Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (73745 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2017
sinaj:
Ndi Ama Jehovah lol

They like preaching to others but wont even give preachers from other church listening ear let alone listen to their preaching. Very bad habit if u ask me.

Sinaj, have you ever come to my house to preach to me and I turned you down? Have you ever done that to anyone else? Just be honest with your own self. By the way, JW are waiting for you to show up at their doors.

They not open to correction and believe their doctrine is peerfect.

Do tell, what is your religion? What correction do you imply before making such libelous claim? We base our doctrines on the only constitution that Jehovah blessed us with, his word

Had a JW classmate that would sit down or do something else during prayers as if its not the same God you praying to.

Jesus said that if they are not against you, they are with you. Prayer is a personal conversation between you and God. If you were able to notice your classmate sitting down or doing something else, then you are guilty of what you accuse him of. You were staring at the JW and you claim that you were praying to someone who created you. Think twice, young lady! You were not in the prayer. The Bible says that you cannot serve two masters at the same time. Do not force anyone to pray with you, to stand up or to focus on your prayer, you should say your prayers yourself and let those around you be. It is not by force and your prayer does not make you more favored by God.

Btw a Witness once told me they not Christians, that they are on their own.

I wonder where you heard that. By the look of things, you must have bored that JW with your pre-judgmental attitude and your coerciveness by negating him as a result of his beliefs. There is freedom of religion in the constitution and you seem to be disrespectful of that by berating your JW classmate.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Thylord(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2017
that was how I fuucckk one Jehova witness girl, she and her coleague, a guy came to my house to preach their gospel to me, as the preaching was going on, the guy just receive an emergency call requesting him to come to the embassy sharp sharp,that was how this guy left me and her sister in the lord.my people my people as a sharp nigger I change the Preaching sharp sharp,before I knew what's happening this girl was all over me, chaii the way this girl suck my dicckk,lord of mercy no lady has ever suck my dicckk like that in my entire life,my people I fuucckkck this girl nonsense,i fucckk and fucckk and fucckk,she was just like heaven sent,and the amazing thing is that her pusssyy is extremely tight and her breast soft like fresh agege bread. she even spend the night at my place.men we are still fucckkking till today, she say she is going to come to my place today,God bless Jehovah witness for me.

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by JackBizzle: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2017
nnamokenna:

I beg to disagree. One of my closest and most trusted friends is a Jehovah's Witness and even a Pioneer. Serious misconceptions about witnesses and people don't even want to take the time to understand them or even view them with an open and unbiased mind.

Lies.

The JW friend does not see you the way you see him as a friend.

Or he is not a true jw....probably has his mind on leaving

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2017
And who made you a judge? your statement alone has disqualified you in the circle of Christianity. You have just judged an entire group made up of over 8 million members and you hope to be thought of as serious? How many JW do you know to come to that closure?
mployer:
They are not Christians.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by danyaril2yahoo: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2017
JW is an anti-christ organisation,because they dont believe in the power of holy ghost & it's gift.Also mentioning Jesus christ name ( according Philp 2:8-10)is secondary to them.finally in their wintnessing they dont preach salvation through Jesus,John 14:6
XXLDICK:
They remain the most peaceful Christian denomination.

They do not pay tithes

They are the only Christian denomination yet to be commercialized.

They are my favourite.

Cons:

They do not recite the national anthem.

They do not participate in elections.

They do not accept blood transfusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chatinent: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=lovingJehovah post=61874209][/quote]
Dear man, rather than taking sides against the complainant and siding your Christian sibling (even as you don't care if they are wrong or right), try as much as possible to see that most attitudes are causes of imperfection. We all make mistakes. The religion is good, most witnesses' outward judgement of it is opposite good.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2017
coldsummer:
JW is a cult that has so brainwashed their members.

How can you tell your congregation not to send their children to school.

Can you tell us who prevented you from going to school? Do you know how many JW professionals are out there?

How do u tell them not to take blood transfusion (my uncle died out ofnthos stupidity and now the family discovered the truth. They left the church and the other members stopped talking and associating with them becaise they have become sinners )

Your story is made up to incite hate. It is not real. Have you done your research to know that bloodless surgery is the best medicine out there?

