Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

5million Naira Fixed Deposits - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 5million Naira Fixed Deposits (8989 Views)

Distress Sale Of Poultry Farm Worth 5million For Sale At 1.5million Naira / Bypass CBN Ban To Make Deposits And Withdrawals On Binance / Fixed Deposits Interest Rates Of Nigerian Banks - 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2017
How much can 5 million naira fixed deposits yield in Nigerian bank for one month ,actually I have like 5m but I want to use it by December, I'm thinking of putting it in fixed deposit for November to 6th December.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by HarunaWest(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2017
frankloloko:
How much can 5 million naira fixed deposits yield in Nigerian bank for one month ,actually I have like 5m but I want to use it by December, I'm thinking of putting it in fixed deposit for November to 6th December.
I can help you with that..I work with the bank which motto is 'in your best interest'... Within a month, fixing such amount should yield you between 20-30 grand as interest. Due to current each economic recession rates have really dropped...so think bout it and hola back
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by Asegzy: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2017
Contact me and u will earn at least 300k monthly with ease
Here's my contact 08082308760
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2017
HarunaWest:

I can help you with that..I work with the bank which motto is 'in your best interest'... Within a month, fixing such amount should yield you between 20-30 grand as interest. Due to current each economic recession rates have really dropped...so think bout it and hola back
I mean well known Nigerian bank not for individual, thanks anyway .
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by hakimi1974(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
mr. man, give yourself brain. i can't invest 5 mil in any god damned fixed deposit of any nigerian bank. calculate the interest rate on offer, against the current inflation rate.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
hakimi1974:
mr. man, give yourself brain. i can't invest 5 mil in any god damned fixed deposit of any nigerian bank. calculate the interest rate on offer, against the current inflation rate.
thank you , I just need to know how much I can make from 5million Ina month from Nigeria bank . I can't risk any business now .

1 Like

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
dentaldoc98:
if you looking forward to making cash effortlessly then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for

visit m c d a v e f u n d s . c o m
i said Nigerian bank .

4 Likes

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
frankloloko:

Do not invest in Fixed Deposit. Go and invest your money in Treasury Bills. Are you aware that the bank that will take your money for Fixed Deposit also invest it into Treasury Bills and make profits, so why not invest it directly into Treasury Bills yourself? I almost invest in fixed deposit too until my open upon to Treasury Bills. It means you're borrowing the government money and you will make your profit while your capital is 100% safe. I personally invested the same amount of yours 5 million on the Treasury Bills with my bank.
Just visit your bank and tell them you want to invest in Treasury Bills, tell them you want the Secondary Market.

Visit this link to see bunch of nairalanders investing in the same.. See more details here https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/421

You may also consider Mutual Funds too, you can learn more about Mutual Funds here https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/47

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Do not invest in Fixed Deposit. Go and invest your money in Treasury Bills. Are you aware that the bank that will take your money for Fixed Deposit also invest it into Treasury Bills and make profits, so why not invest it directly into Treasury Bills yourself? I almost invest in fixed deposit too until my open upon to Treasury Bills. It means you're borrowing the government money and you will make your profit while your capital is 100% safe.

Just visit your bank and tell them you want to invest in Treasury Bills, tell them you want the Secondary Market.

Visit this link to see bunch of nairalanders investing in the same.. See more details here https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria/421

You may also consider Mutual Funds too, you can learn more about Mutual Funds here https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/47

All the best!
thank you .
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
frankloloko:
thank you .

In addition, as soon as you walk into your bank and tell them you want to invest in Treasury Bills. There is possibility that your bank will try everything to convince you to invest in Fixed Deposit, but insist that you are not interested in Fixed Deposit. They have Tenors as in number of days so you will tell them the tenor you want, for instance. I myself went for around 189days. Its a cool investment.

98 days - 16.5%
189 days - 16.55%
273 days - 15.4%

Be careful of scammers here, don't listen to them O!. Go to your bank yourself O!

3 Likes

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by Fxmanager(m): 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
frankloloko:

We are here for you. Your #1,000,000 can currently give you an average of #50,000+ monthly return investing with us after performance fees. And if you want an average monthly return of more than #500,000 after 48 months of your investment with us, you can do so using compound interest in your investment with us. This means after 4 years of your investment with us using compound interest, you will be getting a average monthly interest/income of more than #500,000 assuming you decide to start withdrawing your monthly interest. This will be possible as long as we stay under our working risk of 5-10% of your capital, and the maximum permissible risk of 30% to your capital. Note: we are doing everything possible to stay under 10% risk to our potential investor’s capital.

At 5% average monthly returns using compound interest without withdrawing funds from your account, your #1,000,000 will grow to #10,401,269.7+ in 4 years time (48 months).

How is it possible to turn #1,000,000 to #10,401,269.7+ in 4 years?

