Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser (1282 Views)

Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour / Pastor Kumuyi Revisits Covering Of Hair To Church / Meet The Church That Refuse To Help Endsars Ladies Becos Dey Are Wearing Trouser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by cutebobo(m): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2017
What is the Bible's view about female covering and wearing of trouser?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by Aonkuuse(m): 7:25am On Oct 29, 2017
. Deuteronomy 22:5
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
1 Timothy 2:9
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
Exodus 28:42
You shall make for them linen undergarments to cover their naked flesh. They shall reach from the hips to the thighs;
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand why someone will still be wearing pants and bra with skirt to church in this 21st century. it doesn't happen anywhere in the world
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by cutebobo(m): 7:34am On Oct 29, 2017
I dislike spaces booking!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by cutebobo(m): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2017
africansunite:
I don't understand why someone will still be wearing pants and bra with skirt to church in this 21st century. it doesn't happen anywhere in the world
Egbon u need a little sense
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by SweetWJ(m): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2017
Its the worldliness in some churches today in the name of civilisation. The bible standard remain the same even if no one complies with it.
Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by OfficialAwol(m): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2017
cutebobo:
What is the Bible's view about female covering and wearing of trouser?

Trousers was invented several centuries after the Bible was written.

What that means is that the bible does not recognize trousers as man's wear alone.

Again the people of Holland who invented trousers never meant it to man's wear alone.

This is why there is such study as Exegesis.

This your question is borne out of irrational interpretation of the Bible.

Why do we keep making Christianity hard for ourselves?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by OfficialAwol(m): 8:02am On Oct 29, 2017
cutebobo:
I dislike spaces booking!

But that's what you just did. Some of us can see through the lies dude
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by olasaad(f): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Then why did christian always criticized Islam for disallowing this. I believe we should all be saying the truth sometimes so that religion can be differentiate from social life.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by cyborg123(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2017
africansunite:
grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by OfficialAwol(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2017
Aonkuuse:
. Deuteronomy 22:5
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
1 Timothy 2:9
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
Exodus 28:42
You shall make for them linen undergarments to cover their naked flesh. They shall reach from the hips to the thighs;

Few questions for you my religious friend....

1) Do you wear the male cloak as sanctioned by the Bible?

2) Do you know when both the Old and New testaments of the Bible was written?

3) Now, do you know when trousers was invented?

It is advised that we be "Reasonably Practical"
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by Aonkuuse(m): 8:11am On Oct 29, 2017
OfficialAwol:

Few questions for you my religious friend....

1) Do you wear the male cloak as sanctioned by the Bible?

2) Do you know when both the Old and New testaments of the Bible was written?

3) Now, do you know when trousers was invented?

It is advised that we be "Reasonably Practical"
what are you saying exactly? You mean we no longer have male and female clothes distinct from each other
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by irynterri(f): 8:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Aonkuuse:
what are you saying exactly? You mean we no longer have male and female clothes distinct from each other
as a fashion designer, I can categorically tell you that male and female trousers are not made the same way, and as male and female shirts. so it is plain ignorance to call trousers a male only wear. even the people that brought it to us said it is for both
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by cutebobo(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2017
irynterri:
as a fashion designer, I can categorically tell you that male and female trousers are not made the same way, and as male and female shirts. so it is plain ignorance to call trousers a male only wear. even the people that brought it to us said it is for both
As a fashion designer?
Let's talk as believers!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by ConcernedRusian: 8:51am On Oct 29, 2017
olasaad:
Then why did christian always criticized Islam for disallowing this. I believe we should all be saying the truth sometimes so that religion can be differentiate from social life.

Religion does not have to be literalist. That means not every single verse needs to be adhered to strictly or literally. Christianity also has passages like "kill cripples who approach the altar" and "if your children swear at you, murder them", but luckily nobody follows that nonsense in even the most conservative Christian circles anymore.

The problem with Islam is that almost all of it's verses are taken literally. That's the big differential between Christianity and Islam in the modern day.

Also, some food for thought: A lot of the things associated with Men or Women that we take as human universals, such as Pink vs Blue or Pants vs Dress, aren't actually so basic when we look at history. Trousers were invented by Indo-European horse-riding tribespeople, like Scythians, in the Northern steppes of Europe and Asia over 2500 years ago, and were worn by both men and women - before that men wore robes or tunics - essentially skirts. Trousers were ergonomic and spread throughout Persia like wildfire, worn by men and women alike. Many Ancient Greeks refused to wear pants because they thought they were too "feminine"!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by An2elect2(f): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Questions like this only show how insecure people are with the scriptures. If you can have an ounce of trust in God's word for a day, you will see your man made doctrines all shattered before you.

-The Bible no where ever said females should not wear trousers but trust self righteous teachers and pastors when they are struggling with lust and pride, they can get it to say what they want.

-The place about hair covering is for women with short hair, if a woman has long hair that's a natural veil already, why cover a covering again.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by OfficialAwol(m): 8:56am On Oct 29, 2017
Aonkuuse:

The last I checked, we were talking trousers and not all dresses.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Female Covering Of Head And Wearing Trouser by irynterri(f): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2017
cutebobo:
As a fashion designer?
Let's talk as believers!
i don't understand how been a believer means not having sense. if you are not perturbed with women wearing bow ties, beret, shirt, Polo, jacket,socks then why is trousers a sin? if you look keenly at the Jewish dressing of those days, both men and women wore cloaks with scarves for both male and female, I'm of the opinion that the verse implies a man and woman should not share clothes I.e a man should not wear his sister or wives cloak and vice versa. If you study the Jewish law,women on their menstrual period are deemed unclean, even a man merely touching her hand is unclean, same as her garments,if a man erroneously wears the garment she wore he can be termed unclean too, but this is my own reasoning.i barely follow Deuteronomy rules because I don't believe in Cherry-picking,do not pick one verse and leave the other verse, if you want to obey, obey all, as for me I move with the New convenant

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Sunday School Manual For Today 11 Feb. Topic - Dealing With Addictions / Why Is It That Cars Belonging To Members Of Lord Chosen Church Always Spoil? / Intercessory Prayers For Nigeria- Let Us Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.