How do u tell them to no worm and make money bit when they work and make that unholy money you tell th to bring it and spend in church.

Who has asked you not to work, bro? Jehovah's witnesses are hard workers everywhere you go. the Bible encourages hard work and not laziness. This is what we preach, so I am wondering. Are you looking for somewhere to stick your blame for not having a job or being educated? And which member of the JW asked you to bring your money and to which church? You are mixing it up, bro. We call our meeting place a Kingdom hall, not a church. Next time write down the church that gave you all these directives on a piece of paper so that you can make your comments constructively.

Read statistics and see the bearish way JW is going globally. Not talking about nigeria. Of coursebrhey will be the last to realise anything.

Now I get it, all that you have written above was made up from statistics? Bro, since your family members have all left, have you made the money yet? We are not a money-making organization. Our goal is to serve Jehovah unitedly as we approach the end of this wicked world. If you feel hate toward us it is appreciated because Jesus said that we will be hated and that was how he was also hated. Dont feel bad, delight in your works because we will all reap from what we sow.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ashlyfab78(m): 11:58am On Oct 29, 2017
rottennaija:
So, someone removed me from the third to comment. Even when I didn't post a thing?

The rest of the story…

What Jw's believe, but won't initially tell people when they knock on doors and ask if they think the world would be better off without war, suffering, sickness and child abuse:

If you become a JW and then leave them because of their false teachings, you will be literally shunned. You family that remain in the organization will not be permitted to even talk to you!

The Watchtower Society is the only source of truth on earth today and the rest of the mankind will be destroyed if they do not belong or convert to jw.

The cross is a pagan symbol of sex worship, and that all buildings or persons displaying the cross are likewise pagan. Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus died on a cross but a stake. However, recent "new light" in the Watchtower now admits they are not certain about the cross, but will continue to deny it anyway. Further, the watchtower originally claimed it was a cross.

No one goes to heaven but 144,000. While the Bible shows that the great crowd is in heaven, the Watchtower ignores this and teach their own interpretation.

They teach Christ is the mediator for only the 144,000, not the rest of mankind as taught in the Bible.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob etc. will be resurrected to earth paradise even when the Bible in Hebrew 11:13-16 shows that their reward will be heavenly. They simply ignore this.

Their light gets "brighter and brighter", allowing for many changes and "about faces" on their doctrines. Yesterday's error is today's "truth" and today's truth becomes tomorrow’s errors. Often the "light" bounces back and forth from old to new views and back again! Basically, in the past 30 years, more than 80% of their doctrine has been discarded.

Blood transfusions are rejected and if a Witness receives one willingly, it results in his eternal death. However, the society allows Hemopheliacs to consume blood for medical purposes to save their life.

That all other religion apart from Jehovah’s Witnesses are false religion and most of the times referred to as Babylon the great.

They believe the Watchtower contains Gods truth, directed by Holy Spirit. Without it one cannot understand the Bible.

They claim they were approved and chosen by Christ Jesus in 1919 as the only religion doing God's will. However their teachings at the time and mistakes since then prove this could not be true and had since been discarded.

They let their loved ones die imposing their doctrinal ban on blood transfusions based on the law covenant. However people broke the law covenant when lives were at stake. Such as saving a life of a sheep or human on the sabbath. King David broke the law to save his men. Even Jesus christ showed that when life is threatened, mercy was more important than sacrifice.

They are known as being false prophets for their many false predictions going back over 150 years. They predicted the coming of christ (1875), resurrection (1878), end of gentile times (1881), Armageddon (1914), resurrection if Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (1915), destruction of all other churches apart from them (1918), disappearance of government and republic (1920), establishment of God's kingdom(1925), resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, jacob (1925), heavenly calling ends (1935), end of the world (1975) and the generation alive in 1914 would not die off before the end. Of course, all this prophecies had since been discarded after their failure and never talked about.

Looking at the history of their false prophecies and teaches, Jehovah's Witnesses becomes a hypocrite whenever they call others false prophet and false teachers.

They are series of court cases involving the Watchtower, the parent organization of Jw, and they are paying millions of dollars in compensation for their failures in child abuse cases (Google is your friend). And yet, none of these are featured in the legal section of their official website. (see how much they have paid thus far: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses%27_handling_of_child_sex_abuse)

Watchtower is selling of kingdom halls in many part of the world. (the building of many ones spoken of as evidence of God's blessing and backing of their works). Yet, many Jw's are not aware of it.