It is possible through the power of compound interest as explained below.

Compound interest is the concept of adding accumulated interest back to the principal sum, so that interest is earned on top of interest from that moment on. The act of declaring interest to be added to the principal is called compounding.(I.e you decide to add the earned interest to the initial principal in the investment going forward)

Monthly compound interest formula
We are using monthly here ,since we are talking of monthly returns.
The formula for Monthly compound interest, including principal sum, is:
A = P (1 + r/n) (nt)
Where:
A = the future value of the investment, including interest(returns)
P = the principal investment amount (the initial deposit amount)
r = the monthly interest rate(returns) in decimal.
n = the number of times that interest is compounded per month (in this case once or one time)
t = the number of months the money is invested
Note that this formula gives you the future value of an investment, which is compound interest plus the principal. Should you wish to calculate the compound interest only, you need this:
Total compounded interest = P (1 + r/n) (nt) - P
Or simply
Total compounded interest =A-P
Let's look at an example
Compound interest formula (including principal):

A = P(1+r/n)(nt)
If an amount of #1,000,000 is invested with us and we return a monthly interest rate (returns) of 5%, the value of the investment after 48months (I.e 4 years) can be calculated as follows...
P = #10,401,269.7. r = 5/100 = 0.05 (decimal). n = 1 (since we are compounding it once a month. t = 48.
If we plug those figures into the formula, we get:
A = #1,000,000(1 + 0.05 / 1) ^ (1(48)) = #10,401,269.7
So, the investment balance after 48 months (4years) is #10,401,269.7
Methodology
Step-by-step explained, how we get the #10,401,269.7. This all revolves around BODMAS and the order of operations. Let's go through it:
A = #1,000,000(1 + 0.05 / 1) ^ (1(48))
Using the order of operations we work out the totals in the brackets first. Within the first set of brackets, you need to do the division first and then the addition (division and multiplication should be carried out before addition and subtraction). We can also work out the 1(48). This gives us...
A = #1,000,000(1 + 0.05) ^ 48
Then:
A = #1,000,000(1.05) ^ 48
The exponent goes next. So, we calculate (1.05) ^ 48.
This means we end up with:
#1,000,000× 10.401269646942109782178152880917
= #10,401,269.7
You may have seen some examples giving a formula of A = P ( 1+r ) ^ t . This simplified formula assumes that interest is compounded once per period, rather than multiple times per period.

We have the best currency trading team here to assist you in building your #1,000,000 to over #10,401,269.7 in 4years (48 months) and beyond. You will be getting an average monthly interest/income of more than #500,000 assuming you decide to start withdrawing your monthly interest after the 48 months, helping you live the life you deserve even without a job. You can give us a trial.

This is the best structured, secured and transparent savings/investment you will ever find in this forum. No lock up period on your savings/investments and you can withdraw or close your account anytime. Your withdrawals from our partner broker to your bank Mastercard/Visa debit card takes 2 to 4 days maximum. If you are using ecurrency payment system, it takes 5 mins to the ecurrency payment systems then you can then make instant withdrawals to your Nigerian Bank account using Nigerian trusted e-currency exchanges. You can also use Bank wire transfer. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-10%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured licensed,audited and regulated financial firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet enable device. You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us. Statement of account sent to your email daily. working risk to savers/investors capital is 5-10% risk and maximum permissible risk to savers/investors capital is 30%. Visit the link below to learn more.

https://www.nairaland.com/3901897/currency-trading-journal-target-avg

Visit the posts below to learn how to avoid scam and fraud. Learn to check and get the regulatory body's website to verify any company's regulatory status.

https://www.nairaland.com/3925379/investments-anti-scam-fraud-guide
https://www.nairaland.com/3931027/4-ways-avoid-investment-scams

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fxmanager:

We are here for you. Your #1,000,000 can currently give you an average of #50,000+ monthly return investing with us after performance fees. And if you want an average monthly return of more than #500,000 after 48 months of your investment with us, you can do so using compound interest in your investment with us. This means after 4 years of your investment with us using compound interest, you will be getting a average monthly interest/income of more than #500,000 assuming you decide to start withdrawing your monthly interest. This will be possible as long as we stay under our working risk of 5-10% of your capital, and the maximum permissible risk of 30% to your capital. Note: we are doing everything possible to stay under 10% risk to our potential investor’s capital.

At 5% average monthly returns using compound interest without withdrawing funds from your account, your #1,000,000 will grow to #10,401,269.7+ in 4 years time (48 months).

