges Another 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.