They have their own Bible. A Bible carefully designed to agree with their doctrine.

The Watchtower leadership has repeatedly refused to divulge the names and/or academic qualifications of the people within their organization who produced the New World Translation. The reason cited was that the translator where not seeking glory for themselves. But it's really a lame excuse.

The jw Bible is the first real attempt to remove all references to Jesus being worship or being prayed to. It's the first real attempt to obscure the divinity of Jesus Christ. (more about the jw Bible can be found here: http://www.ukapologetics.net/newworld.html)

U tried bro......but am not believing any of these
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2017
What is the difference between Holy spirit and holy ghost?
If you have always followed our witnessing you would have heard us reading John 17:3 This means everlasting life,+ their coming to know you,* the only true God,+ and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
danyaril2yahoo:
JW is an anti-christ organisation,because they dont believe in the power of holy ghost & it's gift.Also mentioning Jesus christ name ( according Philp 2:8-10)is secondary to them.finally in their wintnessing they dont preach salvation through Jesus,John 14:6

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by oruma19: 11:58am On Oct 29, 2017
That's where all the witches and wizards go to hide. Wicked people that do not fear GOD. JW people are the typical example of pharisees and saducees of bible times. They believe all other denominations are not real, except theirs. Fake cult.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by betterABIAstate: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
chynie:
1)Re-writing a few words in the bible is same as having a personalized bible, so their bible is df cos of the words rewritten
2) the belief that sm ppl will get heaven while others earth sounds so carnal, like dividing paradise into high and low society
3) the birthday of Herod was mentioned in the bible due to its significance in christdom, not because is bad, and we know Christ wasn't born on Christmas
4) I know they are not cult group but they have cultists just like all other churches
5)a woman can't lead is just their personal doctrine, a man is a head of his family not head of everyone.
But all and all I think they are not different from other Christians, like we are all striving to make heaven
the Bible was written by humans not spirits
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
the Bible says that we must all run a personal race, yet we are unitedly brothers. It is fair to attack a JW individually for his own conduct but grounding an individual's conduct on the beliefs on the JW is obnoxious. I am taking sides with the word of God and that is what it is. People come out saying this and that and they cannot provide biblical evidence to back up their claims. They end up referring you to a JW hate blog. They themselves do not know what they believe in and cannot defend their own doctrines.
chatinent:

Dear man, rather than taking sides against the complainant and siding your Christian sibling (even as you don't care if they are wrong or right), try as much as possible to see that most attitudes are causes of imperfection. We all make mistakes. The religion is good, most witnesses' outward judgement of it is opposite good.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by betterABIAstate: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
If every Nigerian Christians were JW, politicians won't go to church for altar prayers before election

2 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by goodmanjustice: 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
chynie:
1)Re-writing a few words in the bible is same as having a personalized bible, so their bible is df cos of the words rewritten
2) the belief that sm ppl will get heaven while others earth sounds so carnal, like dividing paradise into high and low society
3) the birthday of Herod was mentioned in the bible due to its significance in christdom, not because is bad, and we know Christ wasn't born on Christmas
4) I know they are not cult group but they have cultists just like all other churches
5)a woman can't lead is just their personal doctrine, a man is a head of his family not head of everyone.
But all and all I think they are not different from other Christians, like we are all striving to make heaven

1. The right expression is "translation'', not ''re-writing''. Even the bible you read is a translation. If you have compared your translation with The New World Translation, you will not use the word "difference" to describe TNW from other translation. check JW.ORG, there are translations other the New World Trans.

