Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches (17054 Views)

Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by phoenix0100: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
bemejr:
Sorry not sorry, but i would say you lack wisdom...how can the holy scripture should be inside the a phone that is enhance with other apps, the bible works alone...nothing is been attached to it...so It Is Very Wrong For The Bible To Be Made On A Device.

Until King James decided to print the Bible do you think anyone else had access to it ? Don't make issues out of nothing
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
mysteryman2014:

The word Bible is derived from the Greek word Biblia which means little books.

Nope.

It means 66 .

Pls investigate now sir.

Except it has multiple meanings.

In my own knowledge, in Hebrew language, The word Bible means 66.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Hallenjay: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fleewpeed:
That moment when your pastor is casting demon from a possessed member with ipad
and no reply to ds??
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Aonkuuse(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
bemejr:
Sorry not sorry, but i would say you lack wisdom...how can the holy scripture should be inside the a phone that is enhance with other apps, the bible works alone...nothing is been attached to it...so It Is Very Wrong For The Bible To Be Made On A Device.
you lack wisdom rather Bro, how does a Bible works rather than giving us information about God and his kingdom and how we should conform ourselves to God's commandment as a Christian. If you said other apps are bad and shouldn't be the same with Bible,. Then what about the things you do in the presence of a Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by linearity: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fleewpeed:

hard copy bible will be extinct

How many hard copies of the Bible or manuscripts were existing during the early christians and they were more effective than the whole of the 20th century Christians put together.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by jmichael259(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
They should follow the example of Jehovah's witnesses who make an announcement at intervals during large gatherings to remind the audience to set their electronic devices so as not to be a distraction to others.

Stone> scroll> paper> digital
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Xbursta(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Aonkuuse:
bible is offline Bro, your mind is dirty work on it

Not all are offline
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by amazingspiderma: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
There was time when the Bible was in scrolls, people took extreme caution on how they handled it. It took a lot of effort to preserve. Now all that has been left in the museum for history.
Then came the printing press, it was easier to reprint thousands of copies in short time at a cost.

Now we have the tablet, bible at no cost. It is free to download and readily available.

I have a feeling more accessibility will only lead to more conversion as both believers and non believers have access and can study for themselves.

It's just the way things are right now, no amount of campaign can reverse it.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by dokilolo: 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
OP is jst finding it hard to embrace advancement in tech. remember it started wit scrolls ....sorry ten commandments was on stones.
the important thing is the word of God is bn shared,nt d means bt d word.
I put it to u dt in 30 yrs time, someone would complain about tablet bn d ideal means of sharing d word if God nd find it hard to embrace the latest technology trend.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by zoedew: 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
2 Timothy 2:23
“But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.“

Much ado about nothing!
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by ohbee49: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fleewpeed:

but some people leave their data connection on to reply notification from facebook and other social networks
Always switch your phone on airplane mode when you get into the church, my Bible app always notifies me
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by heartofgold112: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
Papiikush:

You are just delusional. Same goes to many people on this thread

If you want to prove a point at least don't make a fool out of yourself while at it.

Books are also results of science (technology). Back in those days (BC) words and memos were written on BOARDS (or books made from animal flesh)

It is not about the means of reading the word of God, it is about how you use the "Words" written in the Bible. (Study to show thyself approved)

"I shall meditate on it day and night" (Knowing the word and how to use it)

Those movies where you see pastors cast out Demons with a bible are just plain stupìd.

You don't need a bible to cast out Demons, you need to activate the word of God implanted in you (which you studied and approved).

Don't be too forward to make fun of yourself next time sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by thetruthzz: 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fleewpeed:
That moment when your pastor is casting demon from a possessed member with ipad
bro it is not d book bible nor the iPad bible that cast demons..... Jesus never used any tool to perform miracles neither did any prophet or pastor tell you that it is pointing d bible dat removes the demon .....it is only nollywood movies that u see pastors facing witches with bibles..... Faith in Gods word and speaking it is what brings solution to problems that y the bible says you shall S.A.Y to this mountain ....it didn't say u shall point ur bibles to the mountain..... bro u speak Gods word whether u got it in the written bible or tablet bible or u even saw it in someone's jotting ....as long as it is Gods word...... just say it and believe in what u hv said

1 Like

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by chiraqDemon(m): 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
We are not even supposed to be using paper bibles in church, what happened to the parchments and the stone tablets, that is the main way the word of God should be read.

Now the truth is that we only had the Bible in paper as a result of technological advancements from stone tablets and scrolls, now a new era has come to wipe away the era of paper and pen, even educational materials are being released in digital form instead of paper, talk less of religious materials. It is time to accept it and move with the times.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by chiraqDemon(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
psalmson001:
If u think there is something wrong with reading bible from electronic devices, then why dont you stop texting, chatting, sending e-mails, and go back to sending letters via pigeons and post offices.
I think it's a smart idea especially for those using glo network
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Lex11(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it matters (regardless of any ill or vain motive behind it)... those whom the LORD God wants to reach, He will reach no matter how the holy word is relayed.

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:11 (related thereto are 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21, Romans 10:17).
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Olumaeme: 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
And who told u the first Bible was printed with ink? The one u carry about is just used as a means of storage... Just like tablets...