Compound interest is the concept of adding accumulated interest back to the principal sum, so that interest is earned on top of interest from that moment on. The act of declaring interest to be added to the principal is called compounding.(I.e you decide to add the earned interest to the initial principal in the investment going forward)

A = P (1 + r/n) (nt)
Where:
n = the number of times that interest is compounded per month (in this case once or one time)
Note that this formula gives you the future value of an investment, which is compound interest plus the principal. Should you wish to calculate the compound interest only, you need this:
Or simply
Let's look at an example

A = P(1+r/n)(nt)
If an amount of #1,000,000 is invested with us and we return a monthly interest rate (returns) of 5%, the value of the investment after 48months (I.e 4 years) can be calculated as follows...
P = #10,401,269.7. r = 5/100 = 0.05 (decimal). n = 1 (since we are compounding it once a month. t = 48.
Methodology
Step-by-step explained, how we get the #10,401,269.7. This all revolves around BODMAS and the order of operations. Let's go through it:
Using the order of operations we work out the totals in the brackets first. Within the first set of brackets, you need to do the division first and then the addition (division and multiplication should be carried out before addition and subtraction). We can also work out the 1(48). This gives us...
Then:
= #10,401,269.7
You may have seen some examples giving a formula of A = P ( 1+r ) ^ t . This simplified formula assumes that interest is compounded once per period, rather than multiple times per period.

We have the best currency trading team here to assist you in building your #1,000,000 to over #10,401,269.7 in 4years (48 months) and beyond. You will be getting an average monthly interest/income of more than #500,000 assuming you decide to start withdrawing your monthly interest after the 48 months, helping you live the life you deserve even without a job. You can give us a trial.

This is the best structured, secured and transparent savings/investment you will ever find in this forum. No lock up period on your savings/investments and you can withdraw or close your account anytime. Your withdrawals from our partner broker to your bank Mastercard/Visa debit card takes 2 to 4 days maximum. If you are using ecurrency payment system, it takes 5 mins to the ecurrency payment systems then you can then make instant withdrawals to your Nigerian Bank account using Nigerian trusted e-currency exchanges. You can also use Bank wire transfer. You might be interested in what we offer. We promise a target of average 5-10%+ monthly profit on your savings/investment. Funds in a secured licensed,audited and regulated financial firm. You can monitor your savings/investment anywhere you are in the world 24/7 using any internet enable device. You are free to test us with any amount you can comfortably risk before saving/investing fully with us. Statement of account sent to your email daily. working risk to savers/investors capital is 5-10% risk and maximum permissible risk to savers/investors capital is 30%. Visit the link below to learn more.

Visit the posts below to learn how to avoid scam and fraud. Learn to check and get the regulatory body's website to verify any company's regulatory status.

thank you .
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
[s]
Fxmanager:

A = P (1 + r/n) (nt)
Where:
Or simply
Let's look at an example

A = P(1+r/n)(nt)
Methodology
Then:
= #10,401,269.7

[/s]

Please stop destroying this thread with your Forex adverts every time. This thread is for people to answer question from a nairalander about Fixed Deposits as you can see clearly. Nobody is stopping you from creating your own Forex Thread.

@ Frankloloko, be very careful with anyone asking you to invest your hard earned money in forex. Do not invest in Forex because it is risky. A lot of people today are engaged with trading activities in the foreign exchange market. ... The Forex market is constantly changing and this brings great risks that all traders have to work with. Therefore, Forex trading risk control is an increasingly popular subject amongst Forex traders. The truth is YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN in Forex. You will be responsible for all losses, which may exceed your initial investment. Forex trading is one of the riskiest investments you can make.

@ Frankloloko, be very careful with Forex.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
dotcomnamename:

In addition, as soon as you walk into your bank and tell them you want to invest in Treasury Bills. There is possibility that your bank will try everything to convince you to invest in Fixed Deposit, but insist that you are not interested in Fixed Deposit. They have Tenors as in number of days so you will tell them the tenor you want, for instance. I myself went for around 189days. Its a cool investment.

98 days - 16.5%
189 days - 16.55%
273 days - 15.4%

Be careful of scammers here, don't listen to them O!. Go to your bank yourself O!

bro thank you , do you know how much 5m can give from November 6th to December 7th.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
frankloloko:
bro thank you , do you know how much 5m can give from November 6th to December 7th.

No sir, there is no one month, it depends on available tenor from either 182 days up to 364 days. The best is to contact your bank they will tell you everything. Mine was 177 days at 18% and i am getting close to 500k as profit excluding my 5 million investment, this is because i also ticked the compounding interest. So it depend on available tenor. The good thing about Treasury Bills is that TREASURY BILLS is RISK FREE investment and repayment is GUARANTEED from the Federal Government at the end of maturity period.

I hope this clarifies your question.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by tunde4top(m): 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
frankloloko:

Don't do T-bills (The rates are on the down side now and only good for a long term investment tenure). Go for stanbic IBTC MMM (Money Market Fund). After one month, you will be free to terminate your investment anytime you feel like and your principal and acqued profits will be paid back to you within 5 working days. Their ROI is averagely around 17% (per anum) for now. 17%/12= 1.4% interest rate per month. 1.4% *5000000 = 70k interest per month.
Check below link for more
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/41#61091042

If I were you, I will use some portion of the money to buy bitcoin and keep till december.