2.If everybody goes to heaven, why did God create the earth in the first place. Granted, the devil deceived our first parents, and a fresh arrangement was made by God to redeem man, that does not mean that God's original plan for man has been thwarted. Scientifically, the earth is the most habitable planet in the universe. Gen 1;28 God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth." New American Standard Bible. Does this sound like they were going to be temporary residence? Here is another food for thought. psalm 37: 29 The righteous will inherit the land And dwell in it forever.American Standard Bible. Never will this earth be empty
3. Jesus never celebrated his birthday, none of the disciple ever did, he did not instruct we do it. It has a pagan origin, if u celebrate birthdays u are engaging in an unchristian activity. Candy is sweet, but u dont pick it from the gutter. Certain practices may be cool in themselves, but their origin should be considered befor engagin in em
4 True, there could be member of JW who engage in evil activities, but the focus is on the big picture.
5.Chris is the head of the church, he appointed twelve disciples all men, call that chauvinism? DUNNO

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Caspian22(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
We shouldn't condemn anyone because if their beliefs. Instead try to understand or better still respect it. Visit www.jw.org for more information about Jehovah's witnesses.
Op chatintent I sent you a pm, reply pls.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by lovingJehovah: 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Oruma, Witch na day know witch. So, when you accept that you are a witch and publicly confess, we will listen to your tales of where they are hiding. When you check the newspapers do you see the JW on the front page dong anything witchlike or pharisee-like?
If they don't believe in what they teach, how can they teach it? If yours is not fake, you would believe in it. Judging the JW by blaspheming them is a sin and you do not seem to care about sinning when you about judging them. Is that not what the Pharisees do? Mr. Christian
oruma19:
That's where all the witches and wizards go to hide. Wicked people that do not fear GOD. JW people are the typical example of pharisees and saducees of bible times. They believe all other denominations are not real, except theirs. Fake cult.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Yyeske(m): 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
Another thing Jehovah witnesses are guilty of is not participating in any force be it Army, navy, police etc. If others don't join too, how will they be protected by say an invasion of their country, combating crime and the rest?
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Tekzyflex(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2017
XXLDICK:

They do not pay tithes

They are my favourite.

Cons:

they accept blood transfusion majority
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mywells: 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
I don't think they do funerals.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
You forget to add say they can come ur house come visit when you no dey in the mood to relate with anybody
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by maidaddy: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2017
sinaj:
wicked you lol
Funny enough they dnt take no for an answer.
haha they gonna knock all day mehn
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Oye0404(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
sanpipita:

I'm hardly a religious person but JW are one the best and exemplary Christian denominations aside some of their beliefs.
I attend a Baptist church but am at awe on JW level of commitment. this broda comes around since I was in Sec school till I went to d uni,, he still calls me now even wen I don't worship wit dem. how many Christian can leave d comfort if his home and walk in the scotchy sun d heavy rain for a course u don't get paid for. they are d only practising Christians I know

3 Likes

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by braimeddy: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2017
They don't accept blood transfusion but they do have sexual intercourse. Is sperm not blood? If they don't accept blood transfusion, I see no reason why they should be having sex
XXLDICK:

They do not pay tithes

They are my favourite.

Cons:

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by adajoe555: 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
XXLDICK:

They do not pay tithes

They are my favourite.

Cons:

I am proud to be one

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
ashlyfab78:

U tried bro......but am not believing any of these

You don't have to. Just research them. Take one at a time.

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by adajoe555: 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
XXLDICK:

They do not pay tithes

They are my favourite.

Cons:

And I am proud to be one

1 Like

Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by chubbyswit(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
Jonathan:

Shut up!
So Ur useless pastor isn't?
I'll delete this rubbish from fp tongue
sorry for the frustrations, but the truth must be told especially to blind and ignorant folks.
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by vertueptime: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
I love Jehovah witness . they're the best type of Christians out there,they are extremely kind and are not scammers like the conventional Christians.
mind you,I'm a muslim

Very true
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Visit their various members residence, you will know they are not doing what they are preaching.

They might dress holiest than thou, but their homes unkept.
Base on experience.

Because of this particular witness dude unkept habit, I nolonger welcoming their preaching.

When the says cleaniness is Godlyness, this particular dude will be one to mess up place. If you see him on road dressed up so neatly. The question is did he cleaned where he's living?
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by adajoe555: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
Notatribalist:
Jehovah's witness contribute money for leader?where did you hear that from?please kindly do research before feeding the public with lies..

Are you a Jehovah witness
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by babaztee: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
They also go with bags always!
Re: Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Notatribalist(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
adajoe555:

Are you a Jehovah witness
yes.I left the organization before,but I am back..so yes I am a witness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.