Just imagine teaching pupils with slate now!
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
don't see anything wrong in these. .it's technology and I think if Moses had his way, he would have taken the ten commandments on a tablets as well. . .using projectors, tablets, laptops, etc to read God's words does not change anything, what we should be thinking or talking about is if the words we read are making any impacts in our life. .
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by victorioushands: 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Africans! The Bible is actually the container of the words in it. It can be in a pen-drive or in hard copies, it's still the same. That our brains may be dull to technological change notwithstanding. The scrips in today's hard-copy Bible were originally in Scrolls but we had no qualms with it because we did not know any better. Bottom line: it means nothing if not better and faster. But the way, it was not written in English form onset, the English version we have all come to love is just a translation (with many errors while translating)

Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by vjohnson: 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Local mentality
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Elf912: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
Samsimple:
Not only the pastor but the entire congregation at times.
I am not against pastors using a tablet, rather replacing the physical bible with a tablet in the pulpit

As the pastor enters the pulpit to bring the word of God to the people of God, no hard copy of the bible is found in his hand, gracing the top of the podium visible to the entire congregation as the book at the center of attention, instead the congregation sees a tablet.

I believe there are several potential dangers this subtle shift generates.

Share your opinion....

lalasticlala felixomor bloodofthelamb butterflyl1on butterflylion fleewpeed
The Bible isn't the paper or scroll or stone or smart phone which is just a vessel. The following Bible is the Word written , that the Christian builds his life around. It is word in spirit that makes the Christian do exploit not the physical book.
Please in this day of fast technology, don't sound like a stone age man...talking about paper and ink, it is the word inside the man, or woman or pastor that matters. Times are changing, the Bible's container will change,the life giving Word won't change..
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Aonkuuse(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Xbursta:

Not all are offline
then try and download offline one
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by toprealman: 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Samsimple:
Not only the pastor but the entire congregation at times.
I am not against pastors using a tablet, rather replacing the physical bible with a tablet in the pulpit

As the pastor enters the pulpit to bring the word of God to the people of God, no hard copy of the bible is found in his hand, gracing the top of the podium visible to the entire congregation as the book at the center of attention, instead the congregation sees a tablet.

I believe there are several potential dangers this subtle shift generates.

Share your opinion....

lalasticlala felixomor bloodofthelamb butterflyl1on butterflylion fleewpeed
Do you realize that the bible used to be in scroll originally? Imagine how delighted people that lived back in the days would have been living in your time. Knowing the content is more important than anything else.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by micxwell(m): 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
dayowunmi:
What is the bible? The word of God! The paper is not what matters, it is hat is written therein. If the tablet bible contains same words as the one written in the book then I don't get what the fuss is all about. Stop emphasizing paper jor. Me I prefer tablet sef, some of the apps have multiple versions all in one app plus commentary as well which is not common with hard copies and when you find hard copies with multiple versions plus commentary, most of the time, they would be very big and inconvenient to carry about. I use PC bible for my personal bible study. its so effective for me than hardcopy bible. Happy Sunday
Good point. Have got my Devotional, about 4 versions of the bible, concordance, and about 3 hymn books. Imagine carrying those around. It's not the book but the WORDS!
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by henrijin: 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Umm umm!! Una for still dey read the Bible from scroll. Things are changing. Technology is advancing. Adapt people. Adapt. The texts are the same.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Aonkuuse:
We make problem out of nothing. I don't see anything wrong with that,it is just the easiest way of getting access to the word of God nowadays.
easiest way? How much is a tab vs a bible?
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by micxwell(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Papiikush:

You are just delusional. Same goes to many people on this thread

If you want to prove a point at least don't make a fool out of yourself while at it.

Books are also results of science (technology). Back in those days (BC) words and memos were written on BOARDS (or books made from animal flesh)

It is not about the means of reading the word of God, it is about how you use the "Words" written in the Bible. (Study to show thyself approved)

"I shall meditate on it day and night" (Knowing the word and how to use it)

Those movies where you see pastors cast out Demons with a bible are just plain stupìd.

You don't need a bible to cast out Demons, you need to activate the word of God implanted in you (which you studied and approved).

Don't be too forward to make fun of yourself next time sir
Wanted to write same, thanks bro.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by sonnie10: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
xreal:
I don’t really see it as 'proper'.

It distracts attention .

Are you still using scrolls or is the ten commandments still written on stones (tablets)?
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by revelatiorcm(m): 7:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
I personally use my phone as a bible in church when I preach and I even sometimes use the internet.
there is no difference between the bible and the ipad
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by mechanics(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fleewpeed:

hard copy bible will be extinct
not at all, but not all churches are using that.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by mechanics(m): 7:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
It's not proper at all, one can only use it if on a journey or when one can't access the hard copy but to be using IPad to preach is not the best.
Re: Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches by sonnie10: 7:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
bemejr:

But if you don't want the bible with other apps on your device, the you shouldn't have the bible with other books in your bookshelf or library.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam / If God Grants You Just One Wish, What Would It Be? / Biblical Christian Quotes and Lessons by FaithfulServant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.