1 Like

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
tunde4top:

Don't do T-bills (The rates are on the down side now and only good for a long term investment tenure). Go for stanbic IBTC MMM (Money Market Fund). After one month, you will be free to terminate your investment anytime you feel like and your principal and acqued profits will be paid back to you within 5 working days. Their ROI is averagely around 17% (per anum) for now. 17%/12= 1.4% interest rate per month. 1.4% *5000000 = 70k interest per month.
Check below link for more
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/41#61091042

If I were you, I will use some portion of the money to buy bitcoin and keep till december.

Don't discourage him. Please don't do bitcoin cos it is RISKY. Yes bitcoin is doing well now but the bitter truth is it is risky. As per Treasury Bills, the earlier the better. You and i know that even in the lowest percentage investors will still grab it faster. It is advisable to lock down before it go down more. When interests drop below 15% the goal is to play short term in the Secondary Market, leverage on Mutual Funds. Moreover Treasury Bills is not fixed so only his bank/broker can tell him the available percentage, it is then up to him to decide if he will purchase it or not. Primary Market is best when you are looking at 364 days tenor. Time is the key, meaning is if you invest now you may blame yourself why you didn't lock it down by this time around. Always use First Bank for the Secondary Market. Stanbic IBTC Bank is perfect for the Primary Market. That is the trick. Half bread is better than none. If i were you i will diversity. Key like 3m with Treasury bills and 2m in Mutual Funds (Money market Funds).

Copied- Its a fact that Treasury Bills have not gone below 9% since 2008!

So, as long as it stays above that..the only treath to Money Market Funds is war! And government default in Treasury Bills repayment has never happened in 40 years! and our foreign reserves just hit new high of $34 billion.

Mind you SIMM funds is run by a BANK that has minimum of N100 billion insurance at the CBN..So the bank guarantees your money and CBN guarantees the bank.. Your money is %1000 SAFE!

2 Likes

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by freeman67: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
Bros as said above, you can either count the no of days remaining from now till December 7th you need the money and approach either FBN or Stanbic to see if they have something around that duration left to invest or better still you can sharply invest it in Stanbic, FBN or Arm Money market fund..at least any interest earn is guaranteed after one month.

Pls avoid all unknown financial institutions marketed here ooo..... Your interest should not be too much on what you will get let it be on preserving your capital while earning the little you can too..

2 Likes

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by 9japrof(m): 5:50am On Oct 30, 2017
OP. fixed deposit is a way to go or maybe Treasury bills, but the truth is that none would give you that with an option of a month deposit.

go consult your bank

1 Like

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by freeman67: 6:40am On Oct 30, 2017
if he succeeds in investing in mutual funds is money market fund with that money he should be getting @ least 2k daily with the current rate. He will also be able to terminate after one month. His only problem is opening the in time depending on where he is.

For treasury bill if he is lucky enough he may find the tenure he is looking for at the primary market...He may also wish to invest for 91days and terminate before maturity but that now may be dependent on bank selling it before maturity...

For fixed deposit he can always walk into the bank and invest for one month wish is usually their minimum tenure or even call deposit if he will want to collect his money before one month.

In all the mutual fund (money market fund)and TB seem better.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by Fxmanager(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
frankloloko:
thank you .
Even though you may not invest your money with us, try and monitor our performance from now till 7th December that you are planning to use your money. You can even diversify and invest a part of it with us while monitoring the drawdown in your account balance/equity. We have a conservative account management for the risk averse investors with low risk to their capital, targeting 5-10% average monthly return. You can withdraw and even close your account at any time. We the fund managers do not have withdrawal access to your money, as deposit/withdrawal are 100% controlled by the investors. Take time and go through all our post and website for clear understanding of our service. Check our signature for the links.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
9japrof:
OP. fixed deposit is a way to go or maybe Treasury bills, but the truth is that none would give you that with an option of a month deposit.

go consult your bank

Exactly what i said. The best bet is to VISIT his BANK and inquire about Treasury Bills and Mutual Funds. Very simple!
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by frankloloko: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Exactly what i said. The best bet is to VISIT his BANK and inquire about Treasury Bills and Mutual Funds. Very simple!
im going to do that today .

1 Like

Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by dotcomnamename: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
frankloloko:
im going to do that today .

Good idea.
Re: 5million Naira Fixed Deposits by Lovelygbems: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2021
We currently offer 5% at AIICO

(1) (Reply)

New 4bedroom Bungalow House Plan/building Plan, Architectural Design / Standardchartered E-saver VS Diamond Bank HIDA / How I Earned #104,500 In A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.